May 03, 2024, 03:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15979 15980 15981 15982 15983 15984 15985 15986 15987 15988 15989 15990 15991 15992 15993 15994 15995 15996 15997 15998 15999 16000 16001 16002 16003 16004 16005 16006 16007 16008 16009 16010 16011 16012 16013 16014 16015 16016 16017 16018 16019 16020 16021 16022 16023 16024 16025 16026 16027 16028 [16029] 16030 16031 16032 16033 16034 16035 16036 16037 16038 16039 16040 16041 16042 16043 16044 16045 16046 16047 16048 16049 16050 16051 16052 16053 16054 16055 16056 16057 16058 16059 16060 16061 16062 16063 16064 16065 16066 16067 16068 16069 16070 16071 16072 16073 16074 16075 16076 16077 16078 16079 ... 33317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371190 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:58:33 AM

If big blockers are censored, explain how this guy gets a free pass to start new threads daily and bump old ones on a regular basis.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=196289

Because he is a lunatic perhaps? Censorship can be subtle.

Interesting talk by Andreas Antonopoulos about living in a bubble and it's consequences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=810aKcfM__Q

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:16:46 PM

[...]
If it's "fairly obvious", show us some evidence at least.

That's the catch with censorship.

If big blockers are censored, explain how this guy gets a free pass to start new threads daily and bump old ones on a regular basis.

Well, that's an interesting example, but speaking only from my own experience with mods here I don't feel it's a place for open discussion any more, certainly compared to other bitcoin forums. This seems more like the volunteer division of the blockstream marketing department.

I'm not claiming this as conclusive, only that I've seen enough for me to disengage.

What I found here or heard is that if you lose your account the only way to get it back is to "prove' such with your btc address on the main page and a private key for such
(any paper wallet with such even empty will do) then you can 'prove' it by sending the private msg that bitcoin has (forget the name) using your private key to sign such

did it once for a usb drive it was a pain of a way to make a sale

I see adam has NO btc address on a profile..thus screwed ..thus his access is never coming back it seems...had friends with accounts here hacked..without above the mods
won't even answer you email

so if you have not done so..make a blank paper btc wallet with private keys it can even be frigging never have btc in it..put it on your profile (for tips hah) and then worse
comes to worse and hacked you can get your account back..pain thou it may be

anyway what I've heard from more then one guy who had his account info lost in 2014 when this site was 'breached'
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:05:02 PM

This is the second day with no movement on the price.  I wonder if it will keep up this suspense all the way to Christmas!  One thing's for sure, it's eventually going to swing either up or down  Grin
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:52:05 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 02:06:26 PM by harrymmmm

[...]

Well, that's an interesting example, but speaking only from my own experience with mods here I don't feel it's a place for open discussion any more, certainly compared to other bitcoin forums. This seems more like the volunteer division of the blockstream marketing department.

I'm not claiming this as conclusive, only that I've seen enough for me to disengage.

What I found here or heard is that if you lose your account the only way to get it back is to "prove' such with your btc address on the main page and a private key for such
(any paper wallet with such even empty will do) then you can 'prove' it by sending the private msg that bitcoin has (forget the name) using your private key to sign such

I see adam has NO btc address on a profile..thus screwed ..thus his access is never coming back it seems...had friends with accounts here hacked..without above the mods

so if you have not done so..make a blank paper btc wallet with private keys it can even be frigging never have btc in it..put it on your profile (for tips hah) and then worse

anyway what I've heard from more then one guy who had his account info lost in 2014 when this site was 'breached'

There's a thread somewhere here where people are adding their public key (PGP I think, but bitcoin should be ok too) and signing that together with a quote of the previous guy's message to form a "public key blockchain". So, at least register a key like that.

edit: found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0

I lied actually. They seem to just be quoting previous message, not signing it...that seems to weaken the chain, but maybe ok.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 02:02:40 PM

[...]

There's a thread somewhere here where people are adding their public key (PGP I think, but bitcoin should be ok too) and signing that together with a quote of the previous guy's message to form a "public key blockchain". So, at least register a key like that.

where is the thread? may I ask for the link?
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:04:54 PM

This is the second day with no movement on the price.  I wonder if it will keep up this suspense all the way to Christmas!  One thing's for sure, it's eventually going to swing either up or down  Grin
After few days mega dump incoming. ..
Charts don't lie.
Lituation

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:07:04 PM

Charts don't lie.

The joy of the incoming dump  Cheesy I'm with you, this is as far as our Chinese friends take us, time to bail.
harrymmmm

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:09:53 PM

Sorry about that. I was lazy. Thought it would take ages to find the damn thing.
added to the first post, but to save you the trouble: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 02:16:54 PM

Sorry about that. I was lazy. Thought it would take ages to find the damn thing.
added to the first post, but to save you the trouble: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0

nice! thank you!
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:59:17 PM

[...]

Posts are pretty frequently deleted here compared to in the past. Far more so than on other threads, I know this from personal experience.   Nothing was taboo here once upon a time, but policy seems to have changed somewhat.

It is also true that different threads are moderated differently and always have been.
harrymmmm

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:43:02 PM

[...]

Posts are pretty frequently deleted here compared to in the past. Far more so than on other threads, I know this from personal experience.   Nothing was taboo here once upon a time, but policy seems to have changed somewhat.

It is also true that different threads are moderated differently and always have been.

I've had a grand total of 3 posts deleted on bitcointalk. An interesting data point is that 2 of those were in this thread in the last few weeks and BOTH were on-topic but were in response to posts by adam (his new account). I think I got caught in a cross-fire there. That seems to me to indicate a newish attitude by mod(s?).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:16:40 PM

Charts don't lie.

The joy of the incoming dump  Cheesy I'm with you, this is as far as our Chinese friends take us, time to bail.

That's a crazy theory, and I don't think that such a theory is supported by the charts, yet.  Maybe you sold (or shorted), and you merely are talking you book, attempting to get others to follow? 

I agree with the concept that a dump could occur at any time, but we are really getting decent continuing upwards price pressures at this time.  It seems that we are at least going to get an attempt at $800 in the coming days... currently, we are really close to striking distance of such an attack, and the resistance (at the moment) doesn't even really seem that strong (at $800 at the moment).

There may be more decent resistance in the mid to upper $800s, however.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:50:31 PM

[...]

I've had a grand total of 3 posts deleted on bitcointalk. An interesting data point is that 2 of those were in this thread in the last few weeks and BOTH were on-topic but were in response to posts by adam (his new account). I think I got caught in a cross-fire there. That seems to me to indicate a newish attitude by mod(s?).

Wasn't aware of that. I'll have to look into it myself and find out if I see it like that as well or not. I've remained  on this forum, because, chaotic, ugly and sometimes downright noxious as it may be, it still felt like the right place to me. But if there's a new directive, or even if the effect is such that it resembles one, something like 'moderating towards a greater goal', it would change my perception of the place.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:05:36 PM

Yes, I've had the odd (entirely innocent) question about bigger blocks deleted. Think I was asking what the odds were for SegWit given current adoption. Not impressed but then, I never was with BCT. It just means there's even less reason to swing by.
I imagine this post will vanish too, so enjoy it while it lasts.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:33:17 PM

Seems like Andreas has become a bull, price wise. This is rather rare for him to speak about:

"The Bitcoin valuation is 12 billion today. [...] Just wait and see what is going to happen in the next two years"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCVQHtD2l4&feature=youtu.be&t=1818

Recommend to watch the whole talk. By the pitch of his voice you can tell he is really passionate about the subject: 'the war on cash'.
"You got to understand these currency wars are not an accident"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCVQHtD2l4&feature=youtu.be&t=1756
harrymmmm

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:49:21 PM

Seems like Andreas has become a bull, price wise. This is rather rare for him to speak about:

"The Bitcoin valuation is 12 billion today. [...] Just wait and see what is going to happen in the next two years"

Recommend to watch the whole talk. By the pitch of his voice you can tell he is really passionate about the subject: 'the war on cash'.

Over the years I've been wondering if Andreas was aware of the monster approaching. He seems to now be aware Smiley

Woot! I'm a hero member now. My sig is slightly smaller at least. Lol
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:50:47 PM

Haven't Andreas always said that price is going up? He's a sharp dude but regarding price exploration, I wouldn't take his words for it lol. He's too far to the left to know too much about economics.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:22:25 PM

[...]

As posted at bitco.in, this is a snapshot of adam's inbox:

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-842#post-31104

I can confirm that I also had two posts discussing segwit deleted from this thread on the 25th.  I wasn't even discouraging it, just trying to explain some of the opinions I've heard over on that other forum.  We will never be able to reach consensus if discussion is not allowed.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 07:31:12 PM

I can confirm that I also had two posts discussing segwit deleted from this thread on the 25th.  I wasn't even discouraging it, just trying to explain some of the opinions I've heard over on that other forum.  We will never be able to reach consensus if discussion is not allowed.
How about you start actually following the forum rules? You're discussing solutions on a technical basis which has nothing to do with this thread, nor this section (you should try to remain on-topic whenever possible, even when just posting images). I have tried keeping such discussion, regardless of whether positive or negative, and Segwit/BU/whatever out of this thread. At times, this thread feels like kindergarten.

Regarding the poll: I have removed it as it was really outdated. There is no way to add one as a moderator AFAIK (which is unfortunate since OP's account is inactive). I'll talk to the administrators to see whether there are any options to get this rolling.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:38:16 PM

I can confirm that I also had two posts discussing segwit deleted from this thread on the 25th.  I wasn't even discouraging it, just trying to explain some of the opinions I've heard over on that other forum.  We will never be able to reach consensus if discussion is not allowed.
How about you start actually behaving like adults and follow the forum rules? You're discussing solutions on a technical basis which has nothing to do with this thread, nor this section. I have tried keeping such discussion, regardless of whether positive or negative, and Segwit/BU/whatever out of this thread.

Regarding the poll: I have removed it as it was really outdated. There is no way to add one as a moderator AFAIK (which is unfortunate since OP's account is inactive).

This used to be a fun place to hang out and shoot the breeze with whatever topics were tangentially related to bitcoin and its price.  Because of your (not just you, the entire moderation team seems to be on the same page) opinion that the most important discussion in the community is off topic, many posters have left and those that remain self censor most of the time.

Yet, all of the anti-semitic hate speech is just fine.

I just don't understand how the issues surrounding the scalability of bitcoin are off topic, particularly in this lounge-esque thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 15979 15980 15981 15982 15983 15984 15985 15986 15987 15988 15989 15990 15991 15992 15993 15994 15995 15996 15997 15998 15999 16000 16001 16002 16003 16004 16005 16006 16007 16008 16009 16010 16011 16012 16013 16014 16015 16016 16017 16018 16019 16020 16021 16022 16023 16024 16025 16026 16027 16028 [16029] 16030 16031 16032 16033 16034 16035 16036 16037 16038 16039 16040 16041 16042 16043 16044 16045 16046 16047 16048 16049 16050 16051 16052 16053 16054 16055 16056 16057 16058 16059 16060 16061 16062 16063 16064 16065 16066 16067 16068 16069 16070 16071 16072 16073 16074 16075 16076 16077 16078 16079 ... 33317 »
  Print  

Jump to: