Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ZEC] Zcash Speculation  (Read 54050 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheKoziTwo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:38:34 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 09:58:36 AM by TheKoziTwo

Zcash is launching on Oct 28th 2016

It's already traded as futures on bitmex. Currently the market has predicted that the price will be 0.2 BTC on December 30th 2016.

Since I couldn't find a speculation topic I'm creating one. Will keep moderation to a minimum (remove off-topic, spam etc)

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheKoziTwo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:38:45 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2016, 11:12:55 AM by TheKoziTwo

Zcash's monetary base will be the same as Bitcoin's — 21 million Zcash currency units (ZEC, or ⓩ) will be mined over time. 10% of that reward will be distributed to the stakeholders in the Zcash Company — founders, investors, employees, and advisors. We call this the “Founders Reward”.

At first, 50 ZEC will be created every ten minutes. 80% of the newly created ZEC will go to the miners, and 20% ZEC to the founders.

Every four years, the rate of ZEC being created will halve (again, just like in Bitcoin). After the first four years the ZEC created per ten minutes will drop to 25ⓩ, but after the first four years, 100% of it goes to the miners.

The end result (as shown in the diagram) is that there will ultimately be 21 million ⓩ, and 10% of it, or 2.1 million ⓩ, will have been initially distributed to the founders.

edit: It seems slow mining will be used instead of the above (thanks to bobabouey2 for analysis):

TheKoziTwo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:58:09 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 05:50:44 PM by TheKoziTwo

ZEC is one of the most anticipated coins in the history of crypto. First announced as Zerocoin in 2013 and later Zerocash in an improved version (now Zcash for short). The idea of complete anonymity has always been attractive to crypto enthusiasts and could possibly be a requirement in the future to ensure fungibility. I think Zerocoin is one that most early adopters of bitcoin are aware of. This long period since announcement and release has surely built up a lot of excitement. However there has since come out several other "anonymous" crypto's.

In my opinion the current price is crazy. There's no way it's worth that much. Even if the technology is great, it has no usage or adoption. But still, I wouldn't be surprised if things got even crazier. There's obviously a lot of hype going on. My guess is that the price won't last as coins enter the market, more than 430k will be mined in the first two months. The futures are for price on Dec 30th which means it has to stay that high after a full two months. It seems unlikely, so I'll try my luck shorting as it continues up from 0.2 BTC.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:06:03 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 10:31:16 AM by dnaleor

ZCash won't be a fungible cryptocurrency: weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

Also worthy to mention:

The founders, employees, and advisors are collectively receiving 5.7% of the monetary base over the four years. The investors are receiving 1.6% of the Zcash monetary base, over the first year. The Zcash Co is receiving 1.2% of the monetary base (over four years) to fund new commercial projects. The Zcash Foundation is receiving 1.4% of the monetary base (over four years) to support the technology, on behalf of all users.
source: https://z.cash/blog/continued-funding-and-transparency.html

This means that 336k ZEC will be distributed to the private investors, who will likely be dumping most of them.
In the first year 2625k ZEC will be mined, so this means that private investors will receive 12.8% of the supply in the first year.

Anyone buying this corporate coin should be aware of this 12.8% dumping risk.

edit: and this is assuming employees, the company or the foundation won't sell any coins of the remaining 7.2%
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:07:47 AM

ZCash won't be a fungible cryptocurrency: weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

Then the question is "what's the point?"

Answer: Cash grab

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hdn

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 02:49:50 PM

Hi, anybody could mention here how to buy zcash ?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:28:03 PM

Sems ZCoin will be biggest competitor of ZCash

Tonight Gary Le of Zcoin explains why the Zcoin team felt so compelled to step up and commit to 100 Zcoin per month for 4 years to the Ross Ulbricht defense fund from ZCoin founders reward.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-crypto-show-with-gary-le-of-zcoin-lyn-ulbricht-and-tatiana-moroz
TheKoziTwo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:09:59 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 04:39:15 PM by TheKoziTwo

Not possible yet. You'll have to wait for the launch on October 28th. However you can still bet on the price in the futures market over at bitmex. The way this works is that people short and others can then take those offers and long. On December 30th the market will be settled at the current market price. So if you believe the price is too low at 0.2 BTC, you could long now and then if the market price is 0.3 BTC on December 30th you'll have made 50% profit. Keep in mind that the market may fluctuate a lot in the meantime and you'll have a liquidation price, so there's a risk with the high volatility. You could add more funds to your account to maintain a better liquidation price though.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:03:39 PM

Not possible yet. You'll have to wait for the launch on October 28th. However you can still bet on the price in the futures market over at bitmex. The way this works is that people short and others can then take those offers and long. On December 30th the market will be settled at the current market price. So if you believe the price is too low at 0.2 BTC, you could long now and then if the market price is 0.3 BTC on December 30th you'll have made 50% profit. Keep in mind that the market may fluctuate a lot in the meantime and you'll have a liquidation price, so there's a risk with the high volatility. You could add more funds to your account to maintain a better liquidation price though.
How can I create a Zcash wallet in windows environment or online and where from I can buy Zcash the fastest after October 28?

TheKoziTwo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:39:47 PM

How can I create a Zcash wallet in windows environment or online and where from I can buy Zcash the fastest after October 28?
Quoting Zooko himself: "unfortunately we do not have the engineering capacity to support Windows and Mac for the 1.0 launch." [source]

So it seems your only alternative is to use linux to create a wallet (at least on launch). I imagine there will be plenty of exchanges adding zcash though, so you'll be able to buy and store it there until you figure out the wallet.

medusa13

Activity: 453

hello world

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:23:55 PM

the bitmex derivative is a complete joke and brought them more harm than good in my opinion. issuing a derivative without underlying spot market is just bullshit, visible in the extremely low liquidity and high price.

with this product they unfortunately showed one more time they are more a betting platform for degenerated crypto gamblers than a serious derivative issuer.

regarding ZEC, launch and first few months will sure be interesting, possiblilty for big crocodile tears after Grin

XMR Monero
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:37:31 PM

Linux in most forms still reminds me of something between Windows 3.1, and Windows 95. I'm not a fan, but will admit there are a few things Linux does better.
I find it easier to run WMware player on Windows to install Ubuntu, and run my Zcash miners and wallet there. At least you aren't wasting functionality of a good computer.

One of my concerns with Zcash is that the software is still in beta testing, and looks real iffy for an Oct. 28 launch. The whole thing looks a "bit" rushed, and shoddy.
Especially since they don't have mining software that will run on Windows. Zcash is another geek coin that may or may not have long term adoption.

It looks like the hash rate will be astronomical shortly after launch, so difficulty will be crazy from the get go on a coin that hasn't been proven. Initially it was announced that Zcash would be CPU only.
Now we will have GPU farms gearing up again, which means ASICs are likely if the value is maintained anywhere near .2 BTC. I would be real skeptical of buying futures at .2 BTC.

http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/home/video-van-een-zcash-mining-rig-op-beta2-testnet

Probably worth mining some to see where this goes, but there will likely be plenty of pitfalls along the way. The current futures price is highly optimistic in my opinion. I remember when Litecoin hit $ .60 cents thinking it was impressive.

andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:27:12 AM

where link annoucment thread zcash in bitcointalk
selling ico or not
if selling ico when iso open and run selling ico zcash
iam try find anoucement thread zcash not found
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:47:29 AM

I agree with lethos3 100%.
I'm expecting a really high initial price followed by a 25-30% drop by the end of the first day.

Then again, I'm a total idiot when it come to altcoin trading and I'm sure people will make millions of dollars if they just to the opposite of whatever I say ROFL.   Tongue

hdn

Activity: 682

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:55:23 PM

Thank u sir for your explanation.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:32:29 PM

Why is there no Windows wallet?  The coin will have 100% more change of succes whit a Windows wallet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wMtaQgsWE

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:47:21 PM

long is the only option for that coin at the begining.

There will be no cheap lending market for this coin and i bet the team is going to take care that this will keep like this. Probably they'll pump that coin by themself to get even more media attention. And if this coin makes the 1:1 BTC/ZEC.....

With rising prices people get motivated to keep their coins. The marketing maschine will do it's rest. But yes there will be a time where this system will crash for sure. But not at the beginning. My prediction. I see, i'm again totally opposite than the rest...as always  Shocked
TheKoolaider

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:47:59 AM

Why is Dec 30th important? I see it on Bitmex as well.  Is something supposed to happen to ZCash?
CredaCash

Activity: 219
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 02:14:59 AM

ZEC is one of the most anticipated coins in the history of crypto. ... However there has since come out several other "anonymous" crypto's.

CredaCash is one of upcoming currencies that is completely private and fungible.  CredaCash also uses Zero Knowledge Proofs, however CredaCash can create a completely private transaction in just 3 seconds using only 70 MB of memory, while it takes Zcash 2 minutes and 3 GB of memory.  CredaCash is currently in beta, and already supports both Windows and Linux.  It is expected to launch before the end of this year.  For a full comparison, see https://CredaCash.com/compare/
TheKoziTwo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:34:31 AM

Why is Dec 30th important? I see it on Bitmex as well.  Is something supposed to happen to ZCash?
It's a futures market on bitmex which means people are betting on the future price on date x. The date is completely arbitrary and chosen by bitmex. On that day, bitmex will take the price at some other exchange where zcash is traded and use it to settle the futures market. People who bought lower than that price or shorted higher will win.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: