June 26, 2024, 09:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:22:59 PM

One day Paypal will announce that they support Bitcoin, Ethereum and may be some other coins. Simple as that.
gua86402

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:31:10 PM

It seems that BTC is only a matter of time!

Because PayPal is legal in many countries, and BTC is illegal.

PayPal transfer fee is high, the BTC is legal, I think a lot of people will not like to use PayPal!
Gobeller

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:34:35 PM

I answered maybe, because it depends on Bitcoin itself. As of now, bitcoin isn't used enough to overcome PayPal, but if it improves to become a currency that anyone can use with fast and cheap transactions then bitcoin will overcome PayPal in the future.

Paypal is a real world company and they don't compete with bitcoin, never ever. Bitcoin is a currency, not a company. So this will never happen. Bitcoin is a unit of excahnge. Paypal is a payment processor.
TomLynch

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:06:20 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 06:37:23 AM by TomLynch

Paypal is a commercial platform which is worldwide online system that serves as an online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative like traditional paper methods like traditional checks and money orders which is hitting legally but bitcoin is illegal as per government constitution, so indirectly bitcoin already overcome paypal.
XFlowZion

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:41:57 AM

Utrust is the one that will compete Paypal and not bitcoin. Paypal is a service and bitcoin is a currency so they are totally different at all. So we should watch out if Utrust is really going to dominate the proven Paypal with its blockchain technology on its service.
Lorna t

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:59:04 AM

Smiley I am intrigued by this question and certainly that day to day bitcoin users hope to see what's going to happen but it takes more time because we also need lots of transaction per second capability and we also need lots of adoption so theres an ideal place for to spend bitcoin on.they have had the beginning adopting bitcoin of everyone having started asking guestions and forcing merchants to accept bitcoin and at one time I believed I can immediately replace the PayPal completely and from the school also accept bitcoin as a payment .the store mall has opened its door for a bitcoin .this middle east also uses this .I'm Sure somewhere with big brass PayPal for btc and wondering how to work even without going that tomorrow .hoping for the most important.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 10:05:15 AM

It could be possible in the future for bitcoin to overcome Paypal. It needs time for this to happen and of course bitcoin should become more stable for this to happen

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:02:23 AM

It is possible and Bitcoin has a big potential in doing that, it is way better that paypal but I think not in the soonest time, at least not yet. why? Paypal is now the middleman on purchases and payment for online shopping and stuff but it is regulated and controlled by government or financial institutions as per Bitcoin we are not yet there, I think once there are clear regulations and Bitcoin is already being used worldwide, then that time it can for sure.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
charliegengos

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:08:15 AM

it can happen in the near future, Becaus blockchain technology is far better than paypal for me, But there can be a lot things first to happen. I Do believe that blockchain will be the next best thing happen for mankind next to internet
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:27:16 AM

One day Paypal will announce that they support Bitcoin, Ethereum and may be some other coins. Simple as that.

This might happen sometime in the future if PayPal sees Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a real competition. But, until now, cryptocurrencies are far from becoming mainstream payment processors due to their limited ability to process transactions. Perhaps, with the upcoming scalability improvements, we'll be able to see a real difference in transaction throughput within cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, to help achieve the goal of overcoming PayPal. While it is highly unlikely that cryptocurrencies would overcome traditional payment processors (since fiat will co-exist in the future), I do believe that they would make a nice alternative against centralized solutions in the long run.

It would take a couple of years before we see a real change in Bitcoin and blockchain technology. As time passes by, the technology underpinning most cryptocurrencies would become improved to be able to handle the world's mainstream payments. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
buldogers

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:19:06 AM

Bitcoin can overcome Paypal in the future. However, Paypal was known to be a secured mode of payment online to sellers and buyers. This is what we need to do to Bitcoin we need bitcoin to be known as a secured mode of payment online. If this will happen, I think Bitcoin > Paypal isn't impossible.
Damsel_7

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:15:57 AM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin

Yes, it is because of true efficiency and a total overhaul or upgrade of outdated business models brought forth by unprecedented network-driven efficiencies.

The introduction of the Bitcoinus, a revolutionary online processing for crypto as the company tagged it started last January 22, 2018. The company wanted to make more altcoins available for payments to create more opportunities for all online businesses and crypto developers. Two years from now people will see the difference and after 5 years Paypal will be in trouble. That's from the CEO of the Bitcoinus Thomas Mikauskas.

The digital currency works, Bitcoin has greater volume transactions than Western Union and it is anticipated it will overtake PayPal later this year. That's from CEO Peter Tasca of Laureate Trust.

In the next two years, Bitcoin can surpass the dollar transaction volumes of other established payment companies including Discover, and even American Express, MasterCard, and Visa. That's from CEO Chaya Hendrick of SmartMetric.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:35:32 PM

Utrust is the one that will compete Paypal and not bitcoin. Paypal is a service and bitcoin is a currency so they are totally different at all. So we should watch out if Utrust is really going to dominate the proven Paypal with its blockchain technology on its service.
UTRUST is still a startup, it needs to works more and proves its dream is real in the future. Currently, I just see it like other startup crowdsale through ICO. A startup can be success or failure depend on developer can work hard and good or just lie.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:43:30 PM

yes it will. not every person know about paypal, but bitcoin, more and more people will know and curious about it
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

Bitcoin is a very powerful crypto that I saw in my life.Even the cryptoanalysts treat bitcoin as the future of our beautiful world.  I believe that the time if overcoming from the PayPal is not too far.
handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:50:13 PM

I say yes, because Paypal is the bank that will pay like facebook instagram and other social media to buy anything that you see all people using social media using paypal and yes i like bitcoin overcome paypal to manipulate also paypal the bitcoin.
bayupermana

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:02:30 PM

Paypal has too much limits on transaction and there is a fucking term of user , this term will fuck you so hard if you mess with it.
Bitcoin is totally freedom, transaction is worldwide , anonymous and the way faster than paypal( if you want to transfer them into fiats).
So why not? Bitcoin will overcome paypal in a nearly future.
Desperaboss

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:13:53 PM

Overcome paypal in terms of market capitalization or in terms of use as payment system? If bitcoin can get rid of the high volatility in a few years it sure can oversome paypal I suppose.

Gobeller

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:41:02 PM

Overcome paypal in terms of market capitalization or in terms of use as payment system? If bitcoin can get rid of the high volatility in a few years it sure can oversome paypal I suppose.

Paypal is working on p2p payments. Bitcoin is an investment method, paypal is not an investment method. With bitcoin, you can earn money, with paypal, if you're not selling items, you cannot earn money.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:58:58 PM

For me for now bitcoin can do paypal. Bitcoin is very bepotensi replace some of the most powerful currency ever there as for paypal is nothing compared to bitcoin. Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: