Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424128 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:18:04 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 11:29:37 PM by erk

Quite true, BTC can take days, NMC is another SHA256 candidate, I don't mean merge minied, just mined by itself. I think that could be popular too.

Wouldn't it be more profitable to merge mine NMC though?
You would still have to find BTC block wouldn't you?
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

I'm not sure enough to answer on merge mining. I thought the merged coins were finding blocks quicker than the parent BTC, but maybe I misunderstand how it works.
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:23:31 PM

I was wondering about TRC in the mix as well.  I would propose that 7777 be strictly for scrypt (if it isn't already), and as was suggested, setting up a separate rotation for sha.

I personally like the pool and applaud not only the rotating coin idea, but also the addition of 17777 so I can get my lowly minerd hashers into the mix (a hash is a hash when you don't have a Major Mining Rig to play with!).
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:40:38 PM

I'm not sure enough to answer on merge mining. I thought the merged coins were finding blocks quicker than the parent BTC, but maybe I misunderstand how it works.

They work in conjunction with one another, at least is my understanding. Ex.

BTC is difficulty 1,000
NMC is difficulty 500

In the time it took to find a BTC block you'd find 2 NMC's, or for ex. if it took an hour to find a BTC one, every 30m you would find a NMC one.

Not 100% sure if I got that right, but based on my understanding this is how it works.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:16:41 PM

Quite true, BTC can take days, NMC is another SHA256 candidate, I don't mean merge minied, just mined by itself. I think that could be popular too.

Wouldn't it be more profitable to merge mine NMC though?

- Ernie.

I think this is true.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:17:30 PM

The reason you have a loyal TRC following is the only other pool I know of is Coinotron, except for BTC, SHA256 coins are woefully serviced.

Why not make a SHA256 and a scrypt version of the pool?

I would like to see TRC in rotation with PPC and BTC. That should attract a fair few from the new crop of smaller ASIC owners.

Yes that is the eventual plan.  PPC needs some changes to both the mining software and the frontend, I believe.

We don't have a snowball's chance in hell of finding a BTC block in any reasonable amount of time until we have around 500GH on SHA256 though.
[/quote]

I don't see why anyone would mine NMC directly when its profitability is only 6% of Bitcoin's.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:24:12 PM

I changed my donation percent on the details page, but it does not appear to stick.  Unless it's in the background. 
It would be helpful to actually see a transaction page that shows our donations.
If the 7777 thing works out I would donate something for the server.  I want to see if I actually make more per day with this than with picking a coin in the AM and again in the PM like I had been.
erk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:39:18 PM

I don't see why anyone would mine NMC directly when its profitability is only 6% of Bitcoin's.
That's what merged mining does to a coin, it's needs to be able to breath on it's own without being tied.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:41:26 PM

I changed my donation percent on the details page, but it does not appear to stick.  Unless it's in the background.  
It would be helpful to actually see a transaction page that shows our donations.
If the 7777 thing works out I would donate something for the server.  I want to see if I actually make more per day with this than with picking a coin in the AM and again in the PM like I had been.

It was changing in the DB but wasn't immediately displayed correctly upon refresh.  This should be fixed now.

kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:43:15 AM

Any chance of NovaCoin (123% profitability) or BBQCoin (147%) to be added to the pool?

Seems like SXC is going away, so there is one slot to replace it with something.

NovaCoin is even traded on Btc-E

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:07:48 AM

Any chance of NovaCoin (123% profitability) or BBQCoin (147%) to be added to the pool?

Seems like SXC is going away, so there is one slot to replace it with something.

NovaCoin is even traded on Btc-E

I've been thinking about adding NVC for a while.  BQC we had for a while and never found a block.  I wasn't able to find out whether it was a problem with the client, the pool software or what.

namzycad3

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:30:54 AM

Multiport is up!

Something must have gone wrong during the switch..  I'll look into this..

if i am not wrong the multiport went down when switch to mnc.
SpaceCadet

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:04:33 AM

I've been mining on 7777 for just a few hours now and I noticed that it switches coins a lot more than I would have expected. It would seem some kind of smoothing algorithm could help that. But the real question is - what does this do to the PPLNS calculations of the coin pools, since that is designed to discourage hopping.

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea of having an automatic way of switching to a more favorable coin (though there may be other criteria than instantaneous profitability to use to base the switch on). I'm just wondering what other considerations we might need to make beyond PPLNS (like expected time to next block) in deciding when to switch (or when not to). 

This could be an interesting community discussion!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:17:15 AM

I've been mining on 7777 for just a few hours now and I noticed that it switches coins a lot more than I would have expected. It would seem some kind of smoothing algorithm could help that. But the real question is - what does this do to the PPLNS calculations of the coin pools, since that is designed to discourage hopping.

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea of having an automatic way of switching to a more favorable coin (though there may be other criteria than instantaneous profitability to use to base the switch on). I'm just wondering what other considerations we might need to make beyond PPLNS (like expected time to next block) in deciding when to switch (or when not to). 

Right now there isn't any smoothing at all.  It's definitely something that I can look at in the future.

The last N for most of the coins is so low that the PPLNS hardly matters.  But for LTC, you are talking about an average of around 2.5 million shares per block, so your shares aren't going to fall out of the last N that often.  If that does happen, it means that the LTC pool is having an extremely long round, which means you were probably better off mining a different coin anyway.

erk

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:11:48 AM

Right now there isn't any smoothing at all.  It's definitely something that I can look at in the future.

The last N for most of the coins is so low that the PPLNS hardly matters.  But for LTC, you are talking about an average of around 2.5 million shares per block, so your shares aren't going to fall out of the last N that often.  If that does happen, it means that the LTC pool is having an extremely long round, which means you were probably better off mining a different coin anyway.

It needs a stronger averaging. It jumps around like Coinchoose.

If you have 5 different coins as the most profitable in the past 24hr, and a coin that is always the 2nd or 3rd most profitable, the chances are you should have been mining the 2nd most profitable all along, not the most profitable coin. You would be able to tell this from a moving average.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:47:10 AM

I have another request for the multi-port settings...

You have it mine LTC, however, it takes HOURS and HOURS of mining, with the current available hashing-power. Sure, you COULD hit a block once you switch everyone over... but you "switch" too fast, to another pool, and leave the actual "mining" to the few who are dedicated miners in that pool. (Eg, you are pool-hopping in a bad way, on your own server.

I would suggest...
1: Do not hop into a pool where you can not find at-least ONE block in 30 minutes. Based off your hashing-power/difficulty of your traveling pool-members + steadfast pool-members. (Eg, if you estimate that your total hashing-power would result in NOTHING found in 4 hours, mining there... then ignore that pool from the hop.)

2: Re-calculate only after 10 minutes, and only AFTER at-least ONE block has been found in the pool you are in now, before hopping to a new pool. Thus, your pool-hoppers will have actually "earned" that collected share value. (As opposed to staying in a pool for 10 min, not having found anything, switching, and HOPE that someone still there mining, does find a coin, and now has to split it with the swarm that just sucked-up his/her efforts.)

3: Offer us an "auto-convert", for those coins we don't actually want, into a coin we do want... (LTC/BTC, etc...) You could do that internally, though a little complex, it saves us from having to collect coins we don't wish to support. Plus, gives us the "immediate" reward for the "mining value" which we were mining for.

4: Don't move both pools at once, stratum and getwork. Move getwork first, since there is that delay... then move stratum, or create another pool to split the larger stratum, and delay each entry/exit from pool to pool. Makes less of a "shock" to the system and traffic-collisions/routing.

5: Since "you" are moving us... you should get that PPS&PPLNS with a 50/50 setup done, ASAP. Since PPLNS is intended to STOP pool-hopping. (I would not do PPS 100% until another 100-200MHs are added to the pools. They are coming soon! You just have to creatively show them the value over BTC and LTC mining... In your signature perhaps... Simply show/say... 3200KHs = $550 USD a month, mining scrypt-coins at MultiPool.)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:03:14 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 11:10:30 AM by ISAWHIM

P.S. DGC is horribly inaccurate for share estimations and pay-outs...

I have been mining there for a solid hour, still shows I am hashing at 338KHs when I am at 1588+KHs, and shows many blocks "confirmed" in my time period, yet shows 00000 for confirmed for me. I have logs of solid "accepted" shares from 5-6AM which is 18 blocks that are confirmed and 0 reward for all that work from me... (Per block estimate shows as 0.1351)...

I started digicoin and world-coin at the same time... however, worldcoin seems to be reporting correctly, and paying out. World-coin diff shares are 32, digicoin shares are 16... perhaps you "had them at 64", and are calculating them for 1/4 the actual value, which seems about right.

Switching back to worldcoins until the digicoins issue is resolved. (Tried it with a new worker, same results.)

EDIT: Resolved... I was using CGminer 3.1.0 on that machine...

RESOLUTION: Upgrade to CGminer 3.2.0 or 3.2.1... If you notice "shares are missing"... or too many "rejected shares" or "rejected blocks"...
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:46:22 PM

It's true PPLNS prevents pool hopping, but it doesn't stop coin hopping. Smiley Nothing can do that. And it just makes sense to mine the most profitable coin, if profits are the goal.
SpaceCadet

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:07:04 PM

It's true PPLNS prevents pool hopping, but it doesn't stop coin hopping. Smiley Nothing can do that. And it just makes sense to mine the most profitable coin, if profits are the goal.

But what assumptions go into the profitability calculations?  Specifically, is there an assumption that you "cash" the newly mined coin in to realize the profit being calculated since the value of a coin can fluctuate?  Or is there a form of "dollar cost averaging" going on here (though DCA only has one independent variable and profitability has 2 or more)?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:47:21 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 10:05:53 PM by flound1129

I have another request for the multi-port settings...

You have it mine LTC, however, it takes HOURS and HOURS of mining, with the current available hashing-power. Sure, you COULD hit a block once you switch everyone over... but you "switch" too fast, to another pool, and leave the actual "mining" to the few who are dedicated miners in that pool. (Eg, you are pool-hopping in a bad way, on your own server.

It's not really the same as pool hopping.  Pool hopping is when you mine right after the beginning of a new block, on a proportional reward system, then hop off to another pool that just found a block, always hoping for a quick block.  If a quick block is found, you get a larger than average reward, and if not, you are still paid for the shares.  PPLNS avoids this issue by dropping pool hoppers' shares, but only when the pool takes longer than N to find a block.  If the pool finds a block in less than N shares, the pool hopper still gets paid for their shares.  

On multipool, we do not generally have this situation.  The multiport miners come in and out and submit shares over the course of the whole block.  Once a block is found, all miners are paid based on the shares they submitted over the round.  It's certainly possible for multiport shares to be dropped, if LTC winds up being profitable only during the first couple hours of a new block and the block turns out to be a long block, but this is not going to be the situation the majority of the time.

I would suggest...
1: Do not hop into a pool where you can not find at-least ONE block in 30 minutes. Based off your hashing-power/difficulty of your traveling pool-members + steadfast pool-members. (Eg, if you estimate that your total hashing-power would result in NOTHING found in 4 hours, mining there... then ignore that pool from the hop.)

On the other hand, we wouldn't have found those two extra LTC blocks yesterday without the multiport miners.  It's a double-egded sword -- the single port miners might not like sharing their rewards with the multiport miners, but if more blocks are found due to the increased hash rate, the rewards should even out.

2: Re-calculate only after 10 minutes, and only AFTER at-least ONE block has been found in the pool you are in now, before hopping to a new pool. Thus, your pool-hoppers will have actually "earned" that collected share value. (As opposed to staying in a pool for 10 min, not having found anything, switching, and HOPE that someone still there mining, does find a coin, and now has to split it with the swarm that just sucked-up his/her efforts.)

Most pools other than LTC find multiple blocks in 10 minutes.

3: Offer us an "auto-convert", for those coins we don't actually want, into a coin we do want... (LTC/BTC, etc...) You could do that internally, though a little complex, it saves us from having to collect coins we don't wish to support. Plus, gives us the "immediate" reward for the "mining value" which we were mining for.

No, I'm not going to do this.  I have no interest in being an exchange.  See if you can get an exchange operator to implement auto-sell.  Then you can set a low threshold and send all your mined coins direct to the exchange to be sold.  Or you can just write a bot to do it.

4: Don't move both pools at once, stratum and getwork. Move getwork first, since there is that delay... then move stratum, or create another pool to split the larger stratum, and delay each entry/exit from pool to pool. Makes less of a "shock" to the system and traffic-collisions/routing.

I'm not sure what problem this is trying to solve.  Can you elaborate?

5: Since "you" are moving us... you should get that PPS&PPLNS with a 50/50 setup done, ASAP. Since PPLNS is intended to STOP pool-hopping. (I would not do PPS 100% until another 100-200MHs are added to the pools. They are coming soon! You just have to creatively show them the value over BTC and LTC mining... In your signature perhaps... Simply show/say... 3200KHs = $550 USD a month, mining scrypt-coins at MultiPool.)

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate the constructive feedback.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: