Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find out a legit ICO?  (Read 22462 times)
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:09:24 PM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
there is no way to tell if an ico is legit or scam, just take the risk, and find their public information if its legit or not, decide for yourself if you are satisfied for the information given.
Bitcotalk (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:20:31 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
there is no way to tell if an ico is legit or scam, just take the risk, and find their public information if its legit or not, decide for yourself if you are satisfied for the information given.
There are so many ways you can simply find out if an ICO is legit or scam, the only thing you cannot find out is if the ICO is going to be successful or not, which for most ICOs with a great team, investors are normally refunded. Identifying a scam starts with the team and as long as you can identify a team that is ready to work pretty well, and there is a product to invest in, then you will not have a problem with your investment being a legit one or not based on what you eventually find out.
fordsons

Activity: 92
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:29:30 AM

Its not so easy to fin legit ICO but you have many basis and reference which the reason to make you guidance on how perfectly you can choose an ICO that its legit.Try also for telegram channel communication and the background of the team.
Nothing is easy which is the reason why proper and due diligence is needed to be able to survive the ICO space and for those lazy enough to do this due diligence, they are normally the ones that end up involved in a scam project.

Be sure you are investing in a project with a product and not just an empty promise, and you should also be ready to invest in a project with experienced and well vast team members and not just some young dudes looking for ways to get rich faster.
teleminergroup

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:32:57 AM

To find out the legal project iso - you need to know if they have documents confirming the opening of the company
frey_oh

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:37:18 AM

when you ask developers for information about themselves or the project and they will not open, it is a sign of fraud and checking the site also will not increase your level of trust, so I believe it is better away from ico, although sometimes that is a big advantage but the risk is very large
coinic

Activity: 352
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

To find out the legal project iso - you need to know if they have documents confirming the opening of the company
Before you involve in ICO projects make it sure you read all  the details about what they produce and have a prior observation of the following. Also it's good to determined those who manage.

Leenwar

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:24:05 AM

I always check the team experience on Linkedin, their blog articles, if it gives real value or just complete shill and when I find a project that looks legit, I dig into it on the technical level.
JovhanHermias

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 12:17:05 PM

You cant tell if that ICO is 100% legit because even in some famous ICO sites there are still scam ICO, its just like gambling but when you gamble in the right project you can be rich in an instant.
bryle10

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:28:12 PM

Entering in ICO was very risky , we dont know if it is a scam or not . So we should be carefull in choosing where we can join in .. Always be active checking the status of it , and join some telegram account about that project so you can get ideas to others.
extrajuu333

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:33:00 PM

i think you should do your own research and then maybe you can filter out the scams pretty well
alexhitch20

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:28:51 PM

You just have to do a lot of research, no way of knowing for sure. Obviously ICOs are one of the riskiest possible investments that you can make.
zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:31:18 PM

Here people do not know how to find a good bounty project and here it is still more difficult because finding a good project for investing now is something very awful you can imagine what it is like to look for a nail in a garbage can, it's about the same.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:42:59 PM

If developers hide their data, then this is the first sign of fraud. Such projects should be avoided. In top projects, there are names and stories about the whole team, no one is hiding it.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:52:03 PM

I think we have the same experience and knowledge about the ICO project. with the rank you have, you should have had a lot of experience and insight about analysis for ico.
yes, the experience of making knowledge in terms of reviewing and studying various conclusions, especially in the project that was allegedly a scam.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:56:39 PM

I think we have the same experience and knowledge about the ICO project. with the rank you have, you should have had a lot of experience and insight about analysis for ico.
yes, the experience of making knowledge in terms of reviewing and studying various conclusions, especially in the project that was allegedly a scam.
Now, if I only rely on the ICO provider site, I think that is not something that can be used as the best way, I have experience in searching for ico, I think it influences how to determine ico that can grow optimally and not scam. the main factor is to be more selective in choosing ico and be careful.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:04:18 PM

experience is the main capital to be able to choose the right projects ico. By having experience, we will always learn in the face of various conditions and that will usually make us smarter in choosing projects. what I used to do was see the team behind the project, when these people had a good reputation, I would not hesitate to invest in those projects. Professional people will have excellent abilities in managing projects and that will determine the direction of success of the project in the future.
Btcnaivie

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

Well, as what you have said developer is anonymous. In that name ICO is not legit. All information of the ICO project should be visible and clearly stated in all social media. The platforms also of the ICO project you are going to invest must be original and not copied by any other existing ICO. That is just a basic things to know on how you can say that the ICO you are going to invest is legit.
daglordjames

Activity: 550

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:11:54 PM

i read the white paper and check their team but i think the other just check the ratings of their ico.
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:12:56 PM

Nothing good comes very easy that suggest that there is need for any investor to always make a propare research before investing in any project. In most cases ICO that are back up with a  companies or a working products is the best to invest on . Example: "SportsFx ICO "  is own by a powerful sports industry. https://www.sportsfix.io.      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4380637.0
LucaBlight
Copper Member

Activity: 109

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:58:14 AM

The best strategy is to do your research about the entire Project and also  Famous Bounty Manager is also a good indicator because they are filtering Scam Project. One of the best ICO im investing the WPP Energy Project that is established in Switzerland one of the best Clean Energy Provider that is already implemented to its partnered Government to reduce the Energy Crisis with an affordable price !

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: