Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about immortality?  (Read 12052 times)
beafheart

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:59:41 PM

I think longer lives would be fantastic, but immortality would be a curse. If only you were to become immortal, it'd be a lonely life. Especially if you had to hide your immortality. If all humans were immortal, how would we procreate? It'd be like a standstill or the planet would be in ruins from overpopulation.

We should pursue medicine, not immortality. For reasons I stated above. It's just not feasible.

Curse, maybe. But we talk if all people will be immortal. Maybe that would be an impulse to open new planets and colonize them)

Yes, immortality would open up many new opportunities. But sooner or later the man would be tired of this existence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GuyFawkesStereotype

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:13:54 PM

I once had a dream about climbing Mount Everest and finding the secret to becoming a god. The weird thing is that I don't believe in Ascension, so I asked my pastor to interpret it (I'm a Christian) and he said he was not normally one to do that, and he pointed me in the direction of our local "Speaker-In-Tongues", as I like to call him. He said that the climb up the mountain was death, and the literal climb to heaven, while becoming a god was... well... he had no idea! lol. The point is that I think if we are going to be immortal at anytime in the future, it will be in the afterlife.

Note: I am not hating on any other religions with this post. I was only expressing my personal beliefs and opinions, so I ask that we remain civil if someone has an issue with my post.
wh04m1

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:55:17 AM

I don't think anything about immortality. I'm sure that the afterlife doesn't exist. Modern technologies in medicine of course help to extend the life but this is not enough. There is such a thing as quality of life. Why do I life in the hospital?

In fact, this is a separate problem that needs to be solved.
Human life is being extended. Scientists are working to find immortality. But one of the most important issues is the quality of life. Instead of living a life full of diseases, I prefer to live a short and quality life.
I also prefer to die quickly instead of  dying suffering in the last days of life.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:56:49 PM

I think longer lives would be fantastic, but immortality would be a curse. If only you were to become immortal, it'd be a lonely life. Especially if you had to hide your immortality. If all humans were immortal, how would we procreate? It'd be like a standstill or the planet would be in ruins from overpopulation.

We should pursue medicine, not immortality. For reasons I stated above. It's just not feasible.

Yes, but isn't main goal of medicine to cure any kind of disease and problems with human health? Even when someone go to clinical death, doctors try to bring him or her back, sometime they succeed sometime they don't. And there it is, they are trying to cure death if possible. Medicine try to cure everything even death, and in future i think it will succeed. And about overpopulation, people would find a way to leave Earth and populate other planets, that can be populated. And that will happen too, in future.
oxygen88

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:14:02 AM

I don't think it will be possible to attain immortality, because this is the law of nature
the.jack20

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:22:17 PM

We have to accept death. All living things will disappear. Our world has a certain life span. The universe has a certain life span.
After a specific moment, all energy in the world will be gone. And everything will be gone without asking for it.

It will be in big crunch as it is the big bang.
Everything in our life has a deadline. And beyond our life, as well. I do not believe in the immortality. I believe in the longevity. Many animals can live for over two hundred years. Scientists say that many insects live for a thousands of years, just falling into anabiosis. In this case, I believe, that some sort of immortality might exist.

For this, biological structures of animals in the nature can be examined. For example, elephants and turtles can live for 150-200 years.
Long life exists in other living things. It may be logical to examine them and apply them to human life.
I'm not saying that it is necessary to compare humans and animals. I say that there are a variety of creatures on Earth that, due to their physiology, live a little longer, but it can not be named "immortality".

When we come to point where we could use medicine to create healthy living cells, that will be first step for humanity to become immortal. When you can create new organs, and replace old ones, in that moment we will become immortal. Because we can replace everything that is bad with new ones and continue living life.

This kind of work is being done. By "cellular reprogramming", mice were allowed to age 25% longer.
Serious work is being done to extend human life. My opinion is that in the century we live in, human life will be about 150-200 years.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:40:50 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 06:35:01 AM by Gaaara

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

No. There no such thing, immortality does not exist, people just made this conclusion without any probability of solutions. Even perfect thing doesn't exist, I believe God that made this universe with balance and equality, so immortality will completely destroy this balance and without doubt the world will be full of chaos and terror.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:46:00 PM

We have to accept death. All living things will disappear. Our world has a certain life span. The universe has a certain life span.
After a specific moment, all energy in the world will be gone. And everything will be gone without asking for it.

Everything in our life has a deadline. And beyond our life, as well. I do not believe in the immortality. I believe in the longevity. Many animals can live for over two hundred years. Scientists say that many insects live for a thousands of years, just falling into anabiosis. In this case, I believe, that some sort of immortality might exist.

For this, biological structures of animals in the nature can be examined. For example, elephants and turtles can live for 150-200 years.
Long life exists in other living things. It may be logical to examine them and apply them to human life.
I'm not saying that it is necessary to compare humans and animals. I say that there are a variety of creatures on Earth that, due to their physiology, live a little longer, but it can not be named "immortality".

When we come to point where we could use medicine to create healthy living cells, that will be first step for humanity to become immortal. When you can create new organs, and replace old ones, in that moment we will become immortal. Because we can replace everything that is bad with new ones and continue living life.

This kind of work is being done. By "cellular reprogramming", mice were allowed to age 25% longer.
Serious work is being done to extend human life. My opinion is that in the century we live in, human life will be about 150-200 years.
I know that there are programs in medicine and science that goes around stop ageing and many other things that consider immortality. I don't know much, didn't know about Cellular reprogramming that you spoke of, but it does not surprise me not at all. I know that in future people would live a lot longer, how much... well that would only be guessing. Maybe human race will come to some kind of immortality one day. We can only hope and see if it happens in our life time Cheesy .
Mario274

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:07:22 PM

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

I want to be immortal. But I do not think immortality will be found. Biologically, all our organs have a limit. But human life can be extended. For example, a healthy life up to 200 years may be possible. For this, long-lived animals need to be examined.

Yes, I also heard that there is such a turtle gene age. Therefore, I believe that scientists will find a way to extend the life of man. But I do not believe you can become immortal. I would not want
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:17:04 AM

Interesting piece from World's Famous Futurist Ray Kurzweil:  ——>

"Reflecting on the massive leaps and bounds technology has made in the last few years, Kurzweil says that immortality is no longer a pipe dream. While we’ve spent the last several millennia rationalizing death, Kurzweil says, we no longer have to resign ourselves to this supposedly inevitable fate. Referring to the “exponential growth of information technology,” the inventor also predicted the appearance of computers the size of blood cells in the not so distant future, which would be able to make their way through our bodies and connect to the cloud. All this, he says, is a “2030 scenario.”
It’s all, in a strange way, part of the cycle of life, Kurzweil suggests. After all, as the human race has progressed, we’ve continuously extended our life expectancy — naturally, the next step is an essentially infinite number of years. In 10 or 15 years, he claims, we’ll be able to all but eliminate breakdowns in the body, or at the very least, depend less upon the physical self. Our thinking will reside partially in the cloud, allowing us to spread out our existence over various media. “If part of it gets wiped away, we’ll be able to re-create it,” he says."

Digitaltrend.com
MairaObergh

Activity: 270
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:08:27 AM

It's not possible.

Also imagine the possibilities of for example being tortured for eternity, because you're being kept alive.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:40:33 PM

I dont think immorality is even possible in the future.even uf it possible, will people want to live after a certain age? I dont think so .people want to die peacefully after a certain age .
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:46:41 AM

As far as I know there are someone whos a billionaire that is starting a project of putting all his memory into the computer.
He gathered a lot of geniuses all over the world to think of a way to do this impossible feat. Do you think they can surpass this impossible? If they can do this project there will be a lot of openings of discovery relating to these project like turning people into robots so they can live forever. Making cyborgs even pets, I think that is really scary.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:54:14 AM

Too many people are tied up in immorality to gain immortality.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 02:58:12 PM

Immortality is a nice idea, but just thinking about it - impossible. It's great but kind of sad. Living all those years where your loved ones die one by one.  You'd want to die soon if that happens, but hey, you're immortal, so no.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:21:41 PM

Immortality is possible. Have an idea, an idea so strong, an idea so deep that it lives long after you are gone.
An idea that will carry you forever and ever
Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:27:46 PM

Physical immortality in these flesh-sacks is unrealistic.

We'd need to have our consciousness transferred into a machine, to have any chance of attaining cognitive immortality.

Where do I sign up ? Will I have internet access ?

You're right. A man accustomed to your body and do not want to part with him. But the body can not be immortal. If we want immortality, then shall come to terms with the fact that the need to change body
the.jack20

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:45:54 AM

I know that there are programs in medicine and science that goes around stop ageing and many other things that consider immortality. I don't know much, didn't know about Cellular reprogramming that you spoke of, but it does not surprise me not at all. I know that in future people would live a lot longer, how much... well that would only be guessing. Maybe human race will come to some kind of immortality one day. We can only hope and see if it happens in our life time Cheesy .

A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:52:54 PM

Immortality may be good for one person, but if the entire population of earth will never die we will face with overpopulation and food crisis. The best solution would be the extension of active life up to 150-180 years
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:20:23 PM

who want's to live that long. there are too many negative effects when you get old. I think hundreds of years before it was better, we had diseases which killed big amount of population, and the lucky one who survived died at the perfect age of max 35. So no need to worry about retirement, no cancer when you are old. just the best of your life the lights go off before it starts to get worse.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: