Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell or wait?  (Read 58345 times)
Kamuflase

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:42:49 AM

I think the best way is sell, I'm affraid that 2013 events reoccur because prices are difficult to climb, maybe next week the price will drop below the $1000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cacapzarg

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:32:37 AM

In my opinion its better to sell a part of investment and hold another part. With the hard fork / segwit battle, its difficult to know what the price will do, i suppose that if we had a fork with two chains prices will go down. But on long time, i think that we will have higher prices in one or two years.

In the long run the price won't be much affected, but in the short term this potential fork can turn out to drive the price down to possibly sub $500 levels. In that regard, it wouldn't hurt to liquidate some of your Bitcoin holdings to have a good sum of fiat aside for when the price reaches such low levels. Traders always prepare themselves for every possible scenario, and this whole fork situation is definitely not an exception.

I think it is better to sell some bitcoin to buy the good altcoins. When things are settled, buy back the bitcoin.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:36:16 AM

In my opinion its better to sell a part of investment and hold another part. With the hard fork / segwit battle, its difficult to know what the price will do, i suppose that if we had a fork with two chains prices will go down. But on long time, i think that we will have higher prices in one or two years.

In the long run the price won't be much affected, but in the short term this potential fork can turn out to drive the price down to possibly sub $500 levels. In that regard, it wouldn't hurt to liquidate some of your Bitcoin holdings to have a good sum of fiat aside for when the price reaches such low levels. Traders always prepare themselves for every possible scenario, and this whole fork situation is definitely not an exception.

I think it is better to sell some bitcoin to buy the good altcoins. When things are settled, buy back the bitcoin.

Right now it is too late as most of the good coins have gone up and Bitcoin price is also below $1100 so it is better now to wait for some time till the hardfork is cleared.

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

Just hold, don't sell unless it's necessary. With this wholew ETF story some people have begun to panic and sell but without reason. We have witnessed some minor dump or better to say correction but Bitcoin price is on the way up again so you will profit the most by holding coins.
That's the problem of bitcoin investors , most of them are scared when the price even drops 20$ thinking that bitcoin is over and the price is failing but they don't understand there will surely be dumps in an investment like this. Plus that freakin china is simply creating more tension among the investors.
Yes,I guess you're right about the Chinese government trying to make people panic sell and they are trying to make their believe in their Yuan because they believe bitcoin had something to do with Yuan loosing value and it good for we bitcoiners that we have a lot of new organisation, community, state etc. Believing in bitcoin but something must be done with the increase in bitcoin transaction fees.

Right now it is too late as most of the good coins have gone up and Bitcoin price is also below $1100 so it is better now to wait for some time till the hardfork is cleared.
Trading of altcoin is good and bad sometime just like doing business in the real world because most of the altcoin you see that gain some increase in price can loose their strength in a snap of fingers. But you still want to invest in altcoin will advice to invest in some altcoin which as exist for a long run.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:04:55 PM

Nah, I am not involved in altcoins anymore, and I am definitely not planning to do so right now. That however doesn't mean for the time being altcoins can't function as a decent hedge in situations like these. It's understandable that people look for some sort of temporary safe haven, but I rather convert my coins to fiat than having to convert them to altcoins. I am already prepared for whatever is going to happen as I have a decent amount of fiat ready to be put in action when needed. Another benefit for me is that the Euro is gaining value against the USD which will definitely play out in my advantage.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:07:02 PM

Just hold, don't sell unless it's necessary. With this wholew ETF story some people have begun to panic and sell but without reason. We have witnessed some minor dump or better to say correction but Bitcoin price is on the way up again so you will profit the most by holding coins.
That's the problem of bitcoin investors , most of them are scared when the price even drops 20$ thinking that bitcoin is over and the price is failing but they don't understand there will surely be dumps in an investment like this. Plus that freakin china is simply creating more tension among the investors.
Yes,I guess you're right about the Chinese government trying to make people panic sell and they are trying to make their believe in their Yuan because they believe bitcoin had something to do with Yuan loosing value and it good for we bitcoiners that we have a lot of new organisation, community, state etc. Believing in bitcoin but something must be done with the increase in bitcoin transaction fees.

Trading of altcoin is good and bad sometime just like doing business in the real world because most of the altcoin you see that gain some increase in price can loose their strength in a snap of fingers. But you still want to invest in altcoin will advice to invest in some altcoin which as exist for a long run.
i dont recommend that. In the long run bitcoin will outperform all the other altcoins because bitcoin is the best crypto around. Buy in pump altcoins and cash out at the top to transfer your altcoin into btc again. Dont stay in altcoin longer than a week.
Esenhowell

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:34:13 PM

With all these things that happens to bitcoin this month i would say that waiting is much recommended for now. Cause maybe 1 year o two years will passed bitcoin will hit the price that no one could ever imagined.
Probably, the best way is to wait and not just to sell your bitcoins because based on my experience there will be a time that the value of bitcoin will reach it's unimagined value and many people will just sell there bitcoin in order to have a high earning. And just like the other says "Patient is a Virtue". As you wait and wait you will recognize that your waiting for too long will be worth it because of high selling value. So I preffered for all of you to just wait and let the value of bitcoin increase. Smiley

That is true. At present, the future of the bitcoin is uncertain, so it is better to sell some to take some profit and let the rest ride the wave.
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:01:07 PM

i dont recommend that. In the long run bitcoin will outperform all the other altcoins because bitcoin is the best crypto around. Buy in pump altcoins and cash out at the top to transfer your altcoin into btc again. Dont stay in altcoin longer than a week.

buy on a pump is not smart ever, how can you tell that it s not already on the top when you buy?  because you can also lose big you enter to late
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 12:33:12 AM

With all these things that happens to bitcoin this month i would say that waiting is much recommended for now. Cause maybe 1 year o two years will passed bitcoin will hit the price that no one could ever imagined.
Probably, the best way is to wait and not just to sell your bitcoins because based on my experience there will be a time that the value of bitcoin will reach it's unimagined value and many people will just sell there bitcoin in order to have a high earning. And just like the other says "Patient is a Virtue". As you wait and wait you will recognize that your waiting for too long will be worth it because of high selling value. So I preffered for all of you to just wait and let the value of bitcoin increase. Smiley

That is true. At present, the future of the bitcoin is uncertain, so it is better to sell some to take some profit and let the rest ride the wave.

A person whoi is into bitcoins since a decent time period will never sell his coins at this stage and in fact he will prefer to hold them if he have money then he will take advantage of price drop by buying some more coins and if you will sell at this price then it will be worst decision you will make will regret in future when you see price going higher.
EeroTemel

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:20:02 AM

Right now the price is quite low and hence its much better to wait now rather than to sell, I won't be interested in selling a penny unless price at least reaches 1200$ or maybe even more. Come on guys little downfall and we all panic ? why so ?? Sad
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:49:02 AM

Right now the price is quite low and hence its much better to wait now rather than to sell, I won't be interested in selling a penny unless price at least reaches 1200$ or maybe even more. Come on guys little downfall and we all panic ? why so ?? Sad

I hope not everyone is waiting for 1100 or 1200 to sell because then we hit crash immediately again once we hit that number Wink
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:05:53 AM

I hope not everyone is waiting for 1100 or 1200 to sell because then we hit crash immediately again once we hit that number Wink
Well, maybe sell bitcoin that we have today will be a time-sat harmful. bitcoin hold that we have today is better than selling it, because the price of bitcoin is quite far from the price of $ 1,000. I think it may be very good if you sell when the price of bitcoin bitcoin above $ 1200
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:10:21 AM

Hi,

I don't know what to do  Cry

How you think bitcoin will go up or down in near 2-3 weeks?

It is very important for me...

What you will do with your btc also?

Thanks.

I'm buying.....long term holder....the logic goes like this ego wise

1) if I am correct I will be mucho pleased with myself in a few years

or

2) if I am wrong...as my one shot as gettting in on the ground floor (which would never happen) in a venture capitalist kinda bet....at least I man'd up and took a shot

3) ONLY shot I will have for a black swan event.....and be involved in something epic (either pumps/used or crashed/burned) ...but hey at least I'll have something to

talk about, when they drag me off to the nursing home in 20 years....so I'd rather the boat sink then me missing the boat as an 'odd' logic frame of mind

interesting times indeed

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:24:24 AM

I would agree to buy bitcoin. because we can take a sizeable profit when the price of bitcoin increase. see bitcoin user enthusiasm, still many dreams in the future.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:35:30 AM

if all people still selling bitcoin not hold bitcoin, i think is not good
because bitcoin price can hard down price, maybe can reach 700 dollar/bitcoin
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:33:45 PM

i will wait and keep it first before i sell .I will wait  to become more.Because that is my investment so i will wait.Maybe someday the price is become higher and my saving is more than my expectation... Smiley

Yeah same, I will wait because I'm optimistic prices will skyrocket, thus I will buy more of it, because there is no reason that the price will drop like this. This is a good opportunity, now buy about $1020, the beginning of april the price will reach $1100 or more.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

Holding for a while waiting for the price to be into normal one cuz once you sold your bitcoin you lose men i told you price is not okay for me when you are in need you can sold them all the price is quite good for you to do that.

dasana212

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:37:55 PM

Holding for a while waiting for the price to be into normal one cuz once you sold your bitcoin you lose men i told you price is not okay for me when you are in need you can sold them all the price is quite good for you to do that.

with bitcoin prices as today, I have sold more than half. I am reserving the other half, with the hope that prices will break the $ 1,200 bitcoin
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2712

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 02:39:47 PM

I strongly believe you can do both the selling and holding(waiting) of bitcoins, and at the same time grow your holding &  make a profit from it.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:48:52 PM

I strongly believe you can do both the selling and holding(waiting) of bitcoins, and at the same time grow your holding &  make a profit from it.

That's what most smarter minded people here do. If you look at what rookies are doing, then they basically force themselves to do one thing, while as you also pointed out, you can do both long term holding, and short term trading in order to fully utilize the frequent level of fluctuations that Bitcoin experiences. It's just a matter of allocating a certain percentage of your stash for the long term, and a certain percentage that will allow you to scoop up short term profits. But then again, no matter how many times you advice people to do something, they will just follow their own route as they are self appointed experts of the market. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: