Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:45:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RCHAIN  (Read 44364 times)
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

So exchange/swap AMP for RCHAIN tokens. What will you do then with the AMPs you collect, sell it on the exchange to get BTC or keep it? Why not just directly ask for BTC to be "invested" instead of AMP?
jimscarver

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

I have a unique perspective on the AMP being between a RHOC and a hard place having friends on both sides.

RChain clergy see Synereo abandoning commitment to scalable proven behaviour of networks under user control owned by the people.

Synereo clergy sees RChain as a pipedream solution to unsolvable problems with too many loose ends to be successful.

In my view they are both right however there is some magic on the RChain direction enabling evolution that in effect conquers the impossible.  I plan to redeem 3/4 of my amps for rhoc.

A case in point is FLP impossibility which proves you cannot guarantee consensus with even one faulty processor on the network. While we may like to ignore the fact this proves that even Bitcoin is vulnerable.  One the one hand the Casper Proof of Stake consensus mechanism of RChain will always be flawed necessarily it embodies a means of attracting consensus in a maximally consistent history attracting in what I call proof of proof. At the same time the rules for conflict resolution are allowed to evolve by following personal rules innovating solutions by human consensus.

Furthermore the RChain vision offers a model of provably trustworthy computing where everything is verified and nothing is taken for granted. This applies far beyond the domain of ordinary blockchains reinverting the internet to be safe enabling personal and social freedom leading toward victory in the information war empowering us to freely collaborate on solving the problems facing humanity.

Synereoites laugh a Greg for suggesting that RChain will enable us to effectively deal with issues like climate change and call me a "true believer" in Greg's pipe dream. I do understand their reservations and agree building the Synereo social network now with existing tools is a good idea.  I agree with Greg that the attention economy will eventually require RChain of the equivalent but it is also important then we experiment with a first approximation that can serve as a bridge to the future. https://medium.com/@jimscarver/rchain-best-synereo-scenario-it-may-be-a-very-good-time-to-buy-amps-f1ce6e446e11#.extf5za67

Getting Synereo out soon should be easy. Building RChain will be hard. While I say RChin is hard, the difficulty is being true to the vision that is so BIG and revolutionary, challenging so much of what we have learned and come to believe, employing mathematics beyond the reach of ordinary programmers, that if it were not for the faith of people like myself and the great minds participating in the project it would indeed be a pipe dream. I am reminded of the words of JFK, "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organise and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.”

The devotion of Greg, myself and many others gives me confidence that we will do this thing with or without finding.  At the say time, the prospects of funding from Otto, others, and potential token sales convinces me RChain will be well funded.
DefendKebab

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:38:51 PM

This coin is a scam greg wont be able to deliver anything.

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:46:02 PM

But what is the plan for investors to fund Rchain that is for the commons? what clear advantage after 5 or 10 yrs will amp investors have even if it can be created?

xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:48:40 PM

Can greg reply to the allegations being made here ? He does have an account here
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:18:05 PM

Can greg reply to the allegations being made here ? He does have an account here

Yes, Greg has an account on Bitcointalk.  It is leithaus.

Greg, Ed, and Christian (aka coininterview) are full of shit.  They know damn well what they are doing is ILLEGAL!  Yet, they continue to try to trick people into giving them money!  TOTALLY UNETHICAL!  IF YOU GIVE THEM ANY MONEY, YOU WILL LOSE IT!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:03:13 PM

Yes, Greg has an account on Bitcointalk.  It is leithaus.

Greg, Ed, and Christian (aka coininterview) are full of shit.  They know damn well what they are doing is ILLEGAL!  Yet, they continue to try to trick people into giving them money!  TOTALLY UNETHICAL!  IF YOU GIVE THEM ANY MONEY, YOU WILL LOSE IT!

This is not an ICO or an investment opportunity. Its a swap. Theres nothing illegal about a swap. You've said this multiple times but have not presented any accusations of substance. Nor are you a representative of Synereo Ltd.

I am not a representative nor member of the Rchain coop. I am not selling anything. I can only educate facts and the facts are the swap is happening at in the next few days and the terms and conditions are very straight forward.

The FACT is, if you idiots go forward with the "swap" and infringe upon Synereo LTD's property rights, you will be in BIG TROUBLE and anyone who gives you any money WILL LOSE IT.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:03:50 PM

Interested to see how RChain will develop.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:40:06 PM

Interested to see how RChain will develop.

Spoiler Alert

Lucius Gregory Meredith, Ed Eykholt, Christian Peirson, and everyone else supporting them in their attempt to steal property from Synereo LTD are going to have a bad time.  Greg is going to lose his Subaru.  Ed is going to find out just how "lively" this "gig" is going to get.  Christian is going to get his parent's foot up his ass if they have any goddamn common sense.

coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:09:59 PM

So exchange/swap AMP for RCHAIN tokens. What will you do then with the AMPs you collect, sell it on the exchange to get BTC or keep it? Why not just directly ask for BTC to be "invested" instead of AMP?

AMPs will be locked in escrow. Rchain Coop has a board of directors. They will collectively decide how to fund the project. The AMPs will not be dumped on the exchange.

greg at 34:25 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8idnSrTDWA&t=3425s

This not an ICO thats why they arent asking for BTC.

Further clarity for those who think this is an "investment opportunity". Its not..its swap.

1.5. Promotional Credits you receive are personal to you. RChain does not support the listing of Promotional Credits on third party cryptocurrency exchanges. Additionally, Promotional Credits may not be used in any way in connection with any derivative, future, fund, share, dividend, profit distribution, or any other type of investment or security, however described or labeled. You also agree not to purchase or otherwise receive or acquire any type of derivative, future, fund, share, dividend, profit distribution, or any other type of investment or security based upon or in connection with Promotional Credits. Promotional Credits have no intrinsic value, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value, and serve merely as a means to provide an incentive to use our services. Promotional Credits may not be purchased for cash.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pZZ6LYpZVPsRbpqmtDp5rUWUIlrzNrn_Tec6EbAlgZ0/edit

AMPs will be locked in escrow - for how long? Forever? AMPs will not be dumped - but will they be "sold" in exchanges for BTC?

If you plan to lock up AMPs and not cash in on it - why not just offer RCHAIN tokens for free - give it away like byteballs or ETC? Or put a site and those that will link up their AMP address, just match in % the value with RCHAIn tokens.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:59:31 PM

AMPs will be locked in escrow. Rchain Coop has a board of directors. They will collectively decide how to fund the project. The AMPs will not be dumped on the exchange.

Further clarity for those who think this is an "investment opportunity". Its not..its swap.

1.5. Promotional Credits you receive are personal to you. RChain does not support the listing of Promotional Credits on third party cryptocurrency exchanges. Additionally, Promotional Credits may not be used in any way in connection with any derivative, future, fund, share, dividend, profit distribution, or any other type of investment or security, however described or labeled. You also agree not to purchase or otherwise receive or acquire any type of derivative, future, fund, share, dividend, profit distribution, or any other type of investment or security based upon or in connection with Promotional Credits. Promotional Credits have no intrinsic value, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value, and serve merely as a means to provide an incentive to use our services. Promotional Credits may not be purchased for cash.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pZZ6LYpZVPsRbpqmtDp5rUWUIlrzNrn_Tec6EbAlgZ0/edit

AMPs will be locked in escrow - for how long? Forever? AMPs will not be dumped - but will they be "sold" in exchanges for BTC?

If you plan to lock up AMPs and not cash in on it - why not just offer RCHAIN tokens for free - give it away like byteballs or ETC? Or put a site and those that will link up their AMP address, just match in % the value with RCHAIn tokens.

I think you didn't understand. They will lock it up until they start to sell. When? Whenever they decide to.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 01:03:53 AM

I think you didn't understand. They will lock it up until they start to sell. When? Whenever they decide to.

Indeed. But there is a general agreement by the board not to crash the AMP price.. In my understanding the AMPs converted in the redemption event are to be used for business expenses (Hiring developers etc).

You forgot to mention legal fees.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 01:47:32 AM

Indeed. But there is a general agreement by the board not to crash the AMP price.. In my understanding the AMPs converted in the redemption event are to be used for business expenses (Hiring developers etc).

Suing a open source project? All the IP is the in public domain. Free, open, transparent. Looks like synereo has lost touch with its values to me.

Suing a for-profit and non-profit company and individuals who steal IP.  All the IP is NOT in the "public domain".  Stop lying.

ICOcountdown.com (OP)

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 01:49:59 AM

Suing a open source project? All the IP is the in public domain. Free, open, transparent. Looks like synereo has lost touch with its values to me.

Suing a for-profit and non-profit company and individuals who steal IP.  All the IP is NOT in the "public domain".  Stop lying.

Can you explain parts that aren't in the public domain?

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:59:37 AM

Suing a open source project? All the IP is the in public domain. Free, open, transparent. Looks like Synereo has lost touch with its values to me.

I talked to the attorney on the team. Rchain coop has registered the trademarks. Rchain was developed by a 3rd party dating back to feb 2016. What IP are you referring to? everything code wise is in the public domain.

Lol... What type of clown legal counsel did you morons hire?

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:16:46 AM

Suing a open source project? All the IP is the in public domain. Free, open, transparent. Looks like Synereo has lost touch with its values to me.

Suing a for-profit and non-profit company and individuals who steal IP.  All the IP is NOT in the "public domain".  Stop lying.

I talked to the attorney on the team. Rchain coop has registered the trademarks. Rchain was developed by a 3rd party dating back to feb 2016. What IP are you referring to? everything code wise is in the public domain.

Why do you care?

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:33:17 AM

Suing a for-profit and non-profit company and individuals who steal IP.  All the IP is NOT in the "public domain".  Stop lying.

Why do you care?

Thank you for deflecting the conversation.

Seek treatment!

ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 04:34:18 AM

Why do you care?

Seek treatment!

Quite rude that you still do not have an adequate response as to the negative of Rchain.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:43:11 AM

Why do you care?

Seek treatment!

Quite rude that you still do not have an adequate response as to the negative of Rchain.

"Rudeness" is the least you retards have to worry about.

ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 04:49:39 AM

Why do you care?

Seek treatment!

"Rudeness" is the least you retards have to worry about.

You can say whatever you like but conduct to me means alot  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: