Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2164073 times)
josh_ramone

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:39:54 PM

Hey guys,

I have a GPU Asus GTX 770 and I have been trying to mine BTCZ using EWBF miner.

I am using the following command:

miner --server btczpool.com --port 3032 --user xxxxxxxx.Nvidia01 --pass x --pec

Where xxxxx is my wallet hash. I add a pause on .bat file and I have got the error:

+-------------------------------------------------+
|         EWBF's Zcash CUDA miner. 0.3.4b         |
INFO: Current pool: btczpool.com:3032
INFO: Selected pools: 1
INFO: Solver: Auto.
INFO: Devices: All.
INFO: Temperature limit: 90
INFO: Api: Disabled
---------------------------------------------------
INFO: Target: 00a0000000000000...
INFO: Detected new work: df1f
ERROR: Stratum authorization error

I tried to mine usgin a hash wallet of a friend and it worked fine but with mine wallet doesn't work. How can I make sure that I have a valid wallet and make it work?

Is there any solution for it?

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypper

Activity: 239
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:55:06 PM

Hey guys,

Where xxxxx is my wallet hash. I add a pause on .bat file and I have got the error:

I tried to mine usgin a hash wallet of a friend and it worked fine but with mine wallet doesn't work. How can I make sure that I have a valid wallet and make it work?

Thank you!

As the error states - you have an authorisation problem. Just like a guy above you - you probably (almost certainly) made a syntax mistake. Since you chose to mine on some unpopular (and honestly unknown to me) pool hardly anyone will be able to help you with the syntax so easy from the top of his head. It will require digging into your pool's faqs.
Good options for you would be:
1. figure it out on your own
2. pay someone to figure it out for you
3. switch to one of popular pools (flypool, suprnova, MPH, etc) and then ask for help if you still have problems (also probably on that pool's forum rather than here, since it's miner's forum and your problem is pool related)
Atronoss

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:39:03 PM

Darn, you're right. I made an account on the ZCL suprnova pool but that .bat was for zec. It is working now.

However earlier i did try changing the .bat to a ZCL pool and it gave me the error "Cannot connect to the pool" when i use miner --server zcl.suprnova.cc --user Thorscrypto28.user1 --pass x --port 2142

Suprnova uses the same login and password and the same workers across all of their pools. So the problem was not in registering for zcl and setting bat for ZEC. It should have worked anyways. Probably your account activation lagged and it's OK now.

Yes and no, since workers are specific for each pool, at least for ZEC and HUSH as example. So his user name was right, but workers weren't (they did not existed).
Atronoss

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:13:33 PM

Hey guys,

Thank you!

First, I never heard calling it wallet "hash", it is an address, and I believe that address should at least start with "t1...". Be aware of using Z address since they are not supported by many pools. As I quick checked, that Btczpool works like Flypool, you dont need to register and create workers name and password, therefore only possible problem is your wallet address.

If this example works and start mining in your case...

miner --server btczpool.com --port 3032 --user t1J8cr8T5nPcogt4cSAp3tDDeYAeHF6s7t4.Nvidia01 --pass x --pec

...then try to get wallet address from officially supported BitcoinZ wallets here:

https://btcz.rocks/en/#wallets

Also in worst case you can show us your whole config file even with address, since address itself does not compromising security, you only have to make sure to not share your private keys.
cablesces

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:35:47 PM

Is it because of the difficulty, it's mining easier shares and thus able to mine more of them?

Yes, but they cost less. So all in all you'll get the same number of coins per card (appx)

Thanks - I'm just curious why it's doing that? I would've just expected to see 1/6th the difficult shares, instead of the same number of easy shares.
Atronoss

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:17:27 PM

Is it because of the difficulty, it's mining easier shares and thus able to mine more of them?

Yes, but they cost less. So all in all you'll get the same number of coins per card (appx)

Thanks - I'm just curious why it's doing that? I would've just expected to see 1/6th the difficult shares, instead of the same number of easy shares.

It might adjust the difficulty to whole rig I guess, since you are connecting under one worker name? Even more, I think as opposite to EWBF, the DSTMs miner used before one connection for every single GPU, but there were some CPU load related problems, so I guess EWBF use single connection for whole rig.
josh_ramone

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:47:58 AM

Hey guys,

Thank you!

First, I never heard calling it wallet "hash", it is an address, and I believe that address should at least start with "t1...". Be aware of using Z address since they are not supported by many pools. As I quick checked, that Btczpool works like Flypool, you dont need to register and create workers name and password, therefore only possible problem is your wallet address.

If this example works and start mining in your case...

miner --server btczpool.com --port 3032 --user t1J8cr8T5nPcogt4cSAp3tDDeYAeHF6s7t4.Nvidia01 --pass x --pec

...then try to get wallet address from officially supported BitcoinZ wallets here:

https://btcz.rocks/en/#wallets

Also in worst case you can show us your whole config file even with address, since address itself does not compromising security, you only have to make sure to not share your private keys.

Thank you Atronoss.

Now I have the right wallet. I was using the ZenCash wallet, which is recomended on the btczpool.com website. The wallet address generated by ZenCash start with z and not t1. Using the BitcoinZ Wallet, it starts with t1 and now I have the right wallet. It is the first time I am dealing with CriptoCurrencies.

Not sure if the btczpool.com is the best pool to miner BTCZ, but I am studying about it.

Thank you
Bluemustang

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:40:06 AM

I'm mining ZCL and my miner reports around 620Sol/s but on the dashboard of my suprnova account page it shows my hashrate fluctuating wildly between 450ish sol/s to over 700 sol/s. Furthermore whattomine.com says with 620 sol/s i should be making just under $7 per 24 hours. Calculating how much ZCL i've made so far (been running about 10 hours) im only making a little under $5/24h.

This doesnt look right does it?

Clixus

Activity: 126

Kripto Para Uzmani ve Yatirimcisi

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:47:18 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 05:10:36 AM by Clixus

I have a this problem do you think why and how can i solve this problem ?

Donation : 14VAaVMc2Je7gQcD7Fhtt6X3rd4vaBiPMw
cablesces

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:16:01 AM

I have a this problem do you think why and how can i solve this problem ?

https://i.hizliresim.com/z0vy64.jpg

Looks like your GPU is crashed. Restart your computer and turn off any overclocks?
jrrccmining

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:22:23 AM

I'm mining ZCL and my miner reports around 620Sol/s but on the dashboard of my suprnova account page it shows my hashrate fluctuating wildly between 450ish sol/s to over 700 sol/s. Furthermore whattomine.com says with 620 sol/s i should be making just under $7 per 24 hours. Calculating how much ZCL i've made so far (been running about 10 hours) im only making a little under $5/24h.

https://i.imgur.com/FDlsyiy.jpg

That’s right. Just read the bottom of the Suprnova dashboard: “Refresh interval: 60 seconds, worker and account 60 seconds. Hashrate based on shares submitted in the past 5 minutes.”

Also, WhatToMine is based on an expected reward you can earn per day. The amount you earn per day depends on how many blocks the pool you mine with finds and what your payout is. Suprnova is an okay ZCL pool, but their hash is pretty low compared to others and they find less blocks per 24 hours as well. That’s all relative to how many people are mining and what your % of the reward is, but I wouldn’t mind ZCL there.
crypper

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:32:03 AM

Yes and no, since workers are specific for each pool, at least for ZEC and HUSH as example. So his user name was right, but workers weren't (they did not existed).

Yes, you are right, his workers didn't exist and that was the problem. But you can use the same workers and passwords for all the accounts - just FYI. Nevertheless, it's solved. Happy mining.
crypper

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:46:06 AM

That’s right. Just read the bottom of the Suprnova dashboard: “Refresh interval: 60 seconds, worker and account 60 seconds. Hashrate based on shares submitted in the past 5 minutes.”

Also, WhatToMine is based on an expected reward you can earn per day. The amount you earn per day depends on how many blocks the pool you mine with finds and what your payout is. Suprnova is an okay ZCL pool, but their hash is pretty low compared to others and they find less blocks per 24 hours as well. That’s all relative to how many people are mining and what your % of the reward is, but I wouldn’t mind ZCL there.

This is not right. They find fewer blocks, but they distribute the reward between fewer people; so you reward should be ~the same on any pool. The reason is that difficulty and price of the coin fluctuates during the day. You took a snapshot of $7 per 24 h, but that doesn't meen it was constant through the day, now it may be $5 or $9. Plus we don't know how stable your miner is: reconnects, bad shares, pool and miner's fees,  etc; all adds up.
Atronoss

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:21:17 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 09:43:25 AM by Atronoss

https://i.imgur.com/FDlsyiy.jpg

This is not right. They find fewer blocks, but they distribute the reward between fewer people; so you reward should be ~the same on any pool. The reason is that difficulty and price of the coin fluctuates during the day. You took a snapshot of $7 per 24 h, but that doesn't meen it was constant through the day, now it may be $5 or $9. Plus we don't know how stable your miner is: reconnects, bad shares, pool and miner's fees,  etc; all adds up.

And again, you are not right, since in short run, like one day, the LUCK plays a role. Smaller pool sometimes doesn't not find the block for a half of day, and some days it can find three blocks almost in a row plus some additional over day. So your day to day payouts would differ significantly, but let it run whole month and probability and luck doesn't play a role anymore (or very less significant).

He ran the miner for 10 hours, if Suprnova is small pool for ZCL, then luck matters.

For other things, you are right of course, that matters too, but mining on small pool shortly is tricky.
crypper

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:45:52 AM

And again, you are not right, since in short run, like one day, the LUCK plays a role. Smaller pool sometimes doesn't not find the block for a half of day, and some days it can find three blocks almost in a row plus some additional over day. So your day to day payouts would differ significantly, but let it run whole month and probability and luck doesn't play a role anymore (or very less significant).

He ran the miner for 10 hours, if Suprnova is small pool for ZCL, then luck matters.

Nope, here I'm right. Suprnova is 25% of overall hashrate for ZCL. With their hash power block time should be ~10 min and they should find ~150 blocks per day (that's my best estimate, you can check and give us more accurate numbers). So.... everything else is I guess clear.

Atronoss

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:01:56 AM

Nope, here I'm right. Suprnova is 25% of overall hashrate for ZCL. With their hash power block time should be ~10 min and they should find ~150 blocks per day (that's my best estimate, you can check and give us more accurate numbers). So.... everything else is I guess clear.

OK, yes, if it is that big, it doesn't matter in his/this case of course. I meant you said "reward should be ~the same on any pool", and yes it should, but only on long run (month), but it can differ a lot in just days.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:04:29 AM

suprnova sucks that's why id try to find a different zcl pool, I tried to mine zcash there at supernova and I ended up switching to flypool lol

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:39:11 AM

What is the processor's speed of this EWBF's Zcash cuda miner to further understand and appreciate
the fastness of mining process.Hence, determining how long it takes to complete a mining cycle.Talking also
about version, does it mean there is going to be another version upgrade of this same coin in the future?
crypper

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

What is the processor's speed of this EWBF's Zcash cuda miner to further understand and appreciate
the fastness of mining process.Hence, determining how long it takes to complete a mining cycle.Talking also
about version, does it mean there is going to be another version upgrade of this same coin in the future?

Dude, no offence but do you understand what you are talking about? What is "processor's speed", "mining cycle" and "fastness of mining"?
crypper

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:53:37 AM

suprnova sucks that's why id try to find a different zcl pool, I tried to mine zcash there at supernova and I ended up switching to flypool lol

Flypool for ZEC would be my choice too; in fact it was until I discovered MiningPoolHub. ZEC is far not the most profitable coin to mine at the moment. At MPH you can switch easily between coins (or even set up autoswitch) and autoexchange mined coins to a coin of your choice. So mine whatever is most profitable at the moment and get paid in whatever you prefer (ZEC if you wish). Highly recommend.
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: