Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:17:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution  (Read 220125 times)
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:12:18 PM

Found myself on the list! Yay!
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:17:10 PM

To identify your payment, please send from the address you registered for shipping. If your client does not support sending from a specific address, pleas PM me with your payment details to assign it correctly.

Does the default bitcoin wallet support that?
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:30:39 AM

zefir, I must be missing something and I can't find an answer, got lost in two threads (this one and t13hydra's GB).

The last post from you about that group buy was

Yes, I am in contact with t13hydra - received his shipping address some days ago.
I can not held back chips at will or based on accusations, since he paid for the chips already and I am obliged to ship.

Now in your final shipment list there's no t13hydra. Have the chips been refunded or shipped earlier?

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:57:33 AM

zefir, I must be missing something and I can't find an answer, got lost in two threads (this one and t13hydra's GB).

The last post from you about that group buy was

Yes, I am in contact with t13hydra - received his shipping address some days ago.
I can not held back chips at will or based on accusations, since he paid for the chips already and I am obliged to ship.

Now in your final shipment list there's no t13hydra. Have the chips been refunded or shipped earlier?

No, the list includes only the orders from this thread, but not those for the closing batch.

I confirm that 800 chips are on their way to t13hydra and should arrive by end of this week.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

Hey Zefir,

what is status of package sent to ASICME.COM? they already receive it?

Thanks for info
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:52:55 PM

Hey Zefir,

what is status of package sent to ASICME.COM? they already receive it?

Thanks for info

Shipped Saturday, not arrived yet. ASICME.COM has tracking info.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:30:18 AM

Update: Notification for unclaimed Chips sent, final Call

All users who did not enter their shipping data so far have been contacted via PM as follows:
Hello,

you have ordered Avalon chips from my DIY chip distribution a while ago. After a long journey with delays from Avalon side the distribution is going to be closed soon.

You either did not follow my related thread or just missed to enter your shipping data over the provided website on time.

Now I have your chips on my shelf waiting for your action and loosing value with each passing day. If you still want your chips, please provide me your shipping address and pay the S&H component for your order as defined here.

Please send me the txid of your payment, and I will ship your chips to the given address.

Good Luck,
zefir

Everybody addressed, please act: either let me know you don't need the chips, or provide me your shipping data for delivery.

Does anybody have reliable info on how long I am obliged to keep the chips available? I understand people paid for them, but at the same time I expect to not be required to keep worthless goods for years, am I Huh

Thanks for your support

warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:42:15 AM

I would definitely purchase a bunch if they were cheap enough if you have them in hand right now...

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:36:34 AM

Does anybody have reliable info on how long I am obliged to keep the chips available? I understand people paid for them, but at the same time I expect to not be required to keep worthless goods for years, am I Huh

You could make a mosaic with them, frame it and hang it on a wall. As proof for an enthralling anecdote you can tell your grandchildren one day  Smiley
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:51:27 AM

I would definitely purchase a bunch if they were cheap enough if you have them in hand right now...

Thing is, there was at least one angry user threatening to tag me as scammer if I should dump or re-sell the chips he paid for. Obviously he is right, I am not allowed to do so without permission.

That's why I asked if someone knows where my liability period ends. Obviously I can't keep chips and all order data active for years, at the same time - and to prevent recourse claims - I need to keep them and wait until they become folly worthless  Cry

You could make a mosaic with them, frame it and hang it on a wall. As proof for an enthralling anecdote you can tell your grandchildren one day  Smiley

Yes, since they are already in trays, that's maybe the bast I could do with them.

drico

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:42:04 PM

zefir,

did you sent those chips to bitmine for assembling ?
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:55:46 PM

zefir,

did you sent those chips to bitmine for assembling ?

Which chips do you mean? There were no chips assigned to Bitmine from the remaining batches (see shipped order list some posts above), so no chips sent.

Or do you mean those sitting on my desk not claimed yet? Those won't move anywhere until buyers decide so.

warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:53:16 PM

Well considering that burnin has 240 of my chips and has been incredibly lackadaisical in assembling them/contacting me with a solution, could anyone who had the same amount be transferred over to him so I can have mine sent to marto74 to get assembled in a timely fashion? Either way they are sitting in a box while no progress is made and this is months overdue at this point. And I really really dont want to chargeback burnin, but at what point do I just sit here and accept it and move on with no recourse?

Im stuck between a rock and a hard place because my chips are in a box at an assembler with little communication, while you have chips with destinations that no one has called for (mostly burnin I assume). I understand your quandary zefir, but some of us are here waiting and checking every day on progress, while none is done at the assembly part (not your fault obviously). Hence why I tried to have my destination changed but unfortunately you had left for Germany before I could message you in time. And this is why I'm interested in chips that people forgot. Luckily you don't have paypal to screw with you and honestly,  with the amount of borderline scamming here, you definitely will not be making the situation much worse. Its the end of the September now, if they haven't claimed the chips by now, they certainly care little about them at this point.

eraziel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:18:25 PM

Well considering that burnin has 240 of my chips and has been incredibly lackadaisical in assembling them/contacting me with a solution, could anyone who had the same amount be transferred over to him so I can have mine sent to marto74 to get assembled in a timely fashion? Either way they are sitting in a box while no progress is made and this is months overdue at this point. And I really really dont want to chargeback burnin, but at what point do I just sit here and accept it and move on with no recourse?

Im stuck between a rock and a hard place because my chips are in a box at an assembler with little communication, while you have chips with destinations that no one has called for (mostly burnin I assume). I understand your quandary zefir, but some of us are here waiting and checking every day on progress, while none is done at the assembly part (not your fault obviously). Hence why I tried to have my destination changed but unfortunately you had left for Germany before I could message you in time. And this is why I'm interested in chips that people forgot. Luckily you don't have paypal to screw with you and honestly,  with the amount of borderline scamming here, you definitely will not be making the situation much worse. Its the end of the September now, if they haven't claimed the chips by now, they certainly care little about them at this point.

Funniest comment of the day
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 06:35:03 PM

at the same time - and to prevent recourse claims - I need to keep them and wait until they become folly worthless  Cry

I think thats the only way. On one side the chips are practically worthless later but when they dont exist anymore one might demand the full price back. Regardless of the actual times worth. I would not take that risk. Instead, if the chips have no target, i would make a list with the owners and store the chips. Its the buyers fault if they dont care about them. But it would bee too risky to give them out of hand i think. They most probably wouldnt bring in much via auction anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

at the same time - and to prevent recourse claims - I need to keep them and wait until they become folly worthless  Cry

I think thats the only way. On one side the chips are practically worthless later but when they dont exist anymore one might demand the full price back. Regardless of the actual times worth. I would not take that risk. Instead, if the chips have no target, i would make a list with the owners and store the chips. Its the buyers fault if they dont care about them. But it would bee too risky to give them out of hand i think. They most probably wouldnt bring in much via auction anymore.

Yep. After all this stress for nothing, the last thing I need is people accusing me for giving their chips away without permission. It is not worth it, although it hurts watching the chips' value fading away in their trays.

The situation is not as bad for you as it might seem. Burnin received the remaining Avalon chips today, and will have them converted to boards this or next week. Alone from my delivery he has to build more than 250 boards, so logistics will take more time than production itself - but eventually you'll get your boards soon.

Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:37:06 PM

Zefir, how about this for an idea?

Tell people that you have binned their chips, or maybe sold them for a nominal amount.  Then when the come here ranting and raving "how dare you" you can then say "glad you're here, I saved your chips, here they are".   Cheesy

Seriously, one way to look at it - there will come a time in the very near future when assemblers will stop putting avalon chips on boards.  At that point, the chips are worthless for hashing, they are little more than historical curios at that point.

Maybe you could punch a hole in them and sell them as key-chains?  :/

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:38:26 PM

Another option would be to hold them in storage (for say 12 months) and if people come back to claim them, charge them for storage at some nominal daily or monthly rate.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:21:36 AM

Chips received. Thanks Zefir for your hard work, you did a great job.

Better luck next time !

[P+T]

lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:03:29 PM

Put them in a safe. In 100 years from now they will be a piece of history - first ASIC chips ever invented to mine Bitcoin, using some kind of computational hashing and cracking who nobody will be recognizing anymore, thanks to quantum computing:) It will be a great stuff for museum Tongue

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: