Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:02:02 AM

is this project dead?
I do not think its dead signature campaign still looks alive and growing by the day  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1771609.0

Dev might be coming back when new system is lunched Huh
chronek

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:08:40 AM

is this project dead?

for now..

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
weilichesbin

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

Best Pic.Good idea dude

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 05:24:44 PM by drays

It's kind of funny to me... I warn people that this is a bad investment *BEFORE THE ICO* and get bashed for it. Now the same people are crying because they feel like they got ripped off. Seriously? I told you. I even explained WHY it was a bad investment. I can't even feel bad for anyone who threw money into it at this point because the signs were so clear and obvious.

To me your post looks really funny. You advised people not to invest in this ICO, and you think that was a good advise?  Shocked
You better check things out before posting: this ICO was one of the most successful investments of last year. ICO investors have made from 5x to 20x on their investment, and even now, after all the craziness and dumps, the coin trades at 3x-4x the ICO price!

Do you still think was advice was good?

"My friend put $100 into a known Ponzi and got back $200 before the owner ran and everyone lost. But that was a good investment. I mean, I made 100% ROI so that's good, right?"

That's how I read your post.

Just because you profit off of people stupider than you doesn't make something a good investment. It's like saying going all-in with 2/8 OS in poker is a good move because "one time I won!" No. Statistically you're screwing yourself.

I see your point. But things are not that simple.

Practically 100% of crypto projects are going to be abandoned at some [random] points in not so far future. Thats because technology is evolving, new things arise, and old ones are forgotten. Some projects deliver more before being abandoned, some deliver less. Vidz has delivered something, and that *something* is even going to be used now by another project(even two).

Calling Vidz "ponzi", while backing other crypto projects with tradeable assets, sounds hypocritical to me. They all are ponzi, to some extent. But those are "ponzi" with some good output, not only gambling. So Vidz were - it helped to develop some tech, inspired new projects, and helped to identify new possibilities for development. Thats all any good project could dream to achieve.

The only point which makes Vidz stand out, is everything happened much faster than with most other crypto projects, both good things, and bad ones. Still, the story is not over.

FWIW, I never said that PV, as a project, is bad. In fact, even when I said it was a horrible investment, I noted that the idea and concept behind the technology was awesome (and is why I still follow it to this day). The issue is their business model was going to be an absolute failure. Whether the creator ran or not, you were not going to ROI. It wasn't just improbable, it was nearly impossible. A good investment requires a greater chance of successfully returning ROI than not. This wasn't going to match that.

People bidding up the price on the coins was exactly what a Ponzi would do. There was nothing backing it. The business wasn't profitable, it had no way of really returning enough capital to MAKE it profitable, and therefore the only thing propping up prices was hoping someone was stupid enough to buy it for more than you did. Protip: that's exactly what a Ponzi does and how it works. You're paid by people putting money in after you, in a system that can't possibly exist in a profitable manner.

It's the same concept in the fiat world. You don't invest your money because something looks cool, you do it because their business model makes sense, you have faith that they will earn a profit, and you're banking on their success. If you just throw your money at everyone who says "I have a cool idea" but no business sense, you're going to go broke quickly.

The same concept? What is the business model of Bitcoin and Ethereum then? Do you think they have some business plan to bring ROI to current investors? And you invest because you have faith they will earn a profit, and you are banking on their success? Smiley

If we take your definitions as granted, both Bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies are pure ponzi, because they are exactly based on speculation, not on profit brought by some business model.

IMHO this is all about technological advancements, and also being 'cool', why not. Probably our views are different, as you probably come from business/money world, while I am tech guy by education. So our values are different.

... this space is not for rent ...
tamer3

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 12:49:55 PM

Why do not you close the topic in the absence of the developer?

Bigbrowndingleberry

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 01:15:34 PM

If you never started the thread how can you close it lol Also why would anyone want to close such a beautiful thread?
chronek

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 01:33:28 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 01:46:45 PM by chronek

If you never started the thread how can you close it lol Also why would anyone want to close such a beautiful thread?

Yes, this thread gives more entertainment than project itself promised to us

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:24:38 PM

Oh boy what have i missed? lool Cheesy

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 03:31:29 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 11:00:41 PM by logictense

Oh yeah. U nailed it bro. Those heels need a scrapper to wipe the bottom skin of a foot off the flaking skin. I may go for some shopping on vidz only if it hits polo, but from the looks of it vidz is not gonna land on poloniex anytime time. Maybe vidz will be added before 2023 so I can enjoy the feeling of being a shitholder - the feeling u all are familiar with.

andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:34:48 PM

Is it just me or yesterday there were 323 pages in the thread and now there are only 320?
hd4u

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:36:37 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 04:23:24 PM by hd4u

https://i.imgur.com/YdAQvUo.jpg
coming soon
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 03:40:09 PM

Alright seems that vidz is officially lending

Rekt my 1.5k buy in satoshi :/
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 04:32:53 PM

It's kind of funny to me... I warn people that this is a bad investment *BEFORE THE ICO* and get bashed for it. Now the same people are crying because they feel like they got ripped off. Seriously? I told you. I even explained WHY it was a bad investment. I can't even feel bad for anyone who threw money into it at this point because the signs were so clear and obvious.

To me your post looks really funny. You advised people not to invest in this ICO, and you think that was a good advise?  Shocked
You better check things out before posting: this ICO was one of the most successful investments of last year. ICO investors have made from 5x to 20x on their investment, and even now, after all the craziness and dumps, the coin trades at 3x-4x the ICO price!

Do you still think was advice was good?

"My friend put $100 into a known Ponzi and got back $200 before the owner ran and everyone lost. But that was a good investment. I mean, I made 100% ROI so that's good, right?"

That's how I read your post.

Just because you profit off of people stupider than you doesn't make something a good investment. It's like saying going all-in with 2/8 OS in poker is a good move because "one time I won!" No. Statistically you're screwing yourself.

I see your point. But things are not that simple.

Practically 100% of crypto projects are going to be abandoned at some [random] points in not so far future. Thats because technology is evolving, new things arise, and old ones are forgotten. Some projects deliver more before being abandoned, some deliver less. Vidz has delivered something, and that *something* is even going to be used now by another project(even two).

Calling Vidz "ponzi", while backing other crypto projects with tradeable assets, sounds hypocritical to me. They all are ponzi, to some extent. But those are "ponzi" with some good output, not only gambling. So Vidz were - it helped to develop some tech, inspired new projects, and helped to identify new possibilities for development. Thats all any good project could dream to achieve.

The only point which makes Vidz stand out, is everything happened much faster than with most other crypto projects, both good things, and bad ones. Still, the story is not over.

FWIW, I never said that PV, as a project, is bad. In fact, even when I said it was a horrible investment, I noted that the idea and concept behind the technology was awesome (and is why I still follow it to this day). The issue is their business model was going to be an absolute failure. Whether the creator ran or not, you were not going to ROI. It wasn't just improbable, it was nearly impossible. A good investment requires a greater chance of successfully returning ROI than not. This wasn't going to match that.

People bidding up the price on the coins was exactly what a Ponzi would do. There was nothing backing it. The business wasn't profitable, it had no way of really returning enough capital to MAKE it profitable, and therefore the only thing propping up prices was hoping someone was stupid enough to buy it for more than you did. Protip: that's exactly what a Ponzi does and how it works. You're paid by people putting money in after you, in a system that can't possibly exist in a profitable manner.

It's the same concept in the fiat world. You don't invest your money because something looks cool, you do it because their business model makes sense, you have faith that they will earn a profit, and you're banking on their success. If you just throw your money at everyone who says "I have a cool idea" but no business sense, you're going to go broke quickly.

You are conflating "ponzi" and "speculative bubble"... which are completely different things.

This not only a HUGE legal distinction, since "ponzi" is specifically defined in law...
But you ignore the fact that 90% of crypto, junior tech, junior gold, junior oll/gas securities are "speculative bubbles"...
Because ** there is no way to rationally determine if a startup will succeed or even plans to **...
But many experts are quite successful trading and/or manipulating "speculative bubbles" where everything is relative.

And your poker analogy was off base...
Buying VIDZ at the ICO 85 sats may have been a "77", a decent hand... buying VIDZ at 1500 sat on Yobit was "28o"  Cheesy

In general, crypto is a new Zero Sum Game of Skill...
And this was demonstrated perfectly in a 6 week time frame by PureVidz...
Where experienced players got out with big profits... but n00bs are now bagholders.

And your last paragraph about "business models/sense" makes no sense where there is zero legal accountability...
There are only "shiny objects" here... and PureVidz was one hell of a "shiny object" for 6 weeks".
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:03:26 PM

coming soon

Here bud, have a little visibility, lol.
chronek

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:27:00 PM

coming soon

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
tamer3

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 05:31:15 PM

coming soon
Really tired of this project

UnunoctiumTesticles

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:52:31 PM

LOL !!! Could have made millions
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:30:31 PM

coming soon

Good work guys, I expect more uploads from the team. I think people choose to under estimate the value of this project and is disturbing.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Freakiii

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:39:50 PM

Idk if anyone noticed but someone continuously keeps deleting posts.
Kamosdeaquario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:29:14 PM

FUD
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: