Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell or wait?  (Read 58344 times)
daiyuba1971

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:02:38 PM

Depends on what your goals are and what you bought bitcoin for. And at what price. If you intend to keep a coin for a long time, then you do not need to sell now. But if you bought a coin cheaper than today's price, you can sell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:55:46 PM

Selling is not a good option at the moment.

If you are satisfied with the price today, then profit is profit. No matter how big the price of bitcoin will reach sooner. Once you had enough on it already, go sell it at your own comfort. But yes, it is not a good option if you are going to sell right now, selling some of your coins will be good for you for having money to spend but don't do the same with your remaining btc.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:08:26 PM

If you are satisfied with the price today, then profit is profit. No matter how big the price of bitcoin will reach sooner. Once you had enough on it already, go sell it at your own comfort. But yes, it is not a good option if you are going to sell right now, selling some of your coins will be good for you for having money to spend but don't do the same with your remaining btc.

Selling is definitely not an option considering the prices that are further reaching newer heights of insanity by going completely crazy over markets and this thing is getting real serious as we are hitting some real big numbers in terms of market cap as well as users, so holding on and waiting for a real time to sell it is the best part if you are not in an emergent need of some cash/fiat.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:16:55 PM

Selling is definitely not an option considering the prices that are further reaching newer heights of insanity by going completely crazy over markets and this thing is getting real serious as we are hitting some real big numbers in terms of market cap as well as users, so holding on and waiting for a real time to sell it is the best part if you are not in an emergent need of some cash/fiat.

You just contradict the idea of your statement about "not an option considering the price" since you mentioned in your last statement that "only if not in an emergency needs of cash or fiat".

Selling have different perspective with different people here. Even the price is on uptrend, there are people who are doing conversion. That is fine because it will give balance to the buy and sell system of bitcoin.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:23:20 PM

Op post is last January.  Prolly the date where BTC is at its ATH. A good trader could have either wait, average or cut loss to trade another coin which he thinks can earn rather than wait for btc to recover.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:35:41 PM

You just contradict the idea of your statement about "not an option considering the price" since you mentioned in your last statement that "only if not in an emergency needs of cash or fiat".

Selling have different perspective with different people here. Even the price is on uptrend, there are people who are doing conversion. That is fine because it will give balance to the buy and sell system of bitcoin.

Your point is correct that it is actually needed that both sides have equality and everyone should sell too, because if no one would sell, where will the buyers go? The comment that I gave was for OP himself and not for everyone and all including OP are not bound to do what I say, but the choice is theirs. However, I gave my opinion on what could be done, at least what I do during such situations. And no, I don't deny my idea here but the point was clear that the price is increasing and selling should only be done by people who are in real need of fiat, because this could probably give some more boost to the price as less sellers would be there and demand would increase to buy at higher prices.
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:54:09 PM

Just like what is happening right now the price is rapidly increasing and it is now on $1,337 though a couple of hours ago it was $1,346 it's only a $11 difference but that is a good sign that bitcoin is already going to come up again. So the most patient person in the market today will get a good profit in the end.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
chrisivl

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:57:29 PM

Just like what is happening right now the price is rapidly increasing and it is now on $1,337 though a couple of hours ago it was $1,346 it's only a $11 difference but that is a good sign that bitcoin is already going to come up again. So the most patient person in the market today will get a good profit in the end.

When will he make a profit? You can wait forever and die without selling. But why? Now the price is high and can be sold. Everyone knows that there will soon be an adjustment and the price will go down. If you sell now and buy at a low price soon, you can make a profit
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:06:40 AM

Hi,

I don't know what to do  Cry

How you think bitcoin will go up or down in near 2-3 weeks?

It is very important for me...

What you will do with your btc also?

Thanks.
Better learn to trade yourself than to rely on the opinion of strangers, I have no doubt there are some users that are very knowledgeable about the topic but most will give you their opinions without nothing to back them up.
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:10:02 AM

When will he make a profit? You can wait forever and die without selling. But why? Now the price is high and can be sold. Everyone knows that there will soon be an adjustment and the price will go down. If you sell now and buy at a low price soon, you can make a profit

That's different case, if he thinks that he got profit already then he can sell right away. But I'm saying that you could wait for some more because the more you wait the more profit that you'll get. And I'm not saying that you are oblige to hold for it forever because we know that we need to spend it for adoption.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Cacapzarg

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:21:09 PM

That's different case, if he thinks that he got profit already then he can sell right away. But I'm saying that you could wait for some more because the more you wait the more profit that you'll get. And I'm not saying that you are oblige to hold for it forever because we know that we need to spend it for adoption.

I think it is better to sell some bitcoin and buy some altcoins with active developments.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:43:43 AM

I think it is better to sell some bitcoin and buy some altcoins with active developments.
It might be a good idea, because we do not know how long the bitcoin price will survive high for now. But, when you sell it, you may still be able to expand the money you have for a business that also benefits.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:54:10 AM

For me it is always better to set a time frame like a year or two. I always do that. Whenever i buy bitcoin or earn I set a time frame that I will sell it after an year. But I never sell my whole bunch of bitcoin. I sell like 40-60℅. This way I can make a good profit also and I am safe from any dilemma or panic selling.
I would suggest to sell your bitcoin by the end of this year as I believe bitcoin will grow more and by then you can make a decent profit. Else if you think you have already made a decent profit out of your initial investment. You can sell it. It is totally upon you.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:42:01 AM

For me it is always better to set a time frame like a year or two. I always do that. Whenever i buy bitcoin or earn I set a time frame that I will sell it after an year. But I never sell my whole bunch of bitcoin. I sell like 40-60℅. This way I can make a good profit also and I am safe from any dilemma or panic selling.
I would suggest to sell your bitcoin by the end of this year as I believe bitcoin will grow more and by then you can make a decent profit. Else if you think you have already made a decent profit out of your initial investment. You can sell it. It is totally upon you.
I agree with you . Saving some bitcoin and also selling it partly is a wise choice. We can still benefit and also we can keep trying to get the best price. This is a trading strategy, with this we can still gain profit even in a time of panic.
Yatsan
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1231

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:10:49 PM

Hi,

Thanks.
If you are still holding your bitcoin then you should sell it know because the bitcoin price is in the pick price and I'm sure next to it is the dump of the price so It's better to sell know because the price right now is the new record or the highest of all time, just sell it and buy when it dump.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:59:18 PM

i think bitcoin is much more better than altcoin because bitcoin is very much powerful and stronger currency and bitcoin has no risk and we know bitcoin is very much secure currency than altcoin.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:10:54 PM

Hi,

Thanks.
If you are still holding your bitcoin then you should sell it know because the bitcoin price is in the pick price and I'm sure next to it is the dump of the price so It's better to sell know because the price right now is the new record or the highest of all time, just sell it and buy when it dump.
but i think it is still not the right time to sell bitcoin. to me i think the price of bitcoin will increase more and more and it is hopeful that its price is going to hit 2000 USD level in next few months and hopefully the price of bitcoin is going to cross 2500 USD level at the end of this year.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 11:58:51 PM

but i think it is still not the right time to sell bitcoin. to me i think the price of bitcoin will increase more and more and it is hopeful that its price is going to hit 2000 USD level in next few months and hopefully the price of bitcoin is going to cross 2500 USD level at the end of this year.

The right time will be decided by OP, if he needs the money badly then it is the right time to sell his stash.  If not, holding is the best option.  Buying BTC at this current price is not bad also, since we are all optimistic that price will go up in the following months.  But still as I said, OP have the decision to buy more.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Japinat

Merit: 680

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:44:25 AM

The right time will be decided by OP, if he needs the money badly then it is the right time to sell his stash.  If not, holding is the best option.  Buying BTC at this current price is not bad also, since we are all optimistic that price will go up in the following months.  But still as I said, OP have the decision to buy more.
Before you invest make sure you already have a plan on how your manage it, your personal needs is something that will distract your plan, other source should take care of it because you only put what you can afford to lose and that is intended for investment based on your projected term.
Well, as you said, when you are in badly need of money, this should be the last option and you can sell whatever the price will be.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:22:02 AM

I've started selling some of the balance I have. Because I think selling at $1500 is very profitable for me. I am also optimistic that bitcoin will probably break through $2000. But on bitcoin, I'm looking for profits to add my bank account balance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: