Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:47:35 PM

makes me wish i bought more

Me too! I guess hindsight is 20/20 though. Crazy pump going on now. It will be interesting to see if it can be sustained or not.

Now that I have a little bit more understanding of how the DEX works, I am not really that bullish on this project anymore. The way I understand it, it requires everyone to download the full blockchain of each coin they want to trade. How inconvenient... If that stays a requirement, then I'm not sure how big this can get (as far as volume/liquidity on the exchange).

The hardest part about DEXs is getting volume and liquidity on them. Up-thread there is mention of not wanting to go the multisig route with oracles hosting the wallets, because it is not fully decentralized. Although I agree it is not fully decentralized, I think for a DEX to work you need to compromise as far as decentralization and ease of use. I still think this project has some room for growth, but I don't know about its near term viability. It could be a decade before any decent volume is being transacted.

Bitshares, InstaDEX, Supernet, etc. have all struggled to gain decent liquidity/volume after garnering a huge amount of hype and a large market cap (all of those were as high as #2or #3 on market cap list at one point... well maybe not Supernet, but it was pretty high up there too). I kind of feel like this project is headed down the same path.

I will keep my Blocknet coins, because I want a DEX to succeed, but I hope the convenience of trading is addressed.

Food for thought.

Public perception is everything.

I'm not saying that the gui devs are doing a bad job, they are kicking ass in fact, however, maybe you need a few more to get stuff out a little sooner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moshen

Activity: 147
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:05:39 PM

Me too! I guess hindsight is 20/20 though. Crazy pump going on now. It will be interesting to see if it can be sustained or not.

Now that I have a little bit more understanding of how the DEX works, I am not really that bullish on this project anymore. The way I understand it, it requires everyone to download the full blockchain of each coin they want to trade. How inconvenient... If that stays a requirement, then I'm not sure how big this can get (as far as volume/liquidity on the exchange).

The hardest part about DEXs is getting volume and liquidity on them. Up-thread there is mention of not wanting to go the multisig route with oracles hosting the wallets, because it is not fully decentralized. Although I agree it is not fully decentralized, I think for a DEX to work you need to compromise as far as decentralization and ease of use. I still think this project has some room for growth, but I don't know about its near term viability. It could be a decade before any decent volume is being transacted.

Bitshares, InstaDEX, Supernet, etc. have all struggled to gain decent liquidity/volume after garnering a huge amount of hype and a large market cap (all of those were as high as #2or #3 on market cap list at one point... well maybe not Supernet, but it was pretty high up there too). I kind of feel like this project is headed down the same path.

I will keep my Blocknet coins, because I want a DEX to succeed, but I hope the convenience of trading is addressed.

Food for thought.

I'm not saying that the gui devs are doing a bad job, they are kicking ass in fact, however, maybe you need a few more to get stuff out a little sooner.

There are not many people interested in seeing GUI coming out. Those who need it will compile it themselves, will take a couple of hours. If you are interested in utility that Komodo provides, you will eventually figure out how to take advantage of it without diving too deep into technical stuff. We all saw it coming a mile away and took an appropriate action.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:09:12 PM

Food for thought.

There are not many people interested in seeing GUI coming out. Those who need it will compile it themselves, will take a couple of hours. If you are interested in utility that Komodo provides, you will eventually figure out how to take advantage of it without diving too deep into technical stuff. We all saw it coming a mile away and took an appropriate action.

A easy install GUI wallet is essential for mass adaption. As for the GUI team it looks like a case of  "Ambition outweighing Ability"  and we are now witnessing talk of smart contracts, and other complex additives

This project has been running for "8 months" and people are still complaining about wallet problems. Supernet still using NXT wallet this has become a comedy of errors, still I suppose we all need a laugh now and then.

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
welsonlee

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:09:55 AM

komodo smart contract their own independent development it? What is the difference between an etherum and an intelligent contract?
yes it is totally independent development.

Our approach is to build on top of existing infrastructure, so no custom new language, but any language that can create a compiled output.

This does allow a lot more flexibility and computing resources to implement things, so complex things like decentralized poker can be created. pangea will be a reference dapp, smart chain.

Of course, a lot more things can go wrong if to allow arbitrary executable code. But that is another reason for having loosely coupled assetchains. Whatever code is needed for a dapp would be put into its own chain. That way, only people who care about that dapp even runs that chain and this controls bloat in a significant way in addition to limiting any damage should a dapp smart chain go DAO (DOA).

Interaction with the ecosystem will be via DEX

There wouldnt be any limit to the number of smart chains, but practically speaking you would run out of system resources or eventually network ports at some point, so people will have to limit the smart chains they run to a few hundred at a time.

Also, with the number of nodes securing a specific smart chain possibly being small, it is important that there is a mechanism like dPoW to secure such otherwise weak chains.

Oh, jl777, since you did not complete the previous project, how can you ensure that komodo will always be developed? Please forgive me for direct
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:29:21 AM

komodo smart contract their own independent development it? What is the difference between an etherum and an intelligent contract?

Our approach is to build on top of existing infrastructure, so no custom new language, but any language that can create a compiled output.

This does allow a lot more flexibility and computing resources to implement things, so complex things like decentralized poker can be created. pangea will be a reference dapp, smart chain.

Of course, a lot more things can go wrong if to allow arbitrary executable code. But that is another reason for having loosely coupled assetchains. Whatever code is needed for a dapp would be put into its own chain. That way, only people who care about that dapp even runs that chain and this controls bloat in a significant way in addition to limiting any damage should a dapp smart chain go DAO (DOA).

There wouldnt be any limit to the number of smart chains, but practically speaking you would run out of system resources or eventually network ports at some point, so people will have to limit the smart chains they run to a few hundred at a time.

Also, with the number of nodes securing a specific smart chain possibly being small, it is important that there is a mechanism like dPoW to secure such otherwise weak chains.

Oh, jl777, since you did not complete the previous project, how can you ensure that komodo will always be developed? Please forgive me for direct

So, what previous project did he not complete? Please enlighten us.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 03:05:29 AM

There's just one project and he's been working on it for the whole time. It is an ecosystem where the various parts use the functionality of each other. For example, Komodo Currencies are built on top of Komodo Platform, but yet they require the DEX layer of SuperNET to function properly. Without the "past projects" a lot of the stuff we have now would not be possible.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:38:41 AM

I've a lot of trust in this coin. Great and experienced dev team, good coin and low price.
To the moon in a couple of weeks or months, that's for sure  Smiley

Where can I find the roadmap of KMD?

There is no exact roadmap. I'll try to summarize it quickly, but of course it is constantly moving a bit. This roadmap includes also SuperNET roadmap, which is very relevant for Komodo too.

1) DEX layer with liquidity provider nodes
 2) With working DEX we can continue testing the BTC anonymizing feature in Jumblr and finish it
 ---------- with these two in place the Agama will be pretty much fully functioning ----------
3) Komodo Currencies phase 2, which will allow us to scale their market capitalizations
4) Komodo Smart Contracts (this is the latest addition that we are now talking about, and planning)
5) Pangea poker backend (Pangea will party require Komodo Smart contract tech)

There's also a lot of GUI development to be done, manly for Agama, InstantDEX and Pangea

It's very hard to give any dates, and they would be very broad estimations. Thus we think it's better if we don't give any exact timeline, but our platform has been advancing with a very impressive speed lately! Really the most work was done in 2015/2016 when jl777 was coding Iguana Core.

In late 2016 we started with a Zcash fork and by now we have finished:
 - delayed proof of work consensus
 - we had elections and we got 62 notary nodes around the world giving protection
 - launched 50 assetchains each with their independent blockchains, those are are using dPoW
 - Satinder has made impressive progress with Agama (published just few months ago)
 - developend and launched Komodo Currencies (phase 1)
 - defeated a lot of blockchain attacks, which made Komodo a lot stronger
 - launched/developed KV-coin (key/value database), which is required by DEX
 - lot of enhancement to our backend performance, for example to Iguana Core

I might have missed something, not sure.

Hi Devs,
Any plans to hire some more programmers to speed up the progress and our developments?
Komodo have an impressive Roadmap, but with the slow progress and bugs we having now, someone is going to take our ideas and be the first to use it in their Bloackchain/Platform. Because this is an open project so others are free to use or copy our ideas.

I recommend to hire some more people, i mean we need a groups of Devs to handle each iOS, Linux & Windows GUI.
So we can speed up our GUI development & fixing the bugs, because curently we still have some people who having problems with Agama wallet on Windows version.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 07:22:56 AM

I've a lot of trust in this coin. Great and experienced dev team, good coin and low price.

There is no exact roadmap. I'll try to summarize it quickly, but of course it is constantly moving a bit. This roadmap includes also SuperNET roadmap, which is very relevant for Komodo too.

2) With working DEX we can continue testing the BTC anonymizing feature in Jumblr and finish it
 ---------- with these two in place the Agama will be pretty much fully functioning ----------
3) Komodo Currencies phase 2, which will allow us to scale their market capitalizations
4) Komodo Smart Contracts (this is the latest addition that we are now talking about, and planning)

There's also a lot of GUI development to be done, manly for Agama, InstantDEX and Pangea

It's very hard to give any dates, and they would be very broad estimations. Thus we think it's better if we don't give any exact timeline, but our platform has been advancing with a very impressive speed lately! Really the most work was done in 2015/2016 when jl777 was coding Iguana Core.

- we had elections and we got 62 notary nodes around the world giving protection
 - launched 50 assetchains each with their independent blockchains, those are are using dPoW
 - Satinder has made impressive progress with Agama (published just few months ago)

Hi Devs,
Any plans to hire some more programmers to speed up the progress and our developments?
Komodo have an impressive Roadmap, but with the slow progress and bugs we having now, someone is going to take our ideas and be the first to use it in their Bloackchain/Platform. Because this is an open project so others are free to use or copy our ideas.

I recommend to hire some more people, i mean we need a groups of Devs to handle each iOS, Linux & Windows GUI.
So we can speed up our GUI development & fixing the bugs, because curently we still have some people who having problems with Agama wallet on Windows version.

First of all, the GUI progress hasn't been slow considering the complexity of the application. The GUI has two coin daemons in it: komodod and Iguana Core. Getting Komodo GUI for windows and mac wasn't that easy either, as the Zcash team officially only supports Linux. All in all, there was a lot of things that had to be done and a lot of moving parts that add to the complexity. I'm not the right person to talk about it from a technical perspective though.

The GUI team has three persons in it: Satinder Grewal, ca333, and pbca26. The problem of hiring new GUI devs is the complexity part. A new guy cannot just jump in and start contributing. First, he has to educate himself about pretty much everything SuperNET has been developing. If the GUI dev doesn't have a blockchain background, then he also has to understand that aspect.

If the team were to hire another person, it would drain a lot of their resources to get him educated and up to speed so that he could make a contribution. The conclusion was that the fastest way to finish all the tasks is just to let them do their job. In fact, they have been doing a great job! (Agama is a native multi-coin wallet, there is nothing like it on the market elsewhere).

Satinder did say that after the GUI is working and the pieces are in right places, we can have another GUI team to take over. That team would turn the working product into a grandma-friendly product ready for mass market adoption.

That all being said, it has been acknowledged that the situation could change. It's not so much that we wouldn't like to hire more people, but who to hire? How do we find the guy?

For us to find a new GUI dev, the following has to happen. Someone would have to join our community and be interested in our product so much that he takes his free time to study and understand the product, then offer his help. Then we could hire him, and the GUI projects would finish faster.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 09:12:07 AM

Vote for Komodo!

There is a voting and Komodo is one of the candidates - if it wins it will enter monthly cryptocurrency ranks published by BitHub.pl.

We allow You to choose ten cryptocurrencies in this month. They will be added to the monthly rank and therefore enlarge it from top20 to top30 months` most popular cryptocurrencies.

Voting will last until 28th of April 2017 23:59:59 UTC + 01:00. Top 10 cryptocurrencies which gain the highest number of votes will win.

You can vote here:
http://bithub.pl/english/voting-for-new-cryptocurrencies-in-the-monthly-rank/

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:47:13 AM

Vote for Komodo!

There is a voting and Komodo is one of the candidates - if it wins it will enter monthly cryptocurrency ranks published by BitHub.pl.

We allow You to choose ten cryptocurrencies in this month. They will be added to the monthly rank and therefore enlarge it from top20 to top30 months` most popular cryptocurrencies.

Voting will last until 28th of April 2017 23:59:59 UTC + 01:00. Top 10 cryptocurrencies which gain the highest number of votes will win.

You can vote here:

My vote @KMD.
SYS and DCR have better support at the moment, but we can do it. This community must wake up and help in spreading some good vibes..
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:04:42 PM

Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

My vote @KMD.
SYS and DCR have better support at the moment, but we can do it. This community must wake up and help in spreading some good vibes..

KMD vote now at 57 votes (8%) compared with Decred 178 votes (26%) and SYS 262 votes (38%) - long way to go to catch up.

Get voting!
akasma

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:16:00 PM

Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

I want to join voting on this website but I don't know how to vote KMD coin? Please make a full guide to do it. Thanks.
tave

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:22:51 PM

Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

I want to join voting on this website but I don't know how to vote KMD coin? Please make a full guide to do it. Thanks.
just click on kmd button

R-J-F

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:15:16 PM

Hi Devs,

First of all, the GUI progress hasn't been slow considering the complexity of the application. The GUI has two coin daemons in it: komodod and Iguana Core. Getting Komodo GUI for windows and mac wasn't that easy either, as the Zcash team officially only supports Linux. All in all, there was a lot of things that had to be done and a lot of moving parts that add to the complexity. I'm not the right person to talk about it from a technical perspective though.

The GUI team has three persons in it: Satinder Grewal, ca333, and pbca26. The problem of hiring new GUI devs is the complexity part. A new guy cannot just jump in and start contributing. First, he has to educate himself about pretty much everything SuperNET has been developing. If the GUI dev doesn't have a blockchain background, then he also has to understand that aspect.

If the team were to hire another person, it would drain a lot of their resources to get him educated and up to speed so that he could make a contribution. The conclusion was that the fastest way to finish all the tasks is just to let them do their job. In fact, they have been doing a great job! (Agama is a native multi-coin wallet, there is nothing like it on the market elsewhere).

Satinder did say that after the GUI is working and the pieces are in right places, we can have another GUI team to take over. That team would turn the working product into a grandma-friendly product ready for mass market adoption.

That all being said, it has been acknowledged that the situation could change. It's not so much that we wouldn't like to hire more people, but who to hire? How do we find the guy?

For us to find a new GUI dev, the following has to happen. Someone would have to join our community and be interested in our product so much that he takes his free time to study and understand the product, then offer his help. Then we could hire him, and the GUI projects would finish faster.

You guys are doing fine, don't worry about what people outside the industry think, stay the course. Nothing great was ever built in a day including Rome...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:20:23 PM

Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

Go there by clicking the link above. On the page that opens, click where it says "Komodo (KMD)" That's all you have to do...

peggy2jj

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:17:34 PM

Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

Go there by clicking the link above. On the page that opens, click where it says "Komodo (KMD)" That's all you have to do...

Just voted KMD Smiley
LuboKMD

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:43:43 PM

This great project need to be listed on top with its potential!  Grin
Madmats

Activity: 124

Community Manager - WLC

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:05:16 PM

Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

Just voted KMD Smiley
You have my vote!! Smiley Keep up the great work guys!

TIME TRAVEL IN OUR LIFETIME   Follow Us:                                    
WLC On TWITTER      WLC SLACK   WLC ANN THREAD    Madmats On TWITTER
piratebenn

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:31:05 PM

Now topping the votes!   Kiss
Jiddu

Activity: 390

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:03:09 PM

Voted & never lost faith.
Keep it up Komodo Team!
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: