Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186280 times)
mtx_demon

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:20:38 AM

check out slack!!
looks like it's not like that!!

Actually thanks so much to Jomari  just triple the amount that I have of QRL

people don't even wanna wait to see the other part and dump the coins and them later will buy for more!!!

Thank you again Jomari!!

What is the value of sweet words when 1) there is evidence of over a million founder coins moving onto Bittrex and 2) the last github commit was 19 days ago?

Yeah but that's not really true. check out the other side and you will see the true
For what I see you never been to the slack channel.
I will not explain but the devs will come here to tell their side.
but I still thanks a lot of Jomari for dropping the price so I was able to buy more for really cheap price!!
this coin will be more the 100$ by the end of the year
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtx_demon

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Github update

https://github.com/theQRL/QRL/commit/9b66b0ca3658ceb4afc3921137661ecfe59e351f

less than 5 minutes

so the project it's coming
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:28:31 AM

The team says Jomari ask for 2 million QRT and control of business operation. He was denied and came here. Is it true?
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:42:34 AM

check out slack!!

people don't even wanna wait to see the other part and dump the coins and them later will buy for more!!!

Thank you again Jomari!!

What is the value of sweet words when 1) there is evidence of over a million founder coins moving onto Bittrex and 2) the last github commit was 19 days ago?

Yeah but that's not really true. check out the other side and you will see the true
but I still thanks a lot of Jomari for dropping the price so I was able to buy more for really cheap price!!

Glad we sorted that out with a "not true"  
I guess this movement of coins is not true either: https://etherscan.io/token/0x697beac28b09e122c4332d163985e8a73121b97f?a=0x56c903dcd6fac0493d5a9e67013146b7e09d5fa2

Thank you for pointing out the commit that happened just after I posted.  Totally not suspicious.  
https://github.com/theQRL/QRL/commits/master

In the slack itself they note they are paying out of pocket, which is an admission that they haven't got their organisation in order months after raising 4 million.  This is an accusation of lack of organisation that is in line with the "whistleblowers" statements.

PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:45:13 AM

1st
If you buy any ICO you are fucking idiot

2nd
NEXUS team warn about exactly this since the very beginning of QRL, it is fucking SCAM
Yet idiots was buying it instead of investing into NXS which have real results and real potential.

its incredible you are everywhere shilling for nexus
PGPpfKkx

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:58:05 AM

Peter the community would like to know:

1) is the etherscan address of one of the team members? yours? it seems to have moved a lot of tokens
2) how is jomari going to be replaced?
3) will you post an updated roadmap/budget openly?
4) can you update us on the nature of the company that you founded and why/why not a foundation?
5) on the website there are 4 core developers but they are not on github?

can you make a medium post please?
thecryptoconsultant

Activity: 130

thecryptoconsultant.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:31:54 AM

1) is the etherscan address of one of the team members? yours? it seems to have moved a lot of tokens
4) can you update us on the nature of the company that you founded and why/why not a foundation?

+1

TheCryptoConsultant.com is time-saving and trustworthy.
EDisney

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:37:45 AM

Is this Peter's account?

https://etherscan.io/token/0x697beac28b09e122c4332d163985e8a73121b97f?a=0x56c903dcd6fac0493d5a9e67013146b7e09d5fa2

Why are so many tokens beeing moved to Bittrex?

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
kazanchev

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:40:51 AM

Any news from Slack?
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 12:14:53 PM

Any news from Slack?

There are always two sides to a story, sometimes three  Wink. I don't know what's going on, but Peter says that Jomari is disgruntled because he wanted more control of the project and a monthly salary of like $6500 and they were reluctant on doing so. Jomari already has 480K QRL coming to him when the mainnet is launched. I liked Jomari, he seemed very knowledgeable on the project and was very proactive on the Slack channel. Maybe greed got involved, I honestly have no idea. Let's wait and see when Peter formally releases a statement. Peter also said that Jomari just joined the team a month before the pre-sale, and has not really contributed as much as the original founders.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
BlockHedge

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:16:07 PM

check out slack!!

Thank you again Jomari!!

Thank you for pointing out the commit that happened just after I posted.  Totally not suspicious.  

There is a scam coin called Droplex that is trying to raise funds currently.  They straight copied the QRL white paper, and some GitHub data.  The idea was to keep the GitHub as clean as possible until MainNet to avoid scams like this for both QRL investors AND people getting fooled by Droplex.  Now due to the ego of one social community manager who had disagreements with the dev team (who wants to be a founder but isn't), the dev team was being questioned about being a scam with little GitHub commits so Peter decided to release it to ease the nerves of investors and people freaking out.  So if he doesn't release, it's a scam.  If he does release, it's totally suspicious.  I guess he loses either way.  Perhaps before you rush to judgement based on the opinions of the social manager (read - easiest replaceable) guy, maybe wait for the adults in the room, the PhDs, developers, and coders to make a rebuttal statement.  Just saying.
bcsuisse

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:37:46 PM

check out slack!!

Thank you again Jomari!!

There is a scam coin called Droplex that is trying to raise funds currently.  They straight copied the QRL white paper, and some GitHub data.  The idea was to keep the GitHub as clean as possible until MainNet to avoid scams like this for both QRL investors AND people getting fooled by Droplex.  Now due to the ego of one social community manager who had disagreements with the dev team (who wants to be a founder but isn't), the dev team was being questioned about being a scam with little GitHub commits so Peter decided to release it to ease the nerves of investors and people freaking out.  So if he doesn't release, it's a scam.  If he does release, it's totally suspicious.  I guess he loses either way.  Perhaps before you rush to judgement based on the opinions of the social manager (read - easiest replaceable) guy, maybe wait for the adults in the room, the PhDs, developers, and coders to make a rebuttal statement.  Just saying.

with QRL I am already 100% profit so I don't care to much about the price drop but I wonder if we can trust that this project will deliever what it aimed to do. I will rebuy if it goes down another 50% but i would love to see some comments from the founders or an official statement. It does not seem very professional that a member of the team can just send an email to all ico particpants and cause a 50% drop in price... (where did he get the email adresses from, was that legal etc.)

Bitrated user: kentokyo.
BlockHedge

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:51:23 PM

Here is the official statement from the founder and developer of QRL:

https://medium.com/@theQRL/qrl-update-51d1f4a0b54b
ccc2011

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:55:11 PM

"QRL Update
Friday 28th July 2017
Well there is never a dull moment in crypto and just when you think you know someone…
I created the QRL last year in August, first coding a python hash-based post-quantum signature
scheme library, then laboriously coding the alpha QRL python codebase over many months on my
own. Towards the end of last year after discussion with prominent post-quantum cryptographers I
sole authored the QRL whitepaper (and it’s mistakes), created the website, fired up the slack and
announced my project to the world.
Many enthusiastic members joined the team of which most are happily still involved. In our early
testnet run before our final POS algorithm updates and whitepaper release we had a small army of
loyal alpha-testers and a fantastic community has grown around the slack and the promise of the
QRL.
Jomari joined the team one month prior to our presale in March. We got on very well and he was
tasked with managing social media, evangelising on the slack but he also did some back end email
answering and gave himself a job title—chief of strategy. In short he was a trusted, bubbly
member of the growing team.
Like many projects in the space I decided to allocate QRL to the team and friendly group of alpha-
testers to be received after mainnet launch. The community asked for ERC20’s and so I deployed
the ethereum contract (with a manual transaction for each pre-sale participant!) and every single
member of the team (~12 people) agreed to their allocation—Jomari included (logs retained).
Since the successful crowd sourcing of Bitcoin and Ethereum, agreements on roles, responsibilities
and remuneration going forward were individually agreed between myself and every single
member of the team except for Jomari Peterson.
Around 5 weeks ago Jomari started causing some foment in the team, arguing that he wasn’t happy
with the direction the project was taking. He wanted to create a US legal entity and replicate our
development efforts in the US. I am always open to discussion within the team but as I am based in
the UK and ultimately as this is my project to oversee I chose not to agree to his plan or wild
budgetary suggestions.
During negotiations over his future role in the project (as tensions began to appear) he demanded
the following: 480K QRL (his original agreed allocation), a further 19% of all remaining team funds =
1.5M QRL, a salary of 6700$ a month and discretionary control of 33% of the entire pre-sale funds.
I patiently continued to ‘negotiate’ with him with another team member sat in on the discussion for
four long weeks. After that time he had not moved his position one iota claiming he was a co-
founder of the project and entitled to a huge share of the project (to be paid in full whether he was
in the team or not!).
The next thing I know last week myself and another member of the team received a letter from an
attorney in NY suggesting we communicate through him with further discussions about Jomari’s
future involvement in the project. Now this is a development project with coders working towards
shipping code—this was a massive distraction and I honestly had begun to lose trust in Jomari.
How can you work with someone who is threatening legal action for some perceived slight, against
not just you but other members of the team? So, I asked him to relinquish the team social media
profiles, contacted a solicitor to continue our discussions formally as requested, and waited. But
Jomari failed to give up the social media accounts (which he still controls by the way) and so I was
left with no option but to temporarily remove him from the team slack.
And we are here today.
Jomari has attacked this project and so far cut the market value of the QRL in half by libelling me
through the official social media channels of my own project.
He asserts that I have sold my own share of QRL because I don’t believe in the project that I have
spent hundreds (thousands?) of hours working on. No one who has communicated with me by any
medium will recognise the picture he is painting because it doesnt exist.
The reality is that crypto startups are a grey area legally and it takes time to create a legal structure
to facilitate this. I have funded this entire project myself from scratch—hosting, our VPS cluster, all
other associated costs including remunerating developers. Some of the QRL I allocated myself has
been sold on bittrex to fund the project whilst the above legal arrangements are completed and you
will see if you look at our crypto btc and ethereum holdings that not a single Satoshi has moved
since I raised it.
Now I love this project and I am bitterly dissappointed that Jomari has attacked the project in this
manner, with libellous commentary about me personally and has also damaged the project very
obviously in terms of current market cap (although I’m sure that will recover).
I won’t make any more statements as I seek a formal legal opinion except to say that despite his
intervention we are progressing well and were about to start AWS scale testing of our updated test
code today.
I will be happy to speak to any of you on our slack, as always.
I am enormously grateful for the ongoing support of the rest of team who have worked tirelessly to
try and keep us on the roadmap we set out despite this frustrating distraction.
Peter Waterland
Founder, The QRL"

found this statement on slack

edit: oh sorry, didnt see that somebody posted the link already
altcoiner555

Activity: 356

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:58:16 PM

It appears dev decided to sell part of his personal stash to fund development rather than use BTC/ETH raised.  This has placed selling pressure on price and is idiotic. With the exception of this everything else is FUD/extortion by community manager.
FiniteKez

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:11:48 PM

Wow so much drama in a little coin that hasn't even launched yet. The update post doesn't really cover the major topics brought up by their former team member. Also, if qrl has an ico and development fund, why would the creator need to drain his personal stash to fund the project. In fact, he is sell QRL rather than the ETH raised at ICO. I guess the QRL dev thinks it makes more sense to hold ETH for the future and take profits on QRL while he can.
PGPpfKkx

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:48:14 PM

Two things are weird in this story:

First of all why would Peter sell ~200K to fund servers/development that's too much money. How much is personal QRL belongings of Peter now? It's good for dev to have a big stake.

Second, why Jomari would do this and drive the price at -50% when he is going to receive stakes after mainnet launch? Did he shoot himself in the foot?

Roll Eyes Huh
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

Why the hell would the dev sell QRL instead of the ETH/BTC he raised for the project? This is absolutely absurd unless he believes Ether has a better future prospect than his own tokens. The money raised during the ICO was supposed to be used for development. The fact that he is not using them is what's more alarming.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:58:31 PM

Why the hell would the dev sell QRL instead of the ETH/BTC he raised for the project? This is absolutely absurd unless he believes Ether has a better future prospect than his own tokens. The money raised during the ICO was supposed to be used for development. The fact that he is not using them is what's more alarming.

I think it's a matter of him being clueless as to what is the norm in this space.
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:03:34 PM

Everything sound like disgruntle social media coordinator (least important member of team) try and sabotage the project. He ask for lots of money and control power he doesn't deserve. Shameful.

Inca always did everything right in this project. So I'm surprise he seem dishonest about the Bittrex. I think he must have cash out his ICO profit but says its for the foundation. Cannot be the case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: