Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:12:37 AM

I am all in on qtum page devs or team members can you plz share the BTC add on which you have collected or store all the fund .....
The fund is in a black box! It's safe, if you believe in the team.

Yes, believe in the team that said prior to the ICO that they would be transparent, then went silent after the ICO. Remember BFL needing to do pre-sales so that they could build their line of miners because they didn't have the money themselves? Well, guess what? They had $25M+ in their coffer when they were crying that they were broke thanks to ... wait for it ... info provided via the blockchain.

Here's why Qtum won't release any blockchain vitals: Because they're yellow!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:14:12 AM

I am all in on qtum page devs or team members can you plz share the BTC add on which you have collected or store all the fund .....

Yes, believe in the team that said prior to the ICO that they would be transparent, then went silent after the ICO. Remember BFL needing to do pre-sales so that they could build their line of miners because they didn't have the money themselves? Well, guess what? They had $25M+ in their coffer when they were crying that they were broke thanks to ... wait for it ... info provided via the blockchain.

what will happen if they release it?  Smiley
cybterpunk

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:34:26 AM

also why you are still here?

i think you find a better job now?

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:59:55 AM

Name:   cybterpunk
Activity:   84
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   January 28, 2017, 08:22:39 PM
Last Active:   Today at 07:38:34 PM

Translated: Go fuck yourself! Obviously, you don't have a motherfuckin clue as to why I'm here so, again, go fuck yourself!

For those not assholes playing at home, let's recap:

Prior to the ICO, Qtum promised full transparency.
After supposedly garnering $15M+, all transparency has been taken off the table after the ICO ended.

For those who are assholes, what part of "you've been fuckin lied to" don't you understand?
cybterpunk

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:21:19 AM

Translated: Go fuck yourself! Obviously, you don't have a motherfuckin clue as to why I'm here so, again, go fuck yourself!

After supposedly garnering $15M+, all transparency has been taken off the table after the ICO ended.

For those who are assholes, what part of "you've been fuckin lied to" don't you understand?

you lose your mind, your silly old man. and yes.. you are crazy.
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 03:21:57 AM

Despite all these dramas, Qtum is still one of the most innovative and promising platforms in 2017.

if the development team can delivery the project on time, then Qtum will be the first POS Smart Contact platform with compatible with EVM.

and personally i think the UTXO model has more flexibility than account model. that's maybe some advantage of Qtum project.

and i like the "Go Mobile" strategy. No one want to use the DAPP in their PC computer.
Yeah I can't wait to see if this really allows Ethereum style DAPPs to be functional on mobile devices without requiring what's essentially a centralized server to actually run the DAPP (which honestly rather ruins the point of anything being a distributed app).  Having people sync a huge blockchain to run DAPPs is completely impractical even if you prune the Ethereum blockchain, nobody wants to download a 4GB of blockchain data just to use a DAPP and the fact that the blockchain would keep eating up more and more space on devices is a huge problem.

Regardless of whether the ICO was particularly transparent or had a lot of risks the ideas behind Qtum are legitimately important things to help bring forth the next generation of blockchain tech.  If it really works we'll finally be able to use blockchains anywhere and everywhere.

The use of SPV lite wallets allows mobile devices to not have to download an entire blockchain. You nailed it completely here, the mobile market is enormous.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:23:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TucgSvwTDHo

Qtum Mobile Wallet & iMessage Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TucgSvwTDHo

will this support Android version too?

or only IOS version?

thank you

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:25:10 AM

https://coinreport.net/qtum-raises-15m/

Qtum raises $15m+ in five days

Singapore-based Qtum Foundation said in a press release CoinReport received that it has raised over $15 million in a record five days, with the project becoming among the all-time top 10 blockchain token crowdsale campaigns.

Funds raised will finance the Qtum Foundation’s operation for the next four years, including financial/legal consulting, administration, marketing and development.

Qtum (pronounced “Quantum”) sold $10 million worth of its tokens (QTUMs) in a mere 90 minutes on the first day. By comparison, Ethereum, which is now the #2 cryptocurrency by market capitalization with a valuation of $3.6 billion, took 42 days to raise $18 million.

Qtum is a hybrid blockchain application platform. Its core technology combines a fork of bitcoin core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, including the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), and a Proof-of-stake Consensus protocol, aimed at tackling industry use cases. Details on the Qtum concept can be found in the Foundation’s white papers.

At the end of the crowdsale, which was scheduled to last 30 days or until all QTUMs were sold, the project raised 11,000 bitcoins and 75,000 ethers (ETHs) in exchange for the 51 million QTUMs.

Rather than sending QTUMs to a single crowdsale address, Qtum designated six digital currency crowdfunding websites/exchanges to carry out the sale in a harmonized manner. The participating websites included BTC9, Yunbi, Bizhongchou, Allcoin, ICOAGE and ICO365.

“We are confident that we can finish what we originally started a year ago. We hope our supporters can work with us to build the greatest blockchain platform for enterprise and consumer use cases. There are so many possibilities for the blockchain industry, with Qtum, we are just at the beginning of a long journey,” said Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project.

There are three main ways the total QTUM supply will be allocated. 51 percent of QTUMs (51 million) will be distributed through the now-completed crowdsale. Of the rest of the 49 percent, 29 percent of QTUMs (29 million) will be assigned to community initiatives regarding research, education, business development and market expansion. 20 percent of QTUMs (20 million) will be distributed among the development team, early backers and founders. More details are outlined in the Foundation’s governance white paper.

“Since we began this project, I have been excited about its premise. Now, this excitement has been validated and shared by thousands of backers. Qtum will bring about a new blockchain and smart contract revolution and will bring together the many disparate communities into one common goal of action,” commented Jordan Earls, co-founder of the Qtum Project.

Qtum has previously raised $1 million from investors including Chen Weixing (Founder of Kuaidi), Star Xu (CEO of OkCoin), Anthony Di Iorio (Founder of Ethereum & Jaxx Blockchain Interface), Jeremy Gardner (co-founder of Augur), Bo Shen (Fenbushi Capital’s Managing Partner), Roger Ver (First Investor in Bitcoin Companies), and Xiaolai Li (blockchain angel investor).

Qtum recently announced that PwC, one of the leading providers of professional services, will support Qtum’s efforts to help fuel blockchain adoption across global business sectors.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:25:46 AM

any partnership with other project? and how many users participate the crowdsale?

running farm worldwide
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:28:57 AM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

so Bitcoin Ethereum Qtum Skycoin and Byteball.

that's the evolution of the blockchain technology.

another advantage of Qtum i think is it's based on proof of stake

Both bitcoin and Ethereum are still POW based.

Skycoin and Byteball and Qtum are very interesting.

one more project, i think it's elastic.

i think skycoin dev missed one point, Qtum is POS based.

Also that's the speech Patrick made on Ethereum DEV Conference in Paris.

http://edcon.io/download.html

22 Qtum:How Qtum make EVM run on UTXO Model

0:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:

16:

17:

18:

19:

20:

21:

22:

23:

[/quote]

do you have the plan to release a proof of work version Qtum?

since Ethereum will switch to POS by the end of 2017.

then people with a lot of GPU card need to find some new coins to mine

so it will be great if Qtum release a POW version same time ?

how do you guys think ?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
BTCspace

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:31:10 AM

how do you guys think ?

it will be great if the mining algorithm can support sha256 or script or Zcash algo or Ethereum algo ?

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:32:00 AM

how do you guys think ?

it will be great if the mining algorithm can support sha256 or script or Zcash algo or Ethereum algo ?

also with pos version and pow version together, Qtum may have a better marketcap?

running farm worldwide
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 03:37:02 AM

Press Update:

Qtum has previously raised $1 million from investors including Chen Weixing (Founder of Kuaidi), Star Xu (CEO of OkCoin), Anthony Di Iorio (Founder of Ethereum & Jaxx Blockchain Interface), Jeremy Gardner (co-founder of Augur), Bo Shen (Fenbushi Capital’s Managing Partner), Roger Ver (First Investor in Bitcoin Companies), and Xiaolai Li (blockchain angel investor).

Qtum recently announced that PwC, one of the leading providers of professional services, will support Qtum’s efforts to help fuel blockchain adoption across global business sectors.

Posted On 03 Apr 2017By : Tabish Faraz:

Qtum raises $15m+ in five daysSingapore-based Qtum Foundation said in a press release CoinReport received that it has raised over $15 million in a record five days, with the project becoming among the all-time top 10 blockchain token crowdsale campaigns.

Funds raised will finance the Qtum Foundation’s operation for the next four years, including financial/legal consulting, administration, marketing and development.

Qtum (pronounced “Quantum”) sold $10 million worth of its tokens (QTUMs) in a mere 90 minutes on the first day. By comparison, Ethereum, which is now the #2 cryptocurrency by market capitalization with a valuation of $3.6 billion, took 42 days to raise $18 million.

Qtum is a hybrid blockchain application platform. Its core technology combines a fork of bitcoin core, an Account Abstraction Layer allowing for multiple virtual machines, including the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), and a Proof-of-stake Consensus protocol, aimed at tackling industry use cases. Details on the Qtum concept can be found in the Foundation’s white papers.

At the end of the crowdsale, which was scheduled to last 30 days or until all QTUMs were sold, the project raised 11,000 bitcoins and 75,000 ethers (ETHs) in exchange for the 51 million QTUMs.

Rather than sending QTUMs to a single crowdsale address, Qtum designated six digital currency crowdfunding websites/exchanges to carry out the sale in a harmonized manner. The participating websites included BTC9, Yunbi, Bizhongchou, Allcoin, ICOAGE and ICO365.

“We are confident that we can finish what we originally started a year ago. We hope our supporters can work with us to build the greatest blockchain platform for enterprise and consumer use cases. There are so many possibilities for the blockchain industry, with Qtum, we are just at the beginning of a long journey,” said Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project.

There are three main ways the total QTUM supply will be allocated. 51 percent of QTUMs (51 million) will be distributed through the now-completed crowdsale. Of the rest of the 49 percent, 29 percent of QTUMs (29 million) will be assigned to community initiatives regarding research, education, business development and market expansion. 20 percent of QTUMs (20 million) will be distributed among the development team, early backers and founders. More details are outlined in the Foundation’s governance white paper.

“Since we began this project, I have been excited about its premise. Now, this excitement has been validated and shared by thousands of backers. Qtum will bring about a new blockchain and smart contract revolution and will bring together the many disparate communities into one common goal of action,” commented Jordan Earls, co-founder of the Qtum Project.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:57:11 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 06:48:32 PM by Gleb Gamow

you lose your mind, your silly old man. and yes.. you are crazy.

Yes, this silly old man, including others that are not this silly old man, are totally fuckin crazy for demanding what Qtum promised. Instead, Qtum comes along and buries the posts by users demanding what they promise, all the while the likes of you are jacking off all over themselves liking Qtum's counter-actions.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:49:04 PM

You know what would help build confidence in this project way more than an endless stream of paid for press releases that all say the same thing? If you would respond to peoples' requests for transparency with the ICO funds. Take a lesson from the skycoin dev on how to interact with investors and deal with questions and concerns like the professionals you ought to be.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

You know what would help build confidence in this project way more than an endless stream of paid for press releases that all say the same thing? If you would respond to peoples' requests for transparency with the ICO funds. Take a lesson from the skycoin dev on how to interact with investors and deal with questions and concerns like the professionals you ought to be.

I remember when Spondoolies came on the scene. I posted three or four times and I was done, chiefly due to how they handled themselves. These Qtum fuckers are only here for one fuckin thing, and that's money for their now illegal nonprofit chartered in Singapore. These cocksuckers talked till they were blue in the face on how Qtum is not an investment vehicle for their nonprofit, but now link to news articles depicting everything but. Totally motherfuckin madness!
Spoderman

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:22:27 PM

So when can we trade these tokens? I would like to buy some but will probably wait for the price to go below IPO price..
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:35:31 PM

So when can we trade these tokens? I would like to buy some but will probably wait for the price to go below IPO price..

Please, let us help you since obviously you're too busy to read this fuckin thread. September, as in Sweet September, the movie, not harvest time, expressed because ...

I smoke too much pot. I wake up in the morning and wake and bake with my coffee. I smoke pot all day and go to sleep stoned then wake up and repeat. Its cheap for me since I just grow my own so I have way more than I need. If I had to pay full price for it I think I would smoke much less. I drink a shitload of coffee too. Because I'm always stoned I never really do anything productive. I live alone and have very few friends. Most of my friends stopped hanging out with me because of my excessive pot smoking. Would I change? No. If I could go back and redo my life would I? Maybe.

"Weed, a $4,000 mountain bike, and invest in Qtum come September when the price will be below the ICO price point. Life is good. Life is very, very, very good to me thus far! Wait, I think I'll write a song."

They say I'm crazy but I have a have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far

Qtum to post another link to a news article in 5 ..... 4 .... 3 ...
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:48:52 AM

What is the ICO price ?
Thanks for response.

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 07:24:32 AM

The main network launches in September, which will allow people to withdraw their tokens from the exchanges.

What is the ICO price ?
Thanks for response.

The Crowdsale sold out in 5 days, meaning there was the early bird price (first 2 days) which was 1BTC=3800 Qtum, the majority of tokens were sold in these days.

The second tier pricing was 1BTC=3600 Qtum

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: