Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 11:41:41 PM

I plan on running at least 1 notary node. It's currently installed and running in Montreal, Canada on a Intel Xeon E5-1650v3, 6core/12threads, 3,5 / 3,8 GHz, 128 GB of RAM DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz & 500 Mbps guaranteed bandwidth /w 1Gbps burst. Last year I operated and maintained a cluster of 18 VPS's for SuperNet/InstantDEX testing and development and for the past 4-5 years I've been operating mining pools. Currently operate www.zpool.ca on 5 dedicated servers. If all goes well, I will bring another notary node online in EU.

Cheers!

I now have 2 nodes installed and running. 2nd one is in France.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Bitboy12345

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:14:42 AM

Hi people...

So... Komodo looks like a really cool project. I've run through the white paper and it looks interesting. On page one there's an indication that 10 million tokens are reserved for bounties, but I'm not seeing any info on how to participate... Can anyone advise.

thanks

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 07:22:38 AM

sorry, any bounty social media?

Hi people...

So... Komodo looks like a really cool project. I've run through the white paper and it looks interesting. On page one there's an indication that 10 million tokens are reserved for bounties, but I'm not seeing any info on how to participate... Can anyone advise.

thanks

We did have some bounties. Here are the bounties currently active:

Looking for bounties?

Another Bounty!

We are creating a couple of a few minutes long Komodo videos. For them we need to find a voice-over!

Do you have a beautiful voice and a good microphone? Send a PM and the job could be yours!

We will pay 0.1 BTC bounty for this, paid in KMD after the ICO.

Still searching

We are still looking for a native Spanish speaker who could post and maintain a Spanish Komodo thread! The bounty is 0.05 BTC.

All possible future bounties will be announced in this thread! Also, jl777 has nothing to do with bounties Smiley

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:00:10 AM

More than bounties , its the platform that counts. The reliability and viability toward consumers are the factors of which a blockchain project will gauge as a successful and therefore profitable.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:57:14 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 01:30:52 PM by yassin54

Support KomodoPlatform on Thunderclap

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 01:39:24 PM

Notary mining wars - and how to avoid them

Using PoW as the initial consensus mechanism creates the possibility that the notary nodes will start a mining war against each other. Now they are supposed to be a cooperative group so we hope this is just a theoretical issue, however I must have been more affected by the cold I had earlier in the week as I had calculated the end of BTC subsidy at $1.25 KMD price. Which, even in the most optimistic scenario was 5x increase, so I figured this was not an urgent issue to solve.

Now that ZEC futures are trading around $100, if KMD trades at 1% of ZEC, we are looking at $1 price. What is "worse" is that I was off by a factor of 5 and the end of BTC subsidy will happen at 25 cents KMD price. That is just a bit above the max raise value, so it appears that we need a solution to this.

The reason is that during the subsidy period, there is a financial balancing that can be done by withholding subsidy to a notary that overmined over the average. However if the KMD that is mined is well above the $500/mo, then this withholding wont have much effect.

"blocks" : 13020,
    "connections" : 46,
    "difficulty" : 2.41007651,

With diff well above 1.0 for testnet, it does seem that a solution is needed.

with 1 minute blocks being sustained (actually more like 45 seconds recently), that is 1440 blocks per day or 43,200 per month. 1/64th is 675 blocks per month per notary or ~2000 KMD per month, so 25 cents price matches the $500/mo

What this means is that above 25 cents market price, there wont be need for much BTC subsidy. The bitcoin txfees would be the only BTC that is needed by the notary nodes.

Here is my proposed solution:

KMD can be in one of two modes: Notaries Active or No Notary

We are currently in the No Notary mode and it is the usual free for all PoW race. We have verified 1 min blocks are sustainable and so even in the even all notary nodes are disappeared, there is a fallback so that the KMD chain will continue on. Of course without notary nodes, there is no bitcoin protection, so we dont expect we will see such conditions other than right after genesis and before the first slate of notaries are selected, or some unexpected black swan event. I am also leaning toward just starting off with the testnet notaries as the official notaries, until there is the official election. We now have quite a few testnet notaries, but it isnt too late to get your node participating, especially for North America(!) or Asia (eastern europe). European nodes are getting very close to the 16, if not already there. We dont have any African or South American nodes yet.

For the Notaries Active mode, I propose the following to avoid notary mining wars:

At each height, a single notary node gets to mine at the current difficulty, this will rotate in a round-robin so each notary node gets 1/64th of the current difficulty blocks.

At all heights, the rest of the notary nodes get to mine at 10x the current difficulty.

Everyone else gets to mine at 100x the current difficulty.

####

I believe the above will make any mining war between notary nodes uneconomic. It does have the issue of transitioning from Notaries Active mode, as if all notaries are gone we need to get a special tx confirmed to switch to No Notaries mode, but that would require 100x the hashrate. However, using a GPU it appears that 50x or more the hashrate of the default miner can be achieved and assuming it is from a baseline of around 1.0 to 2.0 diff, we will be able to get the special tx confirmed within 10 minutes.

Notice a good side effect of this is we can easily detect a specific notary node that is not generating blocks on their turn, just by looking for blocks that take ~10 minutes. That is a painful duration, but not any thing so drastic, so I think any unreliable notary node that subjects the rest of the network to multiple 10 minute blocks will soon be voted out by the majority of the other notary nodes.

Since the notaries will be operating as a cooperating peer group, and they are most directly able to tell the lagging notary, I think the usage of notary majority to replace a misbehaving notary will keep the set of  official notaries reasonable. It could well be that after the initial election, there wont need to be a general election at all.

Of course, there still needs to be a provision for a global notary election after the initial slate and a one third notary node + special signature will be able to effect just a new slate of notary nodes.

Not sure about limiting the power of the majority notary nodes to replace 1 node at a time is a good idea or not. By limiting the number of such replacements per time period, it can limit the rate of change of notary composition. Then if it looks suspicious, a general election of all notary nodes can be invoked to put a stop to the one-by-one installation of crony notaries.

One thing to keep in mind is that this will not be a machine driven thing, but a human driven one. So there will be chat logs available to see why a certain notary was replaced with another.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:11:54 PM

Notary mining wars and how to avoid them.

Kashi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:13:23 PM

I would like to run Notary node in South Asia Wink, I've almost an year of testing experience in SuperNET. Currently, Testing Notary Node these day as well.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:21:40 PM

A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.
serious question:
where can I download the newest BTCD wallet?
the one on MEGA is Version 1.0.0....
Is this really the latest version?
I can't find another source.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 02:26:28 PM

I would like to run Notary node in South Asia Wink, I've almost an year of testing experience in SuperNET. Currently, Testing Notary Node these day as well.
great!

join #notarynode and get a testnet notary going

yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:42:43 PM

A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.
serious question:
Try this for windows!! Smiley

https://www.sendspace.com/file/od4y99

or

look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0
TAPAKAH

Activity: 1092
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:31:48 PM

Hi Komodo team!
Russian locale need a translation whitepapper. You can provide it in a text format so that we can translate the machine?
Although the option to transfer qualified translator into Russian would be better. We are very interested in your project, but there is a language barrier, help us solve this problem.
Thank you
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 06:31:16 PM

serious question:

Sorry for the delays!

We will update the bitcoindark.com website soon. However, that walled linked in mega is the correct one.

Hi Komodo team!
Russian locale need a translation whitepapper. You can provide it in a text format so that we can translate the machine?
Although the option to transfer qualified translator into Russian would be better. We are very interested in your project, but there is a language barrier, help us solve this problem.
Thank you

Hello!

Here is a link to the text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1trTzc3zb8wlqOwLlPOiwyhgJzis2aKHdg8m6_tynJB0/edit?usp=sharing

We are also thinking about translating the white paper into Russian and Chinese.

Thanks for your support!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:43:19 PM

KMD-BTC price is expected drop not BTCD-BTC. If anyone is buying BTCD now for 0.0042 then converts into KMD and dreams to sell at 0.0053 then the price will drop.
Also, what you have recommended is not what others plan to do. And that's where problems arise.

Buying-wise, there are three ways to get KMD:
- Invest BTC during the ICO.
- Buy BTCD and swap it.
- Buy it after the ICO.

If one thinks that the price of KMD will be lower than its ICO price then it is better to wait. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for BTCD not to reach prices >= 0.00425 unless all the BTC investors invest on day 1. As long as the price of BTCD is less than its equivalent in BTC for the different phases of the ICO (counting bonuses), it seems preferable to buy BTCD and swap it later. This will make the BTCD price rise (at least for the duration of the ICO).

Good point but also realize there are only 1.2 million BTCD and most are being held. The price will stay below the threshold since there is only people looking to get out who are selling and now stuck at a valuation. These would be the only people selling. No one is going to buy BTCD for more and no one is really going to dump and sell for less when they could swap in to something new. So buying BTCD isn't a real option to get into KMD, once people buy in they can't sell for more than the ICO so they hold and don't sell either. Its just a swap pretty much here.

So that leaves the ICO or Buy it after... Why would people buy in to sell lower? It is pretty obvious the price will only go up. The only problem is if no one buys with BitCoin at the ICO then there are no funds to pay the nodes and the only KMD would be the BTCD which won't be sold to pay the nodes. I would expect all the buys at the 25% and that would be the extent of it. If anyone gets in later is is only because they didn't hear about the ICO and want in.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:16:38 PM

KMD-BTC price is expected drop not BTCD-BTC. If anyone is buying BTCD now for 0.0042 then converts into KMD and dreams to sell at 0.0053 then the price will drop.
Also, what you have recommended is not what others plan to do. And that's where problems arise.

Buying-wise, there are three ways to get KMD:
- Invest BTC during the ICO.
- Buy BTCD and swap it.
- Buy it after the ICO.

If one thinks that the price of KMD will be lower than its ICO price then it is better to wait. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for BTCD not to reach prices >= 0.00425 unless all the BTC investors invest on day 1. As long as the price of BTCD is less than its equivalent in BTC for the different phases of the ICO (counting bonuses), it seems preferable to buy BTCD and swap it later. This will make the BTCD price rise (at least for the duration of the ICO).

Good point but also realize there are only 1.2 million BTCD and most are being held. The price will stay below the threshold since there is only people looking to get out who are selling and now stuck at a valuation. These would be the only people selling. No one is going to buy BTCD for more and no one is really going to dump and sell for less when they could swap in to something new. So buying BTCD isn't a real option to get into KMD, once people buy in they can't sell for more than the ICO so they hold and don't sell either. Its just a swap pretty much here.

So that leaves the ICO or Buy it after... Why would people buy in to sell lower? It is pretty obvious the price will only go up. The only problem is if no one buys with BitCoin at the ICO then there are no funds to pay the nodes and the only KMD would be the BTCD which won't be sold to pay the nodes. I would expect all the buys at the 25% and that would be the extent of it. If anyone gets in later is is only because they didn't hear about the ICO and want in.

BTCD holders will retain the revenue share as well as the average % bonus of the BTC investors. It also gives the flexibility of being able to swap over the period of a year.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NotMyFarm

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:47:28 AM

so eventually this is just a revamp of BTCD ?
changed code to fit more with Zcoin ... redesign and boom ?
is that it ?

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 02:02:33 AM

I am recovering from  a cold, so not up to the usual 16hrs per day of deep coding. But no sense to waste time, so I figured I might as well close the loop on assetchains.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372879.0
The above talks about the asset passport system, which in some sense was the mother of dPoW! The necessity of being able to secure many weak chains is what got me on the path to dPoW.

I have selected the Bitcoin Unlimited implementation to base the assetchains on. A couple reasons are that the MVF (minimum viable fork) btcfork project that I helped out is basing itself on that. Also instead of being insulted, I get invited to the BU slack so I can get support in making a dPoW compatible chain.

Now before you all start thinking that this will take a long amount of time, I already finished the coding for the dPoW independent portion: https://github.com/jl777/assetchains

As I debug the dPoW, I will have a test third party chain to verify that dPoW is able to be used by other chains easily. And since we need to make a BTCD revshare assetchain, this solves multiple issues all at the same time. I call the reference assetchain: REVS (short for revshare)

The changes I made:
1 minute block time, 1.5 day retarget
block 1 issuing of all coins (assets)
disable block reward, txfees goes to crypto777 account
on-demand blocks (no need to generate PoW depth when dPoW provides security)
command line spawning of new coins

The dPoW integration is not yet, but I believe this is the first implementation of a bitcoind fork that allows for command line spawning of new coins. iguana was the first to do this earlier this year and it is quite a handy feature.

ASSETCHAINS_PORT = GetArg("-ac_port",ASSETCHAINS_PORT);
    ASSETCHAINS_MAGIC = GetArg("-ac_magic",ASSETCHAINS_MAGIC);
    ASSETCHAINS_TIMESTAMP = GetArg("-ac_timestamp",ASSETCHAINS_TIMESTAMP);
    ASSETCHAINS_SUPPLY = GetArg("-ac_supply",ASSETCHAINS_SUPPLY);
    name = GetArg("-ac_name","name");

When the assetchaind is launched by adding the various -ac parameters, it will deterministically generate the nonce for a valid genesis block, and the genesis block and go into an idle mode waiting for transaction to arrive in the mempool. This eliminates all the blockchain space that has empty blocks.

I will have to add a special case to ignore the dPoW notarization special tx, otherwise it will keep generating blocks for each confirming notarization tx. Clearly some dPoW specific issues left to do, but then again since dPoW is not finished yet, that kind of makes sense.

Some might say it is dangerous to release something that allows anybody to create a new coin just with new command line parameters. I say that we will end up with thousands upon thousands of blockchains, this is unstoppable, so they might as well be dPoW blockchains.

To run an assetchain, just clone https://github.com/jl777/assetchains
cd assetchains
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

from src:
./assetchaind -gen

the above launches the default assetchain, which is for REVS. To launch a different chain:

./assetchaind -gen -ac_port=pppp -ac_magic=mmmmmmmm -ac_timestamp=<unixtime> -ac_supply=<supply> -ac_name="name"

pppp is the p2p port, the rpc port will default to one above
mmmmmmmm is netmagic, just some large random number
<unixtime> is standard unix timestamp
<supply> is the total coins/assets issued
"name" is case sensitive and ~/.name will be where the coin files will end up

I tested most functions other than the on-demand blocks. let me know if you have any issues

tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:33:41 AM

what about the zcash ? it's worth investing from now?
Erichallig

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:54:38 AM

waiting for the ico. i will definitely join
jazzong

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 02:56:42 AM

This next Amazing ICO , Lets participate for Komodo ICO ,
big bonnus waiting  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: