Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL RIP OFF... price up 90%, 50GH/s for 2499$.  (Read 13836 times)
Bendex

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:58:04 AM

Still no confirmation of working bfl ASIC device!

1 satoshi says that people will still be posting this even after all the pre orders have been shipped.

I'm pretty sure it will stop once there IS confirmation of a working device. Why should it stop until then?
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:30:55 AM

1 satoshi says that people will still be posting this even after all the pre orders have been shipped.

I'm pretty sure it will stop once there IS confirmation of a working device. Why should it stop until then?

You can count on that. I just don't like spending time on forum reading and debating, while there's no confirmation, and from what I can see they still have many issues to solve. Heck, I'm gonna order as soon as first batch starts shipping.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:08:46 AM

Is the BFL warranty meaningless since according to them, they are coming out with a new redesigned product and the "lifetime" warranty according to them is only good until the product stops shipping.
Newscastix

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:42:50 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 12:11:27 PM by Newscastix

Huh Huh confirmation for what? They are shipping already, right? There was a bet for that if they don't ship by now. And the bet wasn't won  Grin Grin

--- Well you are right... anyone who participated in that bet should go ballistic... I would, but i didn't bet... It can't get any clearer than that that...  Roll Eyes
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:52:31 AM

Is the BFL warranty meaningless since according to them, they are coming out with a new redesigned product and the "lifetime" warranty according to them is only good until the product stops shipping.

I can imagine that they weasel theme-self out of this for preorder customers, especially since they only ordered a prototype board Smiley?

marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:27:19 PM

Huh Huh confirmation for what? They are shipping already, right? There was a bet for that if they don't ship by now. And the bet wasn't won  Grin Grin

--- Well you are right... anyone who participated in that bet should go ballistic... I would, but i didn't bet... It can't get any clearer than that that...  Roll Eyes

I didn't placed order and didn't placed a bet.

And I haven't seen yet a confirmation of their product.

What is obvious however is another lie from them, mini rig says 'out of stock', yet it is concluded many times on this forum, that the technology they have theoretically is not enough to produce mini rig. Correct suffix for mini rig on their site should be "Can't make it".

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:26:06 PM

So let me get this straight:

2x BFL Singles is 100GH/s for ~40BTC

1x 4unit Avalon is 85GH/s for ~100BTC.

And the BFL will still use less power, even tho it's not as low as they'd hoped.

Why are you complaining again?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
phylogrammet

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

I was going to order the $650 yesterday.

Seriously.

But not having any shipped and reading about their power consumption issues is what held me back.

I think I'm more upset they raised the price than I didn't preorder.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:40:09 PM

And the BFL will still use less power, even tho it's not as low as they'd hoped.

...because BFL has never shipped an ASIC mining product and Avalon has? Because Avalon buyers have actually been given a real shipping date? The time for BFL fanbois to point at other companies and say "hey BFL sucks, but look at them!" has passed. BFL is the only ASIC mining vaporware provider left. ALL of their competitors have either sunk or swum, which is sad really as BFL was the first to announce an ASIC product. Avalon and BFL are not in the same league. One is an ASIC hardware vendor and the other is a vaporware producer that just raised their prices and cancelled products that they never even produced.

philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:54:05 PM

Because:

minternj

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:53:37 PM

...because BFL has never shipped an ASIC mining product and Avalon has? Because Avalon buyers have actually been given a real shipping date? The time for BFL fanbois to point at other companies and say "hey BFL sucks, but look at them!" has passed. BFL is the only ASIC mining vaporware provider left. ALL of their competitors have either sunk or swum, which is sad really as BFL was the first to announce an ASIC product. Avalon and BFL are not in the same league. One is an ASIC hardware vendor and the other is a vaporware producer that just raised their prices and cancelled products that they never even produced.

Sorry you just used the definition of fanboi wrong. fanboi would never say the company they are a fanboi of sucks. I havent seen that many fanboi's here, just people who see that BFL is a real company and now has a working asic. Dont think any of these fanboi's as you put it wouldnt want to have been part of avalon's group1 presales. Hell im sure a lot of the people who got group 1 avalons are still in the bfl preoder queue. We are all here to mine, lets stop the us vs them mentality.

Does BFL's customer service and project mangement skills suck? Yep. Do i think they will start shipping within a month. yep. Have i been wrong before? yep.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
KGambler

Activity: 236

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:02:39 PM

Do i think they will start shipping within a month. yep. 

What are your reasons for thinking this?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:08:34 PM

I was going to order the $650 yesterday.

Seriously.

But not having any shipped and reading about their power consumption issues is what held me back.

I think I'm more upset they raised the price than I didn't preorder.

Use the $650 to buy bitcoins and in 6 months when BFL starts shipping, you'll look at the value of your bitcoins and be so glad you didn't waste your money on a pre-order now.

Buy & Hold
creativex

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:10:25 PM

Do i think they will start shipping within a month. yep. 

What are your reasons for thinking this?

+1

Have they requested FPGA trade-ins be returned yet? Nope.

How many times must BFL crooks lie about shipping dates before people stop assigning anything they say any credibility at all? Really.

minternj

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:16:01 PM

Simply because is seems they now have all the components now. Sounded like they were throwing in the towel to achieve original power hash specs and will ship with what they got. Prices raised to deal with increased pcb and chip costs. Businesses do that to keep profit margin steady when input costs go up. That's how i interpreted this whole change. But hey who am i to complain, i asked for them to raise prices on thier forum lol.

creativex

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:20:11 PM

Simply because is seems they now have all the components now. Sounded like they were throwing in the towel to achieve original power hash specs and will ship with what they got. Prices raised to deal with increased pcb and chip costs. Businesses do that to keep profit margin steady when input costs go up. That's how i interpreted this whole change. But hey who am i to complain, i asked for them to raise prices on thier forum lol.

Raise their prices on WHAT? Exactly?

KGambler

Activity: 236

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:21:58 PM

Simply because is seems they now have all the components now. Sounded like they were throwing in the towel to achieve original power hash specs and will ship with what they got.

Fair enough.  

From what I have read I wouldn't conclude that they have any viable products yet, or will anytime soon, so my opinion is different.
minternj

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:39:44 PM

I had the same thoughts and missed out on the avalon preorders. BFL at least has pics of boxes with fans, the chips, the working unit hashing. First time someone saw an Avalon and knew it hashed was after it shipped to  jeff. So i'm content to gamble on bfl for now.

coinnewb

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:43:02 PM

I had the same thoughts and missed out on the avalon preorders. BFL at least has pics of boxes with fans, the chips, the working unit hashing. First time someone saw an Avalon and knew it hashed was after it shipped to  jeff. So i'm content to gamble on bfl for now.

hmmm.... I don't follow your logic here.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1018

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:43:07 PM

I have some pics of tyres and rims I can send you.   Do you believe I can build a race car since I built a go cart?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: