Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:15:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424129 times)
RobinHood27

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

viva la vida

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:07:10 PM

HI,
I mined FTC at your pool for maybe above 1 hour, it started nice it was all ok, Estimate and Unconfirmed balances was calculating properly
but when i was back to chek my score it was all 0, Confirmed   Unconfirmed  and Estimate.  SO what the hell hapend?
i realy sopport your pool i use it reguraly for mining MinCoin bit this thing never hapend on neider pool so far?!!

gospodin_tihi is my account

all things are good
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:08:53 PM

It looks like it's not the pool it's FTC again.  But I'm not knowledgeable enough to say what it is.  Appears similar to yesterday's issue.
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:39:48 PM

I think FTC should be taken out of the mutlipool 7777 until couple of blocks are found and confirmed. Let people mine FTC directly if they want to, but let's stop wasting miners resources until issues with FTC are resolved.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Loktera

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:42:18 PM

Good work with the pool; nice to see the multiport mining working.

I think we should avoid mining FTC until the attacks on the network have subsided, though.
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:50:00 PM

Good work with the pool; nice to see the multiport mining working.

I think we should avoid mining FTC until the attacks on the network have subsided, though.

FTC is out and will not be back until things settle.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:55:03 PM

flound1129,

Clicking on the block # inside "LAST 30 BLOCKS FOUND" alt currencies would take the user to the BTC blockchain - I think it is a bug.

Use alternative blockchains for alt currencies

Ex:  http://blockexplorer.vircurpool.com/chain/MinCoin is for for MNC

Thank you

Yeah this is a long standing bug that I still haven't gotten the chance to fix.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:48:06 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 12:02:21 AM by erk

So FTC has been the most profitable coin to mine on and off for the past 24hours and multipool is ignoring it, forcing 66MH/s worth of miners to bypass the mutipool feature and point directly at the FTC pool. Tell me the reason you have multipool again?

The 66MH/s might as well be using any old FTC pool.

When almost a third of your pools scrypt hashing power is going directly to the FTC pool doesn't that tell you something?

Jazkal

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:53:45 PM

So FTC has been the most profitable coin to mine on and off for the past 24hours and multipool is ignoring it, forcing 66MH/s worth of miners to bypass the mutipool feature and point directly at the FTC pool. Tell me the reason you have multipool again?

The 66MH/s might as well not be mining. Have you not been following what is happening in the FTC world? All the blocks that are mined are being 51% attacked, and valid blocks found are being orphaned. So if all the blocks you find disappear before you get them, why should Multipool point all of the miners at a problem coin atm?

EDIT:
Can you show us a single pool that has not gotten orphans from the found blocks? Just wondering if any have actually received any FTC coins during this attack?
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:55:46 PM

The 66MH/s might as well not be mining. Have you not been following what is happening in the FTC world? All the blocks that are mined are being 51% attacked, and valid blocks found are being orphaned. So if all the blocks you find disappear before you get them, why should Multipool point all of the miners at a problem coin atm?

Of course I have been following it, there has been an attack and it's up to pool owners to make sure they peer with trusted nodes.
The more hashing power the less likely the attack will succeed, so I thank the FTC miners that kept with it.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:37:23 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 01:49:06 AM by flound1129

Of course I have been following it, there has been an attack and it's up to pool owners to make sure they peer with trusted nodes.
The more hashing power the less likely the attack will succeed, so I thank the FTC miners that kept with it.

I don't know who the trusted nodes are, I haven't heard shit from the FTC devs, as far as I know they aren't posting here and FTC forums are down.

If this coin is so great they should be supporting it here.

I can't make the decision to point the pool's hashing power at FTC just to help them out and having people lose out on their earnings.  When this happened with SXC I just shut it down.  I left the FTC pool up so that if people want to mine FTC they can mine it directly.  And it's obivous that we don't have anywhere near the hashing power to match the attackers, otherwise all of our blocks wouldn't be getting orphaned.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:15:17 AM

I don't know who the trusted nodes are, I haven't heard shit from the FTC devs, as far as I know they aren't posting here and FTC forums are down.

I can't make the decision to point the pool's hashing power at FTC just to help them out and having people lose out on their earnings.  When this happened with SXC I just shut it down.  I left the FTC pool up so that if people want to mine FTC they can mine it directly.  And it's obivous that we don't have anywhere near the hashing power to match the attackers, otherwise all of our blocks wouldn't be getting orphaned.

Uh, I've been on the Feathercoin forums all day. I'm guessing you're using the wrong link. It is: http://forum.feathercoin.com/

It hasn't gone down at all that I know of.

On that note, for the time being I agree that leaving FTC off the multipool is a good idea. Hopefully they get the issues resolved soon.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:01:53 AM

Uh, I've been on the Feathercoin forums all day. I'm guessing you're using the wrong link. It is: http://forum.feathercoin.com/

On that note, for the time being I agree that leaving FTC off the multipool is a good idea. Hopefully they get the issues resolved soon.

The forum was definitely getting DOSd last night and at some point today (I tried to access it earlier and got a MySQL error).

But anyway, if someone was to distribute a list of trusted nodes I think that'd be a great step toward combating the attacks.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:31:48 AM

In other news NVC has a huge lead in the poll for which coin to add next:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/539-poll-what-coin-should-replace-sxc-on-multipool

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:24:51 AM

The forum was definitely getting DOSd last night and at some point today (I tried to access it earlier and got a MySQL error).

But anyway, if someone was to distribute a list of trusted nodes I think that'd be a great step toward combating the attacks.

I put in a request for a list of the trusted nodes. Also requested that they be posted public somewhere. I'll let you know when I get a response!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:52:08 AM

I put in a request for a list of the trusted nodes. Also requested that they be posted public somewhere. I'll let you know when I get a response!

Yeah, so did I, hopefully someone will reply.  I'm a little disappointed at the response to this attack, one dev suggested backing up blockchains every hour, I'm not sure what that would accomplish, another went on a useless diatribe here.  No real attempt at actually mitigating anything.

comal

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:33:03 AM

hi,

how i can change my payment address?
cheers
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:36:00 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 03:16:46 PM by ISAWHIM

The Feathercoin chain is fixed...

FCpool fixed it by defeating the attackers chain. (They are being attacked by the guy now.. lol... Fouled his plans, now he is butthurt! EG, don't join that pool, it is going down every few minutes while that guy attacks them, join this pool when it gets running again.)

You got two confirmed blocks... why did you stop?

I see others connected... am I just being rejected for some reason... it sucks solo-mining all day. Smiley
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:40:09 PM

The Feathercoin chain is fixed...

FCpool fixed it by defeating the attackers chain. (They are being attacked by the guy now.. lol... Fouled his plans, now he is butthurt! EG, don't join that pool, it is going down every few minutes while that guy attacks them, join this pool when it gets running again.)

You got two confirmed blocks... why did you stop?

I see others connected... am I just being rejected for some reason... it sucks solo-mining all day. Smiley

Our blocks were orphaned again (after being fully confirmed.)  I am updating the client now.

cokeman0

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:09:19 PM

Hi

Is it time to put FTC back in the multiport ?
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

Yea, they are upping the confirms too... Reloading the entire chain, (past the point where the invasion occurred {if backed-up regularly}), should show any "orphaned", that "made it" as being legitimate. (Some will never be legitimate, because part of the bad chain, was real, before it was hijacked.)

If you notice more orphans coming... Try disconnecting, reloading a backup wallet, and reconnect until it gets the correct connection with the valid chain. (Eg, backing-up after this next loading, if you stop the chain before that screwy block... EG, not letting it load all the way up until now, backing-up that partial chain to save time.)

Detection warning...
1 orphan = normal
2 orphans = abnormal
3 orphans = rare (possible invasion)
4 orphans = Full-on-attack, Game on!

Apparently you don't even need 51% to do a 51% attack, when you have the "good luck". Looking like this was done with a simple "stall" of legitimate pools, and also a "hijack" of a double-block-find... One after the other, by stalling the pools blocks with invalid data. When you get bored, you look at the block-chain in detail. lol.

Come swim in the deep-water of the FTC pool... Just don't pee in it, or we will all leave again!

P.S. Announce on the forums, for LTC that your pool is up and working... There is a mini-army looking for good pools right now. Google will find your post for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: