Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:40:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lensgrabber

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:09:34 AM

I have been using 5 Antminers without problem for the past couple of months with bfgminer.  I've now got a Gridseed 5 chip and have a couple of questions.

Does the current github bfgminer with Gridseed support dual mode?    I would like to run bfgminer with the 5 Antminers plus the sha side of the Gridseed and another instance of bfgminer with scrypt if this is possible. 

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmordica

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:17:55 AM

Have you tried using MultiMiner with BFG?  It is much quicker on finding the devices if they did not initially show up. 

One issue I found in the gridseed-support branch of bfgminer is that when bfgminer starts, it never finds all of the devices. If I have 20 of the gridseed 5-chip devices plugged in, it will only show 8-10 randomly. I then have to go into Manage Devices of bfgminer, add devices, and then enter "all". This will eventually find the remaining devices and begin hashing.

This is obviously an issue because if the computer restarts, and bfgminer starts back up on boot, i'm afraid all of the devices will not be hashing.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks.

I just tried using MultiMiner and after hitting scan hardware quite a few times, I gave up. Didn't find a thing. BFGMiner by itself will find the hardware eventually but still an issue. I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 and using mono to run MultiMiner.
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:20:05 AM

One issue I found in the gridseed-support branch of bfgminer is that when bfgminer starts, it never finds all of the devices. If I have 20 of the gridseed 5-chip devices plugged in, it will only show 8-10 randomly. I then have to go into Manage Devices of bfgminer, add devices, and then enter "all". This will eventually find the remaining devices and begin hashing.

This is obviously an issue because if the computer restarts, and bfgminer starts back up on boot, i'm afraid all of the devices will not be hashing.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks.
Yes, I have noticed this exact same issue. Initially when I started testing on a pre-compiled for windows found here:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1396-download-bfgminer-3-10-0-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-asics/

I am reading there are different versions of the gridseeds, some with STM32 Virtual COM port driver as well as the older CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller. So maybe that is where some issues are popping up.

So built it from source on a Pi and Ubuntu laptop, with similar results. I did make progress compiling a fork from dtbartle on different miner. (https://github.com/dtbartle) Found hints for it over in the [GUIDE] GridSeed Miner Support/Tuning thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482352.msg5706819#msg5706819 and it's been working solid for 20+ hours on Ubuntu 13.10.

I think we will have to wait for BFGMiner 4.0 for true, native gridseed support. It would be great to spawn one instance for BTC and another instance for LTC/scrypt.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:33:52 AM

Would it be possible to get a version of the Miner that opens and searches for devices then allows you to manage settings. Then waits for you to give it a start command before it tries to connect to the internet and get work?
WTParker2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:15:40 PM

Would it be possible to get a version of the Miner that opens and searches for devices then allows you to manage settings. Then waits for you to give it a start command before it tries to connect to the internet and get work?

Multiminer has a scan feature and waits for you to select a coin/server to start mining.
Saruten

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:21:09 PM

Hi,

I'm havig a problem, bfgminer won't detect my Antminer USB.

I have windows 7 64 bit

Here what I have done :

Install driver CP210x
Reinstall driver with Zadig
Re-install driver with Zadig
Unplug and replug the USB
(bfgminer give me no devices found, i searched on the net, and here what i done)
Check driver controller, and saw Cp2102 in universal serial bus devices
Run -S antminer:all and still 0 devices found

What could be the problem? When someone have no devices found, his problem is resolved with one of the two next solutions, but not for me, what can I do please?
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:28:23 PM

I have windows 7 64 bit

Here what I have done :

Install driver CP210x

You need to completely uninstall the Zadig drivers, including uninstalling the devices in the Control Panel and choosing the option to delete the drivers.

Then install the CP210x drivers and do not install the Zadig drivers.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:29:46 PM

Zadig drivers are the wrong ones.
You need to use these drivers for use in BFG and MultiMiner.
http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

Uninstall the Zadig drivers and then install the new ones and you should be all set.

Happy Mining.

Hi,

I have windows 7 64 bit

Here what I have done :

Install driver CP210x
(bfgminer give me no devices found, i searched on the net, and here what i done)

What could be the problem? When someone have no devices found, his problem is resolved with one of the two next solutions, but not for me, what can I do please?

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

Uninstall the Zadig drivers and then install the new ones and you should be all set.

Happy Mining.

Hi,

I have windows 7 64 bit

Here what I have done :

Install driver CP210x

Agreed.

Zadig = toxic cgminer poison.

Purge it from your system.

Smiley Wink

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:24:51 PM

Is there any way to set seperate workers for each device?
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

Run multiple instances of BFGMiner with different log in stuff for whatever pool you're using...
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:28:46 PM

Run multiple instances of BFGMiner with different log in stuff for whatever pool you're using...

The reason im ask is my effective hashrate is really low with 40 gridseeds. Any ideas anyone?
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:05:56 PM

The reason im ask is my effective hashrate is really low with 40 gridseeds. Any ideas anyone?
I'm seeing the same issues, drop offs in reported hashrate, some devices not seen when started, some going dead after a few minutes. Review my post above for a temp solution until BFG 4.0 comes out. (sorry Linux only)
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:16:37 PM

I'm seeing the same issues, drop offs in reported hashrate, some devices not seen when started, some going dead after a few minutes. Review my post above for a temp solution until BFG 4.0 comes out. (sorry Linux only)

Have you tried BFGMiner on Linux? Your above post indicated that you downloaded a Windows build, had issues, switched to a different app and Linux and had success. It may have been the switch to Linux, not the switch in apps.

I am currently the one working on the GridSeed support. While BTC and Dual Mode support are still planned, I'm not seeing any issues like you have reported. On the other hand I am not testing with 10 and 20 and 40 devices, only a couple and both from the same reseller.

Basically there is no "until 4.0 comes out" as there is nothing yet planned to address these issues. I've got a couple of these running for days at a time on Windows with no drops in hashrate, no issues discovering them, etc.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
vabchgent

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:24:40 PM

Happy Mining.

Hi,

I have windows 7 64 bit

Here what I have done :

Install driver CP210x

I have a small gridseed farm would these drivers allow me to run BFGminer 3.10.0 windows 7 64bit with 2 instances of Bfgminer for dual mining. Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks all  

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:28:02 PM

I have a small gridseed farm would these drivers allow me to run BFGminer 3.10.0 windows 7 64bit with 2 instances of Bfgminer for dual mining. Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks all  

There's only support for Scrypt mining with the 5-chip GridSeed units currently, and it's not official yet (you must compile from a Git branch). There is support for DualMode with the 1-chip DualMiner sticks though (still unofficial, still requires using a separate branch).

vabchgent

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

There's only support for Scrypt mining with the 5-chip GridSeed units currently, and it's not official yet (you must compile from a Git branch). There is support for DualMode with the 1-chip DualMiner sticks though (still unofficial, still requires using a separate branch).

Thanks for your quick response. Is there a plan for dual support for these beasties. because the scrypt part under windows works like a charm under windows with Bfgminer 3.10.0. Thanks

Thanks for creating Bfgminer by the way.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

Have you tried BFGMiner on Linux? Your above post indicated that you downloaded a Windows build, had issues, switched to a different app and Linux and had success. It may have been the switch to Linux, not the switch in apps.

I am currently the one working on the GridSeed support. While BTC and Dual Mode support are still planned, I'm not seeing any issues like you have reported. On the other hand I am not testing with 10 and 20 and 40 devices, only a couple and both from the same reseller.

Basically there is no "until 4.0 comes out" as there is nothing yet planned to address these issues. I've got a couple of these running for days at a time on Windows with no drops in hashrate, no issues discovering them, etc.
And I thank you for your support, appreciate your many contributions, including this new 5-chip device.
I have tried both pre-compiled windows and Linux, compiled by me from your branch. It will work fine with a few, but not with 20+, it's all over the place, and fails in ways I have mentioned. I must have misread a post about a 4.0 version coming out, if that is not the case I stand corrected.

I always prefer Linux over Windows for mining, and only use a Windows miner as the last resort until I can get something figured out or working under Linux. I am not a programmer, but I will compile and tinker with any and all hints I can find to get things working. To me that is half the fun. What I do know is that I have a working solution now, maybe as a programmer and understanding code better you can see what he is doing under the hood and incorporate it into your branch as well? (https://github.com/dtbartle) Whatever is fair as open source goes.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:50:50 PM

Thanks for your quick response. Is there a plan for dual support for these beasties. because the scrypt part under windows works like a charm under windows with Bfgminer 3.10.0. Thanks

Absolutely - BTC and Dual Mode support are planned before GridSeed support is official. What exists now is just a preview.

Thanks for creating Bfgminer by the way.

It's the work of many - I'm just helping where I can.  Smiley

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:54:02 PM

And I thank you for your support, appreciate your many contributions, including this new 5-chip device.
I have tried both pre-compiled windows and Linux, compiled by me from your branch. It will work fine with a few, but not with 20+, it's all over the place, and fails in ways I have mentioned. I must have misread a post about a 4.0 version coming out, if that is not the case I stand corrected.

There's definitely a 4.0 coming - I was just stating there isn't some fix that is planned for 4.0 that is being held back now. Right now I am planning on BTC and Dual Mode support. After that we'll reevaluate how stable things are and I may have to work directly with folks with larger supplies or try to work out some way to reproduce the issue.

Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: