Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Restaurants accepting bitcoin!  (Read 55656 times)
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:28:14 AM

I have mistakenly thought of countries in the world but it was only for America  Angry Angry. I like things like this because bitcoin is no stranger in the world. I wish someday my country would have restaurants like this
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:26:59 AM

why you say that you can get your own card that can be loaded by bitcoin and buy over world
But why would you go to a restaurant without cash in your pocket at the first place? Like you don’t know you’re going to eat or what, or you never heard of restaurants before? I don’t know why you guys come up with unreasonable questions. If you were talking about buying food online, I would have said it’s okay.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:26:06 AM

why you say that you can get your own card that can be loaded by bitcoin and buy over world
But why would you go to a restaurant without cash in your pocket at the first place? Like you don’t know you’re going to eat or what, or you never heard of restaurants before? I don’t know why you guys come up with unreasonable questions. If you were talking about buying food online, I would have said it’s okay.
Since I start in bitcoin community I never encountered any restaurants that accept bitcoin as exchanged of their services. Maybe it is impossible to happen because all restaurants were received only a cash, due to cash was simply and easily used for payment. However hopefully that in the future all transactions that needed cash will changed to bitcoin.
btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:20:56 PM

Since I start in bitcoin community I never encountered any restaurants that accept bitcoin as exchanged of their services. Maybe it is impossible to happen because all restaurants were received only a cash, due to cash was simply and easily used for payment. However hopefully that in the future all transactions that needed cash will changed to bitcoin.

Its really hard for restaurant to really accept because most of them really prefer fiat. However, there was one in India that accepts bitcoin but I forgot the name. But I haven't heard anything after.

I expect that maybe they have stop their services. Bitcoin price is really volatile so this maybe one aspect that its gonna be hard for restaurants to really accept. Although we do want to see it happening in the future, we have to wait before it becomes reality.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:40:50 PM

I'm wondering how this restaurant handles the problem of long transactions. After all, when the network is overloaded, the transaction can remain unconfirmed for several hours. A visitor can not be so much in a restaurant
That would most definitely pose much challenge and it would be hard paying a high amount for fees when basically all the transactions within the restaurant will be micro and I cannot imagine myself paying $5 for transaction fee when all the food I bought was just about $20. However, I believe the whole process with bitpay must have solved some of this issues since it is automated.
Dava.Dina

Activity: 296

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:08:45 PM

I hope one day my country has a restaurant that accepts payments like this
rijwanjaelani

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:28:53 PM

In my country only paying bills accepted bitcoin. But i don't hear any restaurant accept bitcoin on my country. Its nice to know and hear that India is already accept bitcoin in their country or in any payments use bitcoin. Its sad to know same in the other country that in restaurant they wont not accept bitcoin by paying in restaurant.  I hope in the future soon bitcoin will become currency and become legalize to all the countries. I think the best way how they accept bitcoin is to explain from them and the benefits so that they encourage to accept especially in their restaurants.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:02:13 AM

It would be more effective if Restaurents accept bitcoin. People can eat any where and no need cash money. No need to handle cash money all time. So it would be a safe and risk free for everybody. But it is only possible if the government allow it to any country.
dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:55:32 AM

You made an open statement as if this restaurant are scattered across different countries. Will definitely like to pay with BTC after eating in a restaurant but not applicable in my area.
goaldigger

Activity: 2380
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:44:57 AM

Ive heard one on social media but its probably on the USA. It'll be great if we have even one on our country but so far, I think there are none. Its a great idea actually.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Helga.Alekseyuk

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:44:26 AM

A reOrder payment terminals could be a gatwayto blockchain for many restaurants. The reOrder team offers free installation for retaurants. By the way there is a Pre-ICO live..Sounds interesting and it is an efficient solutions not only for cafes, but also it can be considered as a suitable an advertisment platform for local business.
 There are more details in reOrder announcement:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2143865.80
erep

Activity: 2310
Merit: 594

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:44:32 AM

Lots of restaurants in the United States accept crypto currencies. its a good sign for any country to accept them, I heard lots of restaurants in many countries have already started. It would be nice if we get a list of that too.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:29:10 AM

Lots of restaurants in the United States accept crypto currencies. its a good sign for any country to accept them, I heard lots of restaurants in many countries have already started. It would be nice if we get a list of that too.
it's really a good sign for this platform. I think Bitcoin will be accepted outside of the United States in the future. in my country, a few restaurants have accepted crypto Currency in recent time. so it needs time and besides Crypto Currency, bitcoin will be accepted by many restaurants one day.
storyoflife

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:35:26 AM

also it can be considered as a suitable an advertisment platform for local business.

How are their ads going to work? Something like adwords? Or rather just like a fixed announcement connected to the particular device and restaurant? Hm.. worth checking out where their payment reminals are already intalled Smiley
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:41:35 AM

That's really good to hear. To bad it's just a list in the USA, since I'm not from there, but it's good to know that things are evolving and bitcoin is getting more adoption. Of course that one thing is to offer this option, and the other thing is actually getting people to use it. I wonder if these restaurants make some kind of reports on the % of people that actually use this. I still haven't seen any, and I would probably try one if I encounter one, but I'm not sure I could use it long term, because o fees etc. Still, is good to see that these type of offers are growing.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Stavrido

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 09:46:54 AM

Unfortunately in Russia, places of public catering are not always non-cash payments, not to mention payment by bitcoin. But I'm glad that somewhere so it is possible. Please tell me the payment method? Those. you bring a check for $ 20, and you ....

Helga.Alekseyuk

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:20:07 AM

also it can be considered as a suitable an advertisment platform for local business.

How are their ads going to work? Something like adwords? Or rather just like a fixed announcement connected to the particular device and restaurant? Hm.. worth checking out where their payment reminals are already intalled Smiley
No idea indeed...you can ask them in their thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2143865.80
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:08:46 PM

That was good that even restaurant are now accepting bitcoin, but not hear in my country because bitcoin is not yet legally adopted by our government. Since now there are many people earning and using bitcoin i think there is a big chance to get the attention of our government to learn about bitcoin and would be adopted to make some business will start to accept bitcoin part of their mode of payment. And i think also if this currency will start to legalize i can start my small restaurant wgich is accepting bitcoin as payment.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:52:07 AM

This is a very good news to hear for a loyal bitcoin supporter like me. Food is the basic needs of every consumer so restaurants who do this is doing a big help to spread bitcoin. Customers will start wondering what is bitcoin and why is it accepted as form as payment and that is the first step to encourage them to use btc.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:41:23 PM

I hope one day my country has a restaurant that accepts payments like this
May your dream come true because it is good for the price of the bitcoin as well.  Bitcoin payment is very easy and the fast source of payment because through bitcoin you will be able to order the food and to book a room through the online payment service. It is easy to transact the bitcoin and the transaction has become very fast to get conformed so I wish I could be able to pay through bitcoin for the pizza and the food I like the most.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: