Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:09:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins that might survive in the future?  (Read 45277 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:30:16 PM

I think old altcoins such as Doge, Lite, Eth would most likely survive in the future. I've started in the cryptocurrency world 4 years ago, since I started I've know this three oldies but goodies coin and until know they're still in the market. A lot of new altcoins keep appearing each month, the market competition for those new coin is too tight so the possibility of them surviving in the long run is too low.

Agree. Old coins are usually the strongest and most supported among many individuals and businesses alike. As they have gained a wide recognition among crypto enthusiasts and average everyday people, they'll be here to stay for many years to come.

Take a look at DOGE for example, being a cryptocurrency which lacks development and innovation, but it still has a huge fan base and it's being actively traded on the markets.

Litecoin is another one which lacks innovation, but has managed to activate SegWit before Bitcoin, giving it a huge advantage to handle transactions at a faster rate. Perhaps, at some point in the future, Litecoin may increase its block size too for even faster speeds while maintaining decentralization.

Ethereum is one of the newest altcoins, among the list of cryptocurrencies you've mentioned, yet it has managed to become stronger than ever, despite the fact that it has suffered from several hacks such as The DAO, DDoS, and so on. Being an altcoin with just 2 years of existence, it has managed to stay as the second largest cryptocurrency in market cap.

Nevertheless, only time will tell whenever the majority of the altcoins in the market will survive or not in the future. Just my opinion. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lori_Cryptonetix

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:45:36 PM

only time will tell whenever the majority of the altcoins in the market will survive or not in the future. Just my opinion. Smiley
I agree and it also depends on how many people give up on the idea. If people stay on board and push the altcoins forward then they will have a future.
Cheburekus

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:19:56 PM

IMO Ethereum will surely survive because of its high popularity.  What about other altcoins - most of them are in doubt
MoxleytgfCotta

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:47:03 AM

Zcash is dead and ethereum will exist for a long time, although ETH will go down
Collinslevi

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:52:24 AM

Currently, Litecoin is ranked in the top 10 most popular cryptocurrency world.
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 03:54:35 AM

Any altcoin that has a big community support will survive, like deeponion is 100% community driven and the airdrop is on for 40 weeks!

mynhpark

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:45:39 AM

Probably, litecoin and dogecoin!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀

TEMCO

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:08:39 AM

in my opinion i will choose ethereum, zcash, and litecoin
same as my opinion. especially litecoin, i believe litecoin would be able stand strongly again even thou now litecoin value is droped down so much. hope its an oppertunity to invest and to gain more.

_MrTuyul404

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:25:59 AM

Based on what it has been seen among the wide array of altcoins such as development, innovation, and security issues, what altcoins might survive in the future?

In my opinion, I think that the only ones prone to survive would be good old altcoins such as Litecoin and Dogecoin, but I may be wrong.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this as well as any altcoin that might be worth holding onto for the long term.  Grin
Hold altcoin for longterm ?
Dogecoin and Litecoin is good choice. but i can suggest you to choose ethereum too, many ICO use ethereum smartcontract, I think it will make eth price go up continuously because of the increasing of demand, So ETH can also be an option for long-term investment Grin

ybsok

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:45:38 AM

Early investors in the operation are usually motivated to buy the cryptocoins in the hope that the plan becomes successful after it launches which could translate to a higher cryptocoin value than what they purchased it for before the project was initiated. An example of a successful ICO project that was profitable to early investors is the smart contracts platform called Ethereum which has Ethers as its coin tokens. In 2014, the Ethereum project was announced and its ICO raised $18 million in Bitcoins or $0.40 per Ether. The project went live in 2015 and in 2016 had an ether value that went up as high as $14 with a market capitalization of over $1 billion.

Read more: Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp#ixzz4pzKgLfzJ
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:47:39 PM

I agree and it also depends on how many people give up on the idea. If people stay on board and push the altcoins forward then they will have a future.

Yeah. Altcoins will remain actively traded and supported, as long as people stay on board with them. There are may cryptocurrencies which just gain traction as a result of hype, but eventually end up as another ordinary altcoin, when people switch to others which provide new technologies and features.

While there are only a select few altcoins which may survive for the long term, none will be able to keep up at Bitcoin's pace which is a well-established coin with a wider audience and reliability.

One thing for sure, is that altcoins are extremely good for profiting when you take advantage of their huge price pumps. Coins like Hodlcoin, let you earn huge interest rates after a year, while there are others which have their unique rewards like random staking and more. This makes them extremely convenient for short term investing, since most of them tend to decline in value after their hype passes by. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:40:23 AM

This. Because you can use any language to deploy an app on this platform. So much of the decentralised future will be on here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.0
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:46:17 AM

Dogecoin is a good coin? Yeah sure....

dogEcoin is a better coin then your sorry excuse for a scamcoin!!!!!!

yeah right doge coin is scam coin and will not last long, and it seems that BCH will be the answer in the future coin, if BCH is unsuccessful then the last answer is the ETH digital currency can be a future altcoin candidate
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:48:43 AM

It is easy to see that the development as well as the community acceptance and strongly support the alticoin such as ETH, NEO, XRP, I ALTICOIN will have a shine.

Yes it is true and it all depends on the supply of the coin, if the supply is abundant it will fail in the future because it is too much, but if it is limited then the coin will succeed in the future
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:50:22 PM

In overall aspects of surviving, in my opinion I think Bitcoin (BCC) and Ethereum (ETH) most likely would survive. When you really look at it, Bitcoin since its birth is successful. Many investors invest and patronize this alt coin. Same as ethereum. They have placed their names on top making it the successful alt coin that when the people heard the word alt coin, the first that comes into their minds are Bitcoin and Ethereum because of them being successful altcoins.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:53:49 PM

In overall aspects of surviving, in my opinion I think Bitcoin (BCC) and Ethereum (ETH) most likely would survive. When you really look at it, Bitcoin since its birth is successful. Many investors invest and patronize this alt coin. Same as ethereum. They have placed their names on top making it the successful alt coin that when the people heard the word alt coin, the first that comes into their minds are Bitcoin and Ethereum because of them being successful altcoins.
I'm not that sure about bitcoin cash, but in my view I believe there is no issues with ethereum. Majority of the altcoins that come into existence use the ethereum platform. So based on the success of ethereum can expect more altcoins to survive for longer time period.
Crypto_New

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:24:52 PM

I agree with you about LTC and DOGECOIN, according to what I see and researched their future is very bleak, I think it will be difficult for them to survive. There is nothing they can give to invite investors. This is a problem and they should fix it. I think that's my opinion.
CryptoScotland

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Crypto Scotland Investor Digital Currency

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:57:53 PM

Currently think too many coins coming to the market some are just clear cut Ponzi and MLM Schemes and other's a waste of space.

However I would say that the top 20-50 coins by Market Cap would be a strong bet for Long Term Hold.

While I am not expert but have invested in XRP, XEM & GNT - I believe they will stay for the long term especially XRP.

However on another note I look at it similar to Stock Market's and how many companies are on there such as Down Jones & Ftse100.  At current an unpredictable market but maybe 20-50 coins will be left standing which have real life uses.

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
KenM

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:03:46 PM

Coins with real world functions have a good chance of surviving. SIA, Golem, SONM have a shot at lasting. Coins that are meaningless clones or forks of more successful projects will probably disappear. 
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:00:23 PM

I am pretty sure all big altcoins like Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, DASH, Waves, Ethereum classic etc... will survive. Relatively small marketcap coins with big future expectations ( of course if the expectation of the coin will come true)like Syscoin, Safe Exchange Coin, Decred, LiBRY Credits will also survive.  I also think many brilliant new ICO will also survive like DIMCOIN or SUNCONTRACT.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: