May 01, 2024, 07:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 [982] 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370468 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:01:47 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 01:04:06 AM

So does whaleageddon happen again tomorrow?
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:06:02 AM

Hard to say. Price isn't really high enough to have a large profit margin however there is a definite downward slope on the price. Maybe down to mid-80s this week before bouncing.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:25:42 AM

Hard to say. Price isn't really high enough to have a large profit margin however there is a definite downward slope on the price. Maybe down to mid-80s this week before bouncing.

That's what I'm looking at for price. I can't see a drop below $80 or so before a large spike. I'm waiting for $80 to buy back in.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:01:51 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:01:53 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:01:46 AM

SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 04:04:11 AM

Needed new post. Chart buddy three in a row is a little boring. Hopefully volume picks up next week. Upside or downside, I don't care. This is getting interesting.

hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:18:42 AM

Ever since mid May we have been seeing the huge weekly dumps ~> then Mt.Gox stops outgoing wires ~> then the huge dumps stop ~> Those coins move to other exchanges bringing the price down below Mt.Gox....

Which is where we are now.

This makes me a bit scared for when Mt.Gox starts transfers again. I wonder how many coins are waiting to be dumped once the wires come back. If I had a huge stash, and was dumping weekly, and Gox all of a sudden halted wires, I would move all my coins out of Gox, and into my wallet. If I needed some cash, or was trying to stick to a cash out plan, I would sell what I could on other exchanges without causing too much slippage. Any of those May/June size dumps on the other exchanges would just be stupid. So when Gox starts wires back up, who knows how much catching up we have to do after stalling all these dumps!

For this reason, I sold all but about 10% of my stash. Two months ago I bought a new Caddy, in full, and put a large down payment on a home, all with bitcoin speculative/minning money, so I'm not complaining much. I will definitely be sticking around for when we get a new reason for panic buying, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Yes, I know, with something as "new" as bitcoin, that new reason could happen tomorrow!

TLDR; Sold most of my coins, now waiting patiently on the sidelines. & MtGox opening wires back up should be a good show!
Jozzaboy

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:25:33 AM

Ever since mid May we have been seeing the huge weekly dumps ~> then Mt.Gox stops outgoing wires ~> then the huge dumps stop ~> Those coins move to other exchanges bringing the price down below Mt.Gox....

This makes me a bit scared for when Mt.Gox starts transfers again. I wonder how many coins are waiting to be dumped once the wires come back. If I had a huge stash, and was dumping weekly, and Gox all of a sudden halted wires, I would move all my coins out of Gox, and into my wallet. If I needed some cash, or was trying to stick to a cash out plan, I would sell what I could on other exchanges without causing too much slippage. Any of those May/June size dumps on the other exchanges would just be stupid. So when Gox starts wires back up, who knows how much catching up we have to do after stalling all these dumps!

For this reason, I sold all but about 10% of my stash. Two months ago I bought a new Caddy, in full, and put a large down payment on a home, all with bitcoin speculative/minning money, so I'm not complaining much. I will definitely be sticking around for when we get a new reason for panic buying, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Yes, I know, with something as "new" as bitcoin, that new reason could happen tomorrow!

TLDR; Sold most of my coins, now waiting patiently on the sidelines. & MtGox opening wires back up should be a good show!

Good for you regarding your profits and interesting thoughts on why MTGox has a significantly higher price than other exchanges. I must say, I wholeheartedly agree. Once withdraws on MTGox continue without any impedance, I imagine there will be a bout of arbitrage between exchanges and we settle between 80s and low 90s before there is another bull move.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:01:54 AM

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:15:33 AM

Congratulations! It's good to hear about someone buying something fun with their btc.

Bitcoin Charts price data going back a year will tell you that their has almost always been a disparity between the price at other exchanges and Gox with Gox always being higher. There was even a couple of people assisting with arbitrage using OKPay a while back but the transfer fees eat up a lot of the benefit. I can't remember the exact number but you need at least a 7% OR 9% difference in price for arbitrage to make sense. Gox only stopped cash withdrawals of USD. USD deposits and transfers to Mt. Gox continue so do deposits and withdrawals in other currencies. I don't think coins moving to other exchanges is causing the disparity in price unless that's been happening for more than a year. Your right, when Gox opens up USD withdrawals again its going to get interesting.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:50:52 AM

Congratulations! It's good to hear about someone buying something fun with their btc.

Bitcoin Charts price data going back a year will tell you that their has almost always been a disparity between the price at other exchanges and Gox with Gox always being higher. There was even a couple of people assisting with arbitrage using OKPay a while back but the transfer fees eat up a lot of the benefit. I can't remember the exact number but you need at least a 7% OR 9% difference in price for arbitrage to make sense. Gox only stopped cash withdrawals of USD. USD deposits and transfers to Mt. Gox continue so do deposits and withdrawals in other currencies. I don't think coins moving to other exchanges is causing the disparity in price unless that's been happening for more than a year. Your right, when Gox opens up USD withdrawals again its going to get interesting.

Yes there has always been a disparity, but < 2% is the norm. This is currently 7% with a high of nearly 20% in the last couple of days.

If coins arent moving to the other exchanges, then why did the gox price rise & stagnate (before falling) while the others fell?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:01:46 AM

hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:02:30 AM

Yes there has always been a disparity, but < 2% is the norm. This is currently 7% with a high of nearly 20% in the last couple of days.

If coins arent moving to the other exchanges, then why did the gox price rise & stagnate (before falling) while the others fell?

To clarify your point: The price rose because some people had fiat waiting to be wired out, so they had to rebuy coins to move to other exchanges and sell there, right?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:10:38 AM

There has been such a disparity historically that people are trying to get passive income from OkPay helping others with arbitrage. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171349.0 It hasn't been just a couple of days.

I don't really have a good reason for the stagnation other than artificial shoring of the price. Now why or who might have done this - I don't know but some unusual stuff is happening at Gox. Hell, for all I know Gox is manipulating the market because they are a key member of The Bitcoin Foundation and they needed to stop U.S. trading because of the California complaint against TBF. They did just file for a FinCEN MSB license. Maybe that's got something to do with it. But that's just a wild assed guess.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:23:45 AM

To clarify your point: The price rose because some people had fiat waiting to be wired out, so they had to rebuy coins to move to other exchanges and sell there, right?

Well, that and I think many people panicked and took large losses. Now we do have a more steady buy at gox sell @ [the other three] maintaining the gap.

There has been such a disparity historically that people are trying to get passive income from OkPay helping others with arbitrage. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171349.0 It hasn't been just a couple of days.

I don't really have a good reason for the stagnation other than artificial shoring of the price. Now why or who might have done this - I don't know but some unusual stuff is happening at Gox. Hell, for all I know Gox is manipulating the market because they are a key member of The Bitcoin Foundation and they needed to stop U.S. trading because of the California complaint against TBF. They did just file for a FinCEN MSB license. Maybe that's got something to do with it. But that's just a wild assed guess.

Yes, there has been, and it took an event that would cause selling on MtGox to temporarily become unfavorable. Not 20% though - we've never seen it that large before. The initial panic on this no withdrawal news brought bitstamp down to 90 while gox was still holding steady near 110.

Also, I think Gox is definitely up to something. The whale wars on the 24th simply make no sense. Something happened there that us outsiders dont know. Rich people dont just throw their money out like that.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:31:47 AM

Well, that and I think many people panicked and took large losses. Now we do have a more steady buy at gox sell @ [the other three] maintaining the gap.

Yes, there has been, and it took an event that would cause selling on MtGox to temporarily become unfavorable. Not 20% though - we've never seen it that large before. The initial panic on this no withdrawal news brought bitstamp down to 90 while gox was still holding steady near 110.

Also, I think Gox is definitely up to something. The whale wars on the 24th simply make no sense. Something happened there that us outsiders dont know. Rich people dont just throw their money out like that.

Very strange indeed. Watching the next week unfold is going to be quite entertaining.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:02:38 AM

Jozzaboy

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:09:56 AM

Curious amount of buy orders building up. I'm starting to expect a whale dump but by no means, wallzilla yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 [982] 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: