Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:48:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29420 times)
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:36:06 PM

There is a difference between trading and investing in trading you can have control on your funds and you can take decision according to your wish where as in investing you are depending on others to make profits so basically you cannot have control on your own funds.
The real difference between trading and investment is how you make decisions, when investing you just put your money for a specific amount of time and if you are lucky you get profit, trading you are in control of how you earn you just have to look at the market and find out when the price is going to rise and exchange when it is.

You are wrong if you said that investment is based on luck because there is no luck in it but it is fully profitable, it is just matter of time when you got huge or small profit. Because this is business, everyone want to get profit including bankers. Mean while if trading you need yo take control of market itself to get good profit which is noy much people can do this exactly. Most of them only know basic strategy which is buy low and sell high

But for me I will do both instead of choosing one of them which that I need to do  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:46:33 PM

There is a difference between trading and investing in trading you can have control on your funds and you can take decision according to your wish where as in investing you are depending on others to make profits so basically you cannot have control on your own funds.
The real difference between trading and investment is how you make decisions, when investing you just put your money for a specific amount of time and if you are lucky you get profit, trading you are in control of how you earn you just have to look at the market and find out when the price is going to rise and exchange when it is.

You are wrong if you said that investment is based on luck because there is no luck in it but it is fully profitable, it is just matter of time when you got huge or small profit. Because this is business, everyone want to get profit including bankers. Mean while if trading you need yo take control of market itself to get good profit which is noy much people can do this exactly. Most of them only know basic strategy which is buy low and sell high

But for me I will do both instead of choosing one of them which that I need to do 
Investments can be based on luck because most if you are lazy person and you just want to find investment site and then put your money then we can consider that investment is based on lucks but it will become 'not' based on luck if we do good research before investing on the investment site because almost of the informations can be found in the internet we just need to be patient.
Maximilian_333

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:47:04 PM

Buy low and sell higher is the principle of trade. It is less risky and can bring you income for a shorter period. In addition to trade you are in control and run the risk of only the incremental cost. Investment is another. You trust your money to another person and risk losing them all. In this case nothing depends on you. You just expect good work from someone entrusted money. Your income will stretch for a long time, but you don't have to work. The choice is yours.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:01:12 PM

There are many ways to find the difference between this two. Trading was a form of a place of your assets where you choose to buy a coins for to trade it. while investing is a concepts the you are using it to use it as a way of payment to your assets,.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:32:51 PM

There are many ways to find the difference between this two. Trading was a form of a place of your assets where you choose to buy a coins for to trade it. while investing is a concepts the you are using it to use it as a way of payment to your assets,.
I guess only the time frame would be big differences between trading and investing. Investors are just long term traders in my view.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:16:23 PM

In trading, it's either you'll buy and hold it for better which is also considered as investment. There are people that are saying that these two are not that far and totally the same including me. Because we believe that trading is a form of investment, however there are a lot of factors that they are making each of them different.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Oatmeal

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:46:26 PM

The difference of trading and investing, trading is when you have to exchange in economics example is you have to buy fish you have to trade money for you to buy fish. And investing can be stocks, bonds, mutual funds, interest-bearing accounts, land, derivatives, real estate, artwork, old comic books, jewelry -- anything an investor believes will produce income or become worth more.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:18:04 PM

The difference of trading and investing, trading is when you have to exchange in economics example is you have to buy fish you have to trade money for you to buy fish. And investing can be stocks, bonds, mutual funds, interest-bearing accounts, land, derivatives, real estate, artwork, old comic books, jewelry -- anything an investor believes will produce income or become worth more.
Most of your statement is wrong although you have the idea of it. You are defining trading in the old way, right now trading and investing can either be used in both Stock or Forex even in the Cryptocurrency Market. It really does not involve any exchange of goods but Trading and Investing can be differentiated  by how long do you hold the Stock or Currency or Altcoin. Trading typically refers to short term profit taking which can involve hourly to weekly positioning while investing takes months before you profit from it. Trading also relies heavily on Technical Analysis while Investing relies on Fundamental Analysis.
chachaa

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:14:27 PM

I think that when you trade, the person himself determines the risks. And the result of the trade is completely dependent on his actions. When investing the result depends on another person
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:37:45 AM

During trading, you need to think with your head and make your own decisions. In case of loss, it will not be so offensive, you can learn from your mistakes. During the investment, you do not need to bother with the choice of strategy and the miscalculation of profit options.

Exceptionally you are wrong because for both there is risk involved, because before investing and trading you have to find all possible ways, whether you will make the profit from it or not. But when compared to investment, trading will be in our control.

But if you look for higher returns on your investment, then definitely you have to bear the losses, because when you do invest, the control of your money will be not our hands.
I agreed and will support you on that matter. Both of them are really had risk involved, however even is like that, the trading you are choosing something which is altcoin will be one of your assets and once you already made a choice on which coins you are going to trade you will use your investment to have that assets. Then once you had it already it is time for you to control it through trading it in the exchanges market.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:43:36 AM

I think that when you trade, the person himself determines the risks. And the result of the trade is completely dependent on his actions. When investing the result depends on another person

What you said is correct , in trading we use our own way of system and analysis for trading and what ever outcome is our own risk but in investing you just see that where are you investing and what they are going to do with your investment so if any fault done by the invested company will be your risk also so here you are playing on other persons knowledge.

kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:44:44 AM

For me trading is also an investing as without putting your money you can go for trading but its true that my end result will depend on how I act during the entire process and if I make a right move at a right time then it the results will be positive for me.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:36:59 PM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

Investing is you want your money to invest in someone or you invest it to your trust site you can see it but you can not control it is controlled by someone. But in trading your the one who control and watch your money to grow you can get it what time or day you want. So investing is definitely different from trading.
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 12:51:27 PM

For me trading is also an investing as without putting your money you can go for trading but its true that my end result will depend on how I act during the entire process and if I make a right move at a right time then it the results will be positive for me.

agree with this, because if we bought a coins and we don't sell it when the price is higher and keep to save until we see the highest price, then i think its should be an investing too. but in investing, if we send our money into one programs, we can not use our money for any of purpose and only wait after the programs is ended and we can take our money with profit.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:53:38 PM

Most of the investment mention are investment in only bitcoin. Investment in altcoins with prospect can save a longtime wait. It is the most interesting part of bitcoin where u get engaged daily with news on the project. It is risky but if u wisely invest u can make a massive profit of your bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:58:32 PM

I guess only the time frame would be big differences between trading and investing. Investors are just long term traders in my view.
No you are wrong the difference is not just the time frame of the service but these two are different from each other. In trade a person have full control on his money and he work like his own business while in investment you actually spend your money on someone else business and he in return pay you the profit.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:05:52 PM

No you are wrong the difference is not just the time frame of the service but these two are different from each other. In trade a person have full control on his money and he work like his own business while in investment you actually spend your money on someone else business and he in return pay you the profit.
Trading can be investing also because as you said, investment is where you spend your money on someone else business and that is what you are doing in trading, you are spending your money into someone else business or what we call a coin or altcoin and then you will just keep it for the mean time and you will sell it for a higher price to gain profit. In the end it is all about the same thing that is called getting profit.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:07:30 PM

As mentioned trading too can be considered similar to an investment because the maximum we invest the more will be our profit. With less investment we cannot earn a big amount through trading. Only difference is we get an small percentage for the amount placed as investment but with trading we need to participate in regular buying and selling process.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:25:18 PM

but i do not think that there is any difference between trading and investment. i think trading and investment are the same things. when we  are using the trading its means that we are investing our money in some thing.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
shillfudder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:28:57 PM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments. Investors often enhance their profits through compounding, or reinvesting any profits and dividends into additional shares of stock. Investments are often held for a period of years, or even decades, taking advantage of perks like interest, dividends and stock splits along the way. While markets inevitably fluctuate, investors will "ride out" the downtrends with the expectation that prices will rebound and any losses will eventually be recovered. Investors are typically more concerned with market fundamentals, such as price/earnings ratios and management forecasts.

Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing. While investors may be content with a 10 to 15% annual return, traders might seek a 10% return each month. Trading profits are generated through buying at a lower price and selling at a higher price within a relatively short period of time. The reverse is also true: trading profits are made by selling at a higher price and buying to cover at a lower price (known as "selling short") to profit in falling markets. Where buy-and-hold investors wait out less profitable positions, traders must make profits (or take losses) within a specified period of time, and often use a protective stop loss order to automatically close out losing positions at a predetermined price level. Traders often employ technical analysis tools, such as moving averages and stochastic oscillators, to find high-probability trading setups.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: