Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:36:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:58:13 AM

This is definitely a great idea imagine if government were to support and accept cryptocurrency in their country they would gladly imposed these rules of having a bitcoin subject like in college so the students would have a broader sense for investing and saving bitcoin in the near future these would benefit them like helping them to be more a business minded person.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:00:57 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

i think that it would be great if schools can teach or add bitcoin/cryptocurrency to thier subject because it is also like math and related to business marketing/management and crypto seems hard to understand if your doing it on your own, thaths why it needs to have a proper lesson or a course to completely tackle those technical stuffs and to dig deeper on to this world of crypto.
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:11:04 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
taught about bitcoin in the classroom is a very good idea, I think it would be very suitable if it was in a hook with technological lessons and not math because bitcoin is very much concerned with technology.

gelaskopi

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:28:54 AM

I agree that bitcoin is exist in the classroom. This would be good if cryptocurrency was learned in college, especially Economic major. Furthermore study about cryptography is also important when it comes to the IT major. 

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:20:36 AM

Why not? bitcoin can be used by students because it can also help them to earn, but in my opinion it is better if it is just in college, college students for me are more responsible than to those who are in secondary level or primary, but I am not saying all. Depend on a student but it is better bitcoin can be in a classroom of college students.
leimzdyh

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:27:50 AM

No. I think that's a bad idea. If bitcoin will introduce in a classroom, students may not pursue their studies. At early age it is nice for them to earn with their own but it will suffer their education.

Rahul5577

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:11:35 PM

That is a very good idea. Because in the class room we may know very deeply about Bitcoin. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching. I think bitcoin need class room but not main subject like math its stay additional subject.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:56:54 AM

That is a great way of spreading information about bitcoin. At least in that way you can direct them to what to expect about bitcoin rather than falling into predators promising quick profit in bitcoin. Many fall for this because of the lack of knowledge. Start with the basics rather than focusing on earning. I think bitcoin can be integrated on subjects regarding mathematics, banking and finance and economics. If it will be done then bitcoin can be respected as a legit currency rather than a money making tool online. Bitcoin must be taught in the classroom like fiat currencies so that they will have sufficient knowledge about it. It is not just about bitcoin, it is about the future of cryptocurrencies.

cyriljundos

Activity: 432

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:11:42 AM

they do not have to focus on their studies; the bitcoin is just for those who are unemployed because they learn to do it so they have no time in their studies

adjong

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:23:41 AM

for me it's not because of the fact that the studyer has become a bitcoin so they can not focus on the study and have not finished the study ... bitcoin is just for the elderly and is not busy working so focus in bitcoin ..
heraldlazaro25

Activity: 134

ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:27:45 AM

In my own opinion, i think it is not possible to use the idea of bitcoin inside the classroom. It is because the idea of bitcoin is more complicated than it seems. If it will be teach in schools, students will not focus more on studying but instead by earning bitcoin because in that way, they can earn their own money. So bitcoin is for those unemployed or some adults that need a job to sustain their daily needs not for students.

Spain2000

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:37:40 AM

I think classroom is not a good place where bitcoin should a subject for study as we know that when a person become educated and they mature they also talk about bitcoin they use money and they are practical in life so for them if we say that in the social meetings they can use bitcoin.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
Ian Dave

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:40:49 AM

I agree that Bitcoin should teach in school because this forum can help the students to have a knowledge about taking a business. I prefer to share this thread than to teach a number with letters that could not apply in each life.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:47:27 AM

For students interested on bitcoin, I think its much better if there will be organization or a club where in they will teach the students how the cryptocurrency works.

For bitcoin to be considered a subject for class,I would say no for now. I thinking that the education should stay the way it is. It has been the format for ages and I think they are doing a great job in my opinion. Alson, one reason is that if students learn how to earn money on bitcoin, they're attention might be diverted to working for coins and its possible that they will quit school(this is base on my own experience).LOL.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:04:43 AM

The project is good and will give a significant impact on the next and next generation to come , but before to propose this we need first full adaptation from all around the world to consider bitcoin and other alts as an official governmental payment gateway.
Yes the importance of accepting Bitcoin by the government can shape the role of whether schools can teach about Bitcoin or not. Furthermore if certain economists support Bitcoin the process of schools adopting Bitcoin would be successful.This would be better if its taught as a subject in high school and not necessarily commerce streams.the students understanding might be a bit overwhelming for middle school students,and the fact that they are still immature to be trading with Bitcoin.
Miyaclint28

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:06:55 AM

Yes, classroom bitcoin is a good idea because of the large number of enthusiasts who want to learn the bitcoin. They want to know how to use the bitcoin is good but that they also want to learn how to invest, Transact, share your bitcoin. at the time of a versatile mobile we should be able to use the bitcoin of science we learned in classroom bitcoin.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:11:16 AM

A classroom teaching bitcoins would be a good idea. Maybe the kids you'll be teaching somehow make a big contribution to the innovation of bitcoins and cryptocurrencies for that matter. I believe the younger generation will be the future of cyrptocurrency and they will make a significant impact in the reformation of the monetary system of the world.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:11:41 AM

The idea would be good but not for teaching the decimals and related math. Its could be used for different things like teaching the trades, the crypto currency management or what we can say in normal words - Economic Learning. This could be the actual subject to teach in the schools about the bitcoin. They can learn how the economy can be managed, centralised and decentralised differences between the currency and how one can manage their funds. They can learn different ways of earning it and saving it for long or they can learn the part of banking sector with it.

It could obviously help the IT people a lot because there is always lot of coding required and it is artwork of the algorithms only. So yeah it depends on how we want to proceed with crypto subjects in the schools and what it the level of kids for grasping the same.
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:35:21 AM

I think bitcoin is more popular in the world. Even though some countries are against cryptocurrency, it can not stop the rise of bitcoin in the whole world. Because of the increasing number of bitcoin users here in forum, more investors are attracted to invest in bitcoin.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:41:49 AM

Very good idea, in my opinion. It teaches kids about currencies other than what they have in their pockets and cards.  It also allows them to be enlightened about what most people are doing with money by innovating them. Bitcoins can also allow kids to invest in an early age for their college funds etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: