Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mimir

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:21:59 AM

Really informative brochure, SilkNetwork has a bright future in the cryptosphere. I'm not talking about months, or even a couple years. I believe its something our future generations will be proud of us for getting involved rather early.

SilkNet team topnotch.
One or two more serious dnm failures and it's game over, it's only a matter of time.
Decentralized or bust.

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 03:04:47 PM

Looks like our lead developer got quoted in a Coin Telegraph article Cheesy

https://cointelegraph.com/news/investment-advices-to-warren-buffett-biggest-loser-in-wells-fargo-and-hillary-clinton
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:53:54 PM

BOOM! everyday more good news and publicity.

Is there a specific time that the SLK market will open tmrw or do I have to just keep hitting F5 all day?? I want to be the first to buy!!!   Grin Wink
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:40:54 PM

Watching this project. I will do some reading tonight before I invest. Good luck
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:13:43 PM

Having marched through a financial desert

Wonderful quote!
Very good Spencer (and Silk team)! Tomorrow is coming! Sit tight and relax if you can.

Desert weather forecast:
new silk thunderstorm!
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 06:35:21 PM

Great article!!!  Way to go Silk Network!!!

dontigua

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:55:10 PM

Balance is showing.  Thank you and sorry for freaking out.  Perhaps my posts should have been deleted as they were.  This is crypto after all so please excuse my mistrust for the moment.  Orestes sent me a personal message and the issue was rectified quickly.

In regards to previous posts who is Arteleis? I am sorry I am new here.  I see in the intro he is credited for approaching this team? Cannot see any more info on the site or here. 

Thanks for any info.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 11:04:34 PM

Balance is showing.  Thank you and sorry for freaking out.  Perhaps my posts should have been deleted as they were.  This is crypto after all so please excuse my mistrust for the moment.  Orestes sent me a personal message and the issue was rectified quickly.

In regards to previous posts who is Arteleis? I am sorry I am new here.  I see in the intro he is credited for approaching this team? Cannot see any more info on the site or here. 

Thanks for any info.

Arteleis was effectively the driving force of the community between 2014 and the beginning of this year, then he simply vanished.

He approached Spencer Lievens initially and then Spencer Lievens hand picked the people that form the current team.

He was loved and is missed by all. We are sure the community can ellaborate some more.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:40:00 PM

question:

I have sent most of my silk to weaver but there are still 130k coins locked in wallet staking even though wallet is locked. How can i release these?

thanks,
john
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:41:14 PM

Thanks for any info.

Arteleis was effectively the driving force of the community between 2014 and the beginning of this year, then he simply vanished.

He approached Spencer Lievens initially and then Spencer Lievens hand picked the people that form the current team.

He was loved and is missed by all. We are sure the community can ellaborate some more.

I understand that you were uneasy moving your hard earned money whether it be fiat or crypto.  I was the same. All my Silkcoin was on Poloniex, I didn't have a local wallet running.  I hadn't logged into Poloniex for several weeks and when I did on 9/9 my wallet was showing that my Silkcoin was at 0 value and trading was closed.  I rushed to get a local wallet setup in hopes that I could withdraw the Silkcoin out of Poloniex

I originally did a small deposit of 10 for a few reasons;
1. I needed to make sure my local wallet was functional
2. I needed to make sure that my withdraws from Poloniex confirmed
3. I needed to validate the Weaver deposit address

Needless to say that all worked out (previous post shows my initial test worked) and I have transferred my Silkcoin over.  Now the hard part comes (waiting for trading to start and DSLK to be open).

I have 100% trust in this team.  I came in contact with Spencer about 2 years ago in IRC when I had just started switching over to x11 and x13 mining and he was one of the most knowledgeable people I have run across since getting involved in altcoins.  I have personally met Amir.  He came to DC and we had a very good meeting on another project.  He knows his stuff when it comes to coding.  I wish I had one tenth of his or Spencer's knowledge of the blockchain.  I have enough faith in the team that I will be buying more SLK and dropping some BTC on DSLK as soon as it opens.   I want both  Grin

My advice to anyone still on the fence.... get your coins moved over!  I don't think you have anything to loose mainly because I don't know what you will be able to do with the legacy Silkcoin after the swap is completed.

To the entire SilkNetwork team -- CONGRATULATIONS on where you are today and how far you have come.  I think we are all in for the dawning of the next era sometime tomorrow. 

I don't think I will be going to bed tonight  Cry

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
MCDev

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:43:19 PM

question:

I have sent most of my silk to weaver but there are still 130k coins locked in wallet staking even though wallet is locked. How can i release these?

thanks,
john

I had the same situation with the remainder of mine.  What I did was set the reserve amount to 9999999 to prevent any additional staking and within about 5 hours my full balance was available.  It might work in your situation as well.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:43:56 PM

Balance is showing.  Thank you and sorry for freaking out.  Perhaps my posts should have been deleted as they were.  This is crypto after all so please excuse my mistrust for the moment.  Orestes sent me a personal message and the issue was rectified quickly.

In regards to previous posts who is Arteleis? I am sorry I am new here.  I see in the intro he is credited for approaching this team? Cannot see any more info on the site or here.  

Thanks for any info.

He went by the name Hanz Lambrecht.

I dont know if this was his real name.

I worked with him through 2014 and 2015 with the wallet rebuild.

Then he simply vanished this year.
Needless to say we would not be here today without his effort he put in, not to mention his own money.

I hope we see his return some day. I really miss him.
Either way perhaps he planned his exit much like satoshi?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dontigua

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:44:34 PM

Thanks for any info.

Vanished? What do you mean approached? Like contracted?
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:45:17 PM

question:

thanks,
john

I had the same situation with the remainder of mine.  What I did was set the reserve amount to 9999999 to prevent any additional staking and within about 5 hours my full balance was available.  It might work in your situation as well.

will try that, whats the exact syntax?

I went with
Code:
reservebalance true 999999

output=
Code:
{
"reserve" : true,
"amount" : 999999.00000000
}

hope that works...

thanks
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 11:55:54 PM

Balance is showing.  Thank you and sorry for freaking out.  Perhaps my posts should have been deleted as they were.  This is crypto after all so please excuse my mistrust for the moment.  Orestes sent me a personal message and the issue was rectified quickly.

In regards to previous posts who is Arteleis? I am sorry I am new here.  I see in the intro he is credited for approaching this team? Cannot see any more info on the site or here.  

Thanks for any info.

Vanished? What do you mean approached? Like contracted?

He quite literally vanished, he was posting like normal and then just stopped posting.

Spencer Lievens did a lot of detective work, found out his name, town of residence, company names, addresses, phone numbers. He attempted calling the numbers associated with the business to no avail, numbers no longer in use.

Arteleis just messaged Spencer to help with the original Silkcoin and from that the current plans grew. He did help fund Spencer for around 4-5 months of his development work back in 2015 when he wanted Spencer to work full-time and devote his attention. There was no official contract, just a verbally binding agreement.

However, Spencer has not just done the work originally asked of him, he has brought all his asperations, ideas, knowledge and contacts to the table and is implementing them in the form of the Silk Network. If Arteleis were to return today, we believe he would be in awe of where we are right now, let alone where we are headed.
dontigua

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:00:54 AM

Thanks for any info.

Needless to say we would not be here today without his effort he put in, not to mention his own money.

Interesting.  And perhaps sad.   That's a long time for any crypto dev to work and then vanish without reading any kind of benefit.  Seems he was well loved in the community.  I am Italian.  Never does a boss leave without being forced to or death becomes him. Or perhaps jail. And in jail.  Generally there is a messenger.   Nonetheless this is an interesting and strange thing about this project.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 12:04:31 AM

Thanks for any info.

Interesting.  And perhaps sad.   That's a long time for any crypto dev to work and then vanish without reading any kind of benefit.  Seems he was well loved in the community.  I am Italian.  Never does a boss leave without being forced to or death becomes him. Or perhaps jail. And in jail.  Generally there is a messenger.   Nonetheless this is an interesting and strange thing about this project.

Oh don't be mistaken, he isn't a developer. He was reading a lot of books on Java and C++ as he wanted to code, but he wasn't a developer.

He had a strong passion for crypto and community values and believed in pulling the community together to achieve greatness.

He was having business related issues, tax, courts etc. so jail time is a possibility and to be honest, out of health and prison, we hope he is healthy and inside, than free and not alive.
MCDev

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:20:53 AM

question:

thanks,
john

I had the same situation with the remainder of mine.  What I did was set the reserve amount to 9999999 to prevent any additional staking and within about 5 hours my full balance was available.  It might work in your situation as well.

will try that, whats the exact syntax?

I went with
Code:
reservebalance true 999999

output=
Code:
{
"reserve" : true,
"amount" : 999999.00000000
}

hope that works...

thanks

I was using the QT under *nix and just set it in the settings but in the config files (when I'm not in a hurry) I use;

staking=0
reservebalance=9999999

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:18:52 AM

Yes, I too knew Arteleis. A VERY good man. He is a main pillar as to why we are all here today. I do hope that he arrives one day and then the cycle will be complete. He is and will always be the true SILK inspiration that made shit happen. nuff said.
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:01:18 AM

Well all i can say this..

Once entering the world of the Freemasons it takes you and drives you to certain points.

believe,obsessions and god knows what more, all of this is personal/social progress.
anyone who goes this journy will find himself and choses his path.

My believe when you have been obsessed and can let go of this and can see in full spectrum
you can be part of crypto in his/her whole."understanding"

Good luck Hanz/Arteleis hope your Journey will be fruitfull. There is no black...

For the Silk team/community I have been critical been an ASSHOLE but i'm closer
than one might think not in terms of development or thinking power but in BELIEVE

This might not sound very strong/powerfull, but hee every social positive talk might maybe leading
in something  constructive.

In the last thread i talked about SILK price hitting 500sats range i was RIGHT hate me for it for what ever reason.

Now I will say 50K sats will only be the beginning doubt me hate me I dont care visionairs will be visionairs

Those that hold see the future!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: