June 20, 2024, 11:43:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14845 14846 14847 14848 14849 14850 14851 14852 14853 14854 14855 14856 14857 14858 14859 14860 14861 14862 14863 14864 14865 14866 14867 14868 14869 14870 14871 14872 14873 14874 14875 14876 14877 14878 14879 14880 14881 14882 14883 14884 14885 14886 14887 14888 14889 14890 14891 14892 14893 14894 [14895] 14896 14897 14898 14899 14900 14901 14902 14903 14904 14905 14906 14907 14908 14909 14910 14911 14912 14913 14914 14915 14916 14917 14918 14919 14920 14921 14922 14923 14924 14925 14926 14927 14928 14929 14930 14931 14932 14933 14934 14935 14936 14937 14938 14939 14940 14941 14942 14943 14944 14945 ... 33463 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403646 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:45:45 AM

I think I finally understand the true nature of this controversy: Smallblockers are Jacobites.

A little background:  Jacobites are those that claim that the Royal Family of England are not the true heirs because somewhere way back, the rules of succession were not properly followed and the Elector of Hanover was crowned king mainly because he wasn't Catholic.  Jacobites are correct, but what they don't seem to understand is that it doesn't matter at all.  At this point in history nobody is going to take the crown off of Lizzy and plop in onto Prince Alois of Lichtenstein or whoever. Not. gonna. happen. Rules of succession were made to ensure orderly transition of power, not the other way around.

In our version,  Smallblockers think that non-core code is by definition not Bitcoin. So if the miners adopt Classic (or whatever), that network of miners, nodes, exchanges, wallets, etc is no longer Bitcoin.  AGAIN, that may be literally true (if you accept that definition) but it won't matter at all.  The true definer of consensus is reality.  Will that network be viable? I don't know the answer to that, but it is virtually certain that the jacobite (Core) fork will not.  Hashpower secures the network.

your ability to relate anything to bitcoin's current situation is amazing.

anyway,

i was trying to explain the situation to my dad, and he kept bugging on " everyone will just stick to Bitcoin the original  if there's no consensus. " i didnt have time to finish the convo i had to run out the door, but here what i will tell him tomorrow.

"
that is not what will happen
forget it, "Bitcoin the original" doesn't exist even today.
either we all come together ( segwit + 2MB ) and call it bitcoin with Core as the "government"
or there will be a fork, and each impl will change in their own way.
there is no "original" there is only 2 new coins Core and Classic
each with their own hashing power, each with there own new impls.
this should be avoided, but at this point miners are on the brink.
I know you like the Idea of bitcoin being the "Backbone" to a second layer, but >80% of the hashing power disagrees.
I for one will not fallow Mr Blue hair and BS BlockStream team ( whose president is nowhere to be found -_- )
maybe i'm going nuts! ( it wouldn't be the first time, and it sure as hell won't be the last )
but i think it would be prudent to make damn sure ALL your coins are under your control, incase the fork happens tomorrow.
"

hahahahahaha...

Listen to your dad... he sounds correct, even if he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

There is generally a presumption of maintaining the status quo, and probably, that is the point that he is making regarding saying bitcoin the original will live on.  hahahahaha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

YOU GO>>>>>>>>> DADDY AdamstgBit!!!!!!!!!!

my dad's an ivory tower type thinker, that for sure.

but say tomorrow 80% hashing switch to classic and the HF will be activated in 28 days ( or wtv the grace period is )
what then what is "bitcoin the original"??
Core's segwit + 0.5MB blocks
or Classics 2MB blocks
you see there is no such thing as bitcoin the original!!!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:53:28 AM

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:56:19 AM

I think I finally understand the true nature of this controversy: Smallblockers are Jacobites.

A little background:  Jacobites are those that claim that the Royal Family of England are not the true heirs because somewhere way back, the rules of succession were not properly followed and the Elector of Hanover was crowned king mainly because he wasn't Catholic.  Jacobites are correct, but what they don't seem to understand is that it doesn't matter at all.  At this point in history nobody is going to take the crown off of Lizzy and plop in onto Prince Alois of Lichtenstein or whoever. Not. gonna. happen. Rules of succession were made to ensure orderly transition of power, not the other way around.

In our version,  Smallblockers think that non-core code is by definition not Bitcoin. So if the miners adopt Classic (or whatever), that network of miners, nodes, exchanges, wallets, etc is no longer Bitcoin.  AGAIN, that may be literally true (if you accept that definition) but it won't matter at all.  The true definer of consensus is reality.  Will that network be viable? I don't know the answer to that, but it is virtually certain that the jacobite (Core) fork will not.  Hashpower secures the network.

anyway,

i was trying to explain the situation to my dad, and he kept bugging on " everyone will just stick to Bitcoin the original  if there's no consensus. " i didnt have time to finish the convo i had to run out the door, but here what i will tell him tomorrow.

"
either we all come together ( segwit + 2MB ) and call it bitcoin with Core as the "government"
I know you like the Idea of bitcoin being the "Backbone" to a second layer, but >80% of the hashing power disagrees.
I for one will not fallow Mr Blue hair and BS BlockStream team ( whose president is nowhere to be found -_- )
maybe i'm going nuts! ( it wouldn't be the first time, and it sure as hell won't be the last )
but i think it would be prudent to make damn sure ALL your coins are under your control, incase the fork happens tomorrow.
"

hahahahahaha...

Listen to your dad... he sounds correct, even if he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

There is generally a presumption of maintaining the status quo, and probably, that is the point that he is making regarding saying bitcoin the original will live on.  hahahahaha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Most miners, particularly Chinese miners don't give a shit about Bitcoin other than as a revenue source. They will perpetuate the status quo as long as it makes them money and not a second longer.  Already you see some of them trying to find a face-saving way to back out of the Roundtable Consensus because they know or suspect that it's too little too late for scaling and that Core won't ever honor it anyway. In fact, according to their own rules, they CAN'T honor it.

The status quo is good for BTC price until blocks are full and then it's bad.  Blocks are almost full. The future is full of uncertainty. Markets hate uncertainty.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:59:18 AM

anyway,

"
"

hahahahahaha...

There is generally a presumption of maintaining the status quo, and probably, that is the point that he is making regarding saying bitcoin the original will live on.  hahahahaha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Most miners, particularly Chinese miners don't give a shit about Bitcoin other than as a revenue source. They will perpetuate the status quo as long as it makes them money and not a second longer.  Already you see some of them trying to find a face-saving way to back out of the Roundtable Consensus because they know or suspect that it's too little too late for scaling and that Core won't ever honor it anyway. In fact, according to their own rules, they CAN'T honor it.

The status quo is good for BTC price until blocks are full and then it's bad.  Blocks are almost full. The future is full of uncertainty. Markets hate uncertainty.

blocks are completely full
every single one
my 1cent fee tx has yet to be mined

CB's maths are wrong.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:00:53 AM

Coin

Explanation
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:03:15 AM

Ha ha!
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:06:33 AM

[Snip]

Yeah there is,

http://thebitcoin.foundation
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:14:58 AM

every single one

They are full precisely because almost all near-zero fee transactions are currently included.
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:18:21 AM

every single one

They are full precisely because almost all near-zero fee transactions are currently included.

In other words, ADAM, IT"S ALL YOUR FAULT! Spamming the blogchain with your pointless "tests," ye of little faith!
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:22:50 AM

every single one

Are all zero fee transactions included in Litecoin, Dash, monero, etherium?  Bitcoin is losing market share because competitors are underpricing us. 
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:26:40 AM

oh look ETH is pushing higher.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:28:12 AM

Are all zero fee transactions included in Litecoin, Dash, monero, etherium?  Bitcoin is losing market share because competitors are underpricing us. 

I'm sure they'd be ever so excited to receive any actual transactions regardless of fees.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:29:08 AM

every single one

Just open a block explorer and you'll see LTC and DASH has like 4-5-6 tx/block, monero is at 0-1.

BTC does like 2000 txs/block.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:30:07 AM

I'm sure they'd be ever so excited to receive any actual transactions regardless of fees.

Peter Todd uses Monero. For privacy. Wink
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:32:49 AM

Peter Todd uses Monero. For privacy butt plugs. Wink

hehehehe
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:36:54 AM

fing hell, this is such hell, just when you think things might start moving again BAM peter todd block's the stream

welcome to month 11 of "lets have a consensus" #GimpedCoin

Welcome to month 11 of "Sorry Not Tonight Dear"  #BitcoinObituaries  #Hearnia  #DoItRightMeow
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:37:31 AM

every single one

Just open a block explorer and you'll see LTC and DASH has like 4-5-6 tx/block, monero is at 0-1.

You are either gaining market share or you are losing it. It doesn't matter how far of a lead you have. if your competitor is picking up speed and you are slowing down, in a long enough race, you will lose.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:56:54 AM

every single one

You are either gaining market share or you are losing it. It doesn't matter how far of a lead you have. if your competitor is picking up speed and you are slowing down, in a long enough race, you will lose.

no coin has had the heat thrown at it that bitcoin has ... if any of them get big enough to warrant more than a 'meh' then the blow torch comes on them.

I want to see the BS of V. Buterin explode into a full-blown internet rage war, PoS ethereum is going to encourage some truly sick politicking, you thought PoW chinese miners was an 'issue'?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:57:08 AM

anyway,

"
"

hahahahahaha...

my dad's an ivory tower type thinker, that for sure.

but say tomorrow 80% hashing switch to classic and the HF will be activated in 28 days ( or wtv the grace period is )
what then what is "bitcoin the original"??
Core's segwit + 0.5MB blocks
or Classics 2MB blocks

There's not going to be any 80% hashing power switch to classic.

There's not enough support there... so therefore, we still be considering core to be the original.

No?    How many blocks have been mined by Classic?  Less than 10?

At this point, it seems way too speculative to suggest that in any time in the near future classic could become perceived as the original, even for this speculation thread.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:00:48 AM

Coin

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 14845 14846 14847 14848 14849 14850 14851 14852 14853 14854 14855 14856 14857 14858 14859 14860 14861 14862 14863 14864 14865 14866 14867 14868 14869 14870 14871 14872 14873 14874 14875 14876 14877 14878 14879 14880 14881 14882 14883 14884 14885 14886 14887 14888 14889 14890 14891 14892 14893 14894 [14895] 14896 14897 14898 14899 14900 14901 14902 14903 14904 14905 14906 14907 14908 14909 14910 14911 14912 14913 14914 14915 14916 14917 14918 14919 14920 14921 14922 14923 14924 14925 14926 14927 14928 14929 14930 14931 14932 14933 14934 14935 14936 14937 14938 14939 14940 14941 14942 14943 14944 14945 ... 33463 »
  Print  

Jump to: