Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:53:45 PM

What does BarterDEX decentralized exchange offer that EtherDelta, BitShare, Omisego, Blocknet, Binance decentralized exchanges don't?
only blocknet also does native coin swaps
but none of them are integrated with JUMBLR
I also dont think any have liquidity multiplier

How does liquidity multiplier feature increase the demand for komodo?

The DEX collects fees from the client side which end up getting sold for komodo and given out as revshares.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:04:24 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 09:56:22 PM by veneg

Quotes of Bruce Fenton tweets:
"10/ it's sort of a Napster move by the Chinese govt: it will accelerate the bit torrent of Bitcoin exchange -  & strengthen black market"  
"8/ result will be a quick period of a rising black market in China followed by more decentralized exchanges, global growth & tech solutions"

Favorable winds for BarterDEX,long life Komodo! Kiss Kiss
Karto

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:29:45 PM

I Did not understand
what will be the diffrence between KMD and ETH ico's?
okie dokie

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:48:01 PM

I Did not understand

Let me take a crack at this one.

ETH ico tokens are for ever attached to ETH. If ETH chain gets bogged down or goes haywire, so does the ico token. Also due to the nature of the way these tokens are exchanged, through centralized exchanges, this presents an attack vector from the nanny state declaring your tokens illegal.

KMD ico tokens, are their own chain, and come as secure as Bitcoin. They easily can live in the KMD ecosystem or they can go live a life outside of this ecosystem. The KMD ecosystem includes a decentralized exchange. This eliminates said attack vector above. The jumblr method can also be applied as a furthur way to help protect your privacy.

Hope that helps
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:49:12 PM

I Did not understand

Functionality wise they are similar but KMD has scalability, coinmixer and a dICO . But ethereum has made its foothold and enjoys a lot of DAOs . Until a fully functional Supernet is still within striking distance, Ethereum continue to dominate.
ka82

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:29:56 AM

What does BarterDEX decentralized exchange offer that EtherDelta, BitShare, Omisego, Blocknet, Binance decentralized exchanges don't?

it makes it more useful, presumably that will increase the demand. Maybe more useful things have no extra demand, but I am working under the assumption that the more useful something is, the more it will be used

Actually EtherDelta seems to have liquidity multiplier too. Just ordered few trades that costs more that what I have in my wallet, and looks like it executes whatever meet the ask/bid the first, but I may be wrong

What's so special about liquidity multiplier? It looks to me as a simple if/then statement cause we're not using more capital than we have in our wallets!
dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:42:28 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 10:47:32 AM by dollux

POP, goes the bubble.
ka82

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:57:13 AM

POP, goes the bubble.

is this another BIG announcement?

dollux

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:59:44 AM

POP, goes the bubble.

[/quote]

Could be, what do you think?
ka82

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:10:54 AM

POP, goes the bubble.

Could be, what do you think?
[/quote]

after that lousy and childish announcement/count-down I don't think we should advertise for anything further at the moment.
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:48:34 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 04:20:53 AM by awill333

as a preface, to my next message, which hopefully is a positive contribution, I would like to state that I've grown a bit bored criticizing some of the lame posts that I see, and realize it does no good except to encourage the continuous battering of haters. I am even receiving PM's now, which by the way I don't read when they are not from friends. I will state that the reason for my sometimes harsh and perhaps even unreasonable responses to some of this drivel is frustration that people are so concerned with complaining about every trivial nuance that they possibly can regarding komodo. instead of acknowledging the potential of such an amazing project and productive collaboration, those would prefer to criticize when the fact is they haven't done a damn thing to move any of this forward and they are complaining to the people who I am sure have their plates full that they are not doing enough. This is a laughable perspective regardless of how much funds you have already doubled tripled ten times as a result of *THEIR* efforts, those who are being complained at. Anyway, who cares, I am choosing to not respond to that crap because I realize it just feeds the deranged inspiration to continue to complain.

So, while I will not apologize for my statements, I do stand behind them. I would like to say to those who I have offended, that I really don't care what you think! That said and moving right along, I will do my best to set an example when I do post, of something more creative and community minded as I would like to contribute what I can do this project and see it move forward. My suggestion to anyone that really thinks they have a right to complain about anything, is to check the job board on supernet and do something for the team. This is a big project as is obvious and we can't expect it to move at any rate comparable to any other project. why? because it is not any other project, it is revolutionary and groundbreaking. So of course many would feel a threat from this, but why not work together and achieve the common goal? if we do actually have a common goal. it seems doubtful, so then I would encourage anyone who does share the goal of financial liberation and blockchain integration into mainstream society to work together (instead of listen to complainers or become discouraged when the price falls just a bit, have some faith) Wink
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:20:06 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 06:05:31 AM by awill333

I've been trying to build a barterdex machine. I purchased off of craigslist a used desktop, i7 8g ram for ~$200
Ubuntu 16 was extremely easy to install (via ubuntu's instructions, I put it on a thumb drive then installed over that god awful windows os)

My goal is to recreate the kmd-litecoin swap as seen in the ptytrader video
litecoin was relatively easy to install via their website and I've been fumbling around with trying to get syscoin installed and fumbling with chips.
Of course as luck would have it, I just found this beauty
https://support.supernet.org/support/solutions/articles/29000014808-installation-script-for-various-coins

The Good
I followed this guide for kmd and barterdex
https://support.supernet.org/support/solutions/articles/29000014810-barterdex-linux-installation-guide-komodo-btc

Following the instructions,  
I got komodo to install and sync correctly I believe. (blocks and longest chain match)
I then copy pasted the rest of the instructions from the above install link down to where it says to bitcoin. (I have no interest at the moment of downloading that beast)

At this point, I think the barterdex is running, I'm not sure how to check if I did it correctly. I'm also not sure what to do next/ how to use it. I don't really even know how to start or stop it. I just left it running.
[I was also just focusing on installing the barterdex in this step, kmd was not running, so not sure if it needed to be running for install)

The Bad
I also noticed that the install guide for barterdex (link above) was not entirely as accurate as the https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Installing-Komodo-Manually

Note (I'm not a linux wizard) but I had to figure out how to install from root (ubuntu 16 doesn't allow easy root access)
The beginning line for the dex install says '# as root'. I googled this and came up with (sudo -i)

The other question I had about the install was the switching to barterdex user at the end of that section. When installing the marketmaker section, this is installed under the barterdex user. I assume this is correct? It also appears these instructions will install bitcoin (which i didn't do) under the barterdex user. Should I be installing all coins including kmd with barterdex user?

The Ugly
I see that there is no swing wallet for the linux kmd. If I so choose to use a gui, can I launch command line kmd then launch agama into native mode?

https://github.com/SuperNETorg/dexuglygui

From the instructions it appears to only swap exactly 100kmd for bitcoin? Although from one of the videos it shows otherwise I think, old instructions?.

Obviously, I am a little lost at this point in time. There is a supernet forum, a wiki page, this support page (linked above) that comes from supernet.org, the reddit page, bitcointalk page, the slack page, the github page, videos on youtube, and the komodo platform page.

The most helpful has been the support.supernet.org. But it kinda seems like info is all over the place and I'm really having to do some digging.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _--
So TLDR.
I want to recreate the litecoin-kmd swap.

I believe that I have installed litecoin and kmd successfully (although I did just find that gem of a doc 'installation-script-for-various-coins', though haven't tried it yet)

1. I'm not sure If I installed barterdex correctly or how to use it, start it, etc.
2. I am also interested in trying the various gui. How do they work with the command line installs I have done? ie: start komodo then start agama? or start kmd and start litecoin then start uglygui?
3. I am interested in also trying to do a litecoin to syscoin swap. Can we get more guides? Can we get a video of a non-kmd coin to another non-kmd coin?

Thanks

hi, as a disclaimer, I am no expert with any of these tools are barely starting to get to the point of functional use. I haven't done my first atomic swap yet but I did setup most of it and it appears to be working. also on ubuntu. I am going to work on it a bit tonight and see if I can get a swap done with the GUI. some of what I post may very well be inaccurate and I hope to be corrected if so. from what I have seen there have been a couple tiers of instructions posted and they are not all exactly the same. the system has been evolving and it seems to have been geared more towards power users and is bit by bit moving towards greater ease for typical users. still it seems there is much work to be done for a simple and straight forward approach for the layman.

other than the ubuntu knowledge that i have accumulated from years of interacting with that OS, it seems we are in a similar place installing the barterdex. perhaps we can work together to achieve this. also i saw the question about the .iso disk as an prepackaged unit and this seems like a great plan. it may prove to be problematic though, but perhaps not. I have been mulling over the potential of this working and perhaps I will put an effort into design (as a community donation) if it seems feasible/possible. ubuntu likes to configure itself for the particular system upon installation installing the various drivers for that machine. however, with the .iso that they do provide perhaps it is possible? because the .iso allows a "try ubuntu" mode and it seems this is a fine generic config that works on all machines. perhaps we can integrate the barterdex and marketmaker as you suggest. this would be the 'magic bullet' for easy success installation of most users.

--> "The beginning line for the dex install says '# as root'. I googled this and came up with (sudo -i)"
just for an easy reference anything that installs 'as root' (which is typical to much installations done on ubuntu) can be called as the command is stated simply with a "sudo" in front of it. also if you would like a full command shell as root just type "sudo bash". when you type "exit" it returns to your 'user' account. be careful if you are using superuser command shell, not to erase of damage files inadvertently.

--> "At this point, I think the barterdex is running, I'm not sure how to check if I did it correctly. I'm also not sure what to do next/ how to use it. I don't really even know how to start or stop it. I just left it running."
a very helpful tool with ubuntu can be called typiing 'monitor' into the gui with the superkey (press the 'windows' button then type 'monitor' in the field) . this will load a process monitor from which 'komodod' and allies can be searched. it will also give you a hint into what is going on sometimes things appear to be stalled but when viewing through the process monitor you can see the cpu being used and know the system is not hung, just crunching math. Wink from here you can kill a process if need be. also this page is helpful: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Useful-commands-KNN .. in reference to the quote this command is particularly helpful from the command line: komodo-cli stop && bitcoin-cli stop && pkill -15 iguana
then you don't need to load process monitor to achieve the same result. I do enjoy the process monitor though it's a nice lens into whats going on.

--> "I see that there is no swing wallet for the linux kmd. If I so choose to use a gui, can I launch command line kmd then launch agama into native mode?"
there actually is a swing wallet that works great with ubuntu. and provided you don't need access to the assets or jumblr, etc, this wallet is great for t- and z- kmd transactions. it runs komodod and connects to the wallet.dat giving access to all privkeys, etc: https://github.com/ca333/komodoGUI    .. the installation is perhaps a bit tricky because it requires java runtime environment to be installed on ubuntu. i installed this a few months ago but I remember it was a bit glitchy getting the java set right as the environment needs to be specified to linux and the proper version of java i think was a bit problematic. however, I believe that installation with apt-get (from ubuntu repositories) _should_ put the right situation there are perhaps config the path as is required. although it was a bit glitchy to install the java as I recall, it could just be because of my initial approach. I do like this wallet though because it is simple and it functions very well on ubuntu. i saw some complaints on windows but I dont mess with that system at all, so I don't notice anything that is an issue with that one. It works in native mode and for me it was best to run Agama in native mode also. the agama basilisk mode was working but appears to sometimes require the cache to be reset and does not provide the privkeys for all the addresses in the wallet, so that was an issue for me. Agama in native mode worked great and gives all privkeys, etc because it's using the same wallet.dat the swing wallet does and komodod.

further, the komodo-cli works just fine and great! and is perhaps the simplest approach if not intimidated by command line function in linux. what matters is that you have your privkeys,.. theres a list of commands floating around for komodo-cli as the komodo-cli --help does not present the same list, it may be useful if you are going that route.

--> "Also how does the uglygui fit it? Should I ignore this or should I install this?"
like I said, I am no expert with these tools. Still figuring out how they all work together. but I have been playing with barterdex since it was in more advanced mode and achieved some functionality from the command line as all of the tools and scripts are present when downloaded. I think you have the same download instructions already linked without double checking.. those should have given you the marketmaker, iguana, and the supernet folder with those and the scripts, etc. these can all be used independently of uglygui as that's just a gui shell for all of the goodies that are included in the actual toolkit. when I first was checking this out I was following instructions for an LP node, just to setup as a client, and all seemed to be working great from the command line. It was a bit tricky for me because I had adjusted the default port settings in komodo.conf for other purpose and this breaks marketmaker's communication with the komodod.. without the uglygui I did get everything going I just didnt successfully execute a trade, however I did activate the coins and was able to view the 'orderbook', etc. So the gui is not necessary but it would likely simplify the equation for most users. I am going to do some tinkering with that now and check it out Wink

-> "The other question I had about the install was the switching to barterdex user at the end of that section. When installing the marketmaker section, this is installed under the barterdex user. I assume this is correct? It also appears these instructions will install bitcoin (which i didn't do) under the barterdex user. Should I be installing all coins including kmd with barterdex user?"
this part was interesting also, when I did the Lp setup I just used the same user but perhaps using a specific user to barterdex grants needed privs and securities (?) I just started with the new install instructions and got so far as creating the user installing the tools again.. to answer your question though it seems to make good sense that any coins you are using are installed into that users account otherwise the tools may have permission problems when attempting to access the blockchains .. So I would assume to install and run everything under the same user.

edit: actually I think I am wrong here as the komodod and bitcoind are communicating through rpc calls not the user accounts.. my blockchains are already synced with a different user account that 'owns' them so now I am trying to I guess change permissions so the other user can read the blockchains then run the komodod and bitcoind with the barterdex user.. this should work, will right back

as for your final three questions, I am not fit to answer them yet but perhaps by tomorrow. I will run some tests and finish my install and try to get a swap done.. and when I have some data if it is not yet presented yet (the answers) then I will write again.

edit: re-indexing the whole bitcoin blockchain, again haha looks like I won't be doing a swap until tomorrow.. Also I like the idea of using litecoin for swaps right now it makes more sense considering the market!! so I am building litecoin and loading that chain tonight. will try a kmd->ltc swap tomorrow.. ; )
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:37:18 AM

@ka82 you should be aware that most projects take at least 18 months to sort out wallet issues, so things are on track here. Just sit back and enjoy the Fanboy floor show raving about how much Kmd is going to be

worth and how this is bigger than Ben-Hur.

Cheers Jon  Wink

Bender fan?

Big Time......Byte my shiny metal ass!!

Cheers Jon  Grin

got one word for you buddy: pathetic.

your intentions are obvious I am sure the people you work for are scared for the better coin to win. oh so obvious. nothing but a unintelligible shitstream of spew from your posts. it's about time somebody called you out directly. maybe you can post with your fake accounts instead.

"cheers"
@awill333  I just love being called out by a Fanboy with so few posts. I work for myself I'm 58yrs old and have enough life experience to call it as I see it. I've been involved

in many of jl777 projects as an investor over the last 3yrs........the song remains the same, invest in this great idea, before that project is complete there is another project.

Someone or something lets the project down e.g http://www.jl777.org/ has been abandoned: Supernet got left behind because NEXT changed direction: Komodo website

down for months because the sites Dev's fucked off with the keys. Pangea has been in development since November 2014. And  the classic "I'm just a simple c programmer

and can't do GUI"

So please forgive me If I don't invest in Komodo. I just keep an eye on this thread hoping that there will be a wallet update that allows me to bring all of the Jl777 assets etc

that I already own into one place for the purpose of liquidation.

Cheers Jon   Wink

Edit: I do not intend to insult James. I do not doubt his honesty ...I just think too many good ideas not enough time to finish them

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:35:42 AM

@ka82 you should be aware that most projects take at least 18 months to sort out wallet issues, so things are on track here. Just sit back and enjoy the Fanboy floor show raving about how much Kmd is going to be

Cheers Jon  Wink

Bender fan?

Cheers Jon  Grin

your intentions are obvious I am sure the people you work for are scared for the better coin to win. oh so obvious. nothing but a unintelligible shitstream of spew from your posts. it's about time somebody called you out directly. maybe you can post with your fake accounts instead.

"cheers"
@awill333  I just love being called out by a Fanboy with so few posts. I work for myself I'm 58yrs old and have enough life experience to call it as I see it. I've been involved

in many of jl777 projects as an investor over the last 3yrs........the song remains the same, invest in this great idea, before that project is complete there is another project.

Someone or something lets the project down e.g http://www.jl777.org/ has been abandoned: Supernet got left behind because NEXT changed direction: Komodo website

down for months because the sites Dev's fucked off with the keys. Pangea has been in development since November 2014. And  the classic "I'm just a simple c programmer

and can't do GUI"

So please forgive me If I don't invest in Komodo. I just keep an eye on this thread hoping that there will be a wallet update that allows me to bring all of the Jl777 assets etc

Cheers Jon   Wink

Edit: I do not intend to insult James. I do not doubt his honesty ...I just think too many good ideas not enough time to finish them

I've been following from the early days too, yet here we stand, with a working Jumblr, BarterDex, basilisk etc. Seriously, the groundwork has finally been established. Strange that you can't recognize how close the project is.
Franticcrypto

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:29:15 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Bender fan?

Cheers Jon  Grin

"cheers"

and can't do GUI"

Cheers Jon   Wink

I've been following from the early days too, yet here we stand, with a working Jumblr, BarterDex, basilisk etc. Seriously, the groundwork has finally been established. Strange that you can't recognize how close the project is.

Let's not forget the close partnership with monaize, which gives a lot of credibility to everything they have achieved.
When during the following months the first dICO's start taking place and the asian markets take note of its potential it should reflect on KMD's price as well.
dollux

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:45:15 AM

Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin said in statements:

"Cooperation between Ethereum and VEB gives a unique opportunity to engage in research and development on the use of blockchain technology for public administration and accelerate the adaptation of this technology to government organizations in the Russian Federation,"

The official partnership signing took place at a blockchain event in Tatarstan this weekend called "Blockchain: The New Oil of Russia." Senior officials from VEB are in attendance, as well as Buterin, who spoke at the event.https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-foundation-strikes-deal-russian-development-bank/

Compare and contrast.

Monaize, a Fintech institution, will launch the first dICO using the Komodo Platform's technology. In the upcoming weeks the Monaize team will release more information on the features of their token and how they will leverage the technology to facilitate blockchain services for the masses. https://www.monaize.com/

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@krakoise/in-the-midst-of-chinese-regulations-komodo-platform-offers-a-solution#comments

Do I want to "accelerate the adaptation of this technology to government organizations in the Russian Federation" or do I want to help provide much needed finance to small and medium businesses in the UK, France and Europe, putting life into struggling economy's?

For me that is the question.   
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:46:48 AM

Komodo announces 5 major developements underway:
  • decentralized ICOs
    monaize
    atomic swaps
    bitcoin tumbler
    scalability solution

Additionally, the Komodo Platform announced a new release for their multi-coin wallet Agama is around the corner.

More info: https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/09/13/blockchain-platform-komodo-introduces-decentralized-icos-major-developments-underway/
ka82

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:50:18 PM

it makes it more useful, presumably that will increase the demand. Maybe more useful things have no extra demand, but I am working under the assumption that the more useful something is, the more it will be used

Actually EtherDelta seems to have liquidity multiplier too. Just ordered few trades that costs more that what I have in my wallet, and looks like it executes whatever meet the ask/bid the first, but I may be wrong

What's so special about liquidity multiplier? It looks to me as a simple if/then statement cause we're not using more capital than we have in our wallets!

Any comment on this?
okie dokie

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:26:44 PM

This quote is refering to the competitive advantage the swiss have held in their banking system due to their secrecy.

The Swiss secrecy was because Hitler made it illegal to have money outside of Germany. Today, the Swiss have given up everything that made it a safe haven. Fund managers are leaving for Singapore because the Swiss have adopted EU regulations. There is no longer an advantage to a Swiss account and they have given up everyone from Americans to Germans and Italians. Swiss secrecy is over. That ends the Swiss Comparative Advantage of David Ricardo.

Now compare this to komodo and the current political climate of the world. Komodo is set to become the new Switzerland of banking secrecy. Komodo is set to become a safe haven for digital assets.
okie dokie

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:35:24 PM

Any comment on this?

The objective of EtherDelta is to allow anyone to trade Ethereum-based tokens

The project is mainly advertised as a decentralized Ethereum token exchange, so it will be difficult to find any Bitcoin-related market using the protocol

Etherdelta trades apples for apples

Barterdex trades oranges for pineapples or pears or bananas or .......

Hope that helps

Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: