Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:29:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WTParker2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:35:37 AM

I may have found a bug... but no matter what pool i point this too the reported diff is 0. Is that the way it was suppose to be ?

It's like that for all Scrypt mining in BFGMiner AFAIK - something I need to talk to Luke about.

I admire your work, N.
I am looking for a dual mining solution with the PI and 5-chip Gridseeds. Any chance you and Luke will work in that direction?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minoccio

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:54:24 AM

I have bfgminer installed and working on raspbian (I used it some days ago with some antminer). Is it possible to simply add gridseed support?
stef942

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:26:15 AM

is there an authoritative source somewhere to show exactly how to install this on ubuntu/pi for gridseed/lts mining?

^^^^^ That i am wondering as well..

for ubuntu, you can follow this guide (building from source) :

http://minecoin.net/how-to-use-the-miner/
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

My 6 GS5's ran for 30+ hours this time before they stopped mining.

After chasing up this problem and trying to solve it over the last few weeks, I've tried virtually everything short of re-programing the firmware on my miners, which I cannot do - obviously.

Darn it!!!! Right after I went to sleep, it takes a piss! AAarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

I wonder if GridSeed engineers left this but in their miners' firmware?

Has anyone been running their GridSeed Farm 24/7 stably WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION WHATSOEVER?

IF so, please tell me what your configuration is so WE can all set these things and not have to worry about this elusive little bug!!!?Huh

Has anyone come up with a macro to take care of detecting the hault then restarting each miner in cpuminer?
All I need is for it to monitor the window of each miner and when it stops producing yay's for say, 3 or so minutes, it stops the program without closing the window, resets the port, then restarts each miner 5 seconds apart.

Thanks
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:23:46 PM

Has anyone been running their GridSeed Farm 24/7 stably WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION WHATSOEVER?

IF so, please tell me what your configuration is so WE can all set these things and not have to worry about this elusive little bug!!!?Huh

Has anyone come up with a macro to take care of detecting the hault then restarting each miner in cpuminer?

Are you using CPUMiner or BFGMiner? I use the current BFGMiner pre-release with GridSeed support running for days without issue (on Windows).

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:42:26 PM

Are you using CPUMiner or BFGMiner? I use the current BFGMiner pre-release with GridSeed support running for days without issue (on Windows).

Does Multiminer already uses the gridseed compatible ... bfgminer?

EDIT: just saa it is implemented only in v2.8.1... Official support for 1-chip and 5-chip GridSeed ASICs (requires BFGMiner 4.0)

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

"""""cpuminer""""" it's in my post..

so what? What hardware are you using? Are you using direct USB to PC or USB via controller?
anyway....

jeez man calm down... a few points here...

1. Your'e posting in the BFGMiner thread about CPUMiner... shouldn't expect help, but people here are trying to help you anyway.
2. You're being pretty rude to nwoolls who's the guy who coded Gridseed support in BFGMiner.  If anyone can help you, he can... show some respect and maybe he can help.
3. Why don't you try the BFGMiner version with Gridseed support that nwoolls made... it could help you with your stability issues and get rid of some of your obvious stress.
4. How about get a beer, calm down, and then try writing a post that doesn't bite every hand that tries to help you.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:28:22 PM

so what? What hardware are you using? Are you using direct USB to PC or USB via controller?
anyway....

1. Your'e posting in the BFGMiner thread about CPUMiner... shouldn't expect help, but people here are trying to help you anyway.
2. You're being pretty rude to nwoolls who's the guy who coded Gridseed support in BFGMiner.  If anyone can help you, he can... show some respect and maybe he can help.
3. Why don't you try the BFGMiner version with Gridseed support that nwoolls made... it could help you with your stability issues and get rid of some of your obvious stress.
4. How about get a beer, calm down, and then try writing a post that doesn't bite every hand that tries to help you.

This is NO HELP!
DELETE!

poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:26:22 PM

anyway....

+1

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:30:29 PM

anyway....

+1

non-sequitur gibberish!

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:06:06 PM

anyway....

+1

non-sequitur gibberish!

BFGMiner with Gridseed support is pretty stable for me, why not use it instead of CPUMiner, and stop making a fool of yourself... ?

worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:44:01 PM

is there an authoritative source somewhere to show exactly how to install this on ubuntu/pi for gridseed/lts mining?

Ok, so first things first, disclaimer, I'm not a Linux guy, so please forgive me if I'm making a dumb mistake here.  I've also never used bgfminer so I've got that working against me as well. 

Here's what I did to try and build bfgminer on my RasPi to try and run my 5-chip Gridseed miners.  Only problem is that when I start it, bfgminer says no devices found.  Clearly I've screwed the pooch somewhere.  Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------------------------
Steps I took to build BFGMiner from source:

//update my RasPi first
Code:
sudo apt-get update

//saw this on the linux build instructions, so I presume I need these as pre-requisites to compiling bfgminer
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev 
sudo apt-get install libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev

//cloned nwoolls version of bfgminer which has beta support for the miners in question
Code:
git clone https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git

//build it
Code:
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
//Found the flags option in a different set of build instructions but presumed we needed it here as well
./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

//trying to run it
Code:
sudo ./bfgminer -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=850 --failover-only --scrypt -c bfgminer.conf

Here's what my bfgminer.conf looks like for reference:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "GHashIO-1",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://ltc.ghash.io:3333",
                "user" : "worldly.2",
                "pass" : "x",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
        }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24",
"api-listen" : true
}

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:02:42 PM

Ok, so first things first, disclaimer, I'm not a Linux guy, so please forgive me if I'm making a dumb mistake here.  I've also never used bgfminer so I've got that working against me as well. 

Here's what I did to try and build bfgminer on my RasPi to try and run my 5-chip Gridseed miners.  Only problem is that when I start it, bfgminer says no devices found.  Clearly I've screwed the pooch somewhere.  Any help is appreciated.

//update my RasPi first
Code:
sudo apt-get update

//saw this on the linux build instructions, so I presume I need these as pre-requisites to compiling bfgminer
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev 
sudo apt-get install libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev

//cloned nwoolls version of bfgminer which has beta support for the miners in question
Code:

//build it
Code:
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
//Found the flags option in a different set of build instructions but presumed we needed it here as well
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
After it finished this step:
Code:
In the output, did you see "gridseed" listed in the options enabled or in the list of drivers?
sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 08:08:22 PM

Use this
Code:
git clone -b feature/gridseed-support https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer
Instead of
Code:
to include Gridseed support

worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 08:58:06 PM

Use this
Code:
Instead of
Code:
to include Gridseed support

Ok, tried it again with the revised git clone command you provided.

I then used the following command to configure it, and it now does list gridseed in there! Smiley  It's currently compiling now...I'll post again after its done and I've retried running bfgminer.

Code:

Output from the configure command:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bfgminer 3.10.0 configuration options summary
------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFLAGS...............: -pthread -O3 -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 -pthread -Ilibblkmaker
  LDFLAGS..............: -pthread -Llibblkmaker/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libblkmaker/.libs,-zorigin -lpthread -lcurl -ljansson -lncurses -ltinfo -lm -ludev -lusb-1.0 -lrt -lblkmaker_jansson-0.1 -lblkmaker-0.1
  Installation.prefix..: /usr/local

Enabled..Lowlevel....: pci pci:uio usb vcom
  Disabled.Lowlevel....: hid pci:vfio
  Enabled..Drivers.....: antminer avalon bifury bigpic bitforce bitforce:uio bitfury_gpio cairnsmore drillbit erupter gridseed hashbusteravalon hashbusterusb hashfast icarus klondike littlefury modminer proxy proxy:stratum twinfury x6500 ztex
  Disabled.Drivers.....: bfsb cpu hashbuster knc metabank nanofury opencl proxy:getwork
    To enable proxy:getwork, install libmicrohttpd 0.9.5+
    To enable nanofury, install hidapi
    To enable hashbuster, install hidapi
  Enabled..Algorithms..: SHA256d scrypt
  Disabled.Algorithms..:
  Enabled..Options.....: libusb ncurses5
  Disabled.Options.....:

Many thanks for the help guys!!!

worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:14:02 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure this out...here's a revised version of how to compile bfgminer for a RasPi...

//update my RasPi first
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:

Code:

//build it
Code:
cd bfgminer

./autogen.sh

make

sudo make install

sudo ldconfig

//trying to run it
Code:
sudo ./bfgminer -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=850 --failover-only --scrypt -c bfgminer.conf

Here's what my bfgminer.conf looks like for reference:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "GHashIO-1",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://ltc.ghash.io:3333",
                "user" : "worldly.2",
                "pass" : "x",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
        }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24",
"api-listen" : true
}

yeahright

Activity: 297

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:27:52 PM

Thanks sandor111 and worldly I got bfgminer working with both dualminer and gridseed but seems like it is more stable for gridseed than dualminer.
jmordica

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:47:27 AM

One issue I found in the gridseed-support branch of bfgminer is that when bfgminer starts, it never finds all of the devices. If I have 20 of the gridseed 5-chip devices plugged in, it will only show 8-10 randomly. I then have to go into Manage Devices of bfgminer, add devices, and then enter "all". This will eventually find the remaining devices and begin hashing.

This is obviously an issue because if the computer restarts, and bfgminer starts back up on boot, i'm afraid all of the devices will not be hashing.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:02:03 AM

Guess that's what everyone talking all at once can get ya. Pick out the loadest voices and ignore the rest.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:05:00 AM

Have you tried using MultiMiner with BFG?  It is much quicker on finding the devices if they did not initially show up. 

One issue I found in the gridseed-support branch of bfgminer is that when bfgminer starts, it never finds all of the devices. If I have 20 of the gridseed 5-chip devices plugged in, it will only show 8-10 randomly. I then have to go into Manage Devices of bfgminer, add devices, and then enter "all". This will eventually find the remaining devices and begin hashing.

This is obviously an issue because if the computer restarts, and bfgminer starts back up on boot, i'm afraid all of the devices will not be hashing.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks.

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: