Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:35:13 PM

It's a no. Because bitcoin does not sum up the economy and there are more basic stuffs to teach in school. If you want financial literacy, there are seminars out there and other learning platforms such as youtube and podcast.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:57:30 PM

It will take a lot of time before Bitcoin will be taught in IT classes. Most of the teachers will continue to teach working with Microsoft Excel and Word for the next few years. It would be great to see Bitcoin in the classroom. We should make our children aware of problems with banks which could be easily solved by introducing cryptocurrencies. However, governments won't give up so that's why we might not see Bitcoin in the classroom for a long time.
Holopopstyir

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:59:20 PM

I think that the main thing that one should know about currencies (fiat) is their ability to rob their holders by issuing. This is the advantage of bitcoin and not in other qualities.

DarcMatter   The Future of Decentralized Financial Services   Whitepaper
Token Sale   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:55:23 PM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
the goal in class is to teach something. if it is math, then you should teach math. if i count with apples or satoshis is not important, but the focus should be on learning math not on learning bitcoin.

As a education graduate..( just graduate did not make it as a career ) I can say we can consider it as a digital class room  Why ?? because when you go to bitcoin discussion  you can find  a lot of instructional materials  that you can use to learn for studying the bitcoin.. you can find a teacher  through others post because of their personal thought about bitcoin..you can have knowledge for your future financial security for your kids ...and as a digital teacher you can earn your salary through it but in most different way because no one's gonna deduct any tax  debt from your money 😊😊😊
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:12:27 PM

I think this is extremely necessary. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are the future trend of payment, so students and students need to know what the global financial market is changing and what students need to do to be prepared for the future. the use of bitcoin and crypto later. I think the education sector in the world should quickly put money into blockchain technology, open source, bitcoin and teaching in schools.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 10:18:50 PM

Incorporating bitcoin in an educational curriculum is not a bad idea. Some universities have adopted it. If it is applied in school then I think it will also be very effective. Students should know about the development of this financial technology, they can be taught about the economic and technological side. It will definitely be very useful for them in the future

SparrowMano

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:26:27 PM

Of course we have to teach bitcoin and especially blockchain, whether we like it or not, it's part of our economy and we have to transmit this knowledge.
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:01:26 AM

It would be quite interesting. Especially for universities, especially for IT courses. I studied cryptography at uni and still wonder why we didn't learn anything about blockchain and bitcoin there Huh This could have been very useful
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

Yes, but not on grade school. I'll prefer it would be teach during high school, economics and TLE (entrepreneurship). It is more interesting when it is thought during college and for adults, there must be a seminar about bitcoin for them to know and understand what is cryptocurrency all about.  In that way, lots of people will invest, mine, trade, join and use bitcoin.
humanCNC

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:46:20 PM

I am sure there is no bitcoin in the school. In my country, bitcoin is not supported and not accepted. So bitcoin will never appear in school. Even, the state banned bitcoin.

Johnyfun

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

This is  a good idea. Because if you want to go into bitcoin you go to school first so you can study how cryptocurrency works.
kache2018

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:06:19 PM

For me, your thoughts are possible. I think at least in economics subject this can be delivered. Advance cryptocurrencies and doing the math itself.
CoachCarter

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
Merited by ace4549 (7)

yes, because if bitcoin is inside the classroom many of the people will know about bitcoin and the price of it will get high, because many users and investors will come and buy their stocks.
kevinfox18

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:30:57 PM

I would consider only 1 more thing. if we teach bitcoin in class, i wouldn't be surprised if many parents would not be so happy about it and would certainly complain. Therefore i would like to make sure that i don't get into trouble because of this bitcoin issues...!!!
Sophia29

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:51:05 PM

This is great plan but i rather support investing and saving, which is by the way, the most important thing children can learn to be able to achieve whatever tracks they want to succeed in life, bitcoin is just an addition to this after teaching saving and investing
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:00:37 PM

In high school, especially mathematical and economic profile, the teaching of cryptography will be very useful. The children will be aware of the real state of affairs in the world economy.
udivkx

Activity: 279
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:28:33 PM

About bitcoin now need to tell as many people as possible, especially high school students, because this generation will build a new world in a few years. And knowledge of the crypto currency is very useful to them.

cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:32:03 PM

No, I do not support this idea. All people don't need to be traders or Bitcoiners or Investors. This is a job. And people need to choose it.
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:36:20 PM

yes, it is better to teach about cryptocurrency to younger generation... its helps starting out the thoughts and the structures, if they want to learn more and explore cryptocurrency, they can always dig in for more!!

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

When I first started doing bitcoins, I really missed information about it, about how it all works and why it's worth investing in it. Therefore, modern students need to learn the understanding of the crypto currency, they certainly need it.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: