Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424138 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:47:27 PM

Hello,

I really like your pool and its multi-pool concept.  Any chance you will add PPCoin to go along with Terracoin and then perform auto switching between these two SHA-256 types?

I think this would be cool too ^  Wink

TRC is adjusting difficulty on every found block - I'm not even sure it would make any sense to switch in and out of it, unless there there significant power inside the pool so it can find a block with high probability before difficulty adjusts. Total TRC Network is about 300 MHS, so if multipool would have about 150, it could work.

Would also be nice to have 2-3 TH/s and mine BTC as a baseline and switch in and out of TRC/PPC when it is profitable.

Increasing hash rates is something Floud is working towards. The more people we can get on multipool, the more we can do. It looks like it's been increasing, although somewhat slow. Need more people!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:48:28 PM

If you put a link to my store on your pool I will pay you 20% BTC for all sales your traffic generates, see sig.

Let me know if you need any certain sized banners etc.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:25:42 PM

Does anyone know how to change the payment address? It wont let me change it at all. I do have the lock setting on so maybe thats an issue. I like this pool but I cant mine the problem coin until I can fix this.

Email me with your username and I'll unlock it.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:52:55 PM

LTC hot wallet was empty, I just sent some LTC to it, you should be able to withdraw LTC within 20 minutes or so.

Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:34:02 PM

This may have already been covered but a search rendered no results.  Is there a way to disable the e-mail notifications for the auto payouts?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:39:56 PM

This may have already been covered but a search rendered no results.  Is there a way to disable the e-mail notifications for the auto payouts?

I don't believe so, but what you can do is set up a filter to automatically delete any of those emails. You would use the "subject" as the filter. Set it for "Multipool.in Automatic Payout Notification."

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 09:53:06 PM

under account theres a dropdown menu for receive automated pool emails, i think that would probably do it

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:59:18 PM

under account theres a dropdown menu for receive automated pool emails, i think that would probably do it

Wow... I fail. Somehow I missed that completely. Thanks for the heads-up!

bandjhughes

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:34:32 PM

Hello,

I really like your pool and its multi-pool concept.  Any chance you will add PPCoin to go along with Terracoin and then perform auto switching between these two SHA-256 types?

I think this would be cool too ^  Wink

TRC is adjusting difficulty on every found block - I'm not even sure it would make any sense to switch in and out of it, unless there there significant power inside the pool so it can find a block with high probability before difficulty adjusts. Total TRC Network is about 300 MHS, so if multipool would have about 150, it could work.

Would also be nice to have 2-3 TH/s and mine BTC as a baseline and switch in and out of TRC/PPC when it is profitable.

Good point.  I knew TRC difficulty changed a lot, I just didn't realize it changed on every block.  But I wouldn't give up totally on adding PPC (and BTC when the hashrate grows enough).  Instead my thought is to create switching logic that looks at PPC only: when PPC is above BTC profit levels, mine PPC; and when PPC is below BTC profit levels, mine TRC. 

Of course this is just my $.02 and I have absolutely no knowledge in this, so maybe this idea makes no sense  Huh
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:38:44 PM

Hello,

I really like your pool and its multi-pool concept.  Any chance you will add PPCoin to go along with Terracoin and then perform auto switching between these two SHA-256 types?

Good point.  I knew TRC difficulty changed a lot, I just didn't realize it changed on every block.  But I wouldn't give up totally on adding PPC (and BTC when the hashrate grows enough).  Instead my thought is to create switching logic that looks at PPC only: when PPC is above BTC profit levels, mine PPC; and when PPC is below BTC profit levels, mine TRC. 

Of course this is just my $.02 and I have absolutely no knowledge in this, so maybe this idea makes no sense  Huh

I think the switching would be annoying though. Essentially what I see happening is when Multipool switches over, difficulty goes up a lot. This causes MP to switch back, so difficulty goes back down. It would create an ever-repeating cycle...

bandjhughes

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:08:30 PM

Hello,

I think the switching would be annoying though. Essentially what I see happening is when Multipool switches over, difficulty goes up a lot. This causes MP to switch back, so difficulty goes back down. It would create an ever-repeating cycle...

I'm not so sure. I don't think PPC difficulty changes that fast and it has a much higher hashrate than many of the smaller alt coins on Multipool, so I'm guessing it wouldn't quickly switch back and forth.  Also, since switching is automatic it shouldn't be annoying.  In fact I think that's the point. As I understand it, profit and difficulty correlate (at least to a degree) so Multipool tries to optimize by always going for the coin with the highest profit/lowest difficulty.  Then when it's no longer the highest profit/lowest difficulty, it automatically switches to the coin that is. No annoying action required on your part at all and you very likely get better results than you would hashing away at an altcoin type while it has higher difficulty than average.

But then again, I could be totally wrong  Undecided
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:32:59 PM

Hello,

I'm not so sure. I don't think PPC difficulty changes that fast and it has a much higher hashrate than many of the smaller alt coins on Multipool, so I'm guessing it wouldn't quickly switch back and forth.  Also, since switching is automatic it shouldn't be annoying.  In fact I think that's the point. As I understand it, profit and difficulty correlate (at least to a degree) so Multipool tries to optimize by always going for the coin with the highest profit/lowest difficulty.  Then when it's no longer the highest profit/lowest difficulty, it automatically switches to the coin that is. No annoying action required on your part at all and you very likely get better results than you would hashing away at an altcoin type while it has higher difficulty than average.

But then again, I could be totally wrong  Undecided

There is a period of a minute or so in between switches where the GPU's have to try and catch up (they pretty much power down during the couple seconds the switch is happening, and then have to rev back up and get information processing). While the switching is automatic, there would be a lot of down time by going back and forth a lot.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 04:41:05 PM

mining here for nearly 36 hours now, absolutely love it, keep up the good work Smiley
kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:09:21 PM

Before any SHA256 based coin can be implemented, BTC must be brought online, but nobody would just start mining BTC in a small pool, unless there is significant chance of finding block within several hours/days (you would need at least 1-2 TH/s for that). Merged mining NMC is also a must for the BTC pool to successfully compete with other pools. There are only 2 viable currencies (besides BTC) which are based on SHA256: PPC and TRC, so knowing that multipool can handle only limited # of different coins I would rather see another scrypt coin added instead of SHA256 coin.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

kslavik

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:12:07 PM

Something is up with FTC: I can see multiple blocks with the same # of confirmations. Is FTC under another attack? Is there a fork?

If so, it should taken out of the multipool auto switch.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Mike270

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

I'm thinking something like: ppc is most of the time not profitable vs. btc, if you count in nmc merged mining.
So, the interesting is btc vs. trc,, and my thinking is a multi-port for just these two.
The trick would be: BTC would be just port-forwarded to either a large normal(=pplns) pool (like btcguild) ar a pps pool like abcpool(12% fee!).
So a multiport that either directs to trc@multipool or to btc@somewhere else (keep track of network latencies - perhaps some stratum mining proxy as cache?)
Users would need to have same credentials on multipool and btc mining site for this to work.
Multipool wouldn't have to add bitcoin but still could offer a reasonable timely payout for btc via the pool in the background.
Perhaps compensate by higher fees for trc mining when using this port?
kslavik

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:32:41 PM

I'm thinking something like: ppc is most of the time not profitable vs. btc, if you count in nmc merged mining.
So, the interesting is btc vs. trc,, and my thinking is a multi-port for just these two.
The trick would be: BTC would be just port-forwarded to either a large normal(=pplns) pool (like btcguild) ar a pps pool like abcpool(12% fee!).
So a multiport that either directs to trc@multipool or to btc@somewhere else (keep track of network latencies - perhaps some stratum mining proxy as cache?)
Users would need to have same credentials on multipool and btc mining site for this to work.
Multipool wouldn't have to add bitcoin but still could offer a reasonable timely payout for btc via the pool in the background.
Perhaps compensate by higher fees for trc mining when using this port?

I like the idea of forward to a larger pool - it might work great.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

mk4y

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:21:34 PM

would like to see stablecoin on multipool Smiley

loving ya pool so much!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:06:57 AM

FTC pool was down for a couple hours.. It's back up now.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:07:47 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 02:24:44 AM by flound1129

Something is up with FTC: I can see multiple blocks with the same # of confirmations. Is FTC under another attack? Is there a fork?

If so, it should taken out of the multipool auto switch.

Nope, just me being a bad programmer.

Edit: This isn't related to the downtime..  I'm not sure what caused that, feathercoind was just hung..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: