Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
Hypocalese
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:55:25 AM

Does anyone know how to address this issue with the KMD swing wallet?

BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:00:31 AM

Thanks James for answering all my questions so far!
When I got it right, Blocknet tries to achieve the same goal as Supernet and Komodo in a way. To bring the crypto currencies together and let them easily exchange decentralized. The project has had some major announcements over the last weeks. Do you think Blocknet is a serious competitor and if your answer is no, why?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0
sarakeyyy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:04:22 AM

The beauty of digital money trading is the uncertainty and wave of numbers. I wish you big and big
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:13:57 AM

When I got it right, Blocknet tries to achieve the same goal as Supernet and Komodo in a way. To bring the crypto currencies together and let them easily exchange decentralized. The project has had some major announcements over the last weeks. Do you think Blocknet is a serious competitor and if your answer is no, why?
I am not aware of blocknet doing more than atomic swaps. certainly it is an important thing, but just one of many things the komodo platform does (will do)

this space is so big, there is plenty of room for different solutions.

If just the DEX part of this is worth $100 mil marketcap, it seems that the recent price rise of KMD is just the beginning
sheld0n

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:21:45 AM

Less than five hours to go until the Komodo announcement will be released  Smiley I am very excited. I just bought some more Komodos for long term hodling.
I wanted to buy some Jumblr as well because I did not get much on the airdrop. Where can I buy some? I read BarterDex is an option, but I do not have the skills to do all the technical stuff to get it run.
ShibeDoge

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:54:49 AM

Hi there Komodo comunity!
Is anyone experiencing issues at opening agama wallet? mine shows this message:

Connecting to Basilisk Network...
Connection status... 4/8: EUR
Output: less than required responses

I tried several times but it seems like doesn't want to connect, any sugestions, please?
thanks!

https://support.supernet.org/support/solutions/articles/29000010576--connecting-to-basilisk-network-error-less-than-required-response-agama-wallet-support-agama-suppo

It was more easy. I cleaned cache and worked well for me!
thanks!
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:56:38 AM

Less than five hours to go until the Komodo announcement will be released  Smiley I am very excited. I just bought some more Komodos for long term hodling.
I wanted to buy some Jumblr as well because I did not get much on the airdrop. Where can I buy some? I read BarterDex is an option, but I do not have the skills to do all the technical stuff to get it run.

You can also buy it on NXT asset exchange. Asset id 17911762572811467637 nxtpricacy. Will be swapped to jumblr 1:1.

polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:17:53 PM

I don't think blocknet is a serious competitor due to how their lp system works , it requires 5k blocknet to be an lp node  this prices out many smaller traders from being lp and centralizes the system.  Not to mention that besides atomic swaps they don't bring anything else to the table.   Now it may be a decent Dex like system and there is room for competition but I don't think it's much competition for Komodo as a whole. Warning: I may be biased 😊

BitcoinOnFire

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:43:57 PM

I don't think blocknet is a serious competitor due to how their lp system works , it requires 5k blocknet to be an lp node  this prices out many smaller traders from being lp and centralizes the system.  Not to mention that besides atomic swaps they don't bring anything else to the table.   Now it may be a decent Dex like system and there is room for competition but I don't think it's much competition for Komodo as a whole. Warning: I may be biased 😊

I was watching Blocknet and XC team for 2 years. It seemed to me they have smaller team to work, and less vision overall. Their biggest mistake was they didn't build such greate team like Supernet. People are the biggest assets allways. The team got their initialy important token delisted from major exchanges and also the next one - Block was delisted on polo I tihnk.

Maybe Blocknet will eventually succeed, but seems the scale and overall vision is much smaller, and ready to use tech for sure smaller in every term then KMD.

PS
I think by this time KMD tech (including the wide range of applications) is one of the best, that could in price terms maybe compete even with ETH. Only a matter of marketing probably and time (+ some gui adjustments).
KMD is smart - steals the best anon tech that exist  from ZEC and the strongest transaction safety from BTC after all Smiley

I got some KMD but these price levels seem yet too low to sell.

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
throway123

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:13:01 PM

I've been a silent lurker for years (Back to Supernet ICO).

I just have a public comment for James and whoever wants to discuss this.

A lot of the planned functionality of Supernet has been migrated to Komodo, and I feel like Supernet holders are getting the shaft (I can't be the only one?) . Komodo is taking off. Komodo holders also got a JUMBLER drop. Komodo not only replaced BTCD but it also took the technical part of Supernet away- Correct me if I am wrong. And before you point out the obvious- Yes, I know what is good for Komodo is good for Supernet since Supernet will own many of it's Assetchains. And yes, Supernet is way up, but less so compared to almost every other crypto out there. These are all beside the point and I would really like to discuss this.

Part of the price suppression of Supernet is because it's still on NXT, but let's be honest, if it was worth more it would be trading for more. As far as I am concerned, Supernet is currently overpriced per it's ASSET holdings (at the bottom of http://old.supernet.org/nav.php) because the NAV means nothing if holders can't liquidate out at that price. Assets are currently worth about 3500 BTC, and the cap for Supernet is 6000 BTC.

Think about other ETFs. They trade at NAV roughly because you can liquidate at anytime. The market is not pricing Supernet at it's NAV, because it's in disagreement that it is a NAV at all.

And, to add fuel to the fire, Komodo has years of funds for development due to Supernet investors. Komodo is sucking away at the NAV. Yet, Komodo is getting the functionality promised for Supernet itself.  For example, I noticed 20 percent of IOTA is missing from the NAV now.

I hope this doesn't come across at disingenuous. Maybe I am confused.  
zzwensel11

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:52:43 PM

@CHMEX1 (I am not going to quote that long slack conversation a few posts before)  Wink

What is being discussed (asset chain) sounds a lot like waves, or am I missing something? In waves, it has been fairly easy to issue your own new token that is connected to the waves blockchain and also pay transaction fees in waves.

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
polycryptoblog

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:03:55 PM

A lot of the planned functionality of Supernet has been migrated to Komodo, and I feel like Supernet holders are getting the shaft (I can't be the only one?) . Komodo is taking off. Komodo holders also got a JUMBLER drop. Komodo not only replaced BTCD but it also took the technical part of Supernet away- Correct me if I am wrong. And before you point out the obvious- Yes, I know what is good for Komodo is good for Supernet since Supernet will own many of it's Assetchains. And yes, Supernet is way up, but less so compared to almost every other crypto out there. These are all beside the point and I would really like to discuss this.

Part of the price suppression of Supernet is because it's still on NXT, but let's be honest, if it was worth more it would be trading for more. As far as I am concerned, Supernet is currently overpriced per it's ASSET holdings (at the bottom of http://old.supernet.org/nav.php) because the NAV means nothing if holders can't liquidate out at that price. Assets are currently worth about 3500 BTC, and the cap for Supernet is 6000 BTC.

Think about other ETFs. They trade at NAV roughly because you can liquidate at anytime. The market is not pricing Supernet at it's NAV, because it's in disagreement that it is a NAV at all.

And, to add fuel to the fire, Komodo has years of funds for development due to Supernet investors. Komodo is sucking away at the NAV. Yet, Komodo is getting the functionality promised for Supernet itself.  For example, I noticed 20 percent of IOTA is missing from the NAV now.

Supernet holders will still receive pass through revshares just as promised.  There really isn't any change from that aspect.  Regarding NAV Supernet for as long as I remember has never trade at NAV. I speculate that this is due to being priced in altcoin and not in BTC .  Before poloniex  carried the btc/Supernet pair now that's gone Supernet asset will have to wait til barterdex to have large liquidity.

Originally Supernet's functionality would have been on nxt not sure why you think it's different being on Komodo
badchinanews

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:04:11 PM

China just killed btc (short term at least)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-08/bitcoin-crashes-massive-volume-china-plans-shut-local-exchanges

This puts barterDEX in the spotlight for the announcement, cheap coins!!
polycryptoblog

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:06:34 PM

@CHMEX1 (I am not going to quote that long slack conversation a few posts before)  Wink

What is being discussed (asset chain) sounds a lot like waves, or am I missing something? In waves, it has been fairly easy to issue your own new token that is connected to the waves blockchain and also pay transaction fees in waves.

Assetchain isn't a token it's its own blockchain that has its own coin in fact if you can figure out how to do it you could issue tokens from your own assetchain
jl777B

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:13:42 PM

dont worry, whether the functionality goes into BTCD or KMD it doesnt change supernet's position.

Also, we are not finished yet (I know it has been years, but I did say it is a marathon and would take time).

5Ti was sold for a combination of BTC and BCH, currently this is responsible for a reasonable gain as IOTA has dropped from where it was converted. Also I count about 11,000 BTC of altcoin NAV, not counting any assets into it.

As the largest SuperNET holder, I am well aware of its situation. I think I have done ok with both BTCD and KMD, when I am done activating SuperNET, I think you wont be upset.

Also, SuperNET has about $50 mil of reasonably liquid funds, KMD has much less. not sure how you think KMD is sucking away at SuperNET NAV.

Anyway, I know there is a liquidity issue, but to fix it I need to first get all the revenue producing assets producing revenues.

Thanks for your patience.
throway123

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:21:32 PM

dont worry, whether the functionality goes into BTCD or KMD it doesnt change supernet's position.

Also, we are not finished yet (I know it has been years, but I did say it is a marathon and would take time).

5Ti was sold for a combination of BTC and BCH, currently this is responsible for a reasonable gain as IOTA has dropped from where it was converted. Also I count about 11,000 BTC of altcoin NAV, not counting any assets into it.

As the largest SuperNET holder, I am well aware of its situation. I think I have done ok with both BTCD and KMD, when I am done activating SuperNET, I think you wont be upset.

Also, SuperNET has about $50 mil of reasonably liquid funds, KMD has much less. not sure how you think KMD is sucking away at SuperNET NAV.

Anyway, I know there is a liquidity issue, but to fix it I need to first get all the revenue producing assets producing revenues.

Thanks for response. I was under the impression KMD development (marketing/GUI) was funded through Supernet NAV, that's why I said that.
jl777B

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:30:02 PM

Thanks for response. I was under the impression KMD development (marketing/GUI) was funded through Supernet NAV, that's why I said that.
Not sure if you noticed SuperNET NAV (whether you agree with it or not) has increased from $3 to $30 to $90

If KMD was using up all the funds, it really couldnt be doing this.

KMD did an ICO and raised enough funds for the minimum scenario of funding notary nodes. However until recently we didnt have enough funds to expand staffing significantly or to be attending trade shows.

However getting 30x ROI on ICO has help KMD pay for its own expenses
badchinanews

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:48:45 PM

http://streaming.radio.co/sc5508127c/listen

listen live
worldvaleur

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:51:16 PM

A link please fast to the live announcements?HuhHuh
Thank you
badchinanews

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:55:37 PM

https://komodoplatform.com

watch live
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: