Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191695 times)
Katewind

Activity: 121
Merit: 92

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:55:25 PM

Last Friday, zcash disclosed a potential DOS attack vector that could remotely crash nodes. There has not been any attack and the patch to fix it was already released in the 1.8.0-1 release.

I have merged that patch, along with rebasing to the 1.8.0 release and this is now in the master branch. The notary nodes have updated and if you are running a mining pool or exchange it is a good idea to update over the coming days. As the bug causes a crash and it is not a consensus issue, if an attack materialized your node will crash, but it wont be able to do any damage other than that.

Granted it is an annoying thing, but no sense to disrupt normal operations for just this update.

So, update at your convenience. The next GUI update will have the 1.8.0-1 komodod in it.

Again, it is not a consensus issue, but a local node remote crash possibility. Since the notary nodes and some mining pools are already updated, you could just wait until your node crashes to update.

With all the attention given to this level of bug, it seems the zcash codebase is getting quite solid.

You are working hard and I can see your effort for all things running smoothly and I'm not wrong when I have bought 5k KMD with cheap price around 0,00012btc some days ago. now I can get a bit profit from this action but I want KMD to increase higher than 0.00025btc in next month.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:01:03 PM

Last Friday, zcash disclosed a potential DOS attack vector that could remotely crash nodes. There has not been any attack and the patch to fix it was already released in the 1.8.0-1 release.

I have merged that patch, along with rebasing to the 1.8.0 release and this is now in the master branch. The notary nodes have updated and if you are running a mining pool or exchange it is a good idea to update over the coming days. As the bug causes a crash and it is not a consensus issue, if an attack materialized your node will crash, but it wont be able to do any damage other than that.

Granted it is an annoying thing, but no sense to disrupt normal operations for just this update.

So, update at your convenience. The next GUI update will have the 1.8.0-1 komodod in it.

Again, it is not a consensus issue, but a local node remote crash possibility. Since the notary nodes and some mining pools are already updated, you could just wait until your node crashes to update.

With all the attention given to this level of bug, it seems the zcash codebase is getting quite solid.

You are working hard and I can see your effort for all things running smoothly and I'm not wrong when I have bought 5k KMD with cheap price around 0,00012btc some days ago. now I can get a bit profit from this action but I want KMD to increase higher than 0.00025btc in next month.

If you want KMD price to go up, buy KMD. Tell your relatives to buy KMD. Tell you friends to buy KMD. And, after all that, buy some more KMD. That's how the price raises,  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 02:07:16 PM

hi - quick question - I am an old time holder of the Supernet/Unity asset - with the Komodo rollout, I am a little confused of the relationship between the two - is Unity still part of the equation?  Is it still worth something?  If so, if someone can explain why/how that would be extremely helpful.  Thanks in advance and apologies for the cluelessness.

Nothing has changed, the asset will still get revenues from the Supernet services once they're active and people use them. The only difference is that the asset will be moved from Nxt to their own assetchain sometime this summer.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:07:37 PM

If you want KMD price to go up, buy KMD. Tell your relatives to buy KMD. Tell you friends to buy KMD. And, after all that, buy some more KMD. That's how the price raises,  Grin

That would be nice so that his/her family can benefit kmd opportunities. Because sooner than later kmd will go to poloniex soon. And with or without you kmd will be more than 25,000 satohis. I am holding this in such a long time unless I need money or I felt the reward is more than enough. Grin

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:59:57 PM

any news on komodo getting on polo yet?
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:34:08 PM

No plzz not yet! need to accumulate more coin!!!
BlackstarCollective

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:58:21 PM

Noobish question, but what is the difference between SuperNet and Komodo?

Are they linked to eachother somehow, do I need to own both if I want to invest myself in the project?
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:18:07 PM

Noobish question, but what is the difference between SuperNet and Komodo?

Are they linked to eachother somehow, do I need to own both if I want to invest myself in the project?
You can own both.Supernet have their own company asset and Komodo is the product
hansen.ng

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:42:52 PM

KMD making some nice price gains.  Around 0.0015 now Smiley
Someone suppressing price down and this looks like very long period of accumulation. You just don't need to be super smart to see what is going here. Better buy at those prices and wait for the big jump..My predictions are very closely 100k.
100k will be the minimum, it will be at least the level of PIVX. 31 BTC buy wall at .00014926

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:49:44 AM

When is the new wallet with no bugs being released. Still doesn't work on my windows 7 64 bit system which it should

Just keep closing the wallet and opening again until it works, it worked for me  Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's stuck at the `loading daemon'

You had this issue?

what wallet you have? Iguana or Agama? I stopped using iguana and downloaded the new one which is agama. And yeah it had the same problem with me. I killed all processes related to Agama in the activity monitor in my mac and restarted the wallet until it got in.

How long did you wait at the "starting iguana daemon" screen before you restarted

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 02:11:34 AM

Hi, I was just wondering what DopW is and how does it work ?

Hello!

Very simply: it is an additional consensus layer that can be built on top of any existing consensus. For example, Komodo built its dPoW consensus on top of the Zcash equihash PoW mining and attached to Bitcoin blockchain. The benefit of this is that Komodo is also secured by Bitcoin's hashrate.

A very simple illustration:
 first KMD confirmation, a transaction is secured by Komodo's hashrate
 first BTC confirmation, a transaction is secured by Bitcoin's hashrate

Any other blockchain can use dPoW too. For example, Komodo USD also built a dPoW protection layer on top of its blockchain, and it has attached itself to Komodo blockchain. Similarly even a PoS coin could adopt the dPoW layer and attach itself to Komodo. Through the KMD they too will get the Bitcoin level protection.

All in all, it's a blockchain security layer for blockchains. With it no bigger chain can conduct an attack against a weaker chain.

hi - quick question - I am an old time holder of the Supernet/Unity asset - with the Komodo rollout, I am a little confused of the relationship between the two - is Unity still part of the equation?  Is it still worth something?  If so, if someone can explain why/how that would be extremely helpful.  Thanks in advance and apologies for the cluelessness.

Hello! Here's the difference in a nutshell:

- SuperNET aka UNITY (like the stock of the SuperNET organization, not a coin or money, the asset won't have any utility like a coin does)
 - Komodo (KMD) (money and SuperNET platform infrastructure coin. It will be used by many Apps/DAPPs SuperNET is building on top of it platform)

.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:14:09 AM

How come when loading Agama desktop , it always got stock at CEAL ? It coudn't finish loading eventually it hanged.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
xiyuyoufeng

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:50:45 AM

kmd have any news recently? it seem has a big opportunity to make big things happen.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 06:27:22 AM

kmd have any news recently? it seem has a big opportunity to make big things happen.

The biggest news that most likely went unnoticed by most was the roadmap upgrade: Komodo Platform will have smart contracts.

Last week we have an open investor meeting about it in our Slack. We are now planning it, and asking for feedback. We will be speaking more about this in the future.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:48:57 AM

Yes it's very long accumulation, strange?!

KMD has 100 btc volume of trade for days, it is right time to go at POLO, i don't understand them what they are waiting for? When you see coin on Trex then you can be sure that is secure. This way they only loosing their money - poor menagment.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1764
Merit: 597

The Martian Child

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:21:51 AM

Yes it's very long accumulation, strange?!

KMD has 100 btc volume of trade for days, it is right time to go at POLO, i don't understand them what they are waiting for? When you see coin on Trex then you can be sure that is secure. This way they only loosing their money - poor menagment.

I think polo will not list komodo at least until the delisting of btcd? Btcd is dead so they should delist and replace it with komodo. Swap is still good for one year though so we might wait until next year.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:41:42 AM

Question...
I swapped some BTCD to KMD but I'm stuck transfering them to my exchange wallet.
I go to the tab "Payout" --> Request payout --> skip step 1 because I'm sending to an external address
In the next screen I see my total KMD balance and a checkbox "confirm" but no field to enter my wallet address.
Is there maybe something wrong with the front-end of the website?

Regards

Goldmaxx

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 11:52:33 AM

Question...
I swapped some BTCD to KMD but I'm stuck transfering them to my exchange wallet.
I go to the tab "Payout" --> Request payout --> skip step 1 because I'm sending to an external address
In the next screen I see my total KMD balance and a checkbox "confirm" but no field to enter my wallet address.

Regards

Goldmaxx

You will have to change the KMD address first where you are sending, and then go to the 'PAYOUT' tab. There are step by step instructions in the OP:

How to send your KMD to an exchange

- go to 'home' tab
- click 'use exsisting KMD address'
- input the deposit KMD address you got from an exchange
- Now that you have the correct KMD address you can proceed to the 'payout' tab
- Since you are using a 3rd party address you don't have the seed, and thus you will click 'skip'
- Follow instructions and confirm the withdrawal

Warning: make sure you are doing the withdrawal to a correct address! Once we send out the KMD there is no way to retrieve it.

Note that the payouts are processed manually and next one will happen in ~2 weeks.

altcoinnxt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:41:10 PM

Question...

Regards

Goldmaxx
is any handbook of the swap?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 01:24:20 PM

Question...

Regards

Goldmaxx
is any handbook of the swap?

Yes,
1) follow the instructions in the SWAP tab to make the swap
2) follow the instructions in the OP of this tread to make a withdrawal (payout)

Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: