Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:01:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Restaurants accepting bitcoin!  (Read 55642 times)
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:35:10 PM

How I wish I can see more establishments accepting crypto especially in my country. Maybe next year I will start my own business. I'll be glad to accept bitcoin. Damn even Monero and some other good alts i'll take it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mbah Tyo

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

1st of May

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:35:09 AM

Have you tried going to places and get hungry but you have no cash available with only bitcoins in your smartphone. Here are the list of bitcoin accepting restaurants that will feed your stomach with delicious cooking in exchange for bitcoins. This is a sign that bitcoin is truly amazing that even restaurants and pizza stores have seen its value and started to include in its payment options.

Check the list on this link: http://bitcoinrestaurants.net/

in my country may yet because plumpness accept bitcoin payments that it is only available in the online store only, kalu's restaurant looks like it is not there, congratulations for the existing state restaurants that can pay using bitcoin because it would be very easy to just click finish.

▄████ ████▄
      ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄
   ▄█████▀  ▄█ █▄▄ ▀█████▄
▄█████▀    ███ ████▄▄ ▀█████▄
███▀  ▄    ███ ███████▄▄ ▀███
███ ▄██    ███ ███▀▀█████ ███
███ ███    ███ ███   ▀███ ███
███ ███▄▄▄▄███ ███    ███ ███
███ ██████████ ███        ███
███ ███▀▀▀▀███ ███    ███ ███
███ ███    ███ ███   ▄███ ███
███ ▀██    ███ ███▄▄████▀ ███
███▄  ▀    ███ ███████▀  ▄███
▀█████▄    ███ ████▀  ▄█████▀
   ▀█████▄  ▀█ █▀  ▄█████▀
      ▀█████▄   ▄█████▀
         ▀████ ████▀
Hash

▄▄ ▄▄
     ██ ██
   ▄▄█████▄▄
  ███▀▀▀▀▀███
 ██▀       ▀██
██▀         ▀▀
██
██▄         ▄▄
 ██▄       ▄██
  ███▄▄▄▄▄███
   ▀▀█████▀▀
     ██ ██
     ▀▀ ▀▀
ard

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

JOIN
WHITELIST
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:43:54 AM

It feels weird to think paying food with Bitcoin. What if something happens like this;

- Hello, I would like to order a milkshake and a cheeseburger.
+ Sure thing, sir. Price is will be 0.04 BTC
- (Pulls out his phone and sends the bitcoin)
- (1 hour later)
- Where is my food?
+ I'm sorry sir, bitcoin network is currently very slow. The chef said if there is no three confirmation, there is no food.
- (Internal screaming)

Oh so when your credit card takes a month to confirm they hold onto the food until it officially confirms? Your logic is flawed. The only way to spend and have it confirm instantly is cash.

Thats why you can send and make your transaction be faster paying a bigger ammount from fee, or you can use the bitcoin debit card as i know it does make the transactions like a normal debit card, soo this isnt an issue at all.
There is also another possibility, you can have system in place which checks if transaction had decent network fees and then you will be almost sure that you will receive the money.
Of course this method is not 100% full proof, but it is enough for low sum transactions.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:26:03 AM

It feels weird to think paying food with Bitcoin. What if something happens like this;

- (1 hour later)
- Where is my food?
+ I'm sorry sir, bitcoin network is currently very slow. The chef said if there is no three confirmation, there is no food.
- (Internal screaming)

Oh so when your credit card takes a month to confirm they hold onto the food until it officially confirms? Your logic is flawed. The only way to spend and have it confirm instantly is cash.

Thats why you can send and make your transaction be faster paying a bigger ammount from fee, or you can use the bitcoin debit card as i know it does make the transactions like a normal debit card, soo this isnt an issue at all.

There is an option to pay with debit card but still debits card are not completely implement in every country, the good thing is we can directly send them bitcoin is the best way because in my country bitcoin are not accepted in restaurants. But where as with bitcoin i can book movie tickets.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:38:33 AM

I checked the map containing the restaurants over the wolrd but it shows only restaurants in usa.

It would be good to see if there is any restaurant in the other side of the world especially in Europe.

The fact that there are lots of restaurants in usa is good but how the payment is made, are they waiting for the confirmation?

Well I have tried it too and end up only available in the United States, but I think it is only in their phase 1 to try it on the USA first then it will eventually goes globally and that is what my my opinion maybe if these would be successful then were gonna see every countries restaurant would offer to accept bitcoin and we would never know if when this gonna become a reality let's just wait.

To be up to date is easier in usa rather in any other country in the world so I think that's why they started with the USA and not in the other part of the world.

I think that it is given that it is started in the USA but I wish that they can give a hint if other countries would also have a chance in experiencing this kind of treatment like the USA have, and if this kind of application would cover up the whole world the bitcoin community would benefit even more!

I'm afraid that in other countres there is a lack of information because not all restaurants or any other business give information to the government or to any other organization that they are using bitcoin too.

That's why sometimes I like USA because mostly every thing is on control and you can find useful information there.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:48:22 AM

it's great that there are many restaurants where you can also use your bitcoin as an alternative for cash if ever you didn't have one but the problem is, based on the information that I saw inside the link that you have provided it is only available on United States Grin I thought I can find my country if I search it on the site but unfortunately it's not .
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:04:37 AM

it's great that there are many restaurants where you can also use your bitcoin as an alternative for cash if ever you didn't have one but the problem is, based on the information that I saw inside the link that you have provided it is only available on United States Grin I thought I can find my country if I search it on the site but unfortunately it's not .

That is a good idea and as you've said many restaurants that you can use your bitcoin as an alternative for cash but, I don't think in my country would be possible for these few years to come. It would be nice to have that kind of great ways to make an easy life changing approach to public restaurants, and more opportunities will come in the future of businesses around the world.

delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

Have you tried going to places and get hungry but you have no cash available with only bitcoins in your smartphone. Here are the list of bitcoin accepting restaurants that will feed your stomach with delicious cooking in exchange for bitcoins. This is a sign that bitcoin is truly amazing that even restaurants and pizza stores have seen its value and started to include in its payment options.

Too bad none of the cities in my country included in the list of restaurants that accept Bitcoin as a payment method whereas if only one restaurants accept bitcoin in my town I would often visit the restaurant and to buy some food that will make me more easier in payments.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:48:08 PM

If I look at all of the restaurants only in America, but it was nice this indicates bitcoin is growing. If I may add, in my country Indonesia, precisely in Bali has begun there are several restaurants that start accepting bitcoin payments, such as:

http://www.cascadesbali.com/en/
http://www.kismetbali.com/
http://www.hongxingbali.com/

Maybe if anyone wants traveled here and have bitcoin can be used in restaurant that I mentioned, hopefully can help Grin
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:19:06 AM

That is a good idea and as you've said many restaurants that you can use your bitcoin as an alternative for cash but, I don't think in my country would be possible for these few years to come. It would be nice to have that kind of great ways to make an easy life changing approach to public restaurants, and more opportunities will come in the future of businesses around the world.

not just nice but it would be great if there will be a several restaurants that would also accept bitcoin as an alternative for cash and these restaurants are not too distant from your location . anyway I have made some research and I saw that there are few restaurants here in my country that are also started to accept bitcoin since 2015 if I'm not mistaken and some of them are only accepting bitcoin during weekends . I am glad to know these things but the thing is that they are kilometers away from my location Grin
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:47:12 AM

Well it really feel's good to know that there are so plenty of restaurant that would accept bitcoin as payment for what you have ordered,
But I don't know it there is a restaurant here in the Philippines that would accept it.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:59:23 AM

- (1 hour later)
- Where is my food?
- (Internal screaming)

You could use a bitcoin debit card but don’t you think that defeats the whole purpose of paying with bitcoin if I’m going to use a debit card I might as well use the one from my bank.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:15:24 AM

Well it really feel's good to know that there are so plenty of restaurant that would accept bitcoin as payment for what you have ordered,
But I don't know it there is a restaurant here in the Philippines that would accept it.
None, I didn't hear any news or articles that a restaurant accepts bitcoin as payment method in the Philippines.
And I hope it had or it will have soon as I love bitcoin and will use it to buy physical or digital goods in this country
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:49:22 AM

- (1 hour later)
- Where is my food?
- (Internal screaming)

You could use a bitcoin debit card but don’t you think that defeats the whole purpose of paying with bitcoin if I’m going to use a debit card I might as well use the one from my bank.

I think using bitcoin debit card not practical and will feel the same as the ATM, way more practical is facility login with all the wallet available then there is a confirmation SMS or email. I think that way is more safer and practical than no matter where should bring ATM card.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:28:30 PM

I think some restaurant is not convinient in accepting bitcoin as their payment processor because before you prder I think You need to send the bitcoin into the addresses and you will wait until the transaction is finished it can cause hastle with the customer  and the restaurant.

uh you can easily avoid that by doing transaction offchain, i'm sure a restaurant or a supermarket accepting bitcoin will know this

also you know that when you pay in fiat any transaction is actually not confirmed up to 180 days?, but the operator trust visa/mastercard and accept it anyway

malleability attack is not an issue anymore with bitcoin, therefore the same treatment should be taken with bitcoin
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:42:58 PM

Anyone would be glad especially for the bitcoin enthusiast if they find out that the restaurant is accept bitcoin. Like what happened to me when my friend invited me to hangout and do some unwind relaxation and the restaurant was so awesome because all of their customers was a bitcoin users. Glad to experienced that things. Hope all business will be like that soon.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:58:32 PM

Anyone would be glad especially for the bitcoin enthusiast if they find out that the restaurant is accept bitcoin. Like what happened to me when my friend invited me to hangout and do some unwind relaxation and the restaurant was so awesome because all of their customers was a bitcoin users. Glad to experienced that things. Hope all business will be like that soon.
It would really be a nice thing because we would able to use our bitcoin directly and im hoping for that time that it would happen on my place but for now adoption is still havent reach on my country yet thats why im always exchanging my bitcoin to fiat before i do use it.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:11:13 PM

I checked the map containing the restaurants over the wolrd but it shows only restaurants in usa.

It would be good to see if there is any restaurant in the other side of the world especially in Europe.

The fact that there are lots of restaurants in usa is good but how the payment is made, are they waiting for the confirmation?

Well I have tried it too and end up only available in the United States, but I think it is only in their phase 1 to try it on the USA first then it will eventually goes globally and that is what my my opinion maybe if these would be successful then were gonna see every countries restaurant would offer to accept bitcoin and we would never know if when this gonna become a reality let's just wait.

To be up to date is easier in usa rather in any other country in the world so I think that's why they started with the USA and not in the other part of the world.

I think that it is given that it is started in the USA but I wish that they can give a hint if other countries would also have a chance in experiencing this kind of treatment like the USA have, and if this kind of application would cover up the whole world the bitcoin community would benefit even more!

I'm afraid that in other countres there is a lack of information because not all restaurants or any other business give information to the government or to any other organization that they are using bitcoin too.

That's why sometimes I like USA because mostly every thing is on control and you can find useful information there.

Well I would say that USA doesn't want to be last I think even if the government doesn't have a good relation regarding bitcoin, they are still using the convenient of bitcoin the fast transaction and the earning their country could undergo when they surely accept something like bitcoin, or maybe the government doesn't involve in this kind transaction because it doesn't have a tax that they can manipulate but we would never know for sure.
RENATA612

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:44:51 PM

at my place there are no restaurants that accept payment using bitcoin, maybe management is less promosiin to outside users, if anyone actually want to start this is definitely the future will be a lot to follow
noormcs5

Activity: 2632
Merit: 613

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:34:26 AM

at my place there are no restaurants that accept payment using bitcoin, maybe management is less promosiin to outside users, if anyone actually want to start this is definitely the future will be a lot to follow

Usually many countries are not accept the bitcoin in open market, that's why majority of the members are here in bitcointalk, where their countries not accept the bitcoin in any restaurants. So for us, it is hope may be in future, we will be eat in any restaurant and we will pay with bitcoin, than we will have a experience of bitcoin billing.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: