Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150373 times)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:10:46 AM

We're order #10129 .  Grin

NICE work JOHNK....

That will do.... that will do.

Thanks - whew. For 1.5%, the workload is crazy.

$1800 for 11 days worth of work ain't that bad ;p

The workload for John was pretty high. Not trying to be curt, but he really carried this thing. Your part will come (the shipping part), and then you'll be able to decide whether it was worth your share of the work as well. The only person who can determine whether the amount of work he put was worth the reward is John. He says it ain't worth it, I believe him. I will personally be sending a significant tip as soon as I'm able to start mining with these chips and generating some bitcoin, and I will be sending a meaningful tip to those involved.

John says it should've been another 1% minimum to make it worth his time. I'll personally be sending an additional 15%-20% in tips, when I'm in a position to do so, since what John did was WAAAY more than those assholes at Paypal or Bitinstant do, and they're taking 2.5% and 4% off the top, respectively, and screwing customers over left and right... John offered WAAAAY more service, and didn't screw anybody.

John has also effectively earned my escrow business for life, and I'll refer others to him as well. Wink

Agreed 100% Smiley JohnK is awesome!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:27:50 AM

sent

I tipped JohnK .2 BTC.. I feel like if everyone were to do this, it would compensate him more than enough, especially with the 1% fee added to it.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:31:06 AM

OP/ragingazn :

Please share your whereabouts with the people emailing you their private information. I would like to know who I am dealing with. Please reciprocate with your real name (full), address and phone number which can be reached.

I will send you an email as well.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:16:28 AM

Real name, phone number, and email are all unnecessary if you ask me.  I don't mind giving this info out, but there are others that may find this an issue.  I know some people that communicate via pm and only receive shipments at their PO Box. Either that or send the info via signed messages.  Just my 0.01BTC
shibaji

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:19:05 AM

Real name, phone number, and email are all unnecessary if you ask me.  I don't mind giving this info out, but there are others that may find this an issue.  I know some people that communicate via pm and only receive shipments at their PO Box. Either that or send the info via signed messages.  Just my 0.01BTC

I do not have any problem giving them out, but I certainly want to know who I am dealing with - it should be reciprocated.
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:25:44 AM

I do not have any problem giving them out, but I certainly want to know who I am dealing with - it should be reciprocated.

I suggested this as well when I sent over my personal details and he said he would not be reciprocating due to security reasons.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:28:54 AM

He is handling a large expensive order; I for one don't mind not knowing his personal details, but then again I've only got 1.5ish btc invested so far.
Rallye

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:31:11 AM

I suggested this as well when I sent over my personal details and he said he would not be reciprocating due to security reasons.
I don't wan't any more drama to come of this, but that sounds kind of sketchy.  Can we at least get John K's details then, since hes got the OP's info.  I've got a considerable amount invested here and I would like to know who to track down if I don't get my chips:)
davecoin

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:36:49 AM

I don't wan't any more drama to come of this, but that sounds kind of sketchy.  Can we at least get John K's details then, since hes got the OP's info.  I've got a considerable amount invested here and I would like to know who to track down if I don't get my chips:)

What I meant was: Buyer sends in BTC for an item, then that buyer should only need to provide a shipping address to receive the item. This is pretty common practice.
Rallye

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:39:46 AM

I don't wan't any more drama to come of this, but that sounds kind of sketchy.  Can we at least get John K's details then, since hes got the OP's info.  I've got a considerable amount invested here and I would like to know who to track down if I don't get my chips:)

What I meant was: Buyer sends in BTC for an item, then that buyer should only need to provide a shipping address to receive the item. This is pretty common practice.
What I'm saying is that I would like to know the name and address of the person that my chips are going to be shipped to.  I think its only reasonable.  Even if it is not publicly stated.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:41:16 AM

So we email you with our shipping information, but are we going to have the PCB option?

PCB is a possibility. Nothing concrete right now.

To put it in words. Burnin's project is much ahead of us right now Wink

Avalon will release their sources though.

Also if you haven't sent me shipping info please do it now to avalonasics@gmail.com

*Note for Address please include as much detail as possible and make it accurate as much as possible.

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Let's clarify the fees for individual shipping and what you guys will be responsible for:

Everyone is responsible for the following:
  • Import Customs Fees (divided among all 79 investors)
  • Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group)
  • Shipping Costs to your location. For this I can do COD (Cash On Delivery - you pay the shipping price when the item gets to you)
  • Shipping Supplies (I will buy in bulk divided among all 79 investors) - We are not sure how big the chips are, how will Avalon ship 10,000 chips?
  • I will declare the customs fees when we ship next to nothing so you don't have to pay high import fees for your country.
  • Your shipment will be weighted on how much BTC you have contributed and when you sent the BTC.

Just to clarify, we're dividing customs fees by INVESTORS and not by chips? So a guy who ordered 20 chips is going to pay 1/79th of the customs, while a guy who ordered 1000 chips also pays 1/79th?

Shouldn't it be that you pay a percentage of the customs fees, based on what percentage of the order belongs to you? Customs on $100,000+ worth of chips is gonna be steep. For somebody who ordered maybe 10 chips, their customs bill could end up being more than their chips cost!  Shocked

I agree, the portion of fees to be paid by each one shall be proportional to the number of chips ordered.
The formula to calculate it is easy: (Total Fees)*(chips ordered)/10,000

Otherwise it would be unfair.

Done. I will be doing that for the Import Fees

if you haven't sent me shipping info please do it now to avalonasics@gmail.com

*Note for Address please include as much detail as possible and make it accurate as much as possible.

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Let's clarify the fees for individual shipping and what you guys will be responsible for:

• Import Customs Fees (Will be based on how many chips you bought Fees * #chips/10000 )
  • Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group) For US people we can use USPS - cheap/fast/secured
  • Shipping Costs to your location. For this I can do COD (Cash On Delivery - you pay the shipping price when the item gets to you)
  • Shipping Supplies (I will buy in bulk divided among all 79 investors) - We are not sure how big the chips are, how will Avalon ship 10,000 chips?
  • I will declare the customs fees when we ship next to nothing so you don't have to pay high import fees for your country.
  • Your shipment will be weighted on how much BTC you have contributed and when you sent the BTC.

When you reorganized the spreadsheet, overpayment information was not reorganized with paid amount.  The overpayments were originally intended for shipping but it might be best to return them now since you plan to do most shipping COD (cash on delivery).  Can you revert the overpayment information to the correct line for each person who overpaid? Thanks!

Yup I will message JohnK
Can everyone with overpayments PM (and post here) their BTC addresses for the refunds to be sent? I'd like this to go all at once to save on the blockchain fees. (considering that it's all smallish payments)

Thanks again for everything!  Smiley
davecoin

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:47:53 AM

What I'm saying is that I would like to know the name and address of the person that my chips are going to be shipped to.  I think its only reasonable.  Even if it is not publicly stated.
I agree, but why do they need my real name (mail will be delivered regardless), phone number, and email address?  Again, I have no problem giving this information out, but I'm still failing to see why it's needed.  Looking for clarification from OP.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:51:55 AM

I don't wan't any more drama to come of this, but that sounds kind of sketchy.  Can we at least get John K's details then, since hes got the OP's info.  I've got a considerable amount invested here and I would like to know who to track down if I don't get my chips:)

My details?  Huh I agree to release the details of OP as per what's in my agreement earlier, so don't worry. I guess my reputation is worth more than the 800~BTC here...(and that it wouldn't hurt me in any way if I released OP's information, so it makes no sense for me to not release should anything bad occur *touches wood*)
shibaji

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:54:27 AM

I agree, but why do they need my real name (mail will be delivered regardless), phone number, and email address?  Again, I have no problem giving this information out, but I'm still failing to see why it's needed.  Looking for clarification from OP.

I guess email address is needed for status update, which is fine. Phone number is something additional. All of which I have already provided. It is also ok if ragingazn does not provide anything, but it would be nice if he did - he is not an organization. In ebay sale, for example, you always know both parties.

Anyhow, assuming John K has all the corrected details, this is almost a no-op - except more burden for John if something goes wrong.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:56:32 AM

I guess email address is needed for status update, which is fine. Phone number is something additional. All of which I have already provided. It is also ok if ragingazn does not provide anything, but it would be nice if he did - he is not an organization. In ebay sale, for example, you always know both parties.

Anyhow, assuming John K has all the corrected details, this is almost a no-op - except more burden for John if something goes wrong.
A phone number is needed for some shipping companies AFAIK. I'm always being prompted to put a phone number when getting a shipment too.
nebiz

Activity: 87
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:10:26 AM

So we email you with our shipping information, but are we going to have the PCB option?

Also if you haven't sent me shipping info please do it now to avalonasics@gmail.com

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

• Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group)

Just to clarify, we're dividing customs fees by INVESTORS and not by chips? So a guy who ordered 20 chips is going to pay 1/79th of the customs, while a guy who ordered 1000 chips also pays 1/79th?

Shouldn't it be that you pay a percentage of the customs fees, based on what percentage of the order belongs to you? Customs on $100,000+ worth of chips is gonna be steep. For somebody who ordered maybe 10 chips, their customs bill could end up being more than their chips cost!  Shocked

I agree, the portion of fees to be paid by each one shall be proportional to the number of chips ordered.

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

• Import Customs Fees (Will be based on how many chips you bought Fees * #chips/10000 )
  • Shipping will be via UPS (closest to me - not sure if cheapest, can be changed based on interest of the group) For US people we can use USPS - cheap/fast/secured

When you reorganized the spreadsheet, overpayment information was not reorganized with paid amount.  The overpayments were originally intended for shipping but it might be best to return them now since you plan to do most shipping COD (cash on delivery).  Can you revert the overpayment information to the correct line for each person who overpaid? Thanks!

Yup I will message JohnK
Can everyone with overpayments PM (and post here) their BTC addresses for the refunds to be sent? I'd like this to go all at once to save on the blockchain fees. (considering that it's all smallish payments)

Please send my overpayment and any tips to my tip address. Thanks again, JohnK!

tips: 1KY4hsybyqpTdxy8nSXh3KUKRi8jeGH8Jx
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:11:54 AM

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Username:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:
Other Info:

Yup I will message JohnK

Please send my overpayment and any tips to my tip address. Thanks again, JohnK!
Noted - everyone else with overpayments please confirm here!
nebiz

Activity: 87
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:13:03 AM

A phone number is needed for some shipping companies AFAIK. I'm always being prompted to put a phone number when getting a shipment too.

I don't want anyone except JohnK knowing OP's info.  I don't want our chips stolen by someone here or someone who can leverage someone here.  In addition, JohnK would release it in event of a shipment failure.

JohnK - is there a protocol for further communications from Avalon regarding the order shipment and delivery status? Thanks!

tips: 1KY4hsybyqpTdxy8nSXh3KUKRi8jeGH8Jx
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:15:20 AM

Go ahead and keep my overpayment.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

I don't want anyone except JohnK knowing OP's info.  I don't want our chips stolen by someone here or someone who can leverage someone here.  In addition, JohnK would release it in event of a shipment failure.

JohnK - is there a protocol for further communications from Avalon regarding the order shipment and delivery status? Thanks!
Yes, that's true - see the Avalon #1 stolen shipments for example.

Avalon will probably give updates by email. I have requested them CC OP with the mails, but most probably I will post them here too. I will also check the portal once a week for any updates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: