Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 669 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹  (Read 781261 times)
menace.bit

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Generation Blockchain.

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 02:55:56 PM

Looks interesting. And lots of bonuses. Let's see that there won't be huge dumps because of the huge bonuses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thrice.Pi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:28:41 PM

Why lisk grants 120% bonus?
It is a joint project of the developer?

Hey! We are granting 120% bonus because we see Lisk as a long term hedge. It is a good investment for us we feel in the long run. We would like to perhaps partner with Lisk in the future if possible. It is to early at this time to see how that aspect will pan out. We are not against the idea though.
Axente

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 04:28:34 PM

Having spent a fair amount of time with all the promotional materials, I find myself with a few questions.

1. What is the value proposition of the ARK platform?  What has been sighted in the materials seem to be high level (a community, a token and a bridge).  How is ARK different and why should I care?
2. The Use cases you have outlined seem to be a "brainstorming dump" and are all over the map. Do you have any market driven analysis that suggests you can dominate any market segment?
3. What will the organizational structure be? Foundation + For Profit entity? What is the thinking here?
4. The team that has been identified are quite diverse but there is a lack of biographical detail that is relevant to the ARK project. How do you assure successful delivery of the ARK platform with a product that generates revenue.

@meeekz 1. The initial goal of Ark is a stable core with the added improvements of Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT) to eliminated forks by pre-approval of blocks prior to their addition to the blockchain, forging from uncles to reduce network latency and block time, and a voting system which reduces centralization by eliminating the use of the same voting weight from an account being used to vote for multiple delegates without dilution. Voting for multiple delegates divides the vote by the same fraction as the number of delegates voted for. The second goal to be achieved is SmartBridge, increasing consumer adoption of all meaningful alts and enabling new tokens to be created on their own bockchains for many different niche applications.

2. The use cases are "all over the map" because, as you mentioned, our team being diverse, the listed ideas are example use cases we could develop ourselves, but may also be developed by partners dand connected to with Ark via Smartbridge. So cases are "all over the map" because there is no limit to them. See, for example, Ethereum - their smart contracts also have a wide spectrum of use cases from esports tokens to hedge funds.

3. We are still in discussion for legal entity and domicile,  primarily focused on a Swiss Foundation like that used by Ethereum, Wings, planned by Lisk). The for structure and need for profit entities is determined by the regulations concerning how much of the funding may be used for non-profit development of the core platform, and how much is used for for-profit specific use applications. We are currently approved as partner of a well known company for maintaining a portfolio and making payments for services. More details on this will be revealed after the documentation is complete and the accounts are set up.

4. Unlike some projects which are launched as just an idea with a lot of marketing, Ark already has a developer team with blockchain experience in place, along with additional experienced front end developers and server/network infrastructure professionals. This team was formed from a group maintaining test net and main net delegates for Lisk, and some who maintained delegates for Crypti as well. During the course of the delegate effort, team members created specialized tools to streamline delegate operation, along with public facing utilities including faucets, alternate, robust Lisk online wallets during the initial launch for when the official Lisk sites were overloaded with DDoS attacks, delegate monitors, voting scripts, and a lite desktop wallet. With its delegate experience on Lisk and Crypti, the Ark team has easily the most experience with blockchain based voting systems of any group in the crypto industry. Concerning revenue generation from Ark, this is a usage token exchange, so we do not want to make any forward looking statements regarding expected price moves and valuation of the tokens. The received funds will be diversified into different asset classes and managed by a professional investment fund manager to maintain a reserve and generate income to fund the project on an ongoing basis. The Ark Project will not be relying on revenue from Ark token usage to fund development work.

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 04:39:24 PM

I also have the same question. Why Lisk has 120% bonus and BTC only 30%? Any cooperation going on with Lisk or just want to accumulate Lisk?

Lisk price is low at the moment so better buy now. Though Lisk price will climb up soon.

And too high bonus will be susceptible to dumps when this hits exchanges.

There is no cooperation at this moment with Lisk. We are offering 120% in the first 24 hours for lisk because we believe in it and so, there is not going to be a dump after the Token Exchange Campaign.

I think most of the developers also are Lisk developers. I think I read something about that in the whitepaper.
And the first bridges will be to Lisk, Ethereum and Bitcoin.

Yes, One of our devs is a Ex-Lisk Dev ALSO we have 2 of the original founding Crypti member, the literal code Lisk ripped off for their ICO.

It's pretty ridiculous for everyone to always try and say they are the next "Blah" replace blah with Uber, AirBNB, Ethereum, Bitcoin, whatever. 

If you are paying attention and reading, Every one of our use cases though varied, tie in together.  NFC Hardware with Magstripe readers?  They go hand and hand with our posa cards.  what do posa cards go with? they go with the video game industry.

What do video gamers do to make money?  They live stream.   What do Millennials want to do as jobs now? Broadcast themselves.
cannabanana

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 04:43:52 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 05:24:31 PM by cannabanana

I'm all ears. I also wanted to know how ARK will successfully be implementing their visions for mass adoption.
Having to explain this will boost users and investors trust to the project.

Our plan is to do things differently than everyone else.  Once we are done here, we won't be advertising to "crypto" people, we will design all our advertisements for targeted audiences based on the industries we choose.

Someone asked earlier what we will do to dominate certain industries,  well that's only one way of thinking about things.

Amazon purchased Twitch.tv for almost a Billion dollars, I doubt they would do that unless they expect massive growth potential down the road.  

Questions like this infuriate me because, what's the motivation for doing anything anymore.

Why even start a website, there's probably a thousand with the same idea as yours already.

Why even start a restaurant, there's already people serving better food than you

Why even start an altcoin?  There's already bitcoin and Ethereum.

Why even go to school?  There's people already smarter than you

Why even do anything really anymore?

Most projects right now say "I built this platform, so now everyone build on top of it cause i'm Kewl and can get a press release on a fake crypto news site". 

Our rational is different, why beg people to design copy and paste script kiddie dice services for your coin?  We're going to build the good stuff ourselves and let others know what they are missing out on by not incorporating blockchain into their systems.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 04:57:36 PM

Wow this project looks really good, very nice graphics and it's just a "token exchange", not an ICO  Wink
ArkEcosystem

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:10:11 PM

Wow this project looks really good, very nice graphics and it's just a "token exchange", not an ICO  Wink

Thank you for your support, we are working non-stop around the clock.

TEC is the new ICO  Wink
cannabanana

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:17:40 PM

Having spent a fair amount of time with all the promotional materials, I find myself with a few questions.

1. What is the value proposition of the ARK platform?  What has been sighted in the materials seem to be high level (a community, a token and a bridge).  How is ARK different and why should I care?
2. The Use cases you have outlined seem to be a "brainstorming dump" and are all over the map. Do you have any market driven analysis that suggests you can dominate any market segment?
3. What will the organizational structure be? Foundation + For Profit entity? What is the thinking here?
4. The team that has been identified are quite diverse but there is a lack of biographical detail that is relevant to the ARK project. How do you assure successful delivery of the ARK platform with a product that generates revenue.

These are all projects we were going to turn into "Sidechains" for Lisk.  But since Lisk can't start to forge yet, there's no development funds for some of these "Sidechains". 

Look, I know you can't see our vision, but think of it this way.

Apple took their "Iphone" idea to ALL the major manufacturers and Network Carriers.  Got turned down by EVERYONE because, really why do we need this thing and can we make money off it?

Eventually AT&T took a shot and look at both these companies now.

They are both not bankrupt which was the direction they were both going.
eternal_newbie

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:47:50 PM

I also have the same question. Why Lisk has 120% bonus and BTC only 30%? Any cooperation going on with Lisk or just want to accumulate Lisk?

Lisk price is low at the moment so better buy now. Though Lisk price will climb up soon.

And too high bonus will be susceptible to dumps when this hits exchanges.

There is no cooperation at this moment with Lisk. We are offering 120% in the first 24 hours for lisk because we believe in it and so, there is not going to be a dump after the Token Exchange Campaign.

I think most of the developers also are Lisk developers. I think I read something about that in the whitepaper.
And the first bridges will be to Lisk, Ethereum and Bitcoin.

Lisk only has one developer, Oliver Bedows, and he is not involved in this project.

Sorry, bad recollection.
The whitepaper just says that the crew is strongly tied to the Lisk community, and that they are member of the 'Lisk Global Delegate Team'.

My bad.

Pi -network   Mine crypto from your mobile phone
More then 900 000 active users.   Join here: Minepi.com     Referral: ulwima
mashcom

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:56:25 PM

I've created a telegram group to talk about ark, you can join through this link:

- https://telegram.me/ArkEcosystem

Joined the telegram group of ark
golfhuso

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:59:05 PM

I don't think this project has good ROI. Nothing new here.

▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
            ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
[]▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
cannabanana

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:00:56 PM

And I guess you think Decent is original? They don't even have one good revenue stream. LOL
vipertkd

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:04:26 PM

Did you even read the Whitepaper?
nyanhtet

Bawga

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:13:09 PM

I've created a telegram group to talk about ark, you can join through this link:

- https://telegram.me/ArkEcosystem

Joined the telegram group of ark

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
nyanhtet

Bawga

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:24:38 PM

How do we get sweetstake bounties if we are in top 100 winners?

Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Transparency Report
cannabanana

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:40:02 PM

At the end of each sweepstakes I'll post a list of all the winners and an email the winners will have to email us from using the winning accounts email.

the list will be posted also in our official form at https://forum.ark.io/category/24/sweepstakes-winners
nyanhtet

Bawga

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:55:38 PM

At the end of each sweepstakes I'll post a list of all the winners and an email the winners will have to email us from using the winning accounts email.

the list will be posted also in our official form at https://forum.ark.io/category/24/sweepstakes-winners

I meant where is bounties accept account or address like ico.iconomi.net. You guys can't sent ARK to e-mails.  Grin

Transparency Report
cannabanana

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:59:03 PM

I meant where is bounties accept account or address like ico.iconomi.net. You guys can't sent ARK to e-mails.  Grin

hehe, yes.  we're putting the finishing touches on it.  It will be at https://ark.io/tec/  but the page is just a placeholder until the TEC starts Cheesy

but we also don't want just anyone to give us their accounts for bounties when they didn't earn one.  Smiley  We'll make sure all winners of all the sweepstakes get their ARK prizes for sure.
nyanhtet

Bawga

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:06:02 PM

I meant where is bounties accept account or address like ico.iconomi.net. You guys can't sent ARK to e-mails.  Grin

hehe, yes.  we're putting the finishing touches on it.  It will be at https://ark.io/tec/  but the page is just a placeholder until the TEC starts Cheesy

but we also don't want just anyone to give us their accounts for bounties when they didn't earn one.  Smiley  We'll make sure all winners of all the sweepstakes get their ARK prizes for sure.
Now, all clear. Thank.

Transparency Report
ArkEcosystem

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:33:57 PM

cannabanana,

If you were to compare Ark with another crypto project, which project would you say comes closest? for e.g. Via, Counterparty etc.

From what others we have talked to in back channels are saying, I have heard it compared to ripple.  Lot more on the dev team that would probably have a better description for you.

Cheers, I am just trying to get a feel for what Ark is trying to achieve, what problems Ark is trying to resolve, and what Ark's mission is.

NP, we are here to help and will try to explain ourselves as best as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 669 »
  Print  

Jump to: