Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is not supported in some countries?  (Read 98431 times)
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:57:15 PM

I dont think so that there are any countries like that unless and until they are in the war zone and civil war. Lol. No seriously, how can someone forfeit the idea of using bitcoin as the currency which all over the internet and not physical. Its ethical, it doesn't comes under cyber crime or something like that. It is made completely out of an idea of making secured transactions over the internet and making it easier to send the money. Miners, related hardwares and everything is manufactured with legal jurisdiction and there is problem with at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:03:01 PM

some people will use it for illegal activities.

Yep, because only a government can do some illegal things  Smiley

And maybe they do not know or have no laws on taxation based on digital currencies like bitcoin.  I think, before th3 country would adopt bitcoin as a legit currency, they will have to conduct analysis, studies and the like.  They have to study the impact of what this digital currency can do to their country.  If there are advantages, then they might use them.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:18:52 PM

Every country has some own policy to rule their territory, so if the Bitcoin is becoming a concern issue for them then the government may ban Bitcoin in their area, but I think this number is not so big, so far I know that, Bitcoin is almost everywhere except 4/5 countries.that is not a big deal for Bitcoin....
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:04:52 PM

Bitcoin is still not supported in some countries because bitcoin is still not legal. There are countries who would not recognized bitcoin’s use since it is still considered illegal in other countries.

Bitcoin’s unstable price might be a reason why many people are still uncertain in using it. There are people who would not even want to try it and even if the price of bitcoin sounds good, it is still not good enough for huge countries to be interested in it.

Bitcoin is getting popular but it still needs to be more popular. If we want bitcoin to have a bigger and wider use, bitcoin must target the attention of major countries. Having major countries to support bitcoin will surely make a huge difference in bitcoin’s status and price ( especially ).

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:31:03 PM

I have heard that bitcoin is not supported in some countries. But why ? Is it because bitcoin is risky ? Some countries even declare 6 months jail if her people use bitcoin. Is it fair ? I mined few cryptos and have left mining. It was fun and challenging too. But I never got any clear answer. What does my gpu actually do ? I pay electric bill, my room temperature goes high and I get paid. With actually no skill on pc hardware and software. Whole thing is still pretty unclear to me
Because some of the country doesn't know about in bitcoin. Or maybe they're not interested unto it that's why they don't need bitcoin. Or it could be that they're just not open minded into our bitcoin concepts.
Jikalau

Activity: 241
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:36:08 PM

I think there are several.
1.bitcoin has not had a physical like paper money
2. still many people in some countries that do not know the internet
3. not many people in some countries use future money (such as bitcoin).
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:39:19 PM

Every country has some own policy to rule their territory, so if the Bitcoin is becoming a concern issue for them then the government may ban Bitcoin in their area, but I think this number is not so big, so far I know that, Bitcoin is almost everywhere except 4/5 countries.that is not a big deal for Bitcoin....
It’s more of a controlling thing, you’re right on that point. People that purchase Bitcoin has an option to not use their countries fiat so they can hold money without being told what to do by the Government so much. That’s why it’s funny to notice people cashing their Bitcoin for some type of currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
buenav

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:41:37 PM

Exactly and even in those few where it is banned people can still use it in secret. Bitcoin doesn't need a countries support to thrive anyway.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:22:22 AM

Many countries worry because bitcoin is anonymous, so it can be used for a variety of illegal acts such as money laundering and terrorism. Maybe that's the main reason many countries in the world not supported bitcoin
That is just an excuse, that is small potatoes compared to what bitcoin can do to shape the way finances work in the world, it is very obvious governments and banks see the potential and the risk of losing the profits they make by doing nothing, I think the reason we don’t see a ban on bitcoin is for the reason another like it can be created at will by anyone.

You can't just say "another like it can be created". There no other digital currency like bitcoin, thay may have the same part though bitcoin is the original digital currency. You can't say like bitcoin, but another altcoin based on bitcoin.
Of course I can say it, just copy paste the code and you have a new bitcoin, no one will use it at the moment since we have bitcoin already, but if at some point someone tried to destroy bitcoin then another 100 bitcoins could be created, just look at what happened with the piratebay.
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:04:42 AM

Bitcoin is still not supported in some countries because bitcoin is still not legal. There are countries who would not recognized bitcoin’s use since it is still considered illegal in other countries.

Bitcoin’s unstable price might be a reason why many people are still uncertain in using it. There are people who would not even want to try it and even if the price of bitcoin sounds good, it is still not good enough for huge countries to be interested in it.

Bitcoin is getting popular but it still needs to be more popular. If we want bitcoin to have a bigger and wider use, bitcoin must target the attention of major countries. Having major countries to support bitcoin will surely make a huge difference in bitcoin’s status and price ( especially ).

Bitcoin it's still a relatively new technology and there are no countries that use bitcoin as a regular currency, this happens because it's to volatile and no country is willing to risk their economy in order to prove bitcoin it's a safe currency to use such as the country's regular. That's why trying to make it popular it's not that easy...
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:10:39 AM

some people will use it for illegal activities.

Yep, because only a government can do some illegal things  Smiley

This is the main reason why other countries aren't accepting bitcoin. But there are some well known and rich countries that are now accepting bitcoin such as Japan. And with that move, I guess those countries that are not supporting bitcoin, they might think again and may try to re-consider bitcoin and may remove their doubts on it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:22:52 AM

Because they only see the negative sides of the bitcoin. They only say that the bitcoin is really bad and illegal. That is the main reason why many governments in different countries is against the bitcoin.
hendra1988

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:44:27 AM

I've read in some article abaout bitcoin which is pro and contra in its use, the conclusion is :
The presence of bitcoin as the virtual currency reaps the pros and cons. Bitcoin is considered to facilitate financial transactions. However, transactions with this virtual currency can also raise the risk of money laundering.
Different countries respond differently to the presence of bitcoin in the country.
The bitlegal.net site classifies three legal statuses of bitcoin in different parts of the world with color indicators. A country colored green means allowing bitcoin, yellow means there is still a debate, and red means forbidding.
Russia and Iceland are the countries that prohibit the use of bitcoin. According to Iceland's central bank, transactions with bitcoin are considered as movements of capital abroad and illegally due to capital controls conducted in the country after the collapse of the banking system in 2008.
The Russian central bank warned businesses using bitcoin as a means of payment would be potentially considered to be involved in money laundering or terrorism financing. However, transactions with bitcoin in Russia are very large and underground.
Russia is in the red category, but the transaction is huge. The bitcoin transactions there account for 20 percent of all bitcoin transactions worldwide.
Meanwhile, China, India, Thailand and Kazakhstan still have debate over bitcoin. In China, for example, bitcoin circulates freely with warnings. Prohibition applies to companies, but the public is allowed transactions with bitcoin as a commodity trading activity on the internet.
Many countries respond to bitcoin transactions with permissiveness, which is marked by a green legal status. In the United States, bitcoin may be circulated as an electronic transaction.
In Singapore, the central bank decides not to interfere with transactions with bitcoin, but will impose taxes because bitcoin is considered a commodity.
In Malaysia, the central bank allows transactions with bitcoins. However, people are encouraged to be careful in transacting and investing with the virtual currency
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:48:58 AM

Because they only see the negative sides of the bitcoin. They only say that the bitcoin is really bad and illegal. That is the main reason why many governments in different countries is against the bitcoin.
I think the main reason is because they can not control bitcoin. Fiat price can influence the economy of the country so they afraid if their citizens are change their fiat to bitcoin that make the their fiat price down.

Alexila

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 04:50:31 AM

Bitcoin does not need to be supported by countries. Its supported by the blockchain and everyone can use it with an internet connection.

Everex.io first transparent blockchain microfinance platform built on Ethereum. Based on fiat-pegged stable coin cryptofiat smart contracts.
Join our active community on Telegram.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:16:38 AM

The only clear answer that I can give is that each country has its own laws. Perhaps they take Bitcoin as a threat. One does not need to pay any taxes for Bitcoin and this will affect their economy. However, fervent Bitcoin users still use them.

It is a shame though. I think Bitcoin and fiat go hand in hand. They will work well together.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:45:59 AM

The only clear answer that I can give is that each country has its own laws. Perhaps they take Bitcoin as a threat. One does not need to pay any taxes for Bitcoin and this will affect their economy. However, fervent Bitcoin users still use them.

It is a shame though. I think Bitcoin and fiat go hand in hand. They will work well together.
Yeah they have the laws but i think they see already see the bad side of bitcoin first rather than seeing the good things about it so it makes them think that bitcoin is not worth it and it was a junk currency that can't help their country but they didn't know that they can do a lot of things to be sure that bitcoin is worth it to use in a country for security and also cheaper transactions.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:30:07 AM

I think because the State banned the use of the bitcoin fears if authorized then it could make real money left. In addition, there has been no exchanger that support.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

orpel

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:58:44 AM

No country would want to accept a coin that can't be controlled.
If the coin market will keep on growing and will worth 1 trillion or more we will start to see man countries trying to deal with this "threat" in many ways.
Some will accept it and some will ban the use of this coin.

NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:06:31 AM

Bitcoin does not need to be supported by countries. Its supported by the blockchain and everyone can use it with an internet connection.
Yeah bitcoin can live without government assistance and whoever that decentralization function .. even though bitcoin is prohibited in some countries even though it will not make bitcoin dead or lost because it all depends on the user itself. Users can still use bitcoin freely for being anonymous and being on the internet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: