Bitcoin Forum
November 13, 2018, 09:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 847 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - Zcash Zero Knowledge Privacy Secured by Bitcoin  (Read 1108106 times)
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:36:22 AM

Please everybody dont forget Support Thunderclap!!!

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tombtc

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:23:48 PM

Is having BTCD better than buying into ICO? i mean is there any better rate or something or will that be balanced?
syberwolfen

Activity: 718
Merit: 261

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:04:03 PM

hi I look on multiple thread but
didn t see how exactly the swap will be done if all my coin in btcd are on bittrex

thanks

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 04:06:37 PM

Is having BTCD better than buying into ICO? i mean is there any better rate or something or will that be balanced?

It depends on what the BTCD price is. Both get a bonus, described in the #2 comment of this post.

More info in this article also: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

hi I look on multiple thread but
didn t see how exactly the swap will be done if all my coin in btcd are on bittrex

thanks

The swap will happen after the ICO. We haven't published any detailed info about it yet.

However, if you have BTCD we strongly recommend you to send them to a local wallet, where you have full control over your keys. As a BTCD holder you are entitled to a revenue share asset also. To get that you need to have the privatekey. We will provide publish a guide about this little later.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
ohweoh

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:25:53 AM

I dont think whitepapers get released this close to ICO dates.
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:23:53 AM

Just read every page of this thread. What a read. So many opinions, lots of trolls.

I was just wondering about the comparison between Zcash and Komodo. I know you say that you're not directly competing (maybe this is a front, so excuse my lack of interpretation) and that Komodo will likely be LTC to BTC in comparison. However it seems to me that Komodo will have significant funding, a great team, yourself, the existing infrastructure you have built, dPoW as added security, a none US entity (good or bad thing), a working fancy GUI... Lots of things that Zcash will be lacking. Does this not merit it being even better than Zcash or a better alternative?

Thanks.
jd1959

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:41:04 AM

You must not have witnessed enough ICO's. 1) hype  it up  2) hype it up some more 3) Flog it to the punter's. It's SOP (standard operating procedure) in the crypto world.

Cheers Jon  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Script3d

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:34:51 AM

Would be this altcoin success fully just asking?
would this beat etheruem i dont nothing about these kinds of things

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀           

100M PLAYERS 
$57M REVENUE  ▌ 

◦◦○○● 63% ANNUAL GROWTH ○○◦◦
    Join our TOKEN SALE and get + 20% BONUS! 
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:44:21 AM

The white paper will be released soon for all to read.

Just read every page of this thread. What a read. So many opinions, lots of trolls.

I was just wondering about the comparison between Zcash and Komodo. I know you say that you're not directly competing (maybe this is a front, so excuse my lack of interpretation) and that Komodo will likely be LTC to BTC in comparison. However it seems to me that Komodo will have significant funding, a great team, yourself, the existing infrastructure you have built, dPoW as added security, a none US entity (good or bad thing), a working fancy GUI... Lots of things that Zcash will be lacking. Does this not merit it being even better than Zcash or a better alternative?

Thanks.

What James has always said is that we should be competing with fiat and not with each other and i think it shows in the answers he provides.

I personally think that we are a better alternative to Zcash as we are taking the best parts of everything it offers and combining it with dPoW.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

super55

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:43:50 AM

By the way, Komodo have 2 kind of transactions right?
One is "normal transaction" & and one is "anonymous transaction"... is this correct?

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 06:58:07 AM

One is "normal transaction" & and one is "anonymous transaction"... is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. It's just like in Zcash.

.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
super55

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:10:52 AM

Yes, that is correct. It's just like in Zcash.

Ok, thanks  Smiley

StratisKing

Activity: 840
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:38:38 AM

Komodo Chinese OP has been done, enjoy!   Cheesy Cheesy  Good luck with the ICO.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1632410
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:39:33 AM

Komodo Chinese OP has been done, enjoy!   Cheesy Cheesy  Good luck with the ICO.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1632410
Thank you!!  Cool

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:50:12 AM

The project does sound interesting, but with anonymous dev I'm afraid I''m out.

Shame, I was looking forward to this one.

You won't raise really big numbers anonymously. There's no way I'd invest a lot of btc without having some way to hold the lead dev accountable. I guess you will still raise a fair amount, but nowhere near what you could have done imo.
indiancoder

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:52:57 AM

When will whitepaper be released? I can't wait.   Cheesy
kjadB

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:48:05 AM

You won't raise really big numbers anonymously. There's no way I'd invest a lot of btc without having some way to hold the lead dev accountable. I guess you will still raise a fair amount, but nowhere near what you could have done imo.

jl777 has nearly three years of reputation established, being anon is an advantage ... can't be closed down, so far less regulatory risk
Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:47:07 AM

jl777 has nearly three years of reputation established, being anon is an advantage ... can't be closed down, so far less regulatory risk

It's a also a history of incomplete projects, building one ICO on top of another with promises of future functionality and utility at every step that have never been delivered.

I'm not saying this is just ICO milking, but anonymity is certainly not an advantage in this case imo. I can only speak from my own perspective, but I would have put a lot into a project like this, now at best I'd throw a bitcoin or two at it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
barbierir

Activity: 511
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 12:05:20 PM

It's a also a history of incomplete projects, building one ICO on top of another with promises of future functionality and utility at every step that have never been delivered.

FUD... why don't you make an example of abandoned project and repeated ICOs ?  James has been working hard and Supernet is taking shape as promised. I am a happy investor.

.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1089

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 12:16:55 PM

Thanks.
zcash has a great team and has done an incredible job putting the zksnarks into bitcoin protocol and they will be continually improving the tech at that level. So it is more like an Apple and Intel "competitition". Does Apple compete with Intel?

i wouldnt say it does. Apple uses the intel processors, along with many others. And Intel does make their own computers, so the analogy is pretty close

I think what people get caught up in is the financial aspect, but when dealing with crypto currencies it isnt exactly like a consumer product. The network effect  is one of the most powerful things and the more the zcash protocol is used, the more valuable zcash is. it is not purely a cashflow thing when what your "product"  can be used as money.

Money is worth more when more people use it. Now we can split hairs and say if people are using KMD they are not using ZEC, but if you look at the protocol level, both are using zcash.

Looking at the big picture, think about what the effect on zcash would have been had KMD chosen cryptonote tech to use. I think we are in a stage where the industry standards are still not decided on privacy tech. The protocol that gets selected will allocate massive future valuations to the entities that are at the cutting edge of that protocol.

Using the Intel analogy, if you go back in time, once there was a battle between Intel and Motorola in the very early days of CPU. The "protocol" in this case is the CPU instruction set, little endian vs big endian, opcodes, etc. And Intel ended up with the winning protocol so over the decades, Intel grew massively while Motorola languished. When Apple switched to Intel CPU, that was basically the end of the Motorola CPU as far as any meaningful marketshare.

Mapping this to the crypto space, we are in a similar stage. Other than bitcoin, things are all potential and we dont have the mass market version yet. Without privacy, corporations wont use crypto for anything other than petty cash. Looking forward it will be hard to stop the proliferation of crypto based products, just as it wasnt possible to stop the proliferation of CPU based products. How many products have a CPU inside them now? That is a rough estimate to the number of blockchains we will have in the future.

This is why I am working hard to standardize on as much as possible. The bitcoin hashrate to secure all the blockchains. The zcash protocol for privacy. Atomic cross chain swaps for interop. But all this is "under the hood" tech that the fancy GUI will hide from the end user. In one sense it is invisible, but it is as important as the selection of CPU and protocol stack. There are no governing standards bodies, so the standardization needs to emerge from the adoption.

I hope you can better understand why I dont see komodo as competing with zcash.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 847 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.