Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:14:26 PM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
I think yes! I am a business related student so it will be a big help specially to the course like what i am taking. But i think this will be better if you only choose business related to teach this kind of business. And in addition, if ever it will be legalize may i request to choose the right student.

Prettyme

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:18:19 PM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

I think yes so that everyone would be aware that bitcoin really exist and the would know what would bitcoin really is. And what is the purpose of bitcoin. This is a good step to raise awareness about bitcoin the people so that it would be easy to our government to accept bitcoin.

tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:38:12 PM

No it's not good to teach Bitcoin in the school especially on kids because when they begun earning maybe they cannot concentrate enough on their other subject just because with Bitcoin they can have money

otherwise, I think teaching bitcoin in school is a brilliant idea. of course the content submitted must be in accordance with the grade. the outline that needs to be submitted is that the current economic activities related to payment and investment systems have entered the digital age.

rasmadisulaiman

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:39:35 PM

Yes, bitcoin should be taught in the classroom. If bitcoin is taught in the classroom it is a good idea for bitcoin to be widely known to the public, so bitcoin can be widely absorbed in society. It can make people use bitcoin and enjoy the benefits.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
heleng05

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:30:29 PM

I agree of that, but I think we will lose our students to study their dream to be and maybe they will not taking of all of that because they take bitxoin as a permanent job to work and if that happen many worker will ever again employed because they want all in a home based job.

Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:01:46 AM

I believe that high school students would be useful to know the basics of cryptocurrency and everything that is connected with it...the sooner they learn about it, it will be easier for them to make their future
shahead720

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:19:37 AM

Honestly I think it will be helpful for business related students.
cz they can know about it easily .But there sould be some limitation process.Should avoid over use or much addiction.
here my opinion.Thank you.
RifatAB

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:25:46 AM

Yes bitcoin in the class room is a great idea. Because bitcoin is now quite popular. Some people don't know that what is bitcoin. So i think it is a good project for us.
Junard619

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:42:43 AM

for me yes. Teachers prefer to teach students about bitcoin, because they can learn how to earn money using the internet and earn money with bitcoins. for while they were young they knew about bitcoin.
robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:43:24 AM

That's a good idea for teaching bitcoin in the classroom. Then not all classes could be taught about it as a subject. This would be good if it's in college. In contrast, it's not necessary teaching bitcoin under the college level. But it's okay if adding bitcoin as teaching material. I'm sure someday bitcoin would be worldwide known even in a student's book as teaching material.
gondar1

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:55:09 AM

I only think that it should be taught in class if necessary situations, such as when students ask about it. But, it should never be part of the curriculum for elementary up to middle school students. Perhaps in the high school years, it could be done, but with precautions and proper guidance because we are not yet sure about the negative effects it might cause.

musharaf

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:07:33 AM

i think bitcoin in the classroom will be not a good idea especially for kids because they will focus only on the bitcoin because they will think about the money in the childhood while if we start discussing bitcoin in the degree level it will be good. sometime in the computer classes teachers are discussing these crypto currencies and they also guide their students that how can you enter into the online currencies system and how you can earn and how you can manage these currencies.

quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:16:33 AM

Well this actually happens. Bitcoins are really very popular. Students can use Bitcoin in school to pay tuition fees.

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:07:17 AM

Yes, because it will be able to influence and inform the students or the youth about the essence and importance of bitcoin in our daily life.
With this knowledge they can apply it in real life situation and learn how to invest to secure a bright future.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:08:46 AM

I think should be used in the classroom
They can be used to collect fees
To collect fees of?  It would not be possible for schools especially those who are run by the government but as to the exclusive schools it can be possible.  But knowing that they are rich people, I do not think that they would try bitcoin.  I mean, some who have businesses are not that much aware of bitcoin.

As to be taught in the class, it can be a topic but not as a subject.  It would be a very good example for programming.
Since I suppose that a class about bitcoin is going to expose just the basics I do not see why someone thinks that he could collects fees out of people, spread awareness of bitcoin for free and charge money only if you have some real knowledge about how to make money with bitcoin.
kenjohannes26

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:23:15 AM

I think you could have taught bitcoin into the classroom, but do not interfere with other lessons, because kids are still not the time to think about investing.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:28:43 AM

It's not possible, because, as we know school is from the goverment, and not all government is pro bitcoin, there are a lot of governments who's against bitcoin. But I like the idea's bitcoin in the class room. It helps people to gain more knowledge about bitcoin, and when they are wanted to join in any bitcoin activities, it's easy for them to collaborate. Because crypto's world needs a better understanding and better knowledge bofore engaging on such activities.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:32:40 AM

Well, bitcoin can be a great start in the world of trading for many kids and not only kids lmao + it's relatively new and more simplistic to understand than all these stocks and their hard Lingo Cheesy
It's all about HODLing and "to the moon !"  Grin
So yeah it's definitely a great idea to include BTC in the classroom.
gartheugenio

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:41:21 AM

I think that in the future it is very necessary because bitcoin is popular all over the world and students need to grasp the basic information about bitcoin. I hope this will happen soon.
lazaruseffect11

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:41:43 AM

In my own opinion, teaching bitcoin inside the classroom in not even necessary. The idea of bitcoin is very complicated and is not appropriate to teach to students because they're still studying. Bitcoin is for those people who wants to earn money because of different reasons like they experience financial problems or they sre saving to have a better life in the future. If bitcoin will be teach in school, they will now focus on earning money rather than studying.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: