Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:59:05 PM

This looks a cryptonote fork packed with security add-ons and goodies borrowed from Tor coin. Since it's POS only, it might be more reluctant to dumps than pure POW tokens or POW + POS hybrids. I love POS since it goes on with lower and more gradual progression to of hard accumulation than POW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:30:08 PM

ICO ended already? no bounty for signature?

We don't have any SPEC bounties for anything. Now that the ICO is done the only way to get SPEC is on the exchanges.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:42:05 PM

VOTE AT C-CEX

We have been added to the C-Cex voting list, so please vote for us:

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&coin=spec
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:23:30 PM

Will the mobile ("lite") version require internet for completing a transaction btw? Is it instant or does it rather require verification of the transaction by other peers?

@mandica

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
dvachayu

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:24:26 PM

Good luck!  Smiley
scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 06:07:30 AM

This is a joke right? Shadowcash was deanonymized by xmr dev in one day because sdc devs don't know first thing about how ring signatures work. Tor is also poor privacy network, which is why xmr is including i2p integration instead. zeroknowledge proofs are a bad thing in crypto because they are a trusted-setup technical failure. "SPEC is the most private and anonymous cryptocurrency network today." - this is quite a statement with zero technical reasoning.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:35:37 AM

This is a joke right? Shadowcash was deanonymized by xmr dev in one day because sdc devs don't know first thing about how ring signatures work. Tor is also poor privacy network, which is why xmr is including i2p integration instead. zeroknowledge proofs are a bad thing in crypto because they are a trusted-setup technical failure. "SPEC is the most private and anonymous cryptocurrency network today." - this is quite a statement with zero technical reasoning.

You certainly know how to embarrass yourself @scaryvirus by claiming technical knowledge, do some basic research before you attempt to FUD and you will find that

(1) Yes, SDC was deanonymised by XMR devs which was widely publicised, or rather a tech fault was pointed out.
https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/issues/25#issuecomment-183024476

(2) The bounty was paid by the SDC team after they acknowledged the error and worked with XMR devs on a fix
https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/issues/25#issuecomment-189946249

(3) The SDC team implemented a fix in the Phoenix - v1.4.0.0 of SDC in March 2016 and the ring signatures have been implemented correctly ever since.

(4) SPEC was created with the ring-signature fix already implemented and so has never had this issue

(5) The SPEC implementation of Tor will mean a fork so that no exit node is ever used and the entire network is hidden. There is no bleed through to the clearnet. Tor has a much larger user base and scalability and the primary function is simply to obscure the IP address of the user in case of an attack. The actual anonymity features are within the SPEC code. It is simply an extra layer of obfuscation to make an attack harder. You will find it hard on technical grounds to argue that I2P is better at hiding you IP than Tor. It is not impossible that we might also implement I2P or let you choose when you run the wallet.

So, please educate yourself @scaryvirus or at least do some basic research before you attempt to FUD...
JoeyDaMan7

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 08:24:47 AM

We already have Monero for "anonymous currency with ring signatures". Isn't this a little redundant? Or is there a significant difference between the two coins that I'm not seeing here.
Quartz-Team

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:01:34 AM

We already have Monero for "anonymous currency with ring signatures". Isn't this a little redundant? Or is there a significant difference between the two coins that I'm not seeing here.

I think competition is great and it might keep devs on their toes and feet and try to make things better. Isn't your statement a bit like saying, "oh, we have BMW so we don't need Mercedes". Why should consumers settle for one brand when someone else might improve on the the concept. Free market and competition is healthy, so go SPEC and prove them wrong...
Black Mamba

Activity: 656

Don't Trust Words

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:32:36 AM

Hi !

What was the ico price of this coin ?

poloniexwhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:32:26 AM

Hi !

What was the ico price of this coin ?

I also want to know this, I heard this coin now is 3000 sat, or 0.00003 btc per spec, if dev keeps delivering, the price will go up more.

JoeyDaMan7

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:58:24 AM

I think competition is great and it might keep devs on their toes and feet and try to make things better. Isn't your statement a bit like saying, "oh, we have BMW so we don't need Mercedes". Why should consumers settle for one brand when someone else might improve on the the concept. Free market and competition is healthy, so go SPEC and prove them wrong...

You're right. I think I'd just prefer that there's one of every idea or innovation so it makes it easier for me to know what ICO's/projects are worth keeping my eye on, but no, there's nothing wrong with competition. It sounds like a good project from what I'm reading here. I'm still a huge Monero enthusiast and if I happen to hear about Spectrecoin on the news a couple years from now, I'll be really surprised. xD
Testudoguy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:05:07 PM

You're right. I think I'd just prefer that there's one of every idea or innovation so it makes it easier for me to know what ICO's/projects are worth keeping my eye on, but no, there's nothing wrong with competition. It sounds like a good project from what I'm reading here. I'm still a huge Monero enthusiast and if I happen to hear about Spectrecoin on the news a couple years from now, I'll be really surprised. xD

How much did ico gather btc? What was the end
Ico price in usd?
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:52:10 PM

The difference is in the App. There hasn't been much information given yet on what kind of protocol the app will use, but apparently it will be more than just a mobile wallet for an anonymous currency. This app is meant to enable ordinary people to use Spectre on a daily basis for their payments, while retaining their privacy and not requiring much of a banking infrastructure.

The whole project is about Spectre.Cash, which is what the currency for mobile use will be called. The network, which is similar to SDC, just acts as a backbone network.

The ICO was meant as a crowdfunding for this app, for the case you're still wondering. It raised a very low amount, like 13 BTC I think.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
sulfurtank

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:16:33 PM

Ico price in usd?

Around 400 bucks per coin. ICO wasnt successful. It ended just like ur life. Despair, decay and terrifying consequences of losing son in a military operation led u to mental and physical degradation, which is a reasonably expected outcome for a person with little to no achievements in his life.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:26:18 PM

Ico price in usd?

Around 400 bucks per coin. ICO wasnt successful. It ended just like ur life. Despair, decay and terrifying consequences of losing son in a military operation led u to mental and physical degradation, which is a reasonably expected outcome for a person with little to no achievements in his life.

The ICO raised just over 16BTC and the price per coin was 83 Sats. Now, wait for a few days or weeks and see if the price goes above 83 Sats and then ask yourself how you didn't get involved. We have a team that works for free and the 16 BTC will suffice to take us to a point where our SPEC supply will sustain development. I can just about guarantee a profit for our investors. You can FUD and shit on us all you want but we will prevail.

83 Sats for a really good stable 20 mill supply anonymous coin that will surpass its predecessor SDC? No way.......

If you didn't invest you lost, now deal with...
mandica (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:36:43 PM

A couple of new resources:

https://www.coinhills.com/market/spec/

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/
(the available supply is wrong and I have PMd @Gliss to update, marketcap should be around 140BTC)
sulfurtank

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:16:38 PM

They didn't pretend to know anything about monero's tech. SDC was an embarrassment stemming from ccex basement. As far as I remember, it was an ICO by Chumbium Gerald, the guy known for his shady affairs with counterfeiting chips for motorola cell phones. Aside from that, he has trolled random people in his hometown multiple time since he moved in to underground neighborhood. I can shred a little light on it and tell u what he has done. He has stopped strangers on the street and screamed next to their ears.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:41:34 PM

They didn't pretend to know anything about monero's tech. SDC was an embarrassment stemming from ccex basement. As far as I remember, it was an ICO by Chumbium Gerald, the guy known for his shady affairs with counterfeiting chips for motorola cell phones. Aside from that, he has trolled random people in his hometown multiple time since he moved in to underground neighborhood. I can shred a little light on it and tell u what he has done. He has stopped strangers on the street and screamed next to their ears.

What in God's name are you on about? SDC started as a PoW coin and the transitioned to PoS and didn't have an ICO. WTF is Chumbium Gerald?
Quartz-Team

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:44:33 PM

I think this is a thread for Spectre and not SDC? sulfurtank, you are in the wrong thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: