Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:48:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution  (Read 220125 times)
makngeerwork

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

???

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:31:46 PM

Thanks for the reply Zefir, your services have been above board.

It looks like I will get my bitburners after all, will be a pleasure to overclock them until they burn up.  I shall send you S&H when they arrive and add a trust rating.  Avalon is on my permanent blacklist.

Cheers.

███    TWITTER   FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE   GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK   ███
shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:20:14 PM

Thanks for the reply Zefir, your services have been above board.

It looks like I will get my bitburners after all, will be a pleasure to overclock them until they burn up.  I shall send you S&H when they arrive and add a trust rating.  Avalon is on my permanent blacklist.

Cheers.

I couldn't say it better myself. It's ironic right after Avalon suggests everyone refund that the chips magically ship!  Roll Eyes

FWIW, Burnin's hardware is excellent (I have 2 bitburners from zefir batch 1), so I'll look forward to getting it. Also looking to see what he ends up with for bitfury boards!

Thanks for all the work on this Zefir!

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:31:06 AM

You missed this post (for B2 you need to scroll down), so yes, chips were shipped August 24th and according to tracking were all delivered.

BTW: from those list of 66 processed orders, only ~15% paid their S&H so far. It would be fair, if at least those who got their chips / boards reimburse me those expenses I had as described here.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I will send you S&H once it does. I did get notification that it is in my state, finally. Took a couple weeks to get through customs.

Just an FYI, maybe there are others in the same boat as me, not actually having their chips in-hand yet.

I think what Zefir means is that only 15% of those who's chips have actually arrived, ie batches 1 & 2. Which is pretty poor really. (of course this doesn't incl you as you say you are in a later batch).

There may be some users who are waiting to pay S&H after they get their boards in hand from an assembler but my understanding is that S&H is when Zefir ships their batch of chips out. C'mon people...
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:47:33 AM

I think what Zefir means is that only 15% of those who's chips have actually arrived, ie batches 1 & 2. Which is pretty poor really. (of course this doesn't incl you as you say you are in a later batch).

There may be some users who are waiting to pay S&H after they get their boards in hand from an assembler but my understanding is that S&H is when Zefir ships their batch of chips out. C'mon people...

Right, I always told to pay S&H only after you have your boards / chips in hand, to prevent refunding them in cases we now had. Therefore, the 15% were in relation to what has been shipped out - not to the total amount of orders. But it became better meanwhile, number is already at 30%+ Smiley

It looks like all remaining chips will be delivered next week. Then I'll provide a list of payments due and hope to close this chapter soon.

Prepare your mining environment, miners (hint: especially getting the efficient PSU of your choice in time sometimes turns out to be difficult).

Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:45:43 PM

True. In fact, the crazy part is, to get break even, I guess you should ramp to the absolute maximum. Even if they loose 80% of their hardware life this way, it is the only way to make sure.

If it breaks after Break even, who cares... Cheesy
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:13:59 PM

I will give them maximum volt and overclock with watercooling. I need to break even. After ROI they really can go up in holy smoke.
Zalfrin

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:30:24 PM

You missed this post (for B2 you need to scroll down), so yes, chips were shipped August 24th and according to tracking were all delivered.

BTW: from those list of 66 processed orders, only ~15% paid their S&H so far. It would be fair, if at least those who got their chips / boards reimburse me those expenses I had as described here.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I will send you S&H once it does. I did get notification that it is in my state, finally. Took a couple weeks to get through customs.

Just an FYI, maybe there are others in the same boat as me, not actually having their chips in-hand yet.

Read more carefully... I was part of that batch 2 that shipped out, hence why my chips are in my state now. Just was trying to let Zefir know that just because his parcel service is reporting delivered doesn't mean it is in customers' hands yet. I assume it just means it has been accepted by the receiving nation's customs, thus it is out of international parcel post's hands.
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:46:05 AM

Hi all

Would somebody sell his bitburner Order?
I have 30 chips that have to be assembled. I would like a BB XX and a X with international Express delivery (ch).

Please PM offers.

Thanks
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 06:45:58 PM

Zefir,

What happened to batch 2? Were those chips all shipped out? Could you give ship dates?

I have chips with batch #3. I will pay shipping and Customs costs once I get boards in my hands. Is that ok?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:02:35 PM

Zefir,

What happened to batch 2? Were those chips all shipped out? Could you give ship dates?

I have chips with batch #3. I will pay shipping and Customs costs once I get boards in my hands. Is that ok?

Yes, that's exactly the way to go.

As for the status of the remaining 3 batches: order page still displays that shipping is prepared, but not that they are shipped. Whatever that means  Undecided

Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:13:44 PM

As for the status of the remaining 3 batches: order page still displays that shipping is prepared, but not that they are shipped. Whatever that means  Undecided

That is the longest "12 hours" shipping schedule.  (Then again we are in bitcoin time. Two weeks is about 2 months so 12 hours is about 2 days)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 11:36:49 PM

That is the longest "12 hours" shipping schedule.  (Then again we are in bitcoin time. Two weeks is about 2 months so 12 hours is about 2 days)

It might be that the batches already are on the way. The last time i got sample chips i got the tracking code and 5 minutes later the postman ringed on my door... Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:13:43 AM

Zefir is a good cordinator

ma_rine_sa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:08:28 PM

so i've been out of the loop for like 2 months and i was in batch 3 and 4? judging from the first page i'm guessing shit has hit the fan and i can no longer obtain a refund?

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:02:20 PM

Update: Remaining Batches shipped, partial Refund Offer

Shipping Notification
Today I was notified that the remaining 30k chips shipped (including DHL tracking numbers) and are expected to get delivered next week.

Those who did not yet enter and finalize shipping destination should do it now. This is your last call, without a valid destination your chips will be kept back and wasted.

so i've been out of the loop for like 2 months and i was in batch 3 and 4? judging from the first page i'm guessing shit has hit the fan and i can no longer obtain a refund?
More or less, yes, that is what the current state is. All who asked for refunds before a given deadline got their orders refunded in full. Now that chips are on their way, that's not possible any more.

In fact shit hit the fan, since after the mining profitability calculators out there bare chips won't ROI even at 50% of their bare chip price - not to mention that you have to pay for board manufacturing. Essentially, the remaining chips are waste and not worth the assembly - if you did not already paid for manufacturing.

Partial Refund Offer
Along with the wasted chips, there are numerous manufacturers around with lots of other waste (PCBs, components), who could utilize unused chips to at least make back what they spent for preparing production. If you plan to dump your chips into the next trashcan, I am offering everyone a limited partial refund for the chips that will be forwarded to those manufacturers.

I am paying 35% of the original Avalon price plus the risk margin I charged in full, totaling to 0.035BTC / chip. This is what most mining calculators spit out as break-even point, and that is sadly all I can offer you at this time. Also note that - independent of their profitability - if I ship your chips out, you have to pay the S&H expenses which for smaller orders already outreach potential mining income Sad

This offer is valid until chips arrive and an all-or-nothing shot: either you refund everything you have left, or you don't (everything else seems irrational).

eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:50:10 PM

In light of the shipping costs collection rate being so low, i have to admit that I have also not paid for my shipping&handling expenses. Mainly due to the fact that I've not received all chips of my batch 1 order on boards, since they were an odd count of tens and therefore burnin is still holding on to 10 of my chips which should go on a board together with the 10 chips of the "board completion batch". And they are worth ~3 times my shipping expenses for batch one.

Another reason is that, I have to admit, I was not really thrilled about the s&h pricing model, given that i have small amounts of chips in 2 batches both to be delivered to a manufacturer, but it is what it is. So as soon as I get all my chips from a given batch i will go ahead and pay the s&h charges.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:10:32 PM

In light of the shipping costs collection rate being so low, i have to admit that I have also not paid for my shipping&handling expenses. Mainly due to the fact that I've not received all chips of my batch 1 order on boards, since they were an odd count of tens and therefore burnin is still holding on to 10 of my chips which should go on a board together with the 10 chips of the "board completion batch". And they are worth ~3 times my shipping expenses for batch one.

Another reason is that, I have to admit, I was not really thrilled about the s&h pricing model, given that i have small amounts of chips in 2 batches both to be delivered to a manufacturer, but it is what it is. So as soon as I get all my chips from a given batch i will go ahead and pay the s&h charges.

I understand fully your position. OTOH, S&H are real expenses I had, and calculating them for each order individually would cost way more than the flat binned model I proposed. Obviously, with that, some pay more than the expenses they caused, other pay less.

I offered for cases like yours to take it as donation, and this offer still holds. Why is everybody so shy to state he has no coins left or he does not agree to the S&H payment scheme? One payment of 0.3 coins more or less will not make me a poor or a rich man, so if you think the scheme is not fair in your case, just post it and take it donated.

eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:18:58 PM

I am not looking for handouts. The fact that you went ahead and shipped the chips asap without waiting for everyone to pay s&h is kind enough. I did infact state that s&h pricing is favoring people with big orders when it was announced/opened for discussion, especially in the case when chips are to be shipped as a part of a larger package to a manufacturer. However I want to support you to the best of my ability and honour the agreement in place. Bitcoin needs more reputable people to stick around.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 10:21:07 PM

Update: Remaining Batches shipped, partial Refund Offer

Shipping Notification
Today I was notified that the remaining 30k chips shipped (including DHL tracking numbers) and are expected to get delivered next week.

Those who did not yet enter and finalize shipping destination should do it now. This is your last call, without a valid destination your chips will be kept back and wasted.

More or less, yes, that is what the current state is. All who asked for refunds before a given deadline got their orders refunded in full. Now that chips are on their way, that's not possible any more.

In fact shit hit the fan, since after the mining profitability calculators out there bare chips won't ROI even at 50% of their bare chip price - not to mention that you have to pay for board manufacturing. Essentially, the remaining chips are waste and not worth the assembly - if you did not already paid for manufacturing.

Partial Refund Offer
Along with the wasted chips, there are numerous manufacturers around with lots of other waste (PCBs, components), who could utilize unused chips to at least make back what they spent for preparing production. If you plan to dump your chips into the next trashcan, I am offering everyone a limited partial refund for the chips that will be forwarded to those manufacturers.

I am paying 35% of the original Avalon price plus the risk margin I charged in full, totaling to 0.035BTC / chip. This is what most mining calculators spit out as break-even point, and that is sadly all I can offer you at this time. Also note that - independent of their profitability - if I ship your chips out, you have to pay the S&H expenses which for smaller orders already outreach potential mining income Sad

This offer is valid until chips arrive and an all-or-nothing shot: either you refund everything you have left, or you don't (everything else seems irrational).

Would this also include Sebastian's batch 6 chips? (Or is that separate?)

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:48:33 PM

Would this also include Sebastian's batch 6 chips? (Or is that separate?)

Thanks,
IAS

No, other group-buy organizers need to decide if they want to offer a similar plan.

Also it should be obvious that the offer is meant for those who do not have ordered manufacturing and can't trade their chips elsewhere for a better price - essentially as the last resort before they are trashed.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: