April 26, 2024, 02:16:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8424 8425 8426 8427 8428 8429 8430 8431 8432 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 [8474] 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10150

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:01:04 AM

YOU KNOW WHAT CAUSED THIS?

I FUCKING SOLD 15 LAST NIGHT THATS WHAT CAUSED THIS

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I remember reading about your selling $6k or something... b/c you "need it".. right before the green dildos...      Who the fuck knows really?  Except maybe a few insiders?

Yeah my wife needs knee surgery. Nothing urgent but just figured I'd put the money in the bank now because it'll be in the next week, I could have liquidated some of my brokerage account + lost money on exchange rate + fees, wired from the UK + lost money on exchange rate + fees, or sold btc on LBC.

Selling on LBC I get bitstamp rate here, so I figured fuck it. Probably was just gonna go sideways for another few weeks until I had the chance to buy them back.

Already regretting it.

I know that there can be some unexpected needs for cash.. from time to time.  I am in the red on my BTC... since my average buy-in price is $600... Accordingly,  I attempt to have enough of a cash flow in fiat on reserve in various accounts.. so I do NOT have to sell BTC .. especially while I am in the red... however, i do understand that sometimes the situation could be forced for whatever reason or even seem to be the least of the evils (regarding which account should be cashed out).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:01:21 AM

Explanation
karol

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:28:47 AM

Second round incomming

You mean second dump probably
DutchTrades

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 09:32:08 AM

Second round incomming

Who are you talking to?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:33:28 AM

You are sounding a bit delusional,  paranoid and self-absorbed in your attempts to justify your supposed important claims about BTC price movements.  
Nope. If I am, I would have posted long winded post explaining it like what you do  Roll Eyes

Length of post is a discretionary and judgement matter, in which each of comes a varying conclusions regarding how much we need to say or how much we feel we need to explain and/or what kinds of words to use.. or the tone, etc.  There could be some examples of long-winded, but really I do NOT know about what you speak.  You may conclude that my post is "long-winded" because you do NOT understand the significance of the language that is being used or maybe you do NOT agree with the contents, so instead of responding to the substance, you conclude that what was said was, "long-winded." 

And aren't we talking about the "bulltard" thingy and about the "name calling"  Roll Eyes

I believe that was the main topic that we started with was my comment that it seemed inflammatory to be throwing out the term bulltard, when there may be better ways to express some of your ideas, to the extent that you may have substantive ideas, which I am beginning to have my doubts.

I barely remember the June 2014 dialogue to which you referred, until you now cited it.

It is possible ChrisML was on to something when he referred to you as cuntface.. and it appears that I was laughing at the seemingly clever comment JimboToronto regarding the inappropriate degrading of a woman's genitals..... I cannot even recall if I agreed substantively with him about to whom the content was directed.. ... I suppose it is possible that I did... . but in the context of any of my comments today, I forgot about all of that until you just reminding me of such... so that previous comment did NOT affect my earlier comment today... but it does seem to establish that you have some preoccupations with pettiness... and potentially taking matters too personally... and that may explain your tendency to call names rather than to engage on a more meaningful level.... possibly mom's basement is getting a little too claustrophobic for you?  

Deny all you want.. heh! Birds of the same feather flocks together they say..  Roll Eyes
I called someone bulltard, he came out like a hero protecting his fellow bulltard... Someone called me cuntface and loser for posting bitcoin's price, he joins the bulltards.. haha and he pretends he dislike name-calling in this thread..  Roll Eyes 

There seems to be quite a bit stream of consciousness going on here, and loose connections, and seems like you are getting a bit worked up over this, at least to the extent that your sentences are NOT really comprehensible in a self-contained manner, but hinge on a form of fill-in-the-blank puzzle.

taking matters too personally

That goes back to you.. LOL! I'm not even talking to you when you pop out like a mushroom. Seems like I hurt your feelings when I said "THOSE bulltards"  Roll Eyes
Possibly mom's basement is getting a little too claustrophobic for you...  Roll Eyes

You seem to be devolving into a status of wanting to argue, just for the sake of it... and even using the lines that I had used on you, directed towards me?  At least you could come up with something a little more substantive and/or original.

-------------------------

I'm outta here

Oh.. and one more thing that is probably a psychological problem for you is that you seem to be viewing your interactions here on the interwebs as some kind of competition, including these recent posts with me.  There may be some posters who are competing, but I am NOT one of them..    So step back from the keyboard, sir, ma'am or bot!!!!!!   Cheesy

Heh I posted that when I got bored waiting for a reply  Roll Eyes I can't believe you'd even say something about that... I guess that is probably a psychological problem for you... LOL!
You step away from the keyboard bulltard...  Roll Eyes

Again, you do NOT seem to be saying anything new, here.  You are merely taking the lines that I used that were directed towards you, and then directing the lines towards me.  Seems like you are running on pure emotion rather than reason.  Maybe on the positive shows that you are a human rather than a bot...?   And, if you are a bot, you are sure seeming to be an emotional one.. that is lashing out and grasping at straws....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

karol

Activity: 150

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:34:25 AM

Second round incomming

Who are you talking to?

To You, I've quotet You so to You
esse83

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:35:45 AM

Wow.. only $3.6mill on bidside at stamp. Thats the lowest I have ever seen, guess people canceled their bids and panick bought last night. This last paypal induced pump might turn out to be not such a great thing.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:39:42 AM

I just use multibit and electrum, multibit for day to day, electrum for storage. I have paper backups of the seed.

Asked my wife what the encryption key is for her copy of the backup today - she has no idea.

Fuckin women. Lucky I have other backups, cuz hers is lost forever.

Ms. Piggles needs to get an account here on Bitcoin talk, so she can defend herself in this thread, and then we will have two women here...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  (that is BitChick and Ms. Piggles.. unless she would preferred to be called PigglesChick or some other name?)
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:46:06 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 10:04:47 AM by Ultros

Sorry guys. Rocket intercepted. It's unbearable.

http://youtu.be/hIvSO8PpW5U
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:50:51 AM

and the downtrend continues, but whoever bought below 400 and sold around 440-450 made a good trade...but lets wait for the real bottom that could take a couple of months to happen.

YES, oh wise one.   
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:55:00 AM

I just use multibit and electrum, multibit for day to day, electrum for storage. I have paper backups of the seed.

Asked my wife what the encryption key is for her copy of the backup today - she has no idea.

Ms. Piggles needs to get an account here on Bitcoin talk, so she can defend herself in this thread, and then we will have two women here...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  (that is BitChick and Ms. Piggles.. unless she would preferred to be called PigglesChick or some other name?)

She makes fun of me having "internet friiiiiiiends" as it is, no chance she'd ever post on a forum.

MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:57:47 AM

Yeah my wife needs knee surgery. Nothing urgent but just figured I'd put the money in the bank now because it'll be in the next week, I could have liquidated some of my brokerage account + lost money on exchange rate + fees, wired from the UK + lost money on exchange rate + fees, or sold btc on LBC.

Selling on LBC I get bitstamp rate here, so I figured fuck it. Probably was just gonna go sideways for another few weeks until I had the chance to buy them back.

Already regretting it.

I know that there can be some unexpected needs for cash.. from time to time.  I am in the red on my BTC... since my average buy-in price is $600... Accordingly,  I attempt to have enough of a cash flow in fiat on reserve in various accounts.. so I do NOT have to sell BTC .. especially while I am in the red... however, i do understand that sometimes the situation could be forced for whatever reason or even seem to be the least of the evils (regarding which account should be cashed out).

My average buy in price this year is $510.

if I count the ones I bought in july + sold in dec my average buy price is $220. which is actually a lot higher than I thought it was until I just calculated it.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:00:53 AM

and the downtrend continues, but whoever bought below 400 and sold around 440-450 made a good trade...but lets wait for the real bottom that could take a couple of months to happen.

YES, oh wise one.  

mmitech is currently the wisest player in the game Cheesy

Probably, you are defining game in such a way that either mmitech is the only one in "the game" or it is a game amongst elementary grade students...   Cheesy Cheesy   Cheesy though I should insult the intelligence of elementary grade students.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

Explanation
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:04:20 AM

Already regretting it.

if I count the ones I bought in july + sold in dec my average buy price is $220. which is actually a lot higher than I thought it was until I just calculated it.

My average buy in price is $30. What now?  Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:04:35 AM

She makes fun of me having "internet friiiiiiiends" as it is, no chance she'd ever post on a forum.

She's probably got a pretty decent point about the "internet friiiiiends" concern... ... and even though she doesn't know it now, she will be really happy if you can figure out a way to hang onto your bitcoins at least for the duration of one more bubble...   She may even decide to "love you long time."   Cheesy Cheesy
piyany

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:11:05 AM

Not crossed 450$. I'm calling it- bulltrap and short squeeze.

This is not paypal integration per se but something much much less. Comparable with that braintree news?

But people will buy on the news after pump as usual so we will not see below 400$ for a while.  Sad

Just quoting myself since finally made the right call. And before other bears Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:20:38 AM

Already regretting it.

I may be a little bit confused about how everybody calculates average buy-in price.  Personally, I maintain a running Excel spreadsheet, which have various columns to tell me things such as price at the time that I bought and transactional fees or any other cost that I may endure, so I can figure out at any particular date my running average BTC price (including transactional fees).    So far, if I sell, I will usually replace; however, I even noticed that if I sell below my average price per BTC, then that sell action will raise my average price per BTC - even if I replace those BTC. 

I do NOT trade very much, but I know that if i make BTC on trades, then that is really good for lowering my average BTC price - I usually am NOT too successful in that direction, so for now, I have refrained from attempting to lower my average BTC price through trades (though I may make such attempts when my portfolio is at least 15% to 20% in the black (some day.... ?)

I suppose that there are other ways to calculate, but I would NOT count an average from some earlier investment, unless the profits from the earlier investment had been reinvested to bring down the current average BTC price.... so in that regard, it would seem only the more recent string of BTC investments would matter to figuring out your average BTC buy in price, no?  So, $510-ish?

I guess NO matter what your way of calculating your average BTC buy-in price, you need to be comfortable with it and expect that it realistically meets your purposes for weighing what future conduct is or is NOT in your financial interests based on the probabilities involved, your risk aversion,  your overall finances, your timeline, and maybe a few other personal factors.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

Already regretting it.

My average buy in price is $30. What now?  Cool

If your average buy-in is $30, then you should be in a pretty decent position to decide whatever you want; however, if your quantity of holdings is low, you may still need to consider buying more.. so average by itself may NOT be sufficient to determine what to do next.  In other words, we need more info in order to be of assistance to you, to the extent that you may perceive any need(s) for assistance.   Undecided Undecided
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:27:14 AM

Not crossed 450$. I'm calling it- bulltrap and short squeeze.

This is not paypal integration per se but something much much less. Comparable with that braintree news?

But people will buy on the news after pump as usual so we will not see below 400$ for a while.  Sad

Just quoting myself since finally made the right call. And before other bears Grin

So what?  This thing has NOT played out and maybe you called one event correctly (regarding the $450-ish), so which way are we going on a longer term scale, do you have an outline of a plan that we can use as a guide.. ?
Pages: « 1 ... 8424 8425 8426 8427 8428 8429 8430 8431 8432 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 [8474] 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: