May 22, 2024, 05:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7936 7937 7938 7939 7940 7941 7942 7943 7944 7945 7946 7947 7948 7949 7950 7951 7952 7953 7954 7955 7956 7957 7958 7959 7960 7961 7962 7963 7964 7965 7966 7967 7968 7969 7970 7971 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7977 7978 7979 7980 7981 7982 7983 7984 7985 [7986] 7987 7988 7989 7990 7991 7992 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 ... 33372 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26387491 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:31:17 PM

spending 500$ at newegg.ca is easier said then done, i only need and external HD... wtf do i do now  Huh  i want the 30% off 500$  Tongue

25% of at 300 to you know. that or find something nice to buy

Or the best deal: Hold onto your coins  Cool
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:37:43 PM

spending 500$ at newegg.ca is easier said then done, i only need and external HD... wtf do i do now  Huh  i want the 30% off 500$  Tongue

Of course Adam will replace them immediately. It's just a proxy for spending his Canadian monopoly notes.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 11:38:38 PM

Of course Adam will replace them immediately. It's just a proxy for spending his Canadian monopoly notes.

Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10299

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:54:29 PM

*remaining unanswered if tax is theft.

It is not. It is robbery.

Inflation is theft.

It's a hard analogy, calling tax as robbery but it has some valid points, if we suppose that the violence aspect needed to fulfill robbery is the government and the consequences of denying to pay.

Speaking of a tax-free society, how to manage society and all their problems? I read a lot about robbery, theft, rape but not how to do it better. You won't tell me that pure ultra-capitalism would make us a better world.

Shoot the weak?

There you go.. that is the logical solution to weed out those who cannot provide for themselves... survival of the fittest.. including getting rid of all accommodations for disabilities and the old people NO longer serve a function neither.

can have all these good things without government inflating away all our saving tho?

The good, bad and the ugly... they come together as a package and maybe we get a little more of one or a little less of another but surely I do NOT see the solution to be all or nothing or to strive towards extremes..   And, likely bitcoin is NOT going to resolve the need for compromises and human decision makers deciding public goods and sometimes messing it up.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:59:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:05:58 AM

but basic education should be available to all, and probably at all stages in life...

See, I have absolutely no problem with that. And I certainly will not be one to stand in your way when you choose to fund it.

Why would he, if he can vote for people that force you to fund it?

Are you  a part of the community or NOT?  If so, you have some obligations.  Thank you very much - that is how modern society works.. you can have your input in various ways too, including your vote and including getting involved in the public space.

No thanks. Your community has failed again and again. I reject coercion and will only interact on a voluntary basis.

Yes... You can choose which community to live in, and you can hopefully learn to accept your obligation to contribute to the community rather than being a leech.... The community has a variety of cost of which you either directly or indirectly benefit. Otherwise, you can go move to Alaska and freeze your ass off, or some other place that you find suitable for individualistic living... but the rest of us live in communities and there are not enough islands to have one person per island... so we have to figure out ways to get along and to share... NOT easy but necessary, unless we are going to kill off 90% of the planet.  Are you suggesting population reduction?  and if so, how?

The only obligation which I have a right to assume is to do at any time what I think right.

Don't be so pessimistic.  You have a lot of rights within the parameters of communities. 

This has always been the case and your right to punch your fist stops at my nose or at least right before you hit my nose as long as you are not getting in my space and threatening jme.. our rights and duties are reciprocal. 

You should already know these basic concepts about rights and obligations by living in communities and being educated in schools, but frequently we forget that our actions will sometimes affect others.  And, sometimes we are taught badly, too. 

We are also NOT robots and we can make several choices about how to act and about how to expend our personal resources and where to place our bets regarding career and other life choices. 

Each of us also have the right to vote and to participate and to attempt to pursuade others and to lobby and to speak out against what we believe to be unfair and/or unjust.
toinew

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:07:02 AM

500$ looks solid from now on
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:21:52 AM

Hm, I am seriously thinking to move all my BTC to LTC right now. It just smells the bottom. We tested lows twice and bounced very aggressively.

OKCoin LTC volume is highest ever on any exchange, it's bigger than on btc-e during launch of last huge bubble. Much bigger. And it's 5-8 times bigger than OKCoin LTC volume during that phase.

BTCe volume is not as big though but BTC-e had much bigger share of LTC market back then.

I'm tempted, very tempted.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:23:00 AM

Any of you market-smart guys want to comment on this?:

http://www.coindesk.com/citi-miners-merchants-keeping-bitcoin-prices-check/

Sounds pretty dire, at least for the short term.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:27:24 AM

It's the difference between short term and long term. Still market sentiment has proven to be a much stronger influence so when that changes, so will the price and the outlook.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:29:34 AM

citi? lol! i wouldnt give a shit...

ever followed stock market analysts? most is just BS.

also why should all those miner sell all their mined coins? i am a miner too and i dont sell mined coins. that wasnt my intention form the beginning.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:31:27 AM

That's fine - if you are interested in having a conversation with yourself, which I am coming to realize is exactly what you want.

We do NOT need to agree.  I can make my points and you can make your points, and no need to pursue the matter further.

So your job is simply to read what I write supporting my assertions, then just say "nuhn'uh!"  I am starting to understand your rhetorical style.

Sounds like you are oversimplifying again, and I have NO need to persuade you - especially if we each believe that we made our points, and then the discussion gets diverted into whether one style or another is preferable... Thereafter, we may NOT even recall what was being discussed.

Uhm, could you at least share the logic that led you to this conclusion?  I stated an example of a multiplier that fits the context, and you conclude from that one quite valid example that I have a "limited knowledge of the concept of the multiplier effect"?  How exactly does that follow logically?

Apparently, we are not discussing matters on the same level.  I have repeated that we should consider that there are various ways to spend tax dollars and some ways have a larger affect than others depending upon who gets the money.. and those kinds of multiplier effects should be taken into account when we decide how to allocate our tax dollars.

I can't make any sense of your 'attempt to link Obama performance' at all.  I didn't attempt anything.  I presented an example.  If you think that example is specifically a bad reflection on President Obama, that is a conclusion that your have reached on your own.  I just presented another example of this nonsense Keynesian notion that government spending of money they steal from people who would have spent it themselves, probably more wisely, somehow "multiplies" the effectiveness of that spending.  Richard Nixon made even stupider economic moves when he was president, i.e. wage and price controls...  Jimmy Carter did some very smart economic things as president, i.e. deregulation of the transportation industries.  This is not a Republican vs. Democrat thing.  Stupid and wrong is stupid and wrong no matter who does it.  And the stimulus bill was stupid and wrong.  And there is NO example of any such spending resulting in such a multiplier effect that you can point to with evidence to back it up.  It has never happened.  Not in the US.  Not in the world.  Not in history.  Not ever.  It sounded good when Keynes wrote it, but in practice it just doesn't happen.

At least in theory it sounds as if you understand the concept of multiplier effect, and I dont really need to come up with any details b/c you seem to want to argue just for the sake of argument.

I will just mention, though, that government investment in transportation was good and can be very good for the economy.  Also government investment in the social security system can be good and has been good for the economy.. the same is true if we were to invest in meaningful single payer healthcare... all good for society and the economy and with good multiplier effects   Devil is in the details, though in terms of where to draw the line exactly... b/c those are community decisions and NO place for me to be saying the exact applications.

Not indications of wealth.  Indications of being better off than someone who DOES NOT have those things.  Yes, that is a narrow definition of 'better off', but I don't think any of us here are qualified to judge every facet of the quality of anyone's life, so we have pick something as an indicator.  If you have an indicator that negates mine, please present it.

I presented several ideas already including how many hours people are working and how much they are being paid and are they receiving health care ...

All of these have deteriorated in the past 25 years or more.... so quality of life has gone down in the last 25 years or so.  We do NOT need to agree or argue about this.

If you believe that they have NOT gone down, then you can live with that perspective, I am NOT going to stop you from thinking that we are continuously progressing, if that is what you want to believe.

You are not making your case more persuasively by turning this into some ad hominem attack, or an attempt to paint me a some political caricature you feel superior to.  I might be right in my beliefs, or I may be wrong - but I am just as well-read and educated on the subjects at hand as you are.  I may disagree with you, but I will respect you and your opinions as long as you afford me the same respect.

I suggested that you may be relying too much on Fox news reports, and I doubt that is a personal attack to suggest that your information sources may be less than adequate.

I have no idea whether you are smarter than me, and I dont really care, and we have NO real way of knowing by reading some random thread posts whether one person is smarter than another or whether one person or another has better and more logical conclusions. 

I do believe people are better off in general than they were 25 years ago, certainly in terms of material wealth - although, as Richie_T pointed out, that is mitigated somewhat by the fact that we do have to work longer hours now - and we ALL have to work too.  Single income families are not really viable now like they once were.

Yep.. both of those examples show, in my thinking, that we are NOT better off now as compared with 25 years ago.. but you can go on thinking that we are better off, and I will go on thinking that we are NOT better off, and we do NOT need to resolve those kinds of questions here.

Sandia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:38:15 AM

It sounds like no effort was made to do real research; it reads like a standard /r/bitcoinmarkets post, not like something a bank should be publishing.

Merchant sales only matter if coins are not being replaced.  Otherwise, it is just another buy/sell at market price.  The standard reply is, 'Oh, early adopters are going to spend all their coins at Expedia!1!"  with no evidence.  Since the large addresses are growing in size, this is unlikely to be true.

Due to its anonymous/pseudonymous nature, adoption numbers are almost impossible to know.  The standard reply is to drag out the same old blockchain chart, because we know how reliable their data is  Undecided .  Transactions data mean less and less because so many transactions are made off-chain.  The average transaction size has also been dropping for years (ask the hero posters about 10k coin walls or buying 1k coins at once).

My final point: why are major companies accepting btc if no one owns any and btc is slowly losing the battle?  Maybe, just maybe, they know more than many posters.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:39:21 AM

citi? lol! i wouldnt give a shit...

ever followed stock market analysts? most is just BS.

also why should all those miner sell all their mined coins? i am a miner too and i dont sell mined coins. that wasnt my intention form the beginning.

Stock analysts upgrade a stock after it runs up and downgrades it after a sell-off.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:59:26 AM

Explanation
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

Yep.. both of those examples show, in my thinking, that we are NOT better off now as compared with 25 years ago.. but you can go on thinking that we are better off, and I will go on thinking that we are NOT better off, and we do NOT need to resolve those kinds of questions here.

If you were not interested in engaging in a dialogue on these matters, why did you bother responding at all?

I never said I was smarter than you - never even suggested that.  I read what you write, then search vainly for what I wrote that inspired it.  Huh

Suggesting that someone gets all their political opinions from some consumer news outlet is certainly insulting, demeaning, and clearly ad hominem.

I leave you now to continue believing what you believe now, and will always believe, simply because you cannot bear to believe otherwise.  Back in my early 20s, when I was working my butt off to get through school, I was pretty much a full-on Marxist, and thought I was damn clever to understand what my contemporaries were too complacent to see.  I came to understand better though, because I value the truth more than I value my own personal intuition born of ignorance.  I don't claim to know the breadth of your economic education and learning, but I suspect that there are some truths you simply have not read yet - and it's certainly true that none of us is likely to change anyone's economic outlook in this limited medium.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:15:00 AM

If you were not interested in engaging in a dialogue on these matters, why did you bother responding at all?

I never said I was smarter than you - never even suggested that.  I read what you write, then search vainly for what I wrote that inspired it.  Huh

Suggesting that someone gets all their political opinions from some consumer news outlet is certainly insulting, demeaning, and clearly ad hominem.

I leave you now to continue believing what you believe now, and will always believe, simply because you cannot bear to believe otherwise.  Back in my early 20s, when I was working my butt off to get through school, I was pretty much a full-on Marxist, and thought I was damn clever to understand what my contemporaries were too complacent to see.  I came to understand better though, because I value the truth more than I value my own personal intuition born of ignorance.  I don't claim to know the breadth of your economic education and learning, but I suspect that there are some truths you simply have not read yet - and it's certainly true that none of us is likely to change anyone's economic outlook in this limited medium.

It appears that a cease fire agreement has been reached - at least for the moment.   Lips sealed    Lips sealed
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:22:39 AM

Cool

ok after a lil searching around i found the promo code

customers paying with Bitcoin will receive a discount of $75 on purchases over $300, and $150 on purchases over $500 using promo code BITCOINDEALCA.

do like me and buy Buy BUY!!! and THEN make your purchase.

Wink
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:24:36 AM

this is a picture i took when i went back to the future!

Cheesy
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:45:41 AM

Where is the big HODL sign?

C
Pages: « 1 ... 7936 7937 7938 7939 7940 7941 7942 7943 7944 7945 7946 7947 7948 7949 7950 7951 7952 7953 7954 7955 7956 7957 7958 7959 7960 7961 7962 7963 7964 7965 7966 7967 7968 7969 7970 7971 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7977 7978 7979 7980 7981 7982 7983 7984 7985 [7986] 7987 7988 7989 7990 7991 7992 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 ... 33372 »
  Print  

Jump to: