Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
dhrazzen

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:43:48 AM

Yes!  It is a great idea to teach bitcoin in the classroom, most especially nowadays children are exposed on modern technology. They are more interested on social media than reading books or studying their lesson. So,  bitcoin in the classroom helps the students to be more productive while studying.  They can earn to sustain their daily needs in school (projects, thesis, requirements and other).
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:21:24 AM

This is a good idea to spread the Bitcoin around the globe, especially schools. But for me it is a no, because the knowledge in Bitcoin can be easily acquired nowadays. You just need internet and a smartphone/computer then you can acquire the knowledge through searching websites. Students might become bored in this subject because it is kind of basic concept or easy to learn unlike math, science, philosophy, history, etc. I suggest that Bitcoin must become a topic instead of a subject. Students might become curious and acquire knowledge in the internet if you taught them all about Bitcoin but only in a simpler way.
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:57:19 AM

Bitcoin is already been taught to some universities especially for those courses who is focused on Information Technology, Computer Science and other related Internet and Computer courses. Why? Because bitcoin has gained audience for the past years and its existence has change things in this world. Because it is a cryptocurrency, it may become an digital asset or payment sooner or later. We all know that technology itself has become innovative and developed so fast, bitcoin is and will be a part of that. It is a fact that cannot be changed. That maybe in the future will come, digital payments is possible.

That is true, some universities already included in their syllabus but I would like to see more serious and detailed courses that focus on blockchain programming and also philosophy of it. We need to have deeper knowledge.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:27:43 PM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
This is an interesting idea in my opinion, where Bitcoin is a field of study at school, but it must be remembered that the school schools in each country are managed by the government itself, and I am sure if the government does not approve of the idea. , they fear it will interfere with the existing field of study.
mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:24:27 PM

I think yes, this is a best idea that bitcoin in the classroom to teach children, so that they will learn immediately at a young age. Especially now bitcoin is already popular and most profitable currency. They should consider btc as a major subject, because this is an important that they will learn, and they have knowledge about btc currency, that our world is now uses of internet. Students must needs to be learned regarding about btc, i think they will interested know it.
okchain

Activity: 92
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:51:23 AM

I think it is necessary for the younger generation to know bitcoin because it is a digital transaction and a new form of currency transaction.
dedens212

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:36:15 AM

yes I agree because in a modern era with sophisticated technology there needs to be knowledge about bitcoin to introduce
that bitcoin can be used by anyone.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:25:42 PM

The idea is pretty good, if bitcoin is incorporated into the learning material then people will more easily recognize bitcoin. With the method of introducing such bitcoins, then people will be more confident and curious with bitcoin.
But that is precisely what governments do not want after all, why governments will want people to adopt a currency not backed by them or any government that gives them true freedom that can be used everywhere around the world and that does not require any kind of centralized control, all of that is great for us but not for banks and their interests.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:43:38 PM

It's just like when the first time the internet and email first started coming out and computers we getting better and better, then we started getting computer classes. The same thing will happen to 'blockchain' and 'cryptocurrency' courses. First it will be Universities and Highschools then perhaps even in younger grades. There's been some news about college students jumping on board blockchain technology courses recently too:

"Bitcoin and Crypto Courses All the Rage at America’s Top Schools"

"Universities add blockchain classes in effort to help close tech skills gap in enterprise"

"Cryptocurrencies Invade College Campuses in 2018: Blockchain Classes and Mining"

"Due to overwhelming demand, USC offers its second course on the technology behind cryptocurrency that’s changing the way the world does business"

"Cryptocurrencies Come to Campus"

LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:09:17 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
the goal in class is to teach something. if it is math, then you should teach math. if i count with apples or satoshis is not important, but the focus should be on learning math not on learning bitcoin.

I totally agree with this point. You could even try something exotic and mix bitcoins with apples, or ask the kids things like "how many bitcoins do you need to buy an apple?" and regardless of what the kids answer you then tell them one day 0.00005 BTC and 0.00007 on the other day.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:14:21 AM

I think its really good if bitcoin or cryptocurrency teach in the classroom. Its good time now to educate people about cryptocurrency because many negative news about cryptocurrency that they dont understand is that news right or fake.
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:27:36 AM

yes but I think it's better if it will be taught on middle school or college because they can already adopt and use bitcoin if they want. It will be hard for the kids to understand because it is complicated, but we can let them know that it exist.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:58:02 PM

It is a great idea that every student in school has an opportunity to learn and educate about the importance of bitcoin in our society.Bitcoin is not a bite of everyone's mouth. Because there are so many white papers are available to learn blockchain and cryptography.
It is a good idea but it is never going to happen, governments do not even include basic information about the economy in school, if they did, people will realize that the economy is not sustainable and that is just a big scam that benefits those that are powerful and that they are the biggest losers, so if not even that amount knowledge is allowed I do not think something as bitcoin or altcoins has any chance to be taught at school.
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:29:09 AM

Why not? If this thing happen. There will be more people have knowledge about bitcoin and any other cryptos. And if many people have knowledge about bitcoin they will not say anymore that bitcoin is a scam and ponzi.

sadwage

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:44:30 AM

bitcoin in school??? I think this is not a good idea for the students to learned crypto currency  if they learned how to earn bitcoin maybe they didn't want to go to school and they focus to earn money in bitcoin world
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:47:26 AM

Why not? If this thing happen. There will be more people have knowledge about bitcoin and any other cryptos. And if many people have knowledge about bitcoin they will not say anymore that bitcoin is a scam and ponzi.
If that may happen it is easy to catch up the things on bitcoin in how to used about crypto technology. It can develop our knowledge about the system of bitcoin and learned things to initiate and earned a lot of money.
lenj

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:43:24 AM

Wow..I think that a great idea. I ever think about it before. As a teacher, I think Bitcoin as a subject in the classroom will be interesting and challenging. The students will eager to know more about bitcoin. As we know, work in the crypto world is easy. We just need the proper knowledge to do this job. Mmmm...teaching bitcoin will be so much fun  Grin

Fun is good to start a job.  With fun we will do our job with sincere.
Actually teaching is not my job and i am not the one who like to teach anybody because i dont like.
Kanda Yu

Activity: 315
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:49:37 AM

I agree. Bitcoin is a systematic currency and it requires quite great knowledge so that you can really gain a lot of benefits from it. As we all can see, plenty of people think that bitcoin is just a simple job you can go to whenever you are needing money but little did they know that you should atleast be knowledgeable if you really want to earn big in here and it should not be disregarded.
paul heman

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:16:39 AM

This is a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
I doubt your idea. If Bitcoin is used as a subject at school, I believe it will be very difficult to learn and digest by all students. Especially want to be associated with mathematics lessons, surely all the students are more confused and do not understand the lesson.
doloresdeleon07

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:18:18 AM

Yes, we should start discussing bitcoin on students at the right level of their courses.  Bitcoin is is used widely now, it is used as substitute for hard currency and even credit cards, so it is not only for those who study IT but for those who study finance, accounting or marketing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: