Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150341 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:49:29 PM

We're order #10129 .  Grin

NICE work JOHNK....

That will do.... that will do.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 04:50:25 PM

I am glad that  user 'mutex' was quick enough to join the party at the last moment.

ragingazn628,

Please, combine our ('hardlock' + 'mutex' ) orders to be delivered to the same address (the address  pointed by 'mutex').

Thank you!

yes I can confirm but please send me your info via that email too for verification purposes etc.

Alright guys. I will be start taking your individual shipping addresses for this order. We will do it email style so it will be much easier for me to keep track. Depending where you are located in the world I will do my best to give you an estimate for the shipping based on how many chips you bought. Also remember how much BTC you contributed to the group and how fast you sent the BTC to escrow will be weighted in when I do shipping etc. That is why I am making a list now.

Without further a due please email the following to avalonasics@gmail.com

*Note for Address please include as much detail as possible and make it accurate as much as possible.

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:57:38 PM

Screenshot of the order confirmation page sent to OP. Whew, this is finally done.  Grin

Nights guys.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:05:17 PM

Screenshot of the order confirmation page sent to OP. Whew, this is finally done.  Grin

Nights guys.

Good night JohnK thanks again for everything. You did a great job!

Special thanks again to people who helped with this batch. Especially nebiz for the revamp of the spreadsheet <3
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:12:58 PM

If you missed out on this group buy please contribute in the 2nd group buy here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189220.new#new
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

NICE work JOHNK....

Thanks - whew. For 1.5%, the workload is crazy.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:17:36 PM

NICE work JOHNK....

Thanks - whew. For 1.5%, the workload is crazy.

$1800 for 11 days worth of work ain't that bad ;p
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:23:16 PM

So we email you with our shipping information, but are we going to have the PCB option?
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:39:02 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 05:58:29 PM by ragingazn628

So we email you with our shipping information, but are we going to have the PCB option?

PCB is a possibility. Nothing concrete right now.

To put it in words. Burnin's project is much ahead of us right now Wink

Avalon will release their sources though.

Also if you haven't sent me shipping info please do it now to avalonasics@gmail.com

*Note for Address please include as much detail as possible and make it accurate as much as possible.

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Let's clarify the fees for individual shipping and what you guys will be responsible for:

Everyone is responsible for the following:
  • Import Customs Fees (divided among all 79 investors will be based on how many chips you bought)
  • Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group) For US people we can use USPS - cheap/fast/secured
  • Shipping Costs to your location. For this I can do COD (Cash On Delivery - you pay the shipping price when the item gets to you)
  • Shipping Supplies (I will buy in bulk divided among all 79 investors) - We are not sure how big the chips are, how will Avalon ship 10,000 chips?
  • I will declare the customs fees when we ship next to nothing so you don't have to pay high import fees for your country.
  • Your shipment will be weighted on how much BTC you have contributed and when you sent the BTC.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:48:51 PM

Also if you haven't sent me shipping info please do it now to avalonasics@gmail.com

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Let's clarify the fees for individual shipping and what you guys will be responsible for:

• Import Customs Fees (divided among all 79 investors)
  • Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group)
  • Shipping Costs to your location. For this I can do COD (Cash On Delivery - you pay the shipping price when the item gets to you)
  • Shipping Supplies (I will buy in bulk divided among all 79 investors) - We are not sure how big the chips are, how will Avalon ship 10,000 chips?
  • I will declare the customs fees when we ship next to nothing so you don't have to pay high import fees for your country.
  • Your shipment will be weighted on how much BTC you have contributed and when you sent the BTC.

Just to clarify, we're dividing customs fees by INVESTORS and not by chips? So a guy who ordered 20 chips is going to pay 1/79th of the customs, while a guy who ordered 1000 chips also pays 1/79th?

Shouldn't it be that you pay a percentage of the customs fees, based on what percentage of the order belongs to you? Customs on $100,000+ worth of chips is gonna be steep. For somebody who ordered maybe 10 chips, their customs bill could end up being more than their chips cost!  Shocked

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:57:01 PM

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

• Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group)

Just to clarify, we're dividing customs fees by INVESTORS and not by chips? So a guy who ordered 20 chips is going to pay 1/79th of the customs, while a guy who ordered 1000 chips also pays 1/79th?

Shouldn't it be that you pay a percentage of the customs fees, based on what percentage of the order belongs to you? Customs on $100,000+ worth of chips is gonna be steep. For somebody who ordered maybe 10 chips, their customs bill could end up being more than their chips cost!  Shocked

Ok sounds like a plan. You're right but I read:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/810/~/other-taxes-or-fees-required-to-import-goods-into-the-u.s.,-other-than-duty

Max is $485? Can someone verify this?

But does Avalon declare their value for $100k? Just because they're selling the chips for $100k+ doesn't mean it's worth $100k in MATERIAL no?

I know I sold my Mars II for about $3000 and I only declared $1000
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:01:02 PM

That's the user fee. That doesn't include the actual tariff. I've never imported raw chips, so I don't know what the duty rate is on those, but I've imported other stuff, and the user fee is the 'cheap' part.  Sad

Depending on how it's classified, there might actually not be any tariff at all. Like I said, I don't have experience importing raw chips (short of ordering a few dozen on Ebay), so I have no idea what the $$$ amount will be at the end.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
BitHav

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:03:42 PM

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Shouldn't it be that you pay a percentage of the customs fees, based on what percentage of the order belongs to you? Customs on $100,000+ worth of chips is gonna be steep. For somebody who ordered maybe 10 chips, their customs bill could end up being more than their chips cost!  Shocked

I agree, the portion of fees to be paid by each one shall be proportional to the number of chips ordered.
The formula to calculate it is easy: (Total Fees)*(chips ordered)/10,000

Otherwise it would be unfair.

ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 06:09:11 PM

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Shouldn't it be that you pay a percentage of the customs fees, based on what percentage of the order belongs to you? Customs on $100,000+ worth of chips is gonna be steep. For somebody who ordered maybe 10 chips, their customs bill could end up being more than their chips cost!  Shocked

I agree, the portion of fees to be paid by each one shall be proportional to the number of chips ordered.

Done. I will be doing that for the Import Fees

if you haven't sent me shipping info please do it now to avalonasics@gmail.com

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

• Import Customs Fees (Will be based on how many chips you bought Fees * #chips/10000 )
  • Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group) For US people we can use USPS - cheap/fast/secured
mutex

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:37:35 PM

Confirming combined shipping with user hardlock.
nebiz

Activity: 87
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:48:16 PM

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

• Import Customs Fees (Will be based on how many chips you bought Fees * #chips/10000 )

When you reorganized the spreadsheet, overpayment information was not reorganized with paid amount.  The overpayments were originally intended for shipping but it might be best to return them now since you plan to do most shipping COD (cash on delivery).  Can you revert the overpayment information to the correct line for each person who overpaid? Thanks!

tips: 1KY4hsybyqpTdxy8nSXh3KUKRi8jeGH8Jx
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 06:58:19 PM

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

When you reorganized the spreadsheet, overpayment information was not reorganized with paid amount.  The overpayments were originally intended for shipping but it might be best to return them now since you plan to do most shipping COD (cash on delivery).  Can you revert the overpayment information to the correct line for each person who overpaid? Thanks!

Yup I will message JohnK
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:02:46 PM

Nights guys.

Thank You :-)

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Rallye

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:10:06 PM

Nights guys.

Thank You :-)
Thank you to everyone that had a hand in making this happen, lets keep up the good work:)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:13:06 PM

Without further a due please email the following to avalonasics@gmail.com

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

P.S Post here after you sent the info so I can verify that it's actually you and not anyone else trying to steal your chips!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: