Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find out a legit ICO?  (Read 22459 times)
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:22:06 AM

It was such a long time discovering how to identify a legit ICO. Well, if you are asking if it not a scam or not, my only answer is if it was not found out a scam ICO then it is a legit one. Even legit one can become an unsuccessful project or a scam one, can be a successful one. It is on how it will be implemented and develop. If the team decided to continue with the development, it is legit but if not, it is a scam. Be careful in choosing and supporting a project. Make sure that it will really help everyone and not only those who have participated in it.
If the project turns failed and or scam that means it is not legit. Legit project is a project that have really high chance of success instead of failed.
People are not calling random investment as long as the devs identities are known to be legit. It doesnt work that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clavirda

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:05:32 AM

I am fully convinced that you always need to be thorough in choosing an appropriate ICO project in order to minimize your risks. Among the prerequisites of a suitable choice is the availability of sufficient information about the project. You need to be able to find information about the developers, strategy, product and plans for further development.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:37:06 AM

If the anonymous developer then avoids from having to take on more risk. This certainly was a better decision that must be signed but not trust with what is running. This is the same as like gambling which the ICO legit results and not be visible at the end of this time and even be a hoax then not realize it and even late.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 04:46:57 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
ICO with a good composition of teams and unique business ideas, is the idol of all investors
but this only applies when 2017 is in accordance with this post you made,
for now, there is no ICO that can guarantee the success of investors, even the majority of the ICO is a SCAM, which we all must be able to forget about ICO as an investment mode that is no longer well done now
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:48:44 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?

Read, read, and read some more.  Scan the internet.  Preferably find candidates with real people who are actively communicating.  A lot of ICOs are now governed by regulatory agencies so that should make fact finding about various businesses that choose to use an ICO as funding/contract vehicle.  

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:52:06 AM

Legitimate ICO the majority do not use anonymous. Because that is one of the notes and criteria for investors and also participants in choosing ICO. They will tend to choose ICO with a clear identity from the developer. By knowing who the developer is, they can track references and biodata from the developer, whether they have the ability or not.
QueenCryptomarket

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

Of course it is difficult to find a decent ICO project for investment. I choose the project that is already being traded on some exchanges and has real work experience in its particular field. You can invest in such projects with the least risks and possible good earnings.
cryptomaster420

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:32:53 PM

If you really want to be certain that an ICO is legit, go only for ICO-s by companies that are already profitable, popular and with an established business - unlike scammers, these have a ton to lose.
The list is too short though, so if you want to expand it you'll need to read a lot of whitepapers and do a ton of background research on the creators, so get ready for a party if that's the case
 Grin

apitico

Activity: 571
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:57:50 PM

I think that at the moment it is impossible to find out reliably, but you can distinguish more good ICO, from fraudulent, but it still can not be 100 percent sure.

Luke NY
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

Currently, to be sure that an ICO project is legitimate, you can make a choice in favor of those who have already proven themselves to be reliable, profitable with a stable strategy, you need to have information, facts, and analysis.

Cpt. Africa

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:43:01 AM

I always look at team strength - are there industry experts, legal advisers, people with past success, marketers, and of course developers, then technolog. Is a security plan outlined? have previous bugs/problems been resolved? And for sure check code open source with activity in GitHub or not. and of course solution. Ask myself: is the problem real and the solution feasible?"
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:09:11 AM

It must be admitted that at present there are too many ICO scams that make investors worry, I also feel that way, even the high rating of the ICO rating site but that does not guarantee that the ICO is successful.

If ISO has a high place on the rating site, then this is a 99% fraudulent project. Because all ratings are sold and they are bought by fraudsters.

starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:53:40 AM

In principle, this is not difficult, the main thing is to conduct a detailed analysis of the ICO, project, team and documents!
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:55:20 PM

At that moment, you can rely on the design and look of all the advertising platform that those ICO's are using such as website, telegram, bitcointalk announcement, etc. Through that, you can see which ICO's is somehow giving their effort and might be legit.

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:07:02 PM

its nearly impossible to find a legit/trusted ICO in my opinion.
But you can go an take some free Airdrop Tokens from some new ICOs thats what i done .

regards
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:38:59 PM

Currently, to be sure that an ICO project is legitimate, you can make a choice in favor of those who have already proven themselves to be reliable, profitable with a stable strategy, you need to have information, facts, and analysis.

It is enough to find detailed information about the project. Legitimate ICOs are generally registered in countries with a favorable legislative system.
Do not participate in projects registered offshore.
PDAngel

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:30:05 PM

Real talk, there are 95% of all ICO's that are not legit and will end up scamming or running after reaching their target/goal.
Then 5% of it will remain as legit and will end up continuing their goal or project until the end.

So let's say if there are 100 ICO's therefore there are only 5 ICO's who are legit. Therefore the best answer to your question is, no professional individual that can tell that it is a good ICO and legit.
You will be lucky if you can join the right ICO, thought there are few means that you can hold on to found a semi legit ICO. Research their team, project, origin of the project, business registration number, roadmap, whitepaper and review from other forum members.
Pontorez

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:31:13 AM

I continue to believe in the huge potential and real benefits of the development of the modern ICO market. But at the same time, I have to admit that recently the number of ICOs has become too huge. Scammers and unsuccessful projects undermine investor confidence, so you need to carefully consider the choice - examine information about developers, development plans and the finished product.
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:52:31 AM

I think it is really hard to find out a legit ICO because even I always careful in participating some ICO I still ended up participating scam ICO because as I read and research their projects and teams they also have the same purpose in their target success in the future that's why I couldn't say that I always participated a legit ICO in the past year.
IrinaDuisimbekova

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 12:33:37 PM

Although there is no foolproof way of finding a legit ICO, you can always look for a few things to maximize your chances of making the right investment. Check out the website and development team behind the ICO in question, see if the project has attained VC funding, consider the level of community support that the project has, examine their whitepaper, find out if they have a smart contract, and get all the information related to their token sale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: