Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should a PASCAL COIN clone be launched ?
YES - 58 (71.6%)
NO - 23 (28.4%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PASL]-[PASCAL Lite]-[The Future is Almost Here]  (Read 164845 times)
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:15:30 PM

CPU mining is done by hackers using zombie bot infected computers.
CPU mining isn't very successful because of this.
The coins are never really worth much because a hacker would start cpu  mining with their zombie network of 10,000 infected computers. They'd dump all those coins on the market and drive the price down to .00000001

Even if a hacker or a group of hackers was able to start mining with 10.000 infected computers they would not generate more coins than a few pools whit a lot of GPU-miners already do today.

I think that the solution that can scare off both hackers and pools is a reward system where rewards go down as soon as the network hash rate goes up.
Rewards go down when hashrate increases! On most algo anyway..
Sometimes difficulty stays high for a long time since a high hashrate (attack) has been deployed and those who mine continuously get screwed..

One solution that some coin used/s I forgot the coin was to use a high ram requirement for cpu mining. They needed like 17Gigs of ram or some pretty rediculous amount to combat botnet-mining..

But in the end of the day, if an economic incentive is there, someone will create a gpumining program or asics anyway. If one wants to mine with a cpu effectively, one has to mine early on or just splash some cash and buy those gpus, it´ll be worth it anyhow , get it.

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:08:02 PM

Since this question gets asked over and over and over again "Why a PascalCoin clone?"

Designed by Freepik

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:16:06 PM

Since this question gets asked over and over and over again "Why a PascalCoin clone?"

Designed by Freepik
Beautiful design! And on point.

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
ulfsaar

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:07:15 PM

CPU mining is done by hackers using zombie bot infected computers.
CPU mining isn't very successful because of this.
The coins are never really worth much because a hacker would start cpu  mining with their zombie network of 10,000 infected computers. They'd dump all those coins on the market and drive the price down to .00000001

Even if a hacker or a group of hackers was able to start mining with 10.000 infected computers they would not generate more coins than a few pools whit a lot of GPU-miners already do today.

I think that the solution that can scare off both hackers and pools is a reward system where rewards go down as soon as the network hash rate goes up.
Rewards go down when hashrate increases! On most algo anyway..
Sometimes difficulty stays high for a long time since a high hashrate (attack) has been deployed and those who mine continuously get screwed..

One solution that some coin used/s I forgot the coin was to use a high ram requirement for cpu mining. They needed like 17Gigs of ram or some pretty rediculous amount to combat botnet-mining..

But in the end of the day, if an economic incentive is there, someone will create a gpumining program or asics anyway. If one wants to mine with a cpu effectively, one has to mine early on or just splash some cash and buy those gpus, it´ll be worth it anyhow , get it.

For a coin to start with Cpu-mining or strictly cpu only it must be unique and feature new tech to have economic value. The starting point of pascal lite already has gpu mining software so no point to change it. The big diffrence and value of this coin is the post above adaseb. Let me know your pubkey or account address, I will donate 4 accounts / 49coins to whatever cause you want.
nightraven

Activity: 286
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 12:45:24 AM

For a coin to start with Cpu-mining or strictly cpu only it must be unique and feature new tech to have economic value. The starting point of pascal lite already has gpu mining software so no point to change it. The big diffrence and value of this coin is the post above adaseb. Let me know your pubkey or account address, I will donate 4 accounts / 49coins to whatever cause you want.

That is a very nice offer. Thank you very much. But let us wait an see if I ever get such a cpu-mining clone running  Smiley I would feel obliged to launch it if I get donations already now.
I'm testing some ideas to reduce rewards when hash rate goes up. It works, but the difficult part is to make sure, that it can't get exploited somehow.
ulfsaar

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:24:44 AM

That is a very nice offer. Thank you very much. But let us wait an see if I ever get such a cpu-mining clone running  Smiley I would feel obliged to launch it if I get donations already now.
I'm testing some ideas to reduce rewards when hash rate goes up. It works, but the difficult part is to make sure, that it can't get exploited somehow.

Dont feel obliged. I am promoting Pascal Lite by donating. I feel the same as you when I started mining 2 years ago.

Bitcoin started with cpu, then ckolivas developed gpu miner, then asicminer comes after. But I believe gpu mining should be the way for all coins. Others may have more money to invest but that's the economics and its fun to begin with. In the end I bought more GPU's. Let me know. Post it or PM or in slack.
nightraven

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 09:16:54 AM

Dont feel obliged. I am promoting Pascal Lite by donating. I feel the same as you when I started mining 2 years ago.

Bitcoin started with cpu, then ckolivas developed gpu miner, then asicminer comes after. But I believe gpu mining should be the way for all coins. Others may have more money to invest but that's the economics and its fun to begin with. In the end I bought more GPU's. Let me know. Post it or PM or in slack.

Well I like the idea that anybody with an old laptop can mine a block now and then. I also think it is better than to burn a lot of electricity. Anyway if I start a new Pascal Clone it should be different in some ways. Not much point in just copy and paste an existing coin  Grin
ulfsaar

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:13:04 PM

Well I like the idea that anybody with an old laptop can mine a block now and then. I also think it is better than to burn a lot of electricity. Anyway if I start a new Pascal Clone it should be different in some ways. Not much point in just copy and paste an existing coin  Grin

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, XMR, LTC, ETC, Zcash, Decred, Pascal Lite(with big emphasis for fun), these are no longer cpu coins yet the capitalization and adoption is outstanding. What I am trying to say is, this road has been tried and tested and proven to be a successful road for POW coin. If you are thinking POW on old laptop, then i dont know. It could be for fun but don't expect too much.
nightraven

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 08:26:21 PM

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, XMR, LTC, ETC, Zcash, Decred, Pascal Lite(with big emphasis for fun), these are no longer cpu coins yet the capitalization and adoption is outstanding. What I am trying to say is, this road has been tried and tested and proven to be a successful road for POW coin. If you are thinking POW on old laptop, then i dont know. It could be for fun but don't expect too much.

Well, I'm the newbie so I guess you are right. However I'm also stubborn so I think I have to test my idea anyway Wink
ulfsaar

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

Well, I'm the newbie so I guess you are right. However I'm also stubborn so I think I have to test my idea anyway Wink

If you are really confident with your pascal programming, go ahead and pursue what will make you happy.

But if I were you, I rather join pascal lite.  Smiley
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:16:06 AM

Russian Translation is at

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1857145.0

Thanks to venticello for the translation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hannusolo

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:11:28 PM

I've received a newsletter from C-CEX today, that the will be delisting some barely traded coins in the near future. It might be easier to get listed by them after this. It might be a good opportunity till the coin will be listed on a bigger exchange.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:13:51 PM

I've received a newsletter from C-CEX today, that the will be delisting some barely traded coins in the near future. It might be easier to get listed by them after this. It might be a good opportunity till the coin will be listed on a bigger exchange.

I've contacted C-Cex before however they never got back to me if they can support the Pascal protocol. Either way you can vote here for our listing on C-Cex

For a paid listing I think it will require about 1.25-1.75 BTC to get listed.

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&coin=pasl

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mafiarob

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:38:19 PM

Hello! I'm dual mining ETH-PASL with claymore in suprnova.cc pool. I think it is all ok but i can't understand how the wallet work. Can somebody help me ? Where is my wallet number (like Eth wallet)? how can i get paid from the pool?

Thank you

Image:

https://ibb.co/hDjho5
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 10:23:22 PM

Hello! I'm dual mining ETH-PASL with claymore in suprnova.cc pool. I think it is all ok but i can't understand how the wallet work. Can somebody help me ? Where is my wallet number (like Eth wallet)? how can i get paid from the pool?

Thank you

Image:

This is the problem with ALL Pascal based coins. The account numbers. Newbies like this guy don't know how to get an account.

@adaseb @xiphon - maybe put a button in the wallet that says get an account and takes them to the account trading marketplace?

Also might be a good idea to allow account purchases with another currency other than PASL since they don't have a PASL account yet. (I know they can buy pasl on cryptopia... maybe just instructions on how to do that?)

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:08:42 AM

Thank you

Image:

This is the problem with ALL Pascal based coins. The account numbers. Newbies like this guy don't know how to get an account.

@adaseb @xiphon - maybe put a button in the wallet that says get an account and takes them to the account trading marketplace?

Also might be a good idea to allow account purchases with another currency other than PASL since they don't have a PASL account yet. (I know they can buy pasl on cryptopia... maybe just instructions on how to do that?)

We are actually working on something so this will no longer be an issue. Stay tuned for updates.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
granrus

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:42:50 AM

Thank you
Accounts are generated by a blockchain, with each new block there are 5 accounts that are received by the person who obtained the block.
To get the account there are 3 ways: 1. to get the block. 2. to buy in the marketplace of accounts, 3. That someone handed it to you on a public key.
Or you can mining directly on the stock exchange, then you do not need a wallet.
I can give you an account if you write your public key. (Projet ->Private keys -> Export Public Key )
mafiarob

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:49:57 AM

Thank you
Accounts are generated by a blockchain, with each new block there are 5 accounts that are received by the person who obtained the block.
To get the account there are 3 ways: 1. to get the block. 2. to buy in the marketplace of accounts, 3. That someone handed it to you on a public key.
Or you can mining directly on the stock exchange, then you do not need a wallet.
I can give you an account if you write your public key. (Projet ->Private keys -> Export Public Key )

Thanks for your answer. But i still do not understand. Where is the marketplace and how i can buy or how can i use the public key (i make the private key and i see the "export public key")
madex

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:12:26 AM

Thank you

Thanks for your answer. But i still do not understand. Where is the marketplace and how i can buy or how can i use the public key (i make the private key and i see the "export public key")

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1773026.msg18338193#msg18338193
xiphon

Activity: 254
Merit: 121

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 06:59:05 PM

Also we have a quick guide in the head post.

Fairpool https://fairpool.xyz mining pool - Realtime stats, Profit calculation, Instant payouts
LOKI mining pool: https://loki.fairpool.xyz RYO mining pool: https://ryo.fairpool.xyz
XHV Haven mining pool: https://xhv.fairpool.xyz PURK mining pool: https://purk.fairpool.xyz
ETC mining pool: https://etc.fairpool.xyz PGC mining pool: https://pgc.fairpool.xyz
ETP mining pool: https://etp.fairpool.xyz AKA mining pool: https://aka.fairpool.xyz
PASL mining pool: https://pasl.fairpool.xyz NUKO mining pool: https://nuko.fairpool.xyz
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: