June 26, 2024, 04:54:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 [8494] 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 8525 8526 8527 8528 8529 8530 8531 8532 8533 8534 8535 8536 8537 8538 8539 8540 8541 8542 8543 8544 ... 33484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407153 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:20:08 PM

Anybody remember when the price went up and you thought shit I should have bought more coins while they were cheap...

... well now you can !
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:21:18 PM

I live in South East Asia, I live on around $2000 a month. That's in a nice villa, with a nice car, and I eat out at least 2x a day (in western restaurants not local food)

in Europe my lifestyle would eat 90% of my income, over here I save >75% of my income.

In most of US, you wouldn't be able to afford your lifestyle, period.  I lived on $2k a month (NYC) and trust me, there was no talk of "villas" or saving Cheesy

Yeah, I lived in NYC, my friend's gym membership in manhattan was $300 a month.

2k$/month even after tax sets you for a very poor and stressing life in a big rich western city

2k$/month + 2k$/month for your girlfriend all after tax may start paying you a kind of confortable life

I never said I make 2k a month, i said I live off 2k a month and I save more than 75% of my income.

very nice
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:22:24 PM

-------------------------

I'm outta here

Oh.. and one more thing that is probably a psychological problem for you is that you seem to be viewing your interactions here on the interwebs as some kind of competition, including these recent posts with me.  There may be some posters who are competing, but I am NOT one of them..    So step back from the keyboard, sir, ma'am or bot!!!!!!   Cheesy

Heh I posted that when I got bored waiting for a reply  Roll Eyes I can't believe you'd even say something about that... I guess that is probably a psychological problem for you... LOL!
You step away from the keyboard bulltard...  Roll Eyes
Again, you do NOT seem to be saying anything new, here.  You are merely taking the lines that I used that were directed towards you, and then directing the lines towards me.  Seems like you are running on pure emotion rather than reason.  Maybe on the positive shows that you are a human rather than a bot...?   And, if you are a bot, you are sure seeming to be an emotional one.. that is lashing out and grasping at straws....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Because there's really nothing to talk about that... LOL! I can't believe you'd even react with my exit phrase/image.. LOL!
I guess it's probably some sort of a psychological problem.. You'd always find a reason to slap your long-winded post.  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't be surprised if we later end up with you lecturing me about my grammatical errors.  Roll Eyes

You wouldn't be surprised if I were to attempt to correct your grammar because again you are engaging in what seems to be pure speculation that has little to no basis in reality.  I hope that your attempts to forecast the price direction of BTC are better than your whimsical attempts to analyze and predict the personalities and behaviors of pseudo-anonymous persons on the internet?
Well based on how you react with a single image and a three word sentence, and how it ended up with something like "psychological problem", "competition", "bot", "emotion", etc. , there's a possibility that we end up with that since you already mentioned about my sentences not comprehensible  Roll Eyes
There seems to be quite a bit stream of consciousness going on here, and loose connections, and seems like you are getting a bit worked up over this, at least to the extent that your sentences are NOT really comprehensible in a self-contained manner, but hinge on a form of fill-in-the-blank puzzle.
I think you have pretty much summed it up.  Your posts go on a variety of stream-of-consciousness attempts to connect a large variety of ideas by stringing words together and then making strained connections between such words.  

It causes me to believe that your level of comprehension remains somewhat at the word level, rather than at the sentence level.  As you improve with your comprehension abilities, you should, hopefully, be able to progress to the paragraph level and then page and then chapter and then book...   Not everyone has comprehension ability or learns comprehension skills; however, hopefully, NOW that I have pointed this out to you, possibly, you will be able to take action to work on these skills.

Hopefully, you will improve with some of your abilities, but I do NOT really have much hope to assist you in the near-term future.. because, as I said earlier, developing skills can take time..

NONETHELESS, i will attempt to pay attention to some of your posts to verify whether there is any potential for coherence and/or comment(s) from me.
I am really amazed at how this long conversation started with just the image and three word sentence I posted Roll Eyes
Even the last one sentence comment I made produced a reply which is almost half as long as an essay  Grin
I guess I should explain things clearly to end this conversation.

I've been wondering if it's the post I made which is incomprehensible or it's just you who is a little bit slow in understanding things.
Let's check where it started. From the start, you've been lecturing me about how bad name-calling is and how you dislike such behavior. You talked to me because I called someone a "bulltard". Unfortunately, I was able to remember a similar situation where someone was calling me names and you were also present at that time.
Link
From that, I realized that you:
a) are probably a bulltard since you agree with their post and got butthurt when I mentioned "THOSE bulltards" from my original post
b)were just pretending that you are so concerned about name-calling since you just ignored those guy's behavior
I was actually expecting the conversation to end there but still, you started posting unnecessary post like trying to justify your behavior, btc price claims, mom's basement, pettiness etc. Link
Then I replied with this Link
I believe there's nothing incomprehensible with that but you posted this.Link

Link
I think that's pretty easy to understand so that will be the last time I'll attempt to reply with a very long post.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:23:49 PM

lol google image search resulted in "child smoking photography"

I'm not sure what you mean hah

Wisdom beyond your years Cheesy  Just a pic that popped into my mind.  Joseph Szabo.
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:25:05 PM

Anybody remember when the price went up and you thought shit I should have bought more coins while they were cheap...

... well now you can !

Whenever price is high all we can think is: I would do anything to have them $50 cheaper than they are now.

*price falls $50*

OMG I wish I'd sodl when the price was $50 higher than it is now.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:28:15 PM

... well now you can !
When they WERE cheap, not when they ARE cheap. Wink
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:28:50 PM

... well now you can !

Whenever price is high all we can think is: I would do anything to have them $50 cheaper than they are now.

*price falls $50*

This is very true. I feel like that too. That is why I try to think rationally when I trade.
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:29:14 PM

Well I saved my pennies and I saved my dimes
For I knew there would be a time
When I would buy a brand new 409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frtVqCZub-0
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:33:25 PM

... well now you can !

*price falls $50*

This is very true. I feel like that too. That is why I try to think rationally when I trade.

It's called following and not leading.

Honestly I just have no idea where the price is going. I want more btc, that is all I know.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:34:26 PM

I'm outta here

Oh.. and one more thing that is probably a psychological problem for you is that you seem to be viewing your interactions here on the interwebs as some kind of competition, including these recent posts with me.  There may be some posters who are competing, but I am NOT one of them..    So step back from the keyboard, sir, ma'am or bot!!!!!!   Cheesy

Heh I posted that when I got bored waiting for a reply  Roll Eyes I can't believe you'd even say something about that... I guess that is probably a psychological problem for you... LOL!
Again, you do NOT seem to be saying anything new, here.  You are merely taking the lines that I used that were directed towards you, and then directing the lines towards me.  Seems like you are running on pure emotion rather than reason.  Maybe on the positive shows that you are a human rather than a bot...?   And, if you are a bot, you are sure seeming to be an emotional one.. that is lashing out and grasping at straws....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Because there's really nothing to talk about that... LOL! I can't believe you'd even react with my exit phrase/image.. LOL!
I guess it's probably some sort of a psychological problem.. You'd always find a reason to slap your long-winded post.  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't be surprised if we later end up with you lecturing me about my grammatical errors.  Roll Eyes

You wouldn't be surprised if I were to attempt to correct your grammar because again you are engaging in what seems to be pure speculation that has little to no basis in reality.  I hope that your attempts to forecast the price direction of BTC are better than your whimsical attempts to analyze and predict the personalities and behaviors of pseudo-anonymous persons on the internet?
Well based on how you react with a single image and a three word sentence, and how it ended up with something like "psychological problem", "competition", "bot", "emotion", etc. , there's a possibility that we end up with that since you already mentioned about my sentences not comprehensible  Roll Eyes
There seems to be quite a bit stream of consciousness going on here, and loose connections, and seems like you are getting a bit worked up over this, at least to the extent that your sentences are NOT really comprehensible in a self-contained manner, but hinge on a form of fill-in-the-blank puzzle.
I think you have pretty much summed it up.  Your posts go on a variety of stream-of-consciousness attempts to connect a large variety of ideas by stringing words together and then making strained connections between such words.  

It causes me to believe that your level of comprehension remains somewhat at the word level, rather than at the sentence level.  As you improve with your comprehension abilities, you should, hopefully, be able to progress to the paragraph level and then page and then chapter and then book...   Not everyone has comprehension ability or learns comprehension skills; however, hopefully, NOW that I have pointed this out to you, possibly, you will be able to take action to work on these skills.

Hopefully, you will improve with some of your abilities, but I do NOT really have much hope to assist you in the near-term future.. because, as I said earlier, developing skills can take time..

NONETHELESS, i will attempt to pay attention to some of your posts to verify whether there is any potential for coherence and/or comment(s) from me.
I am really amazed at how this long conversation started with just the image and three word sentence I posted Roll Eyes
Even the last one sentence comment I made produced a reply which is almost half as long as an essay  Grin

I've been wondering if it's the post I made which is incomprehensible or it's just you who is a little bit slow in understanding things.
Let's check where it started. From the start, you've been lecturing me about how bad name-calling is and how you dislike such behavior. You talked to me because I called someone a "bulltard". Unfortunately, I was able to remember a similar situation where someone was calling me names and you were also present at that time.
Link
a) are probably a bulltard since you agree with their post and got butthurt when I mentioned "THOSE bulltards" from my original post
b)were just pretending that you are so concerned about name-calling since you just ignored those guy's behavior
I was actually expecting the conversation to end there but still, you started posting unnecessary post like trying to justify your behavior, btc price claims, mom's basement, pettiness etc. Link

Link
I think that's pretty easy to understand so that will be the last time I'll attempt to reply with a very long post.

i can't believe someone created two accounts to argue with himself on bitcointalk
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:38:56 PM

... well now you can !

this bear market will keep on going until we see what PayPal can bring to Bitcoin.
But Historically speaking the winter months especially November and December are the best time to get bullish.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:44:15 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 01:11:19 PM by 600watt

found this @another thread:

edit: here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400235.msg8959348#msg8959348

Bitcoin gains strength in Japan, wins support from a leading payment provider
September 25, 2014at 2:31 am by David Corbin

Bitcoin’s cloudy future in Japan just got a bit brighter. The virtual currency has been slow to catch on in Japan following the collapse of noted bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox and the government’s subsequent refusal to categorize it as a currency. There are still proponents of Bitcoin in the country, however. Now you can add GMO, one of Japan’s largest internet infrastructure firms, to the list of fans. It announced that its payment solution, GMO Payment Gateway (“GMO-PG”), will support bitcoin payments alongside standard payment options like credit cards and bank transfers starting in November. GMO-PG made a partnership with and investment in BitFlyer, a bitcoin marketplace and settlement service, in order to add bitcoin support. Considering GMO’s status as a top tech firm, the tie-up with nine-month-old BitFlyer seems unexpected. However, BitFlyer has done a lot in that time. Though BitFlyer only just started operations in January, it has quickly risen to the top of Japan’s bitcoin food chain. It now claims to be the largest bitcoin company in Japan and is also the leader of the Japan Authority of Digital Assets. The firm’s official legal representation comes from Nishimura & Asahi, widely considered to be one of the top law firms in Japan. GMO-PG’s decision to take the bitcoin plunge could have large ramifications in Japan. The firm is already the most used company for credit card processing, having assembled over 48,000 online stores. Not even Rakuten, the country’s leading ecommerce service, has more stores. Use of bitcoin requires both parties in a transaction to have a bitcoin wallet, so it is unlikely that users will be able to pay in bitcoin at all 48,000 stores. Even so, the mere act of GMO-PG coming out in support of bitcoin so openly is a sign that the winds may be shifting in Japan. In its unusually detailed statement, the company noted an important change in Japan’s regulatory environment – in June, the government’s IT strategy committee came out in support of bitcoin. According to the committee, “Bitcoin is something that creates new innovation in business.” GMO-PG agrees but the next step is convincing 48,000 merchants.

http://www.techinasia.com/bitcoin-gmo-payment/

there is light a green candle at the end of the tunnel...
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:45:55 PM

Ok well done traders and dumpers. Quite the achievement. Pretty much the biggest news we could hope for, Paypal accepting Bitcoin, and you managed to kill the last bit of confidence buyers had and we're back where we were before. But hey, you got your 200 bucks profit right! Edit: actually funny enough most of you most likely ended up losing money because that is simply what the majority of traders do.
Really, well played. I couldn't make this shit up because nobody would believe me that people are this stupid.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10441

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:47:41 PM

My thought have been that I would use some of the extra cash flow for frequent traveling.. but it never hurts to have a little extra cash flow (even for savings purposes).. and I anticipate needing to return to the states about two times a year which is NOT cheap... . at least maybe until I make sure most of my matters/affairs in the states are settled...  and the reality may be that it will NOT be completely feasible to sever from the USA business.. .. still contemplating options in that regard.. I am actually in my late 40s, so NOT a spring chicken, but pretty decent energy and health.. Knock on wood.

I still travel a little, but to be honest I was in the forces and I lived in 4 countries before I turned 18. I've seen a lot of the world, there aren't too many places I fancy going left.

You got 20 years on me old man, haha, I must be wise beyond my years  Grin

Time flies fast, so it seems very recent that I was in your age range... and i have gone through several different kinds of experiences, including some travels, as well.. .   and there can be a lot of journeys while traveling or while staying in one location, yet time passes by quickly...

Thus, who knows where you are going to be in 20 years.. whether you follow through with plans or your take an alternative course... but for me, and currently, I sense a new chapter is upcoming which is exciting for me.... because I am expecting to travel to new locations and to experiment in some ways beyond my prior experiences... and 20 years from now?  what will be my energy?  hopefully good?  And what will be my finances?  Hopefully, I will have planned adequately.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:48:22 PM

Guys, why even bother keeping up with the minute to minute.

Here's a summary:

1.  Whale pumps bitcoin on PayPal news, hoping to spark a mini-rally
2.  Mini rally fails
3.  Whale slowly sells off coins
4.  Price grinds back down to where it was before rally

Gee, whouda thunk it huh?   Roll Eyes

Occam's Razor at its finest   Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:53:37 PM

I'm outta here

Link

Link

Well.  Good job.  Hopefully, you found your creation of the post to be helpful.  To me, the contents seem a bit self absorbed, but as long as you found the exercise helpful, that should be great.
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:55:42 PM

Time flies fast

When you're 10, each year is 1/10th of your entire life, so it seems like it goes on forever.

By the time you're 50 one year is only 2% of your life, so it seems like it passes by so much faster.

But yes, time is going by increasingly rapidly. It's a bit disconcerting.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:56:13 PM

I'm outta here

Link

Link

i can't believe someone created two accounts to argue with himself on bitcointalk

Well, you better start believing.   Angry   Shocked
NotLambchop

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:57:10 PM

Comrades!
Stay vigilant against government infiltrators and market manipulators!
          Together, we're strong!
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:59:33 PM

Why are there two people arguing in the general conversation thread?
Pages: « 1 ... 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 [8494] 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 8525 8526 8527 8528 8529 8530 8531 8532 8533 8534 8535 8536 8537 8538 8539 8540 8541 8542 8543 8544 ... 33484 »
  Print  

Jump to: