Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins that might survive in the future?  (Read 45276 times)
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:01:38 PM

For my mind there few alt which can survive in near future. I think it's monero, ethereum, dash, byteball.
Others crypto or dying (like Doge and Lite) or didn't born (like LISK or Wawes). Maybe there more good coins (NXT, NEM i don't know for sure) but i dint know nothing about them and can't say anything about it.
I see potential in Litecoin, and I think that if the proposed improvements to the currency are implemented, the cryptocurrency will have a good future, but most of the coins on the market are pumps and dumps. I'm not sure about coins using pos, there are some people who comment that there are points of centralization in this, but maybe there are some cryptos that are actually worth investing in.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:08:32 PM

Altcoins have come to stay just like bitcoins but there are a few that are undoubtedly going to stand the test of time based on good reasons and the level of development. I will say ethereum, monero, Qtum and even Zcash. They are promising and the market cap speaks volumes so those are my picks.
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:51:45 PM

Based on what it has been seen among the wide array of altcoins such as development, innovation, and security issues, what altcoins might survive in the future?

In my opinion, I think that the only ones prone to survive would be good old altcoins such as Litecoin and Dogecoin, but I may be wrong.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this as well as any altcoin that might be worth holding onto for the long term.  Grin

Qtum is what you must look up to as it is bent on addressing some challenges if not all of the two major cryptocurrencies(Bitcoin and ethereum). It has implemented an innovation of fusing the Bitcoin core with ethereum to form the first cryptocurrency with both features and with the competent development team and all I have no doubt about the success of Qtum and I will admonish all to take a look at the white paper and read on slack and Bitcoin talk to get more insight about Qtum.
If they can deliver a good product, with an efficient implementation of pos and smart contracts, they can attract large investments, but developers will need to work very efficiently to compete with other projects. I will probably consider investing, but I recognize that there are still aspects that I need to understand regarding the project.
blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:04:17 PM

When the real blockchain boom begins, a lot of current altcoins projects will survice. Especially those which are in the top 20 at the moment. I doubt projects like Litecoin has a big future but those like Eth, Dash, NEM, Nxt, Waves, Lisk, Stratis, Maid,... have.

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:17:29 PM

No one, follow the technology, someone will create more innovative cryptocurrency and everyone jumps to another boat.
I would say something like zcash with extreme privacy protection

you should look at tezos if you follow the tech... coded in Ocaml... WTF is OCaml functional prog.
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:21:41 PM

The main thing that was Bitcoin, and the rest is nonsense. Other coins are needed to get more Bitcoins.

Some might survive, cuz they have good community and developing team and for others they are dead even before they start like some.
Personally you need several thing for coin to be successful but i dont see any alt that could be here i mean there are some but not to be like bitcoin.

you know bytecoin...it's still alive
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:34:57 PM

The main thing that was Bitcoin, and the rest is nonsense. Other coins are needed to get more Bitcoins.

Some might survive, cuz they have good community and developing team and for others they are dead even before they start like some.
Personally you need several thing for coin to be successful but i dont see any alt that could be here i mean there are some but not to be like bitcoin.

you know bytecoin...it's still alive
There are other coins also that survive but price is too low for them.for current situation bitcoin, ethereum,monero and dash are major cryptocurrency ,rest are just substitute for time being.
BiTZeD

Activity: 379

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:45:55 PM

For me, in the actual set of things, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Monero and Waves seem the most robust altcoins and ones that will probably live for a long time.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:25:08 PM

I think altcoin can survive will be etherum, pesobit, Dogecoin, and Litecoin since they are the coin which I can see no votality or no huge dumps and it doesn't turn into shotcoins. Besides, Dogecoin and Litecoin can be used is some gambling sites like bitsler which is great. I have money of those altcoins and it'll took many months before I would sell it in order to make a better profit.

True. These altcoins have managed to remain stable on the markets, even though some of them like Litecoin, lack true development and innovation. As for ETH, I think that it is a little overvalued since it wasn't designed as a store a value. Besides, its supply will be infinite, so it will suffer from inflation over time. Perhaps when ETH switches to PoS, it would be worth less than what it is right now.

Nevertheless, while there are some altcoins which are prone to survive in the long term, a very minimal amount of them are ideal to make profit, as usually they tend to decrease more in price over time, like most PoS coins do. Just my opinion.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xorlogic

Activity: 181
Merit: 103

The future for all trade is decentralized safex.io

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 08:23:21 PM

I think altcoin can survive will be etherum, pesobit, Dogecoin, and Litecoin since they are the coin which I can see no votality or no huge dumps and it doesn't turn into shotcoins. Besides, Dogecoin and Litecoin can be used is some gambling sites like bitsler which is great. I have money of those altcoins and it'll took many months before I would sell it in order to make a better profit.

True. These altcoins have managed to remain stable on the markets, even though some of them like Litecoin, lack true development and innovation. As for ETH, I think that it is a little overvalued since it wasn't designed as a store a value. Besides, its supply will be infinite, so it will suffer from inflation over time. Perhaps when ETH switches to PoS, it would be worth less than what it is right now.

Nevertheless, while there are some altcoins which are prone to survive in the long term, a very minimal amount of them are ideal to make profit, as usually they tend to decrease more in price over time, like most PoS coins do. Just my opinion.  Grin

What are you going to say about Litecoin when they activate SegWit? https://coinidol.com/litecoin-segwit-new-frontier-for-blockchains/

The future for trade is private secure and decentralized https://safex.io
Viviyang

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

At present their are some new altcoin also which are good for long term and they are , ICONOMI, DECENT , GNT and old one ETH, DOGE LTC apart from this i dont have much knowledge about other altcoins.

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
[/color]
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:31:22 PM

What are you going to say about Litecoin when they activate SegWit? https://coinidol.com/litecoin-segwit-new-frontier-for-blockchains/

If SegWit gets the approval of the miners in Litecoin, then it would become a major cryptocurrency offering breakthrough transaction speeds and capacity. It would be the first altcoin of its kind, to become scalable, possibly attracting interest into it among new and old users alike.

However, even if Litecoin gets to scale, it lacks constant development and promising technology unlike some altcoins out there which have more advanced features like decentralized marketplaces, aliases, and more. Still though, if Litecoin wants to follow Bitcoin's model closely, then it would aim to survive and become successful for years to come. Just my opinion.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:39:01 PM

In order to survive for the long term, coins need to have attributes that BTC lacks, mostly:
A/ faster & bigger blocks than BTC
B/ anonymity features

This is however not enough. They must have also have what BTC has which is:
1/ network consensus
2/ sound monetary creation
3/ idealistic vision

That's why these coins gained recognition
- Ethereum (A)
- Monero (A, B)

Zcash (ZEC) and Zclassic (ZCL) are the last generation of coins that should emerge because they cover A+B, they both however lack 1, and ZEC lacks 3.

Time will tell

Don't forget Zcash (ZEC) and Zclassic (ZCL) do NOT have trustless setups like BTC and any true Cryto Coin. I will not be surprised when a few years down the road it's suddenly discovered extra coins have been created and dumped. That is why I will not even speculate on these coins, I'm not sure if the anon feature is broken with the loss of the trust.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cryptotrader9

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:01:21 PM

What do you guys think about CREDITBIT they are going on Ethereum platform? Is this coin a potencial good coin?
Horse Lover

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:18:49 PM

Remember  BTC has not been around 10 years...

So saying long term of 50 years is a BIT of a stretch Smiley

In the cryto world.

i would say  long term 5 years   mid term 2-3 years  short term 6m to 1 year

and a shit coin.. weeks after sale closes
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:12:19 AM

I think that just the classic coins will prevail to the next 5/10 years.. Litecoin, Doge*, Monero.  ETH and ETC will die, Dash is died (for me), NXT is about to die, etc.

* Probably will die but it has so many time and so many miners that i can't say

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:34:43 PM

I think that just the classic coins will prevail to the next 5/10 years.. Litecoin, Doge*, Monero.  ETH and ETC will die, Dash is died (for me), NXT is about to die, etc.

What is classic coin, how you determine classic, what is some period for classic?
To many questions and so little answers. Good coin is something that have good support and community so many of them are, some new one are good to, but shit coin i pesonlly dont want to list them at al. Scan coin are so easy to made so far it was ton of them.

Perhaps if some coin is good for 1-2 can be called classic.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:24:15 PM

What is classic coin, how you determine classic, what is some period for classic?
To many questions and so little answers. Good coin is something that have good support and community so many of them are, some new one are good to, but shit coin i pesonlly dont want to list them at al. Scan coin are so easy to made so far it was ton of them.

Perhaps if some coin is good for 1-2 can be called classic.

I call classics the most popular and lasting coins over the last years. There are old coins like FTC and NVC but they are not that popular right now. They just passed away.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Based on what it has been seen among the wide array of altcoins such as development, innovation, and security issues, what altcoins might survive in the future?

In my opinion, I think that the only ones prone to survive would be good old altcoins such as Litecoin and Dogecoin, but I may be wrong.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this as well as any altcoin that might be worth holding onto for the long term.  Grin

There are few altcoins that might survive in the future, such as the pioneering old altcoin like dogecoin and litecoin, even the Monero, ethereum, nem or wbb have a bright future in my perception and understanding only, though we had our own privilege  to express our own choice altcoin.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 05:55:31 PM

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this as well as any altcoin that might be worth holding onto for the long term.  Grin

There are few altcoins that might survive in the future, such as the pioneering old altcoin like dogecoin and litecoin, even the Monero, ethereum, nem or wbb have a bright future in my perception and understanding only, though we had our own privilege  to express our own choice altcoin.
I agree for monero litecoin and dogecoin but for ethereum i do not know if they can stay long since we are heard about the hack issue before.. and the other altcoin you mention i really do not heard them.. the top 3 for me litecoin XMR and dogecoin even the dogecoin is gradually decrease its still stay alive and active.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: