Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
deviant99

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:12:55 PM

I think the idea of including the teaching of bitcoin in a subject is not a good idea. Most probably the good thing is speaking specifically on bitcoin. Bitcoin might include in teaching finances or educating them to get more knowledge about bitcoin. It's good in applying in the field of IT but the problem is can it be accepted by the department of education in a particular country to allow this one to teach in the classroom.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
xamxam

Activity: 409

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:25:54 PM

I think yes,it can be just like to integrate bitcoin in some subject related. But i think it is good to teach bitcoin to the graduating students for them to not affect the course that they take or the studies in the whole year. Because we all know that everyone of us gave more time on bitcoin especially if we are newbie we can gave more time to learn and study about bitcoin.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:27:48 PM

Teachers that are teaching about bitcoins is really a good idea, So kids in high school or grade school will learn how to earn money in the early age and they might motivated as early of today and it will lead to their success.

FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:28:43 PM

yes,by learning about Bitcoin maybe Bitcoin can be an alternative to our work in the future.
and I think Bitcoin is one of the best topics and things you must know and learn,because our future is technology,so we have to learn Bitcoin because will be very useful later.
Maybe you're right! but i don't like this idea to bitcoin will be educated in the school. I feel if bitcoin will be known by friends or in the internet after a search, it will be more good. We should educate ourselves about this technolgy, As you said, The future is about technolgy, so people should begin to invest in bitcoins and other altcoins, in the future, we will collect a lot of money.

Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:52:21 PM

Yes, that is a good idea. But it is just suitable in countries where Bitcoin is legal. Otherwise, Government will not allow.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:08:08 PM

yes,by learning about Bitcoin maybe Bitcoin can be an alternative to our work in the future.
and I think Bitcoin is one of the best topics and things you must know and learn,because our future is technology,so we have to learn Bitcoin because will be very useful later.
Maybe you're right! but i don't like this idea to bitcoin will be educated in the school. I feel if bitcoin will be known by friends or in the internet after a search, it will be more good. We should educate ourselves about this technolgy, As you said, The future is about technolgy, so people should begin to invest in bitcoins and other altcoins, in the future, we will collect a lot of money.
when someone are trying to learn about bitcoin the first thing that they think about is to learn it or someone that they can teach it to them but the thing is it can be learn by your own just like for someone here that are now are learned about bitcoin with no help by the school that can be learn for.
doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:15:28 PM

I think teaching a bitcoin
would be a great idea.
For the people to know
the benefits of bitcoin.
bitcoin is very popular online currency. many people do not know what is bitcoin and how can it use? if we teach bitcoin is in the classroom the students will benefit and as well as bitcoin will be benifited.
I think you are right that bitcoin is the popular currency in the world and now the price high that become the top digital currency worldwide. If we teach about bitcoin in classroom so it’s not a bad thing because students needs to have knowledge about new technology and that will help them in their future.
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:26:07 PM

I think it is a better idea if schools integrate bitcoin in one of their curriculum or even just a topic as part of the subject of Economics subject. As student being taught of cryptocurrencies and how it affects nation's economy, they might also learn how to save money and earn money in crypto so they are earning while learning too.
Of course bitcoin is the future of money and if we teach bitcoin from now to students in the classroom then they will easily handle that and have a good plan for the future, and also bitcoin will become more popular worldwide and also help students to not worry about their future.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:38:59 PM

Yes, but probably not on kids to which you're trying to teach decimals... I'd say Bitcoin in the classroom starting with 16+ year old kids, in these ages they start having a better perception regarding money and they're still in a good age to demystify money and to alter the definition of money they have. Basically a good age for them to question why do they value printed pieces of paper saying they're worth X $ ou € or whatever.
I agree with this. Kids won't easily accept things about bitcoin because they need to focus more on basic things... and I think bitcoin is more for advanced. Teenagers somehow can be interested in there since almost all of them use social media and browse in the internet and bitcoin is a good thing for earning, trading, and investing.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dempsay

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:03:08 AM

I think it is a good idea to include bitcoin in the classroom, not just bitcoin but also blockchain and altcoins, this will be the future of the new world, we need to teach them to understand them.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:11:01 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
the goal in class is to teach something. if it is math, then you should teach math. if i count with apples or satoshis is not important, but the focus should be on learning math not on learning bitcoin.
This, the only way to teach about bitcoin is to create a bitcoin class, or that bitcoin is somehow related to your field, like those that pursue STEM careers but most likely those persons already know about bitcoin since they are the ones most likely to have heard of it from a friend.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:16:02 AM

Bitcoin and generally, cryptocurrency teaching should be encouraged. With the right knowledge, the students will be adequately prepared to contribute positively to the crypto world.

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:21:12 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

Not what I expect when  read the thread title, but OK Tongue. Yes of course Bitcoin could be the backstory for question in mathemathic, vudgeting, IT, etc. I mean why not? It's the technology of the future.

What I expect is even deeper than that. We could have a class about blockchain and cryptocurrency. It should discuss from basic cryptography, some economic materials related to digital currency, digital currency before Bitcoin (Hashcash, etc), and even to the code side of cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrency is such a broad subject. It worked on both technical side (cryptography, mathematic, computer code) and social side of human (economy, price speculation, etc). Would be great for a university major.
carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:08:52 PM

Very good idea, in my opinion. It teaches kids about currencies other than what they have in their pockets and cards.  It also allows them to be enlightened about what most people are doing with money by innovating them. Bitcoins can also allow kids to invest in an early age for their college funds etc.
Well I think in class room it’s a very good place to spared a knowledge of bitcoin because students are also going to take interest in bitcoin and I’m sure that bitcoin can help them in their future and in my collage we are going to discuss bitcoin on daily base and a lot of students are going to take profit from it so I think it’s important for bitcoin to be in class room.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:11:47 PM

Great idea! Maybe not compulsory, optional will do. Courses in medical science or agriculture are not required to have them in the curriculum. Only for IT and business students.

campion99

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:22:53 PM

I think should be used in the classroom
They can be used to collect fees
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:36:41 PM

Maybe Bitcoin could be included in some subject that teaches about finances, so not as a separate one. This would be maybe better if there are some parents who would object if too much attention would be given only to Bitcoin. But to my opinion young people should be introduced to Bitcoin as a part of their general knowledge and financial culture.
i can only see something like bitcoin being a small block in an economics course, there's not enough that bitcoin can offer in terms of subject material to create a cryptocurrency economics course, but that's just my own thought, others might think differently. on the same note, id think that a familiarization / introductory course in bitcoin and cryptocurrency basics as an elective / general ed class would be a better place for bitcoin in a classroom setting. the basics on use and security could offer enough material to fill a semester's worth pf time. there would even be enough material available as classroom aids; the test network would be an amazing tool for this if applied correctly. there could even be a lot of use the recent forks could offer in an academic environment, and the class could even make their own small fork given the tools to do so. there's a lot of potential even for lessons that go far beyond the basics in such a course.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:40:06 PM

I think should be used in the classroom
They can be used to collect fees
To collect fees of?  It would not be possible for schools especially those who are run by the government but as to the exclusive schools it can be possible.  But knowing that they are rich people, I do not think that they would try bitcoin.  I mean, some who have businesses are not that much aware of bitcoin.

As to be taught in the class, it can be a topic but not as a subject.  It would be a very good example for programming.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Minionnn

Activity: 204

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:58:39 PM

Although bitcoin has a lot of benefits, it is unlikely that government will accept bitcoin and allow bitcoin in schools. The appearance of bitcoin has reduced the number of people to the bank. Not only that, bitcoin trading is free, made by the internet so the state can not levy it.

pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:00:04 PM

No it's not good to teach Bitcoin in the school especially on kids because when they begun earning maybe they cannot concentrate enough on their other subject just because with Bitcoin they can have money

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: