Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 02:18:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29454 times)
HV3S

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:39:39 PM

Trading really need some skills and also you must not let your emotion dictate you what to do when coin's value is already low,

but investing you just need some patience and long time for you to earn your profit,

and you need to do some research on where to invest your money to avoid losing it.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:44:49 PM

For me trading and investing is just the same. Its just that they have different process of earning money. Its up to the person where he/she is good at.

If it is the same then I think they would never say that it has a difference and the OP will obviously not make this thread for asking about it right? Investing and Trading are not the same, they are different. Trading is more popular than investing but I asked some people and they do not know that they are doing it almost everyday. When you buy or sell something, that counts as a trade. When you spend your money into something that can be of value in the future, that is investment.

I somewhat disagree with you since trading and investing are the same. You buy at some point and sell at some point. The only difference is the time-frame you are holding.

So when you use your money and invested in a site, commonly a gambling site do you trade the profit you have? When you invest in a company usually with fiat, do you trade that money? Not all the things you invested requires money, and not all of that profit you get from those investments are also money. You can invest time but you can't trade what you can get from that.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:57:20 PM

Trading is an active work when your goal is to make profit from your deals that you making on exchange stock. Investing is just process that you making once and that wating for your money back.

cryptotricks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

If you know both buy/sell that's trading. If you know buy alone, thats investing.
jahepahit

Activity: 866
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:00:38 PM

Investing is choosing something to really see it all very meticulously and he will hold it in the long run
trading is buying everything is very cheap and will be sold after a profit .. (short term)

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:01:43 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 12:06:45 AM by bitllionaire

For me trading and investing is just the same. Its just that they have different process of earning money. Its up to the person where he/she is good at.

If it is the same then I think they would never say that it has a difference and the OP will obviously not make this thread for asking about it right? Investing and Trading are not the same, they are different. Trading is more popular than investing but I asked some people and they do not know that they are doing it almost everyday. When you buy or sell something, that counts as a trade. When you spend your money into something that can be of value in the future, that is investment.

I somewhat disagree with you since trading and investing are the same. You buy at some point and sell at some point. The only difference is the time-frame you are holding.

So when you use your money and invested in a site, commonly a gambling site do you trade the profit you have? When you invest in a company usually with fiat, do you trade that money? Not all the things you invested requires money, and not all of that profit you get from those investments are also money. You can invest time but you can't trade what you can get from that.
In short we can say that bitcoin is for short time and investment is consider as passive income and should be for long time. Most of the people invest their money in some business for a long time and from there they get a fixed and passive income, while in trading we remain as active for making good profit from trading. To me i think we can consider trading as more profitable as compare to investment.
Mike0222

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:09:47 AM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments.Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns.
cratez

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:51:08 AM

Trading and investment is similar or almost the same only if the investment of large companies local to international who acts as an agent for several companies. While when we say investing itin is your expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property.
Janation

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:08:04 PM

In short we can say that bitcoin is for short time and investment is consider as passive income and should be for long time. Most of the people invest their money in some business for a long time and from there they get a fixed and passive income, while in trading we remain as active for making good profit from trading.

That is right. I guess that is the reason why a lot of people prefer investment rather than on trading since they do not need to be active on that field since all they gonna do is wait for the result of the project. Trading is also profitable but the work done there is much more than in investing.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

In short we can say that bitcoin is for short time and investment is consider as passive income and should be for long time. Most of the people invest their money in some business for a long time and from there they get a fixed and passive income, while in trading we remain as active for making good profit from trading.

That is right. I guess that is the reason why a lot of people prefer investment rather than on trading since they do not need to be active on that field since all they gonna do is wait for the result of the project. Trading is also profitable but the work done there is much more than in investing.
In my opinion, all those people who preferred investing rather than trading are lazy. Those people are just lazy to explore something because for me, if you are really into making profits then why not have both because it is great to have a passive income from your investment and also make money as an active income from trading which is cool and gives you assurance that you will really make money at the end of the day.
wowbit123

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:14:56 PM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

In my knowledge trading and investing is different but its the same to used money, because in investing you invest your money without return unlike trading you give your money but you can earn also a profit.
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:22:31 PM

The difference between trading and investing is when investing you are putting your money, and entrusting it into reliable person or company hoping in collaboration or in joining in their project or business you will earn a profit someday like investing in bitcoin ...while in trading you are you are both buying and selling your coin and you have make ceratin about it, monitoring, checking up how's the condition of selling and trading, the people involved as well as the amount.
jonosutio

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:32:58 PM

investment and trade have the difference, if the trade means buying something at a low price and selling at a price higher than the price you buy for a profit, if the investment trusts someone to run your business to manage to gain profits and have a considerable risk. if you get a profit you will be paid on a dividend basis.
Janation

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

In my opinion, all those people who preferred investing rather than trading are lazy. Those people are just lazy to explore something because for me, if you are really into making profits then why not have both because it is great to have a passive income from your investment and also make money as an active income from trading which is cool and gives you assurance that you will really make money at the end of the day.

All of the people these days are lazy, you know that since all of these technologies are invented to make our jobs and works more efficient and easy. That efficiency was not only for the job but for us people who want to trade and invest. There are a lot of bots for trading these days, trading is hard to take on especially when you are new to it the reason bots are made to take the hassle not that much. So do you think that those traders that use bots are lazy? No, they are just using these inventions to make their work easy and efficient.
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

investment is something that we spend and have a profit instead of the issued capital is the way people earn more income, and while the trade is a low purchase of goods that you will sell expensive to earn income, the same thing with investment but there are differences in the field . but two two will give you a good income if you continue to work hard to find a good profit. the strain is just one part of the investment that you are doing and the investment has a broader advantage over the trade.
fanita

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:54:54 PM

all work has its differences and similarities, but as far as I know investment and trade have similarities and many differences. business is a bargain business bargain that you see in the market, while the same investment but no bargaining but has a very wide area compared to trade. but it's all just the same for me but a little difference, the trade will get high enough but investment will get bigger profit from trading if its manager succeed.

Lilaces

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:53:11 PM

Trading is short term and more intensive style of playing the game ,investing is long term and you need to wait for profit but both are unfortunetly more.
It is right in investing you will be sure about your profit and it will not let your money get scammed but in this you will have to keep patience for long time, investing today then waiting for more than 2 or 3 years at least will give you profit, on the other hand trading is good but mate trading is very risky I mean it is not sure that you will have profit or not it is able to give you profit but if you are not lucky or you  are not having experience with trading you will lose your money.
jhamz03

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:15:45 AM

The difference of Trading and Investing is just depending on the time although its the same when it comes in profit. Investing is another way of attempting to get profit in a very long time, while trading is another way of gaining profit in a short time, its a lot more easier that investing but it require a lot time also because you always have to be active so you can monitor the the crypto as to its market price actvities.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:51:31 AM

Investing is very broad term that means buying something that you think will have a greater value in time, examples, gold, bitcoins, land, stocks etc. While trading is one phase or area of investing but it is just on the buying and selling part.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
laevatein906

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:42:31 AM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments. Investors often enhance their profits through compounding, or reinvesting any profits and dividends into additional shares of stock. Investments are often held for a period of years, or even decades, taking advantage of perks like interest, dividends and stock splits along the way. While markets inevitably fluctuate, investors will "ride out" the downtrends with the expectation that prices will rebound and any losses will eventually be recovered. Investors are typically more concerned with market fundamentals, such as price/earnings ratios and management forecasts.

Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing. While investors may be content with a 10 to 15% annual return, traders might seek a 10% return each month. Trading profits are generated through buying at a lower price and selling at a higher price within a relatively short period of time. The reverse is also true: trading profits are made by selling at a higher price and buying to cover at a lower price (known as "selling short") to profit in falling markets. Where buy-and-hold investors wait out less profitable positions, traders must make profits (or take losses) within a specified period of time, and often use a protective stop loss order to automatically close out losing positions at a predetermined price level. Traders often employ technical analysis tools, such as moving averages and stochastic oscillators, to find high-probability trading setups.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: